Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > DV

Old 25th May 2005, 22:10   #1  |  Link
ou8thisSN

Doom9 DV to DVD guide for CCE doesnt work. I am so screwed...

Hi, I tried to use the DV to DVD guide posted both here and at:

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/dv/guide.html

but they dont work!

All I am trying to do is transfer some home videos off a Sony Digital Handycam (DCR-TRV103NTSC) onto a DVD-R.

I followed all the steps explicitly. I was able to extract the video into my computer using WinDV. I edited and compiled an AVI file in Adobe Primiere 6 and separated the audio using AC3Machine.

Then I got stuck, under the section: 3.1.1 Create an AviSynth script

I want to encode this with CCE version 2.67SP. I was told the video from the camcorder was interlaced, so I made a notepad avisynth file that says:

AviSource("E:\SWD_tape1\CCE Product\ActualTest.avi")
ReInterpolate411() <---this function was recommended to be added in the guide
SeparateFields()
odd=SelectOdd.Convolution3D(1, 6, 10, 6, 8, 2.8, 0)
evn=SelectEven.Convolution3D(1, 6, 10, 6, 8, 2.8, 0)
Interleave(evn,odd)
Weave()
DoubleWeave.SelectOdd()

After this script, it doesnt work. I downloaded VirtualDub and loaded the AVS file and it says that the ReInterpolate411() function and Convolution3d dont exist and it is a script error.

I am completely stumped. I got Avisynth_255.exe from the top of the guide page. Am I supposed to write these functions myself??? where do i get them from or what have i done wrong here??

Please, if you can, give me some idea. I tried to read some of the topics here, but the subject matter is way over my head. if you guys can help i'll be extremely greatful.

Thanks a lot.
ou8thisSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2005, 23:08   #2  |  Link
communist

Convolution3D and Reinterpolate411 are external plugins - they do not come with AviSynth.
You can either comment those lines out (just put a # in front of them) or download the required plugins.
Reinterpolate411 http://mywebpages.comcast.net/trbarry/downloads.htm

Convolution3D http://www.avisynth.org/warpenterprises/

You can put them into your \AviSynth 2.5\plugins directory and have them automatically loaded when required in a script or add a manual load-command (LoadPlugin("c:\uvw\xyz.dll")) if they're located somewhere else.

For more information on how to use AviSynth refer to the AviSynth website.
communist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2005, 23:28   #3  |  Link
ou8thisSN

OK I downloaded all the plug-ins and now there's a new error in vdub:

Convolution3d supports YUY1 color only.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
all the video thats recorded on the camcorder is in 4:3 aspect ratio. I want the final product to be 16:9. I want to crop the top and bottom to fit a wide screen display. someone gave me the command for that to do in avisynth. Can you tell me if this script is right and proper?

AviSource("C:\MyDVFiles\DV_type2_file.avi")
Crop(0,60,0,-60)
SeparateFields()
bicubicresize(720,240)
AviSource("C:\MyDVFiles\DV_type2_file.avi")
ReInterpolate411()
SeparateFields()
odd=SelectOdd.Convolution3D(1, 6, 10, 6, 8, 2.8, 0)
evn=SelectEven.Convolution3D(1, 6, 10, 6, 8, 2.8, 0)
Interleave(evn,odd)
Weave()
DoubleWeave.SelectOdd()

also: how do you know if the avi file is type 1 or type 2?

in the guide it says:
This way each field will be filtered separately, thus the interlaced structure will be preserved. Replace AviSource with DirectShowSource like above if your DV AVI is type-1.

I loaded the file both in Adobe Primiere 6.0 and VirtualDub, it doesnt say whether the video is type 1 or type 2. There was no option to save it in type 1 or 2 either.

Last edited by ou8thisSN; 26th May 2005 at 00:12.
Old 26th May 2005, 09:26   #4  |  Link
bb

Quote:
Originally posted by ou8thisSN
OK I downloaded all the plug-ins and now there's a new error in vdub:

Convolution3d supports YUY1 color only.
Is that the error message you get? Strange - it should say "YUY2" or "YV12"...

Maybe I missed it, but it seems like you didn't tell us whether your DV is NTSC or PAL. So let's assume it's NTSC - else Reinterpolate411 would make no sense.

Regarding type-1 vs. type-2: I'm pretty certain that Premiere 6 can export to both formats. If you can open your AVI in AviSynth using AviSource, then it should be type-2; if you need DirectShowSource, then it should be type-1. DV type-2 files are ~5% larger than their type-1 counterparts, because they contain the audio twice. There are free converters available, see the "Links" sticky.

Regarding Convolution3D: as you can see in WarpEnterprise's list there are two versions for AviSynth 2.5, one for YUY2 colorspace, and one for YV12. I recommend to use the YUY2 version.

bb
bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2005, 16:58   #5  |  Link
ou8thisSN

I'm so sorry about that, it says it doesnt support YUY2. and the video is NTSC.

There are two zip files on that website:

convolution3d_25_dll_20030422
convolution3dyv12_25_dll_20030329

i didnt know, so i downloaded and installed both. I am assuming the top one supports YUY2, because the bottom specifically says yv12.

EDIT:
Okay i had cross-posted this topic in the Avisynth usage forum and they suggested adding the line Converttoyvy2() after avisource.

when that was added, now the script works fine in vdub.

also, I made two new scripts, one entitled DirectShowSource() and one AviSource()

each only had an address to where my file was being stored and BOTH OPENED THE FILE.

lol, so what does that mean? i still dont know if its type 1 or type 2.

Last edited by ou8thisSN; 26th May 2005 at 17:43.