Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 26th June 2006, 16:55   #261  |  Link
Oldeman

Quote:
A VERY small suggestion, if I may - Please include the version number in the filename...
excellant idea...
Oldeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2006, 17:23   #262  |  Link
selyb

Feature Request:
1. Right Click menu for text boxes on the command editor

2. option to have virtual remote controls on preview window

3. some while back, i had requested the ability to use Enter key on the command editor to do the same as hitting the OK button
it was implemented but it isnt implemented now
was it taken out purposely?
selyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2006, 22:29   #263  |  Link
Video Dude

The version number is in the file name if you download from r0lz's version section on his site:
http://www.videohelp.com/~r0lZ/pgcedit/versions/
Video Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2006, 22:45   #264  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

I'd be against version numbers in file names, too. I would think that most people just "install over" the old version and this is very convenient. And yes, you can always get access to the old versions on the server.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2006, 23:01   #265  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyb
Feature Request:
1. Right Click menu for text boxes on the command editor
There is already a "B" button to enter a button number, and you can enter a language code by prefixing it with an apostrophe, like: 'en
BTW, in almost all numeric fields, it is also possible to enter an hex number (0xFF), and even an octal number (077).

Quote:
2. option to have virtual remote controls on preview window
Due to the way the preview is implemented and interacts with the main Tcl/Tk program, it's currently impossible. Sorry.

Quote:
3. some while back, i had requested the ability to use Enter key on the command editor to do the same as hitting the OK button
it was implemented but it isnt implemented now
was it taken out purposely?
I can't use the return key to accept the command editor because Return is already used to validate the hex field. But you can type CTRL-Enter instead. It's the same as clicking OK.

Last edited by r0lZ; 26th June 2006 at 23:07.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2006, 23:05   #266  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Indeed, it is possible to download an archive (including the current release) with the version number in the filename from the "all versions" folder.
Old 26th June 2006, 23:29   #267  |  Link
setarip_old

Quote:
Indeed, it is possible to download an archive (including the current release) with the version number in the filename from the "all versions" folder.
Let's just say that this option is not as apparent as all of the other listings (that don't reflect the version number in their names) that appear before it on your "Downloads" page - but thanks to both you and "Video Dude" for pointing that out ;>}
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2006, 01:17   #268  |  Link
dirio49
JuSt a PoWer uSEr

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutach
I'd be against version numbers in file names, too. I would think that most people just "install over" the old version and this is very convenient. And yes, you can always get access to the old versions on the server.

Regards
I agree, it makes it easier to install.
Old 27th June 2006, 06:30   #269  |  Link
President

To r0lZ.

May I ask you? I understand, that is a very big work, but it is a very good and necessary possibility (now I forced to use a DVDRemake for this. Stupid program). May be in future... Did you make a more powerful editor for add (before/after current) and delete any dummy PGC's, not for last only? Thanks.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2006, 10:55   #270  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Well, inserting, deleting or moving a PGC at any place is easy to do.
The difficult part is to fix the navigation commands. That's not as easy as it sounds. For example, when a PGC is deleted, what should I do with the commands pointing to it?
Also, the advantage is not obvious. It is already possible to create a PGC. It doesn't need to be at a specific position to be used.

Anyway, it's something I would like to do. It's on my ToDo list for a while... but there is always something more important to do first.
Old 27th June 2006, 11:45   #271  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

I find the unused dummies in the middle of a domain to be just a little irritant. But they do no harm and take up little space. Why bother?

Advanced error checking is my major wish list item, as you know r0lZ

Regards

Old 27th June 2006, 12:37   #272  |  Link
President

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ
Well, inserting, deleting or moving a PGC at any place is easy to do.
Thanks. May I hope?:-)
Quote:
The difficult part is to fix the navigation commands. That's not as easy as it sounds. For example, when a PGC is deleted, what should I do with the commands pointing to it?
If a last PGC is deleting, then what are you doing with links to it now? Nothing. Nothing to fix. Most of all operations in PGCEdit may be make a broken DVD. PGCEdit is program not for lamers. Users must have a some experience and to understand what are they doing:-).
BTW, a DVD Remake fix it automatically. And that feature is impossible to off in DVD Remake. After this, a jump, call and other links (frequently) pointing to a PGC with zero number!!!
Please leave this fix to user. May be include that as menu item in expert mode? Default is off (nothing differences with current mode). Who need it - switch on, like automatically fix goto links within one PGC now.

PS. I agree with blutach. I don't like a DVD with trash PGC. Do you remember a last ifo's, which I sent to you? Near 140 PGC in one VTS!!! I will never believe, that all of it used in DVD.

Edited:
Once more idea: may be make that feature as a plugin?

Last edited by President; 27th June 2006 at 12:48.
Old 27th June 2006, 15:57   #273  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by President
If a last PGC is deleting, then what are you doing with links to it now? Nothing. Nothing to fix.
That's right, but in this case, it's easy to locate the commands jumping to nowhere and to fix them manually. But if a PGC is deleted in the middle, the next PGCs will be shifted down, and the jumps will still be valid. It will be mode difficult to fix them. And you will have to fix the jumps to the following PGCs, too. IMO, PgcEdit should do the fixes itself, like with the Remap Titleset function, but as I said, it's not easy.

But maybe I'll do a basic function to delete or move a PGC without fixing the navigation. As a plugin, yes, it's a good idea. But don't expect it soon. It's the summer, and I am currently in lazy mode!
Old 27th June 2006, 16:54   #274  |  Link
AlienX69
Interstellar Traveler

Quote:
It's the summer, and I am currently in lazy mode!
Good for you , I'm in that mode too, grab some brewskies and go lay out at the pool every day now that summer is here ......
AlienX69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 05:48   #275  |  Link
President

Quote:
But maybe I'll do a basic function to delete or move a PGC without fixing the navigation. As a plugin, yes, it's a good idea. But don't expect it soon. It's the summer, and I am currently in lazy mode!
:-). Don't hurry. Be resting. Many, many, many thahk's!! As always. You made a big work already. PGC Edit is too too good program now:-). For free soft.

I will be wait you at September, 1:-))).

Last edited by President; 29th June 2006 at 06:01.
Old 29th June 2006, 07:32   #276  |  Link
bigotti5
Spielberger

In according to this post I made a DVD to check SPRM7 in case of multi-pgc titles.

It seems that there are players with troubles if there is a JumpVTS_PTT command greater than 255 so it is checked too.

jump to PTT>255 should show colorbars for a few seconds and then a table jump to PTT>255 successful

read sprm7 from player should show colorbars for a few seconds and then a table with the result

SPRM7=0
or
SPRM7=1
or
SPRM7=258
or
SPRM7=other

some results

WinDVD, PowerDVD, Nero Showtime -> 258
Marks Tray Player, Sonic Preplay, Ravisent Cinemaster, Scenarist Simulation -> 1
Cyberhome 505, Pioneer DV-444, Pioneer DV-668 -> 1
Muvid DVD-205, Easy ET 602, S.E.G. Hollywood 2 -> 258
NAD T524, Panasonic DMR E 100 H, Cyberhome CH-DVD-402 -> other

Download Test-DVD

Last edited by bigotti5; 29th June 2006 at 07:34.
bigotti5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 10:42   #277  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

See also this thread, with the results of the SPRM 7 test I did in the past.

You can download my SPRM 7 test DVD on the PgcEdit homepage: TEST_SPRM_7_PAL.zip, TEST_SPRM_7_NTSC.zip.
Old 30th June 2006, 15:06   #278  |  Link
sendithere

7.* bug?

Hi r0lZ,

I was trying to send you email, but got no reply. First of all - thanks a lot for such a great tool, I'm still new to it, but the more I use it - more I like it I think I found a bug - I was going after http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...07&postcount=1 and I can do #1-4, but #5 is all gray. I downloaded older version 6.3.1 and it works just fine. It looks like this was broken in release 7 - I tried another build (7.1.2 I think) - no luck also...

If needed - I can email you IFO files, but it's not working for at least 3 DVDs, so I guess it has nothing to do with files...
Thanks a lot and hope this helps...
sendithere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2006, 19:41   #279  |  Link
bigotti5
Spielberger

Quote:
I think I found a bug - I was going after http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...07&postcount=1 and I can do #1-4, but #5 is all gray
No bug - r0lZ changed this because these attributes are valid for the whole domain

If you wanna change it click "Domain - Domain stream attributes" from main menu bar

@r0lZ

To the validity of SPRM_7 I found this in US Patent 6370322

Last edited by bigotti5; 30th June 2006 at 19:58.
bigotti5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 02:30   #280  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

@senditthere - I am afraid you can blame me for asking for this enhancement from r0lZ. I was finding it strange to change 1 PGC when the attributes were for the whole domain. But now, it is very easy to remove from all PGCs as bigotti mentioned.

If you have removed a stream from 1 PGC but left it in others in the same domain, then this enhancement prevents you from taking it out of the PGC (where it does no harm to sit as a placeholder - except that you need to click the remote a bit more to cycle through the streams).

Regards