Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th October 2012, 18:17   #1  |  Link
manniefresh91

Grotesque miniDV restoration

Hi there. I'm having major problems with this DV firewire capture of some home videos. For some reason, the noise on the video is much more than I had anticipated, and the chroma noise is almost unbearable. I've tried long enough to help myself and learn as much as I can about Avisynth usage, but I'm in need of help now.

I have used a combination of fft3d strictly for chroma noise removal and them temporaldegrain for removing some of the luma
noise. I'm keeping the video interlaced.

Quote:
Cnr2()
fft3dfilter(sigma=12.0, plane=3)
SetMTMode(2,2)
assumebff()
separatefields()
TemporalDegrain()
#Yadif(0,-1)
Weave()
I've uploaded a raw sample clip over here - http://www.mediafire.com/?k5bv18b15d1m8y8.

My main priority is to get rid of the chroma noise. I don't particularly mind the luma noise, but the end result on TV isn't that good. Another problem I've encountered is red bands on the edge of the headboard (rainbowing?) after I had removed an obscene amount of noise with some high strength fft3d chroma filtering. Sharpening is not also what I'm looking for, mainly going for smoothness and conformity of video.

Please post up your best efforts with a script - hopefully something not too plugin-laden. I don't have the most powerful of systems, but I don't really mind if I go down to 1fps. You can use bayfiles or mediafire to upload any subsequent clips.

PS if willing, you can go against my [ignorant] preferences and process the video as much as you want, so long as the output is what's most desirable.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited by manniefresh91; 25th October 2012 at 20:06.
manniefresh91 is offline   Reply With Quote