Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 21st December 2015, 23:28   #1  |  Link
VideoFanatic

McTemporalDenoise & QTGMC MT Crashes

Recently when I use McTemporalDenoise & QTGMC in multi-threaded the videos start to encode fine then after 30 mins or so the time remaining goes up and FPS gradually goes down. CPU usage is zero so basically it crashes without actually crashing!

Here's my script. Note that the problem also happens when just using McTemporalDenoise on it's own:

Code:
setmtmode(5,6)
DGSource("M:\Video.dgi")
setmtmode(2)
McTemporalDenoise(settings="medium", interlaced=true)
AssumeTFF() 
QTGMC(Preset="Super Fast") 
SeparateFields() SelectEvery(4,0,3) Weave()
I can't encode 2 videos at once in non-MT as it would be too slow. The only time I can do that is when using McTemporalDenoise Low and it doesn't crash when I do that.

I encoded many videos in the past on my current PC without problems, I'd encode a few videos per day and maybe 1 video a week would crash but it would literally crash the program, it wouldn't just start to encode slowly. So I don't know why it's "crashing" all the time now.

I have Avisynth 2.58 + 2.60 MT installed. I tried installing the lastest version but it made no difference. I've even restored a Macrium Reflect backup image of my C drive from when everything was working fine and the issue still remains. I have a Core i7 2700K which has 8 cores including virtual cores.

Could someone who has this working please give me a copy of their plugins, etc so I can see if that fixes it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Last edited by VideoFanatic; 22nd December 2015 at 02:16.
VideoFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 08:21   #2  |  Link
hello_hello

As you probably know I don't have an answer but for running two non-MT encodes at once have you tried MP_Pipeline?

Sometimes, for reasons I don't understand, using MP_Pipeline can prevent the slowdown, but in the case of single threaded encoding it might also help speed it up.
I can't run two single threaded MP_Pipeline encodes simultaneously as I'm still running XP and I literally run out of RAM, but for me a single encode is often faster and if you have enough RAM simultaneous encodes should be faster too.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 16:14   #3  |  Link
VideoFanatic

Thanks. I tried MP Pipeline and I couldn't get it to work. Is there fullproof instructions somewhere?
VideoFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote