Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th November 2005, 14:30   #181  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital
Sadly for me I'm not clever enough to get my head around using BeSweet...
Just try BeLight - nice BeSweet GUI
dimzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2005, 16:11   #182  |  Link
plonk420
amd & h.264 fanboy

Quote:
Notes:
d3dx9_27.dll is a separate download now because it is longer needed to run mpc, however to use pixel shaders it has to be put in the dll path.
i hope this will take d3dx9_27+.dll. IIRC these change for every dx9 release (ie, april, may, june dx9 release). i remember running into 4K demos that required a specific dx9 file (ie ?_23.dll). it turns out i loaded the month after the one suggested in the NFO file and it wouldn't work as the only file in the system was ?_24.dll...

edit: a 4k demo called "Parsec" required the Feb release of DX9.0c. i loaded a March or later version and the demo still asked for "d3dx9_24.dll." i looked in the folder, and, i think there was like a d3dx9_25.dll or higher. i simply renamed it to (or rather copied it to) d3dx9_24.dll and all was dandy.

i'd suggest that MPC 6.4.8.6 ask for d3dx9_27.dll and above (or whatever number)

Last edited by plonk420; 7th November 2005 at 16:17.
plonk420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2005, 16:20   #183  |  Link
Liisachan
李姗倩 Lǐ Shān Qiàn

This d3dx9_27.dll thing is both in Aug05 and in oct05:
* directx_9c_oct05sdk_redist : Aug2005_d3dx9_27_x86.cab
* directx_9c_Aug05sdk_redist : Aug2005_d3dx9_27_x86.cab
* dxsdk_oct2005 : Redist\DirectX9\Aug2005_d3dx9_27_x86.cab
* dxsdk_aug2005 : Redist\DirectX9\Aug2005_d3dx9_27_x86.cab
You might want to install one of those redistributable, instead of just
putting that .dll, especiall for x64, i guess.
Liisachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2005, 16:24   #184  |  Link
zinho47

Simply, the best player.

Thanks,
zinho47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2005, 16:31   #185  |  Link
yaz
n00b ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimzon
You does not need to install Nero to encode 6ch audio. All what you need is aac.dll + aacenc32.dll + neroIPP.dll into BeSweet folder
you're just kiddin', aren't you ? how to get that dlls wout downloading that 100 mb monster ? it's even impossible to get recode separately as nero bunched everything together

thx
y
yaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2005, 16:36   #186  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaz
you're just kiddin', aren't you ? how to get that dlls wout downloading that 100 mb monster ? it's even impossible to get recode separately as nero bunched everything together
You can ask somebody to sent You this dlls. Of couse you must pay for Nero licence in order to use this dlls legally (but you don't need to download whole package)
Old 7th November 2005, 16:44   #187  |  Link
yaz
n00b ever

Quote:
You can ask somebody to sent You this dlls. Of couse you must pay for Nero licence in order to use this dlls legally (but you don't need to download whole package)
thx a lot
y
yaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2005, 17:17   #188  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

Quote:
Pay Nero for licence? Isn't that if you want to use their AAC encoder for commercial use? I mean, if I encode my webcam movies with AAC audio by the Nero dlls, will I have to pay for it?
Old 7th November 2005, 17:20   #189  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elias
Pay Nero for licence? Isn't that if you want to use their AAC encoder for commercial use? I mean, if I encode my webcam movies with AAC audio by the Nero dlls, will I have to pay for it?
Hey, I'm not Nero related so I don't know Ask Nero!
Old 7th November 2005, 17:22   #190  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

Well, it was your statement.
Old 7th November 2005, 17:23   #191  |  Link
stephanV
gone

Yes, Nero is a commercial product and not free (60 EUR IIRC). It does have a free trial though.
stephanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2005, 18:13   #192  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

So.... given the current Nero AAC situation (which is not likely to change). What we need is a more flexible (freebie) AAC encoder that offers 6Ch encoding

It's a shame the iTunes AAC encoder can't be used to create 6Ch AAC streams.... like it's possible to do with QT7 Pro (which sadly you have to pay for also)

Surely there must be some clever people out there who can develop an 6Ch AAC-LC encoder (which can handle 6Ch AC3 streams as an input source)!

If development costs are an issue, I'm willing to put some money into the venture. Anybody else feel the same?

Cheers
Old 7th November 2005, 18:16   #193  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

Quote:
If cost is an issue, I'm willing to put some money into the venture. Anybody else feel the same?
Yes, donations rule. We could all donate to that FAAC encoder.
Old 7th November 2005, 18:17   #194  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
Surely there must be some clever people out there who can develop an 6Ch AAC-LC encoder (which can handle 6Ch AC3 streams as an input source)!
FAAC can encode 5.1 AAC-LC audio! You can use my plugin for BeSweet for AC3->AAC-LC transcoding (look @ BeLight)
WinAmp can encode 5.1 HE-AAC audio (at 128kbps)! You can use my plugin for BeSweet for AC3->HE-AAC transcoding (look @ BeLight)
Old 8th November 2005, 02:31   #195  |  Link
plonk420
amd & h.264 fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liisachan
This d3dx9_27.dll thing is both in Aug05 and in oct05:
* directx_9c_oct05sdk_redist : Aug2005_d3dx9_27_x86.cab
* directx_9c_Aug05sdk_redist : Aug2005_d3dx9_27_x86.cab
* dxsdk_oct2005 : Redist\DirectX9\Aug2005_d3dx9_27_x86.cab
* dxsdk_aug2005 : Redist\DirectX9\Aug2005_d3dx9_27_x86.cab
You might want to install one of those redistributable, instead of just
putting that .dll, especiall for x64, i guess.
well, my point being is that come nov or dec or some future release, it may not be named d3dx9_27.dll. it may be d3dx9_28.dll or something... MPC should be prepared for that eventuality.
plonk420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2005, 02:53   #196  |  Link
Liisachan
李姗倩 Lǐ Shān Qiàn

Yeah, that happened already.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...347#post698347
Old 8th November 2005, 02:55   #197  |  Link
RyosukeFC

Aac?

I'm sure I missed something, but what's so special about AAC anyway? I realize this is a bit off-topic, but why is everyone so excited about using it? For movie encoding, why not just include the original unmodified AC3 or DTS stream? I know my receiver won't decode AAC over the S/PDIF cable, and isn't quality lost in transcoding from a lossy format to another lossy format? And if AAC is lossless, what have you gained by transcoding the original AC3 or DTS to AAC?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
RyosukeFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2005, 03:38   #198  |  Link
LordIntruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liisachan
mpc6486.png
Hi,

I discovered that this does not work with OGM. If I save video in AVI format, I got é or à or ç but as soon as I mix OGG with my video and save it (using virtualdubmod) all accents are gone. A problem with OGM?
LordIntruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2005, 06:09   #199  |  Link
Liisachan
李姗倩 Lǐ Shān Qiàn

@RyosukeFC: AAC, per se, is not the "only one." Vorbis is good too. In higher bitrate, we have of course MP3, and much more (Musepack, WavPack, OptimFROG, FLAC, TTA, APE, etc, etc). Some of them are usable as the audio part of the movie too.

But (AVC+AAC).mp4 is today's de-fact standard for .mp4, and if you want to use AVC .mp4 is, probably, a natural choice. For one thing, you can make (AVC+MP3).mp4 or (AVC+AAC).mkv, but QuickTime doesn't like those files.
In other words, I'd say "they use AAC because they want to use AVC with it."

Another reason is technical interests: HE-AACv2 is not high-quality in the absolute measure, since it's designed for very low bitrate (48kbps or so). Anyone can ABX 15/15 if compred with the source. But it's relatively less bad as 48kbps, and parametric stereo is a challenging technology. (Whether or not you use it for practical purposes is another matter, though.)

Yet another reason is, AAC is usually higher-quality than MP3 at the same rate. Nero and Apple and Real all came in with AAC and AAC is now very popular. MP3 has its forte, but I guess many people here in doom9 forum like to try new things.

@LordIntruder: Texts stored in MKV/Ogg etc are usually Unicode (UTF-8), so they can be safely multilingual, but unfortunately that is not true for OGM. Basically OGM is not Unicode-based. 0.9.9.6 might be different, but 99.9% of OGM is 0.9.9.5-compatible. As a result OGM is not good at handling multilingual texts. However, since OGM is not Unicode-based, it works better on Windows 98 (i.e. the OS that is not Unicode-based) than other Unicode-based formats would. Each format has its good points & weak points

PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordIntruder
If I save video in AVI format, I got é or à or ç but as soon as I mix OGG with my video and save it (using virtualdubmod) all accents are gone. A problem with OGM?
é or à or ç should be mix well with OGM as long as your Locale is W.Europe. Maybe that's VirtualDubMod's problem and not MPC's problem.

Last edited by Liisachan; 8th November 2005 at 06:16.
Old 8th November 2005, 11:48   #200  |  Link
vlada

LordIntruder> OGM is a dead format. I would suggest you to use MKV instead. AFAIK one of the advantages of MKV over OGM is that it uses Unicode. So your "fault" is probably a limitation of OGM.

Liisachan> As some people from HydrogenAudio proved, AAC in current implementations is quite often worse then MP3. But MP3 is only 2ch currently and I don't think the new MP3 surround will ever become a standard. The only formats that can beat MP3 always are MPC and OGG Vorbis. MPC seems to be dead, but Vorbis probably has a bright future and supports multi-channel. The problem with Vorbis is the fact, that in order to have support for it in standalone players, they have to support Matroska container first. There is no regular way to get Vorbis in MP4 or AVI container. I know you can do it, but it is not standardised (did I get the word right?). For this reasons it makes sence to use AAC.

The best AAC encoder seems to be WinAMP. You can use WinAMP's filters in BeLight a you don't have to download 100MB of Nero's all-in-one, which can do everything, but nothing correctly.

Regarding d3dx9_27.dll, what are pixel shaders good for in video playback? Does it work if I put the .dll in MPC's folder?

Vlada

Last edited by vlada; 8th November 2005 at 11:52. Reason: Fix some mistakes
vlada is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
media player classic