Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 17th April 2003, 09:38   #241  |  Link
marnum
Danke Joerg!

I've downloaded your 2 Clips and tested with RealOne and MPC.

RealOne:
REALMEDIA: The line makes a little jump forward every now and then (I'd say every 5-10 frames, but it seems very random)
XVID: The line runs perfectly smooth

MPC:
REALMEDIA: Same as with RealOne, but there is also a difficult-to-describe effect. In every frame the line seems to be split in 2-3 parts and these parts seem to jump around. I guess that's dropped frames, but MPC doesn't show the statistics. When I hit "Pause" the picture was ok.
XVID: Line runs perfectly smooth

Statistics: No failure packet - I think this is what you meant.

By now I think that it has something to do with the video-buffer on the graphics chip. Maybe the graphics chip itself drops frames?

EDIT: Tested one more time with MPC and this weird side-effect was gone - the little jumps remained

Last edited by marnum; 17th April 2003 at 09:40.
marnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2003, 11:26   #242  |  Link
Valky

My previous mentioned problems with captured avi-movie and efforts to put in RM haven't been solved. The problems was not PicVideo mjpeg-format, cayse last night I also tried it with same script in avisynth but the video was converted to 3ivx-format.

I am gonna try to put that that same script now in divx format and if that works, it got to be something wrong with X2real or RealProducer.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2003, 12:43   #243  |  Link
akabob

Valky, try to add the following line at script end:
ConvertToYV12()

Maybe u could upload a 10-20 sec part of your PicVideo AVI (if it's not too hot.. ) somewhere so that we could it with Real Producer ?

++
http://www.lalternative.org
http://www.autorv9.fr.st
akabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2003, 15:22   #244  |  Link
Valky

Quote:
Originally posted by akabob
Maybe u could upload a 10-20 sec part of your PicVideo AVI (if it's not too hot.. ) somewhere so that we could it with Real Producer ?

++
No, I can't cause there is no point? Like I said in previous post all the testclip works great if I do short clips using trim-function. And I am very positive that everything goes right until that point it stops.
Also with this excact same script using same avi converted to 3ivx it hangs at the excact same point 518MB so the problem is not PicVideo. It doesn't give any errors and it just starts after that with the next video in queue almost like everything has gone properly with previous video.

So my question is now: Is here anyone who has been able to encode over 1h 30min captured avi-file to realmedia-format targeting 700mb using x2real for that? And if so, then what are your avs-scripts and your avi-format?

Quote:
Originally posted by akabob
Valky, try to add the following line at script end:
ConvertToYV12()
++
Since, I have tried to use deen or Convolution3d that line is at the beginning of my script...what's the point to put that at the end of script too? But, I tried to put ConvertToYuY2() and it gave me the same result..video that has stopped at 518mb and is not playable.

But of course I can try that too..after that I have fought too long wih this one..

Edit: I tried to add ConvertToYV12() at the end of script..no luck. At the end I had a video 517mb. Not playable. That's it.

Last edited by Valky; 17th April 2003 at 17:22.
Old 18th April 2003, 03:42   #245  |  Link
midiguy

it could be one of your filters.. for test purposes, take out all filters (convolution 3d, etc.)
midiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2003, 08:28   #246  |  Link
daiyam

@Valky
Is your 3ivx clip is complete?
Because in some captured or streamed video, there some packets of the video, which are bad. This can't stop the encode because the decoder can't decode correctly your captured video.

If that it, you must correct your video before start an encoding.

Sorry for my bad english.
daiyam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2003, 12:23   #247  |  Link
Valky

I have also tried this clip with plain avi file without any filters. And the original file is in Mjpeg-format and I then encoded it to 3ivx format using qiality setting 100% and have tried also with that. Same result.

How can I see if there is some errors in that certain point?
And wouldn't the encoding process then stop when encoding to divx- format too? (haven't tried that yet..)

Definetely thre has to be something strange since I have now tried to encoded it 5 times and always stops at the same point..517-518mb.

Hmm..now that I think it..I dont think there is nothing wrong with my captured file. I have previously captured another movie and tried first with that and now that I think it..it also stopped at the same point 518mb.

I could try one more thing..if the reason is somehow in X2Real-software could someone give me the rigt command line if I try to use that in RealProducer? I don't know how to use it and so far the X2Real is the only software I know that supports avs-input.

I want to try to put my video on 700mb with 96kbs audio and I wanna use 1-pass only. My video is 25fps and wav-file is already synched and demuxed.

My avs-script:

LoadPlugin("C:\avs25\convolution3d.dll")
#LoadPlugin("C:\SWIFT\Plugins\Cnr2_YV12.dll")
#LoadPlugin("C:\avs25\unfilter.dll")
#SOURCE:
video=AviSource("E:\capture\capture.avi", false)
audio = wavsource("E:\capture\capture.wav")
video=audiodub(video,audio)
video=ConvertToYV12(video)

#video=AutoCrop(video,1,wMultOf=4, hMultOf=4)
video=crop(video,4,2,380,572)

video=Convolution3d(video,1,10,20,10,10,0,0)
video=bicubicresize(video,384,288,0,0.6)
#video=ConvertToYV12(video)

return(video)
Old 18th April 2003, 15:49   #248  |  Link
CaptainCarrot

@valky
Maybe it's a stupid question... but did you check wether your wavefile is correct? Maybe you have an error with that?
For producer command-line options: if you call producer without any options you get a list.
Your command-line could look like:
producer -i <inputfilename> -o <outputfilename> -vm normal -dt -da

This is without audio (-da), since i don't know how to do that.

Hope i could help a little bit.
CaptainCarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2003, 15:59   #249  |  Link
karl_lillevold

Quote:
Originally posted by marnum
RealOne:
REALMEDIA: The line makes a little jump forward every now and then (I'd say every 5-10 frames, but it seems very random)
XVID: The line runs perfectly smooth

MPC:
REALMEDIA: Same as with RealOne, but there is also a difficult-to-describe effect. In every frame the line seems to be split in 2-3 parts and these parts seem to jump around. I guess that's dropped frames, but MPC doesn't show the statistics. When I hit "Pause" the picture was ok.
XVID: Line runs perfectly smooth

Statistics: No failure packet - I think this is what you meant.
Thanks for trying that out. However, from the Statistics, what I need to know is from the Streams tab, select the RealVideo Stream in the pulldown menu and see if there are any Frame Dropped. This would be really helpful in determining if it's just jitter or a more serious problem. If it's jitter, we have signficantly improved this, and I may ask for some volunteers to PM me to alpha test a couple of DLLs.

Also:
1) Sometimes there are some timing issues during start-up and the test clip may play really badly for a few seconds before it stabilizes.
2) If you use MPC's custom renderer, I don't know how to resolve any weirdness, but if you use the standard RV renderer, it should behave just like in RealOne.
Old 18th April 2003, 16:13   #250  |  Link
karl_lillevold

Quote:
Originally posted by Valky
My previous mentioned problems with captured avi-movie and efforts to put in RM haven't been solved. The problems was not PicVideo mjpeg-format, cayse last night I also tried it with same script in avisynth but the video was converted to 3ivx-format.

I am gonna try to put that that same script now in divx format and if that works, it got to be something wrong with X2real or RealProducer.
When AviSynth fails it's really hard to tell where the problem is. Producer just uses the Windows DirectShow interface to read AVI files. For instance, for 2-pass and batch encoding there is a serious memory leak problem. I was debugging this for a while with input from the developers in the AviSynth forum, and neither Producer nor AviSynth appeared to be doing anything wrong. It was DirectShow that did not call the appropriate Release functions preventing memory from being freed. What I am saying is that even though this is different from the mem leak problem, it may be really hard to find, and it may in fact also be located in the "middle", that is DirectShow. Or it could be some weirdness in the source file(s). DS has been known to have more trouble reading problematic AVI files that VfW. Have you tried this AVI verification tool http://www.headbands.com/gspot/ ? I have not myself, so I don't know if it is useful. Or what about just processing the AVI through VirtualDub to "fix" it. This has helped me on occasion.

Quote:
I have also tried this clip with plain avi file without any filters. And the original file is in Mjpeg-format and I then encoded it to 3ivx format using qiality setting 100% and have tried also with that. Same result.
Does this mean eveything worked fine when you with Producer encoded the AVI file without using AviSynth?

And when you used 3ivx, was that with AviSynth as source or the plain AVI file?
Old 18th April 2003, 17:09   #251  |  Link
marnum
Danke Joerg!

Thank you, eventually found the right statistics tab (Sometimes I really am with stupid). And what I see there is quite strange (I'm translating the titles into English, so they're probably not correct):

Framerate
--------------------
Coded with: 53027854
Right now: 76852626
Postprocessing: Off

Shown Frames: 58184274
Lost Frames: 109801
Dropped Frames: 1866691

The Numbers change randomly as I push Stop and Play again.

Is this a known bug? New hope comes to my mind that I do not have to throw away my latest 2 (perfect!) encodes...

EDIT:
Ok, maybe this showing incredible framerates is a common bug. I switched off "repeat" and it shows:

Coded with: 30.0 fps
Right now: 30.1 fps
Postprocessing: Off

Shown Frames: 100%
Lost Frames: 0
Dropped Frames: 3

And yes, by then it had jerked 3 times during playback.

Last edited by marnum; 18th April 2003 at 17:21.
marnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2003, 19:59   #252  |  Link
wing1

I've not noticed this before, because most of my encoding has been bright and colorful scenes, but I've stumbled onto a clip that has mostly dark scenes (black everywhere) and I've noticed that black became darkish grey instead of true black. Furthermore, this is only noticeable when viewing in full screen mode (MPC and RealONe). Is this something has to do with player or encoding?

YV12 encoding is most noticeable, while YUV is a little less.
wing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2003, 03:55   #253  |  Link
Valky

Quote:
Originally posted by CaptainCarrot
@valky
Maybe it's a stupid question... but did you check wether your wavefile is correct? Maybe you have an error with that?
For producer command-line options: if you call producer without any options you get a list.
Your command-line could look like:
producer -i <inputfilename> -o <outputfilename> -vm normal -dt -da

This is without audio (-da), since i don't know how to do that.

Hope i could help a little bit.
I guess there is nothing wrong with the audio file, cause I have tried to encode also with the original wav file (which is in the avi-file) too...but now I try with this separate wav file cause I have converted this one into stereo-mode afterwards (cause the original wav-file in avi is in mono-format and I have also reduced some noise in it..).

But like I said..I have also tried with this plain avi-file without any filtering and use that as a source. Of course this X2Real-software puts it through avisynth afterwards, but I can't do nothing to that..
Yet to be honest, I am completely out of ideas here..

I have tried now 5 or was it 6 times now..encoding always stops at the same point..

tonight I'll try one more time with plain avi file without any audio..that should exclude the possibility that there is something wrong with the wav-file..
Old 19th April 2003, 11:07   #254  |  Link
Dark-Cracker

hi,

@karl
it seems there is some change in the codec dll name and now rmeditor was lost one poeple have report me an error :

Error: -2147221496 / -2147220520
it probabely a problem of color conversion.but i can't reproduce it problem.

personaly i have an error : -2147220910
it's because the audio codec have change there name and rmeditor.exe was unable to find them.

to solve this problem : rename : atrc3260.dll and cook.dll with :
atrc3260.dll and cook3260.dll and normaly all will work.

(it seems the error are only some numbers and can't find the appropriate error msg)

Perhaps could u point me a 100% working rmeditor (that can split new .rmvb file without problem, and perhaps with the keyframe problem fixed.

Thank u
Bye.

AutoDub v1.8 : Divx3/4/5 & Xvid Video codec and .OGG/.MP3/.AC3/.WMA audio codec.
AutoRV10 v1.0 : Use RealVideo 10 Codec and support 2 Audio Streams and Subtitles.

Last edited by Dark-Cracker; 19th April 2003 at 11:32.
Dark-Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2003, 12:34   #255  |  Link
kilg0r3
! - User - !

hi dark-cracker,

how is it going with ... ah no, I wont ask this question
Old 20th April 2003, 23:34   #256  |  Link
karl_lillevold

@Dark-Cracker:
Re: various rmeditor problems.
Thanks for reporting these problems, which I will forward to the producer team. In the mean-time pls just rename the DLLs causing the problems. With regards to the split-on-keyframe problem, where the start time is exclusive, not inclusive: I am afraid this will probably not be changed, so I think you have to use the work-around we discussed, where you set the start time of the 2nd part just a few milliseconds before the exact time of the keyframe.
Old 21st April 2003, 08:41   #257  |  Link
marnum
Danke Joerg!

@ karl
Have you got an idea what can cause dropped frames when the CPU is at 40%?
Old 21st April 2003, 14:45   #258  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

What's your computer?
Old 21st April 2003, 16:14   #259  |  Link
marnum
Danke Joerg!

It's a Siemens-Fujitsu Notebook

Athlon XP 2000+ Mobile
512 MB RAM (32 MB shared to graphics chip)
ATI IGP 320M Chipset with graphics chip built-in
60 GB HD
WinXP SP1
MediaPlayers: MPC 6.4 & RealOne, both drop frames, no matter what content or resolution the RV file has

As mentioned before, CPU usage during playback is ~40%. No other codec drops frames. I really got no clue what's wrong.

PS: What logfile shall I post?
Old 21st April 2003, 18:40   #260  |  Link
midiguy

Quote:
Originally posted by karl_lillevold
If it's jitter, we have signficantly improved this, and I may ask for some volunteers to PM me to alpha test a couple of DLLs.
hey, I would LOVE to alpha test some DLLs (I have a matrox g400, and have experienced jitter). When you say "significantly improved", is the jitter noticable anymore? why is there any jitter at all, when with other formats there is none? Was it a *bug* that was fixed, or did you guys just improve your renderer?

thanks!
midiguy is offline   Reply With Quote