Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th November 2004, 15:13   #1  |  Link
lancer

wav to dolby 2.0 encode question

I'm going to have a crack at extracting my original wav recording and turn it into a 5.1 or at least a surround track in vegas.

I've seen the guides on the forum here but a question occured to me.

when I originally recorded the sound in virtualdub_sync, I recorded it as a straight 48khz 16 bit stereo wav file. as per the offered choices on vdub.

at the time I ignored all other options, but looking at vdub today, (two years after the capture was made)I notice further down now that there is the option for PCM. as I recorded wav stereo, would this suggest that there is nothing for me to extract to make it a surround track, or would it still be embedded in there somewhere?

when I pipe it through my speakers and select and surround 2.0 dolby pro logic I do get some rear surrounds. is that the PCM at work? am I right in assuming that PCM info is embedded in stereo tracks or would I have to rerecord the audio?