Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16th June 2012, 01:18   #13321  |  Link
Andy o

If the aliasing is caused by the display's pixels, how can it be more visible if the pixels are smaller? That's what I'm saying. I'm not saying that in your case the aliasing is not more visible, just that it might be caused by something else.

Also, "retina" is not "nothing" more than a high PPI screen. Its meaning is that the pixels are fine enough that the eye won't see them.

Last edited by Andy o; 16th June 2012 at 01:38.
Andy o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2012, 13:24   #13322  |  Link
namaiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-t172 View Post
A word a caution: make sure the display doesn't lie to you. For example I can send my laptop's screen basically anything from 30 Hz to 80 Hz or so, but its actual refresh rate is still 60 Hz and it's dropping/duplicating frames internally to compensate. Suffice to say, the result is pretty much unwatchable.
Thank you for the notice. Most unfortunately for me, my 47" LCD TV (connected via VGA port :P) does this frame dropping/duplicating thing, so I have resort to using my laptop's tiny 13" screen which can do 48/72Hz.
namaiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2012, 16:29   #13323  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Hey, it was discussed some time ago and someone find out that madvr is incompatible with VirtuMVP. Does anything changed about it so far?
(the point is to use madvr on virtualized intel integrated graphics without extending desktop to it or connecting any display at all)

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 16th June 2012 at 18:46.
Keiyakusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2012, 18:50   #13324  |  Link
aufkrawall

Unfortunately, no.
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2012, 07:22   #13325  |  Link
ajp_anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
I don't think there is any LCD panel that can do native 24/48p.
My old white 15-inch Macbook does 48Hz perfectly. It also accepts 24Hz, but for some reason it adds some white noise.
In 48Hz it's so smooth I can't believe I'm watching 24fps-movies on it. After years of wathing them on 60Hz panels I've come to believe 24Hz is just too little to be smooth.
Not to mention pretty much every TV does 24Hz, and most of them are LCD.

Last edited by ajp_anton; 17th June 2012 at 07:25.
ajp_anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2012, 14:10   #13326  |  Link
Fandango

Anybody knows something about madshi? (i follow this and LAV filters thread only)
Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2012, 14:15   #13327  |  Link
kalston

IIRC he said he was working on a commercial project or something and thus wouldn't be able to work on madVR for a while.
kalston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2012, 21:19   #13328  |  Link
Gaius

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalston View Post
IIRC he said he was working on a commercial project or something and thus wouldn't be able to work on madVR for a while.
Good for him.
Gaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 05:24   #13329  |  Link
dansrfe

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
Good for him.
lol..
dansrfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 16:48   #13330  |  Link
Yankun
10-bit lover

Quote:
I miss some updates though, the current version has been for 2-3 months maybe? I don't really remember.

Just a quick question, I know madshi has probably replied this already, but I've made a lot of search and I still don't quite get this. It's about queue in madVR (GPU & CPU).

What I know until now is that queue determines how much madVR will push your CPU/GPU for performance, I've been using the default settings on my Intel GMA 4500 and I want to know if I should lower the numbers or increase them in the configurations settings (for better performance), any help is appreciated.

I'm not native speaker so my English may seem "broken", sorry for that.
Yankun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 17:08   #13331  |  Link
namaiki

For me on my laptop with Intel HD graphics, I lowered the GPU queue to the lowest and also set to disable Aero in fullscreen.

Not sure which scalers you can use with that older Intel GPU. What resolution is your screen and what resolution and frame rate are your videos?
namaiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 19:07   #13332  |  Link
ikarad

Quote:
Fixed Single-GPU Issues

Media Player Classic Home Cinema displays a black screen during playback when using the MadVR video renderer.
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/art...vers-released/
ikarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 20:12   #13333  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

What? Never got any black screens except when i'm trying to use it under VitruMVP, but this cant be it, right? However will be cool if someone can verify. I don't feel like trying beta drivers
Keiyakusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 22:04   #13334  |  Link
aufkrawall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
What? Never got any black screens except when i'm trying to use it under VitruMVP, but this cant be it, right? However will be cool if someone can verify. I don't feel like trying beta drivers
It was already fixed with the latest WHQL driver.
I don't know why they are mentioning it now, but at least they do and fixed it.
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 08:03   #13335  |  Link
Coldblackice

I have some videos that are blatantly interlaced, yet no matter what manner of configurations I try to get madVR to deinterlace, it just won't do it. I've tried all manner of configurations between madVR and Catalyst Control deinterlace settings.

After checking the OSD of the playing clip, it says "deinterlacing off (says bitsream)". With my lacking knowledge in the process of interlace-detection, I assumed that to mean that there's some type of flag embedded in the video clip that's telling madVR that it absolutely doesn't need deinterlacing. Thus, the detection algorithm isn't even being activated (which it would surely see that there's need to deinterlace).

I opened up the video's properties in MPC, and sure enough, the scan type for the clip is set to "Progressive". I'm guessing that this is the reason why no deinterlacing is being performed? When I open the clip in VLC and force deinterlacing, the clip looks perfect.

Question -- Is it possible for me to somehow access and edit the clip's setting/flag to change it away from Progressive to Interlaced? And if that's not possible, is there some way to get madVR to ignore the flag/bitsetting for clips?

Obviously, I'd prefer if I could change the clip's flag, so as to not have to manually twist madVR's arm to deinterlace specific clips. Surely there must be a way?

Thanks!
Coldblackice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 08:52   #13336  |  Link
Andy o

You can force deinterlacing on/off with CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+D. I thought adding something to the file name like 59i or 29i would force deinterlacing, but it seems that's not working (24i works though, but it also forces IVTC). I don't know if 59i not working is by design, or maybe madshi forgot to implement it.
Old 19th June 2012, 08:57   #13337  |  Link
Andy o

hmm now I realize there's no difference between 24p and 24i.
Old 19th June 2012, 09:43   #13338  |  Link
Coldblackice

Shoot. Well, as the interlace flag in the mkv file was set to 0, I used mkvpropedit to set it to 1. But it still shows "deinterlace off (says bitsream)" while playing. And in the properties, it still shows the Scan Type as Progressive. I fear that the only way is to somehow re-encode, and at a (likely) hefty quality cost
Coldblackice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 10:31   #13339  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

If the bitstream is encoded as progressive, you can't easily change that without re-encoding.
Like Andy said, what you can do is hit ctrl-alt-shift-D to force deinterlacing of a specific clip during playback.
Old 19th June 2012, 19:44   #13340  |  Link
mzso

Hello!
I recently switched from madVR because of problems I found no solutions to.
And to my surprise the seeking behaviour changed. Until now I thought its determined by the splitter or decoder. (Which would be LAV)
Anyway now the AV gets desynced and then the video speeds up, instead of halted playback until the video gets decoded. Anyway to get the former seeking behaviour with EVR?
mzso is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling