Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 24th January 2006, 21:18   #1  |  Link
Darksoul71
Can you blush ?

Darksoul71´s VCF2AVS revived !

Hi all,

1st of all sorry for removing my webpage where all my tools resided.

About three years ago I moved to a new appartment and switched from my lousy 56k dialup connection to DSL

Other provider = old homepage gone !

May be I´ll find some time and webspace to put everything back in place but for now I just would like to share with you my latest "tool".

Since half a year I´m developing a semi-automated solution to automate the editing and encoding process of my TV captures to DivX / MPEG2 / DVD.

For this I´m using AutoIt, a basic-like scripting language many of you might already know. Namely from all the AutoIt solutions surrounding DVD2SVCD (mDVD Auth, D2SRoba, etc).

It really sucked to do all steps like editing, cropping and resize by hand. So I decided to rebuilt two of my tools (FitDVD and VCF2AVS) in AutoIt.

As a spin-off I´ve re-done VCF2AVS in AutoIt (which is attached with source to this posting).

Using VCF2AVS is not a big deal:

1) Select your VCF file which keeps your cutting and cropping information
2) Select your AVISynth script to which you want to add the cutting / cropping information
3) Select if you want to use fading for the start, the end and the cutmarks in your movie

If you do not select an existing AVSynth script VCF2AVS generates an empty one and you can copy the relevant informations into your final encoding script.

I know that the usage for this tool is quite limited but I still use the combination of VirtualDub and AVISynth for all my TV captures. Only the frontend has changed.

Have fun,
D$

Edit:
I´ve changed the cropping code to "VirtualDub" style. Also VCF2AVS now add a comment line plus additional CR to avoid the problem described below.
Attached Files
File Type: zip vcf2avs.zip (115.9 KB, 1168 views)

Last edited by Darksoul71; 25th January 2006 at 22:22.
Darksoul71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2006, 08:57   #2  |  Link
ChiDragon

Sweet, thanks! I'll incorporate this into my own personal DGIndex/AviSynth/VDub AutoIt script, it's certainly a lot better than what I do now when I need to cut stuff. Two things, though. You should probably change your "FileWriteLine"s to "FileWrite"s, otherwise you'll have the new commands writing at the end of existing commands when the AVS doesn't end on a new line, like I did in testing this (i.e. "LanczosResize(640,480)Trim(0,1000)"). And secondly, why don't you use the "VirtualDub-style" Crop syntax instead: "Crop(clip clip, int left, int top, int -right, int -bottom)"

Last edited by ChiDragon; 25th January 2006 at 09:00.
ChiDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2006, 15:11   #3  |  Link
Darksoul71
Can you blush ?

Hi, ChiDragon

Thanks for your feedback ! Esp. for pointing out the VirtualDub-like syntax of "Crop".

Why didn´t I use this syntax ? Hm, simply because I wasn´t aware of this syntax
My VCF2AVS code is rather old (so am I ). I´ve coded the initial version of VCF2AVS several years ago (3-4 ?) when GordianKnot was the major tool for DVD encoding.

I´ll modify my code. I´ll also will modify the FileWriteLine stuff

@others: Sorry for OT...

@ ChiDragon:
Quote:
I'll incorporate this into my own personal DGIndex/AviSynth/VDub AutoIt script, it's certainly a lot better than what I do now when I need to cut stuff.
Hm, sounds interesting. Shall we "exchange" our code ?

I´ve coded four autoit apps so far:

1) Batchkomprezz: Allows semi-automated editing of AVI / MPEG captures with automatic VCF naming generation by using VDubMod plus "Mass encoding" to either MPEG2 / DVD or AVI (DivX). Also provides automated wrapping of MPEG2 captures by using DGIndex and AVISynth.

2) Komprezzor: Does automated conversion of MPEG2 / AVI to DivX AVI based on predefined templates (either 1-pass or 2-pass) with integrated automated cropping, denoise and resize.

3) Komprezz2MPEG: Does automated conversion of MPEG2 / AVI to DVD-compliant MPEG2 files with integrated automated cropping, denoise and resize. Does D2SRoBa similar encoding based on CCE 2.5 SP and EclCCE. Also automated generation of DVD images per one movie via DVDAuthor and MKISOFS is supported.

4) Not-named script which will fully automate menu generation and DVD mastering by controlling TMPEGEnc DVD Author. I´ve managed fully customizable menu generation with free definable chapter points, renaming of menu title (easy configurable for you favourite menu template) and starting ISO generation. The script "just" has a few problems to recognize the end of the ISO generation.

Once the DVD mastering script runs, I´ve planed to combine it with Komprezz2MPEG. You will be able to select let´s say four captured movies for which you already did your cutlists. Files are named as you wish them to appear within the menu. The script will let you select your four movies, asks for a few details such as output ISO name and menu title. After entering those informations you just click ok and a few hours later you´ll have a completely mastered DVD as ISO ready for burning.

I still need to dash out a few problems (esp. my Komprezzor script still has a few "problems" in terms of controlling VDubMod. Sometimes VDubMod stays open with no activities.). I´m confident that I´ll have all my scripts up and running perfectly within the next two month. May be I´ll release them for the public but currently I don´t have the time to write any setup / how2 document.

Let me know if you´re interested.

-D$
Old 26th January 2006, 08:26   #4  |  Link
ChiDragon

Well my script just has predefined variables for the various shows I encode, which it uses to run DGIndex, set up an AVS, and control VirtualDub and the XviD codec (cropping, audio amplification, bitrates, whether to use an IVTC or deinterlace, etc.). Then I just run it, click on the name of the show I'm encoding on the GUI, and select the files to encode (and then set up other things like cutting or manual IVTC when it comes up in the process). I also have a Delete button on the GUI for when I'm done to clean up all the little files like the demuxed audio, D2V, D2A, the generated AVS... It's all pretty specific to my particular setup and needs, so I'm not sure how useful it would be to you or anyone else.

Thanks for the offer on those scripts, but I think I have everything that I need right now in the way of my automated scripting. Cutting was the last thing I was sorta struggling with. I had a good method of using AutoIt to grab the values when you just select in and out points for what you want to keep, but for actual cutting of stuff like commercials I was using a really crappy method. But you solved my troubles with VCF2AVS.
ChiDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2006, 22:47   #5  |  Link
Darksoul71
Can you blush ?

Hi ChiDragon,

I agree with you ! I didn´t wanna enforce Script Exchange.

I´ve attached the latest version(s) of my scripts (including the DVD Author Script plus Ini-Files). My script depend on several tools in a specific folder structure but any1 with a certain knowledge of AutoIt should be able to read the source code.

Many of the included scripts are "work-in-progress" -> read: I´ve edited & modified but not fully tested them. The DVD Author thingie still needs a few hours work but works fine nevertheless.

Feel free to use those sources.....

-D$

P.S.: I mainly dislike releasing my stuff because of someone complaining that I didn´t include file A or B which isn´t GPL-compliant. So read the sources and you´ll find out how the script(s) work...

Edit:
May be I should add that "Komprezz2MPEG" is pretty similiar to the AVS2DVD stuff found here...
http://www.blainehelmick.com/AVS2DVD/
I´m aware that my implementation of CCE 2.5 with EclCCE is quite limited for my personal use but any1 with a certain level of knowledge should be able to modify the AutoIt script in order to use QuEnc, HCEnc or any other MPEG Encoder you can think of. Even implementing TMPEGEnc support with CQ search shouldn´t be so hard to do. I mean, it´s just a little bit about hacking textfiles, isn´t it ?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Komprezzor.zip (30.9 KB, 334 views)

Last edited by Darksoul71; 26th January 2006 at 23:12.
Old 2nd March 2006, 15:33   #6  |  Link
Ac3Dc3

hi there

i still have more reading to do on this tool, so this might have been covered..

but is there a tool like vcf2avs that works from the command line?
Ac3Dc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 16:03   #7  |  Link
Darksoul71
Can you blush ?

Well, not really but I code do a small modification in code to enable CLI processing. Not a big deal and only half an hour work.

Something like VCF2AVS.EXE C:\MyAVS.AVS C:\MyVCF.VCF

VCF2AVS could then just add the cutting and cropping info stored within the VCF to the AVS specified.

Would this be what you are looking for ?

-D$
Old 3rd March 2006, 18:46   #8  |  Link
Ac3Dc3

hmm actually im ok. others might find this useful to run from a batch script for example, but dont start coding on my account!

you included the source which was great, and i think itll just be quicker if implement this as a private function instead of starting a new process (probably safer)

but i read in another thread that you were exploring cutting audio too. did you get any further with that?
Ac3Dc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2006, 19:28   #9  |  Link
Darksoul71
Can you blush ?

@Ac3Dc3:
"Cutting" audio works already.
Just run AVS2WAV for the AVS you generated with cutmarks by using VCF2AVS and compress the Wave file afterwards with BeSweet. Easily batchable. Have a look in the "KomprezzPack" sources for more infos.

Best regards,
D$
Old 5th March 2006, 14:24   #10  |  Link
Darksoul71
Can you blush ?

CLI Support for VCF2AVS added...

Hi,

I´ve added multiple commandline switches to VCF2AVS:

AVS=C:\MyAVSFile.AVS
or
AVI=C:\MyAVIFile.AVI

If you use the AVI= parameter, VCF2AVS will generate a one-lined AVISynth script using AVISource. So for the AVI
command above a AVS file name C:\MyAVIFile.AVS would be generated with the following line in it:
AVISource("C:\MyAVIFile.AVI").

After the generation of the AVSFile VCF2AVS will add the cuting / Cropping stuff to this file.

VCF=C:\MyVCFFile.VCF
FADE=1 -> for enabling fade
FADE=0 -> for disabling fade

If you leave the FADE parameter out, VCF2AVS will enable fading by itself.

Post any thoughts, comments, questions in this thread...

Have a nice Sunday,
D$
Attached Files
File Type: zip vcf2avs.zip (116.7 KB, 504 views)
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:28   #11  |  Link
Darksoul71
Can you blush ?

Ooooooldskoool revived *ggg*

Gosh, am I really posting to a 3 (!) year old thread ?

Well, it seems so....

Because of a user request I´ve added a commandline parameter to vcf2avs which lets you specify the amount of frames used to fade. I´ve attached the latest version to this posting but also uploaded it here to megaupload.com:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VIOSB5ZB

Have fun.....

Cheers,
D$
Attached Files
File Type: zip VCF2AVS_AutoIt.zip (274.2 KB, 267 views)