Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 31st January 2006, 12:24   #401  |  Link
chros

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid
Apple trailers now work ok with the internal MP4 splitter
Same here, too, thanks
chros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2006, 13:55   #402  |  Link
Wedgedkc

I have a couple of avi files that crash the player when using the vmr9 (renderless) renderer but they work with the system default renderer. I have attached the log file from dr watson if thats of any help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip drwtsn32.zip (12.3 KB, 35 views)
Wedgedkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2006, 15:29   #403  |  Link
Egh

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic_druid
Hey, at least I fixed it so that it runs on XP. There was a problem with the autogenerated manifest file. win2k didn't case since it didn't use it. I actually tested it on an XP machine, classic look though, no fancy theme crap.

So a correction. Celtic cares about XP, but not themes. Still if I knew what the problem was, I would fix it.
Well I never had problems with running your builds on XP (I used your iirc August build for couple of months). Apart from classic theme (and even putting xml manifest in the folder with mpc didn't help).
Egh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2006, 15:44   #404  |  Link
celtic_druid

I tested the default XP theme and it ran fine here.

Think it was the 2005.11.27 build that wouldn't run under XP.
celtic_druid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2006, 08:48   #405  |  Link
Liisachan
李姗倩 Lǐ Shān Qiàn

New build by celtic_druid.
It has a new (?) checkbox called "VMR9 mixer mode" and i've not yet figured out what it does...

mplayerc2006.02.02.2kxp.7z
mplayerc2006.02.02.2kxp.7z
Liisachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2006, 09:44   #406  |  Link
celtic_druid

From the tooltip/rc file.

"Puts VMR9 (renderless) into mixer mode, this means most of the controls on its property page will work and it will use a separate worker thread to renderer frames."

Odd, I get the avi splitter tooltip for Haali's renderer.
celtic_druid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2006, 13:33   #407  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

Gabest sent me his latest build yesterday, and I tried it with mov files containing AAC/AVC. It worked great! How does Celtic's latest build work with mov files containing AAC/AVC? (I don't have time to try it). Excuse me if it has already been answered... I don't have time to follow this thread that much either as I used to

Last edited by Elias; 2nd February 2006 at 13:36.
Elias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2006, 13:39   #408  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond
he should simply remove the mov support. after all his splitter is a mp4 splitter and not a mov one

people should use mp4. mov should be banned to quicktime only
I perfectly agree!
Old 2nd February 2006, 14:02   #409  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elias
Gabest sent me his latest build yesterday, and I tried it with mov files containing AAC/AVC. It worked great! How does Celtic's latest build work with mov files containing AAC/AVC? (I don't have time to try it). Excuse me if it has already been answered... I don't have time to follow this thread that much either as I used to
Just tested Celtic Druid's most recent build with MOV's containing 2Ch and 6Ch AAC audio and it seems to be working okay
Old 2nd February 2006, 19:29   #410  |  Link
bond

yeah the splitter is now called "mp4/mov splitter", as thats what it is

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2006, 19:58   #411  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond
yeah the splitter is now called "mp4/mov splitter", as thats what it is
Yeah... I notice this too!

Personally I would have liked to have seen separate "MP4" and "MOV" selectivity.... I don't like the thought of seeing "glorious" MP4 lumped together with "crappy old" MOV

Cheers
Old 2nd February 2006, 21:31   #412  |  Link
Stebs

Awesome!

With the latest Option "VMR9 mixer mode", (hardware)deinterlacing and the other image enhancing stuff from the Nvidia Mpeg2 Decoder now finally work in the VMR9 (renderless) mode!
Without "VMR9 mixer mode", the Nvidia Decoder says all is ok and that it is working in the DirectX VA modus A, but deinterlacing simply doesnt work. Now with "VMR9 mixer mode" it finally works as expected
VMR9 (windowed mode) always worked but, as you know, it lacks subtitles and Shaders.

And all my HD MOV Trailers from Apple Site now work too with internal splitter!

Thankyou Gabest!

PS. Since newest GPUs (Geforce 6-7; Ati R1xxx) do (or shortly will) support AVC accelleration in Hardware per DirectX VA -and given complexity of HD AVC files, this is much needed- what about acceleration support with MPC + ffdshow?, I guess it's ffdshow that needs to be adapted, right?
Anybody knows this is planned for future?
Stebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2006, 22:12   #413  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stebs
PS. Since newest GPUs (Geforce 6-7; Ati R1xxx) do (or shortly will) support AVC accelleration in Hardware per DirectX VA -and given complexity of HD AVC files, this is much needed- what about acceleration support with MPC + ffdshow?, I guess it's ffdshow that needs to be adapted, right?
Anybody knows this is planned for future?
Have you tried the CoreAVC direct-show decoder filter?
Old 3rd February 2006, 00:56   #414  |  Link
chros

I have found a trailer which Haali's splitter doesn't want to open, but MPC does !!! Who would think that ?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_se...ight_watch/hd/
night_watch-tlra_h480p.mov
Old 3rd February 2006, 01:08   #415  |  Link
chros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stebs
Awesome!

With the latest Option "VMR9 mixer mode", (hardware)deinterlacing and the other image enhancing stuff from the Nvidia Mpeg2 Decoder now finally work in the VMR9 (renderless) mode!
Without "VMR9 mixer mode", the Nvidia Decoder says all is ok and that it is working in the DirectX VA modus A, but deinterlacing simply doesnt work. Now with "VMR9 mixer mode" it finally works as expected
VMR9 (windowed mode) always worked but, as you know, it lacks subtitles and Shaders.
Are you talking about playing DVD-s / VOB files ?
nVidia Purevideo decoder is needed for this ?

Thanks
Old 3rd February 2006, 19:19   #416  |  Link
Stebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital
Have you tried the CoreAVC direct-show decoder filter?
No, not yet.
Until now I thought it was (just) some new (still alpha/beta) AVC decoder that was reported to be even faster than ffdshow. Does it really support hardware decoding? - I think i have to do some googling
Old 3rd February 2006, 19:35   #417  |  Link
Stebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros
Are you talking about playing DVD-s / VOB files ?
nVidia Purevideo decoder is needed for this ?

Thanks
All mpeg2 Files, normal Vobs (DVD) but DVD-s Streams too, also .tp files (Transport Streams).
The Nvidia Purevideo decoder is definately not needed for watching those files, intergrated mpeg2 of MPC works well, BUT, if you want those extra Viedo Features of Geforce6+ Class GPUs (hardware acceleration, deinterlacing etc: http://www.nvidia.com/page/purevideo_support.html ), you need some Mpeg2 decoder that supports those features (through DirectX VA).
That can be the Nvidia Purevideo decoder but afaik also new versions of PowerDVD and WinDVD support it. Ati does also support similar features through Directx VA (and those even work then with the Nvidia Purevideo decoder).

I have some HD Mpeg2 files that use 100% CPU (XP3200+) with MPC mpeg2 decoder. With Nvidia Purevideo decoder, I have 40% CPU and better image quality.

This is nice-to-have for mpeg2, but for AVC, acceleration is going to be really important.
Old 4th February 2006, 00:07   #418  |  Link
clsid

Anyone else having troubles with embedded subtitles in MP4? Timedtext subs work for me, but VSFilter doesn't get loaded for vobsubs. The same files work ok with Haali's splitter.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2006, 14:31   #419  |  Link
videomixer9
ffdshow fan

purevideo should be boycotted just because it's a total ripoff to advertise cards with features and then you can only use this wondertool if you pay another 10-20 bucks on it and only with one decoder or others that license the tech for cash, not talking about it only working on one single OS.

ATI and NVIDIA are both big assholes, no open usable technology, only totally closed properietary stuff. It's sad ppl won't boycott both, but prolly it's more important to get the new games and stuff running no matter if the tech is total properietary. If there'd only be one good chip designer that'd do all this openly and have better performance than both of those evil companies, they could close their lousy companies.

Last edited by videomixer9; 4th February 2006 at 14:34.
videomixer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2006, 14:51   #420  |  Link
bond

there is no open standard for hardware acceleration of h.264 comparable to dxva for mpeg-2 (maybe because m$ didnt want to support h.264?)
therefore the card manufacturers are forced to develop something on their own (which doesnt mean that it wouldnt have been possible that they join forces and develop something together instead of two different systems)

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
bond is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
media player classic