Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 31st March 2009, 23:08   #1801  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Tomorrow I'll add options to personalize XMB language tags:

Chapter selection (Title X/Y)
Video (fps)
Audio (ch)
Subtitles (track(s))
Duration: (h/m/s)

It will allow you to make XMB show all texts in your native/preferred language.

Dean
Old 31st March 2009, 23:10   #1802  |  Link
herrde

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
I know it is a setback but when I get the time I'll try to process tools output (x264/tsmuxer) and 'listen' for their error messages.

Also, can you do another test, but use CUT END 13380?
Sorry deank, I have already deleted the original MKV after I finally found a way to solve the problem:

After I tried some back and forth demuxing and remuxing with different interim files and streams which I then processed with multiAVCHD without avail, I (more or less accidentally) did one final remux run with mkv2vob in AVCHD-USB mode - and the program said "Completed" and not "Muxing Failed" like it always said when I tried AVCHD-Disc mode.

The output of mkv2vob played perfectly from my USB hard drive on the PS3 (I tried the same with multiAVCHD earlier, but to no avail). Then I used AVCHDManager to revert the files back to BD format (by using "Undo AVCHDme") and burned them to a BD-R - et voilą, I was finally there.

But to be honest, I still don't know what's going on here. Why was mkv2vob able to mux the MKV in AVCHD-USB mode but not in AVCHD-Disc mode? Why did multiAVCHD fail in both modes? Both programs are using tsmuxer!
Also, I watched the spawning tsmuxer window closely when I tried with multiAVCHD - no sign of any error, it always completed ok, but the output neither played from my USB hard disk, nor when burned to a BD-R. The only way I could get it to work was when I used mkv2vob in AVCHD-USB mode (as said above)!

Why did you want me to set "Cut end" to 13380 ? Does "13380" have a special meaning here?

I would be very happy if you or anyone else could investigate this strange problem further! This is the first time that I ran into this problem, but I'm quite sure that I won't be the only one - nor do I think that this was the last time I get this error!

Thanks anyway deank for your help!

Best,

Gero
herrde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 23:20   #1803  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I suggested 13380 because I noticed your (mediainfo reported) audio and video duration lenght difference and I picked the shorter one.

mkv2vob is aimed for PS3, but multiAVHD is not. I try to make its output compatible to as many SAP players as possible.

I never used mkv2vob (and I'll never will - the author never credited me for the GREEN BAR REMOVAL for PS3 (as in your 1920x800 case) for non-compliant resolutions and I can make my own programs, too) so I can't comment what it is doing to make your file playable. If you ask me - it is just another badly muxed MKV.
Old 1st April 2009, 01:13   #1804  |  Link
herrde

Oh, don't get me wrong here - multiAVCHD is obviously a WAY better program than mkv2vob which is not very flexible at all. And it was for sure a great achievement to remove the green bar - especially for me as I use non-compliant resolutions very often!

Speaking of which - do you see any chance to be able to center the video sometime in the future? I read elsewhere (or was it even yourself who said that?) that it could be possible by using a "trick" - the picture-in-picture ability of the Blu-ray specifications...

That would be a huge step forward for your already brilliant piece of software!

All the best for your future work and again a big thank you for helping me!

Gero
herrde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 02:43   #1805  |  Link
Moritzio

Admonishment accepted. I appologize. I did read 10-15 pages of the thread and the tutorial, but failed to search the thread. I would have found this answer, posted by you on page 83.

-Mo

Quote:
As a first-time-poster you were expected to READ some posts before posting.

No, multiAVCHD will not copy but move its own compilations. So if your input AVCHD is already multiAVCHD generated compilation, then files will be moved (if they reside on the same disc) and it will take much much less time. If you're using "unknown" AVCHD folders (from camcoders and such) multiAVCHD will COPY them. It was requested by users that care not to read/check what options multiAVCHD gives them.

There is an option "Move transitional files" and it will be used if you import previous multiAVCHD compilations. To get max speed you need to have files residing in the same virtual drive.
Moritzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 05:28   #1806  |  Link
jason_peters010

I would love to contribute to your paypal account once Panasonic SDHC support is available. I have a feeling I am not alone. I have a DMP-BD35 & an HDC-SD1 camcorder. I am ready and willing to provide testing files/folders from the SD1. Thanks.
jason_peters010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 12:41   #1807  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by herrde View Post
...do you see any chance to be able to center the video sometime in the future? I read elsewhere (or was it even yourself who said that?) that it could be possible by using a "trick" - the picture-in-picture ability of the Blu-ray specifications...

That would be a huge step forward for your already brilliant piece of software!
Yes, it was me in my post 3 months ago about the background descriptor in mpeg-2 ts. (I was thinking back then to use it for removing the green bar but I came up with a simpler solution for it.) And a bit later I started to think about PIP option.

Currently Roman from smLabs/tsMuxeR and I are testing some different approaches to make this happen without really touching the original video stream.

I do hope it will work.

@jason: You can post some samples if you wish.

Last edited by deank; 1st April 2009 at 12:50.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 13:43   #1808  |  Link
GenesisPT

Quote:
Yes, I can add it as an option as I did in popBD. I'm glad it worked the easy way .
Hi deank,
Sorry to bother you about this again, but are you still going to put this option to remove the folders you indicated to improve compatilibity with the players?
Thanks.
GenesisPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 14:02   #1809  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Yes, update to build 492. There is an option in settings tab:

[x] Stricter AVCHD folder format

If checked and multiBD is used - CERTIFICATE/AUXDATA/BDJO/META/JAVA/etc will not be created.
Old 1st April 2009, 14:13   #1810  |  Link
GenesisPT

Many thanks!
Old 1st April 2009, 15:41   #1811  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Build 493:

Quote:
Tomorrow I'll add options to personalize XMB language tags:

Chapter selection (Title X/Y)
Video (fps)
Audio (ch)
Subtitles (track(s))
Duration: (h/m/s)

It will allow you to make XMB show all texts in your native/preferred language.

Dean
multiLANG.ini is generated in multiAVCHD folder. It contains 11 lines:
Code:
Video:
Audio:
Subtitles:
Title
Chapter selection
Duration:
track
tracks
h
m
s
If you edit this file in notepad and change them to other strings (in your language) those labels will be used in XMB menu. After you change them you can check how it will look like with the PREVIEW button in MENU tab. In case you mess things up - delete multiLANG.ini.
Old 1st April 2009, 15:49   #1812  |  Link
GenesisPT

Hi deank,
I used uncropMKV for the first time (1920x1080) and burn a disk with multiAVCHD and all worked fine both in the Samsung and the PS3 except... in the samsung there is a (small) flicker on the top and bottom of the screen right in the border of the black bars and the movie image itself.
I don't know if something can be done or not, as I said it's a small thing not that annoying.
Thanks
Old 1st April 2009, 15:52   #1813  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I don't think there is much that can be done. I guess it's the samsung way of decoding h.264 video. What was your original resolution? It may have something to do with 4x4/8x8/16x16 blocks.
Old 1st April 2009, 15:53   #1814  |  Link
asherungar

Quote:
Yes, it was me in my post 3 months ago about the background descriptor in mpeg-2 ts. (I was thinking back then to use it for removing the green bar but I came up with a simpler solution for it.) And a bit later I started to think about PIP option.

Currently Roman from smLabs/tsMuxeR and I are testing some different approaches to make this happen without really touching the original video stream.

I do hope it will work.

@jason: You can post some samples if you wish.

I hope it works too !
no more endless hours of re-encoding.
asherungar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 16:10   #1815  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

ALL USERS be advised that some older builds of multiAVCHD will expire (and will generate multiAVCHD.err file with explanation) in the next few days or may have already expired. In such cases multiAVCHD will not start at all but will only generate the .err file.

If it occurs that you have such .err file - read it. You'll also need to do a full-download or update your multiAVCHD.exe with the latest build.

Last edited by deank; 1st April 2009 at 16:14.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 16:12   #1816  |  Link
GenesisPT

Quote:
I don't think there is much that can be done. I guess it's the samsung way of decoding h.264 video. What was your original resolution? It may have something to do with 4x4/8x8/16x16 blocks.
The original res was 1920x800.
Old 1st April 2009, 16:16   #1817  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Let's move such discussions to uncropMKV thread.

Not that I have a solution yet, but I'll check some x264 settings.
Old 1st April 2009, 16:19   #1818  |  Link
vpapanik

On the visual settings -> background the defined setting (e.g. xmb-red.jpg) is not saved correctly in the .ini file. Or, it is read the wrong way
vpapanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 16:24   #1819  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

@vpapanik:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...01#post1259201
Old 1st April 2009, 16:33   #1820  |  Link
vpapanik

Oops, sorry, I have missed the forum for some days
vpapanik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author