Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 6th April 2004, 01:23   #1  |  Link
Zeul

NuMenu4u Scenarist Version

After what seems like weeks of heavy testing the latest incarnation of this project is now available for beta testing.

Note: at the present time only CCE 2.6+ is supported. Do not use 2.5
To use rejig copy into install dir.

Report bugs and suggestions to this post please, so that we can all benefit.

http://numenu4u.users.btopenworld.com/setup.exe

Thanks to the collaboration of D3s7 the scenarist control appears to be working well, an import text file will be created in the project folder. This is to assist in import fixing.

There has been a great deal of difficulty in getting the button contrast as close to the original as possible. Again offer your suggestions.

You will see from the import that the PGC's are recreated exactly in the Scenario, including all command structures. This is to assist in command bug fixing (there is no other way for me to tell that the button commands have been recreated exactly). You should find as near as possible that the menues will play in the scenario.

My main concern at this time is the actual button creation. Scenarist is very picky, and if the cell boundaries are off by even 1 frame the buttons may not actually be created in the output VOB, even though they are in the scenario. Another Scenarist quirk!

I have tested this with DIF4U and there seems to be no problems.

Zeul
Zeul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2004, 01:31   #2  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

I would like to be the first to say GREAT JOB!!

I know I've tested on 2 menu's so far that had been problems with other builds (Abyss SE and Xmen-2) and both work perfectly now.

Just for everyone elses knowledge as well... Rejig works but don't expect as much of a size savings as you'll get w/ CCE.

So far I've done most my menus at about 1400 w/ 4-5 passes and they look great.
D3s7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2004, 05:45   #3  |  Link
jel

i would also like to offer my congratulations!

all i can say is ...WOW!

the fact that you even attempted to reconfigure NUMenu4U to utilise Scenarist is a feat worthy of admiration. to actually pull it off ... well, i hope that you finally receive some due 'reward' for your effort.

and to all the developers of these fantastic programs that comprise 'the big 3' my deepest respect, for once again proving that, like Elvis, you are far from dead .... you had merely left the building to rewrite some code

rock on

j
jel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2004, 06:24   #4  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

Quote:
Originally posted by jel
all i can say is ...WOW!

rock on
i second that
Old 6th April 2004, 09:17   #5  |  Link
Eyes`Only
Dizzin It Fizzast Fo Yizz

You know, I just talked with Elvis (he hangs out with us while we write code) and he wasn't too keen on being lumped in with the Big3 programmers, but due to fact that Big3 is making it big in Memphis, he says he can overlook it...

Great job, Zeul! Can't wait to try Finding Nemo again and see the difference!
•DVD2AVIdg useable by ReAuthorist •Bitrate control for use with NuMenu4U •Extras Bitrate applied to smaller PGCs in Main VTS •ScenAid integration •Right-Click Menus •Minimize to Systray •Improved Deinterlace Scripts
See: http://www.doitfast4u.com.

Use the donation link on the above URL or the app itself to make a $15+ donation and join the VIP list today!
Eyes`Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2004, 11:22   #6  |  Link
jel

hey zuel,
received a "runtime error 13, type mismatch" on a menu during script writing/importing.
i will email you the log and .scp file if you like.
cheers
j
jel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2004, 11:33   #7  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

Running it at the moment on a dvd with a 1GB viedo_ts.von and 660 MB main menu. So I'm curious about the results (this is a title which the old numenu couldn't handle, so that will be interesting).

I can't help but noticing that although I set the bitrate to be 2100, cce runs at an average of 1000

But Zeul: very nice work so far, two tumbs up here.

ps: I wonder who's more pleased that it's reaching the final stage your wife or us

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.
influenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2004, 13:30   #8  |  Link
wmansir

I received an error message:

Scenarist Version has encountered an error:
AppName: numenu4u.exe AppVer: 1.4.0.2 ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.1106 Offset: 00013887

This was at some point near the end of the process I believe because the new menu VOB was constructed in the VIDEO_TS folder. I checked the output and it appears to be mostly constructed or even completely done, but some of the buttons are off (point to wrong sub-menu). I wasn't at the PC so I can't tell you exactly when it failed.

I also noticed from the Scenarist import log that it appears NuMenu is using version 3.0 (I also have 2.7 installed) I know it has problems importing scripts so I will remove it and try again with 2.7.
wmansir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2004, 14:37   #9  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

ok here we go:

Error VTS "VTS_1" title does not have any tracks.
Error "Cell: "VTS_1_Title_1_PGC_1_PG_1_"PGC:<VTS_1_Title_1_PGC_1> (Title:<VTS_1_Title_1> VTS:<VTS_1>) " does not have a scene. (Dummy Cell)

repeated a lot of times.

Error "Cell: "VTS_11_Title_3_PGC_3_PG_1_1"PGC:<VTS_11_Title_3_PGC_3> (Title:<VTS_11_Title_3> VTS:<VTS_11>) " does not have a scene. (Dummy Cell)
Error PreCheck From DB failed.
Error DVD Video files could not be created

And a lot of import warnings:
Warning Referenced Data "VTS_11_039_t_scn_1" not found.
Info Restoring Link "VTS_11_039_t_scn_2_cell" to "VTS_11_039_t_scn_2"

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.

Last edited by influenza; 6th April 2004 at 14:49.
Old 6th April 2004, 17:29   #10  |  Link
Master Yoda

I would give it a try, but i only have cce 2.5
Master Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2004, 19:38   #11  |  Link
Zeul

@inf
my wife was pleased until all these errors
Old 6th April 2004, 20:14   #12  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

Probably my bad as I didn't use the latest version. Tell your wife I'm sorry :P

Running it again with the latest version

Old 6th April 2004, 21:26   #13  |  Link
RB
Retired

Wow. Zeul, this is incredible. I think you're babbling about buttons and highlight when you're asleep now, right?

OK, tested it with "Die Another Day" PAL R2. First got bitten by a bug in DVD2AVIdg (actually, also older versions are affected). It would crash when processing VobId 9. I identified the bug and fixed it, download fixed version. See also here.

Then everything basically went without a single glitch (I have some comments below, though). The generated script was imported by Scenarist 3.0 without errors or warnings. The scenario made my head spin , absolutely amazing.

After compiling and testing in WinDVD, I got past the language selection menu which worked fine but the main menu did not. It looked OK but no active buttons. Basically I had to edit the script to remove two subpictures, set two other ones to "no Stop" and fix their duration as well as the duration of the highlight layer. I had to do this in two tracks (the English and German main menu track), import again, compile and it worked. Maybe pictures explain it better, I'm happy to send the scripts:

Before:

After:

The short (1 sec.) subs in the third scene made the highligh layer "jump back" into that scene (the start time of the highlight layer was correctly set to the start time of the last scene in the script). I removed these subs in the script and also removed the display stop from the subs in the last scene, extended their duration and the duration of the highlight layer (original 00:00:03;01) to the scene duration (00:00:51;15). That fixed it. Maybe you should have a sanity check in that a scene (cell) with highlight and buttons cannot have a sub with stop and that the sub/highlight duration must be equal to the scene duration. Also it looks like forced subs "inbetween highlights" confuse Scenarist.

The complete menu seemd to work fine, although I haven't tested with the reauthored movie yet. I don't think I need a separate script for this anymore, just replace the dummies, right?

About colors and contrast: almost like in the original, but button outlines looked a little "grainy" and not as smooth as in the original. It looks like you are trying to replicate the original palette in Scenarist. Maybe a better way is to leave the original palette in the IFO alone and simply specify the original color and contrast indexes in the .SST. See this thread.

About CCE settings: I would suggest to not make use of the filters, they usually make the picture look worse. I would also suggest a setting for Quality Precision and GOP size. Another thing was that although I checked "Scanning Order: Alternate" in NuMenu4U, the ECLs were set up for ZigZag (alternate_scan=0). The DVD2AVI version posted above creates a log file with stream statistics (pretty much self explanatory IMHO) that you could examine to find the correct CCE settings and the correct setting for the interlaced parameter of ConvertToYUY2().

Some small bugs: although I cleared everything in AviSynth setup except for ConvertToYUY2 and AddAudio in "Footer", it still added the LoadPlugin for decomb.dll and FieldDeinterlace() to all AVS scripts. Also when you clear the "Mpeg2 Source Switches", it still adds a trailing comma after the D2V path to the Mpeg2Source() statement, causing a script error. "Pause for Script Verification" doesn't stick in the settings, it's reset with every program run.

What do you use for audio delay correction? I know BeSweet has issues, jsoto's open source delay corrector works very well for me.

Keep up the good work!
RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2004, 21:40   #14  |  Link
Zeul

thanks for the valuable input, the scripts would be useful

see pm
Zeul

Last edited by Zeul; 6th April 2004 at 21:44.
Old 6th April 2004, 22:12   #15  |  Link
RB
Retired

You've got mail.

EDIT: You should upgrade the included EclCCE to v1.8b, it allows CCE to be run minimized (just run EclCCE.exe minimized).

Last edited by RB; 6th April 2004 at 22:18.
Old 7th April 2004, 01:55   #16  |  Link
Zeul

Updated version:

eroneous subs are not now imported
avs scripts correctly imported
deinterlace option now available
corrected chapter points with ntsc projects
corrected zigzag and alternate scan
pause for script now saved
added debug.dll (thanks to D3s7)
ecl upgraded to 1.8b
added option to minimize cce to system tray
corrected <0.4s scene errors in script

haven't been able to replicate the runtime errors so the new debug info will help.

Zeul
Old 7th April 2004, 05:23   #17  |  Link
hendrix
Technicolor Japan

i notice whenever i choose dvd2avidg the header still points to
MPEG2Dec3.dll vice mpeg2dec3dg.dll - is that a normal...ive been changing the scripts to point to mpeg2dec3dg.dll.
hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2004, 07:53   #18  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

I think I'm suffering form a wrong integration with dif4u. My menu ended up no bit smaller than the original.

Don't know what happened cause I was sleeping but I think that numenu runs and that dif4u just copies over the menu files anyway.

Old 7th April 2004, 13:24   #19  |  Link
RB
Retired

OK, tried again with the new version. Now the problematic tracks look like this:

The subs in the last scene are still wrong, their length should be equal to the scene duration (no Stop), same for the highlight layer. I do have the buttons in this menu now, but they won't highlight anymore after some seconds, of course.

The issue with FieldDeinterlace() added to the AVS scripts no matter what is fixed. Alternate scan and pause for script verification is fixed too, but just noticed that "Copy Remaining Menu Files" setting isn't saved.

EDIT: during CCE encoding, my taskbar is locked at times (Windows XP). Clicking something in the taskbar/tray doesn't do anything, eventually things will pop up all of a sudden some time later.

Thanks!

Last edited by RB; 7th April 2004 at 13:28.
Old 7th April 2004, 17:27   #20  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

i redid a few menus with no probs.. with matrix 1 R1 im getting this

Number: 9
Description: Subscript out of range

EXE Name: NuMenu4U
EXE Path: C:\Program Files\NuMenu4U
EXE Version: Version 1.4.2

Call Stack (lowest level first)

CELL_ID::Item (line 5)

right at this point
Code:
Processing Subpicture SST Files...
if i dismiss the error dialogue it continues to cce encoding...

this is with the last version posted