Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 4th December 2009, 20:07   #641  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever-ever View Post
If I close the directshowsource avs, then both dgindex avses are 53:29 again. WHAT!?
How do you determine the length of the video served by the DGDecNV script?

Just open it in VirtualDub and look at the duration in File/Information. If that changes due to running your other script I'll be shocked.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 21:15   #642  |  Link
whatever-ever

In Vdub both dgindex and dgindexnv return 53:29 (also with directshowsource running in mpc in the background), directshowsource returns 58:26. If dgindex(nv) is played in mpc while playing directshowsource in mpc they both run 58:26 (in mpc). See this: http://i48.tinypic.com/1zpjq6w.png

Hmmm...
whatever-ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 22:48   #643  |  Link
dgeise

file name parsing & invalid license bug reports

hey Don,

Haven't used your tools for a while. Installed beta 4 recently and ran across a few new issues.

1. There is what appears to be a new filename parsing bug. A real simple one. I copy/b my AVCHD .MTS files together and rename them to a YYYY.MM.DD.MTS format for archiving purposes. The problem is that DGIndexNV outputs files (for example) YYYY.MM PID 1100 2_0ch 48KHz 256Kbps DELAY 0ms.AC3 and YYYY.MM.DGA filenames. This is no big deal, I just rename the files and all is well. My guess is that you're parsing for the '.' (dot) file extension separator forwards thru the filename string instead of backwards. So you pick up on the first dot and not the last dot in the filename and split the name from the extension based on that. Reverse the string search and it should be fixed. Easy fix, dont you love those?

2. I ran into a 'DGSource: Invalid license' error. It turned out I had installed VirtualBox on this system recently and its tripping up your MAC address detection logic by using the virtual adapter's info instead of my real hardware's info. That's not real good in several aspects- validating to a virtual nic is a crack in the door for piracy among other things. Right now I have to disable VirtualBox's virtual network adapter to get your tools to work. I hate DRM mostly for reasons like this. I'd suggest you enumerate all NICs, maybe filter out the virtual ones if there is a way to detect that, then try to validate the license against all remaining 'real hardware' entries. That should eliminate confusion in several scenarios I can think of.

Ok, keep up all the hard work... The tool is looking good.

-Dave
dgeise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 23:14   #644  |  Link

Quote:
In Vdub both dgindex and dgindexnv return 53:29 (also with directshowsource running in mpc in the background), directshowsource returns 58:26. If dgindex(nv) is played in mpc while playing directshowsource in mpc they both run 58:26 (in mpc). See this: http://i48.tinypic.com/1zpjq6w.png

Hmmm...
I think 53:29 is the correct running length and the time given in MPC is wrong. Unless you want to mail me the streams, I don't know how I can do anything else for you.
Old 5th December 2009, 00:21   #645  |  Link
whatever-ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
I think 53:29 is the correct running length and the time given in MPC is wrong. Unless you want to mail me the streams, I don't know how I can do anything else for you.
While that is very possible, and I hope it is so, it still remains that the files (individually indexed) added up gives 58mins, and the full demuxed audio (demuxed with dgindex(nv)) is also 58 mins
Old 5th December 2009, 02:44   #646  |  Link

Quote:
While that is very possible, and I hope it is so, it still remains that the files (individually indexed) added up gives 58mins, and the full demuxed audio (demuxed with dgindex(nv)) is also 58 mins
Well, that is a problem.

Do you want it resolved? If so, I will PM you with my address to send me the files by mail. Or you can make them available on an FTP site for download.

One thing that could help is for you to post here the DGM files for all of them done individually and for doing them all at once.
Old 5th December 2009, 04:18   #647  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgeise View Post
1. There is what appears to be a new filename parsing bug. A real simple one. I copy/b my AVCHD .MTS files together and rename them to a YYYY.MM.DD.MTS format for archiving purposes. The problem is that DGIndexNV outputs files (for example) YYYY.MM PID 1100 2_0ch 48KHz 256Kbps DELAY 0ms.AC3 and YYYY.MM.DGA filenames.
I can't duplicate that with 2.0.0 beta 4. Give me an exact filename and tell me how you make it fail.

Quote:
2. I ran into a 'DGSource: Invalid license' error. It turned out I had installed VirtualBox on this system recently and its tripping up your MAC address detection logic by using the virtual adapter's info instead of my real hardware's info.
Use the license generator to generate a license number for each configuration and put them all in your license file.
Old 5th December 2009, 23:59   #648  |  Link
Jeff Flowerday

The new DGIndexNV seems to struggle with DTS audio tracks now, with the old V11 beta it would load up fast and just not show the DTS track. Now when I add vob files containing a DTS track, it sits there for a couple minutes "Not Responding" and still doesn't show the DTS track.

It's relative to size, a small 50MB clipped vob will load decently fast.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jtbgluijiok
Jeff Flowerday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2009, 00:03   #649  |  Link
Jeff Flowerday

PS) DGIndexNV still indexes over twice as fast minimized as it does as an open window.
Old 6th December 2009, 14:19   #650  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Flowerday View Post
PS) DGIndexNV still indexes over twice as fast minimized as it does as an open window.
Please try closing the Info diaglog after starting the Save Project. Does that make a difference when not minimized?
Old 6th December 2009, 15:29   #651  |  Link

Quote:
Your 5.mpg file has dropped frames. You can see that it plays jerky at the beginning in MPCHC. A player will go by the timestamps and freeze frames so as to present frames at their presentation times. So there is no bug in DGIndex or DGIndexNV in this regard.
Old 6th December 2009, 15:44   #652  |  Link
whatever-ever

Quote:
Your 5.mpg file has dropped frames. You can see that it plays jerky at the beginning in MPCHC. A player will go by the timestamps and freeze frames so as to present frames at their presentation times. So there is no bug in DGIndex or DGIndexNV in this regard.
Thank you for clearing that up

Good to here there's no bug.

Keep up the good work
Old 6th December 2009, 15:57   #653  |  Link

Quote:
The new DGIndexNV seems to struggle with DTS audio tracks now, with the old V11 beta it would load up fast and just not show the DTS track. Now when I add vob files containing a DTS track, it sits there for a couple minutes "Not Responding" and still doesn't show the DTS track.

It's relative to size, a small 50MB clipped vob will load decently fast.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jtbgluijiok
I'll move this to the top of the priority list.
Old 6th December 2009, 18:44   #654  |  Link
Jeff Flowerday

Quote:
I'll move this to the top of the priority list.
Old 6th December 2009, 18:48   #655  |  Link
Jeff Flowerday

Quote:
Please try closing the Info diaglog after starting the Save Project. Does that make a difference when not minimized?
Yes, if you close the info dialog it's just as fast as minimized.
Old 6th December 2009, 22:13   #656  |  Link

Quote:
Yes, if you close the info dialog it's just as fast as minimized.
Good, that's what I suspected, that it was the overhead of updating the Info dialog that was causing it. I'll fix that and add DTS for the next beta.
Old 7th December 2009, 02:08   #657  |  Link

Version 2.0.0 beta 5

* Eliminate overhead of updating the Info dialog while saving project. This speeds up indexing substantially.

* Add support for DTS audio in program streams.

@Jeff

Please advise if DTS support is working properly.

http://neuron2.net/dgdecnv/dgdecnv200b5.zip
Old 7th December 2009, 02:17   #658  |  Link
Jeff Flowerday

Quote:
* Eliminate overhead of updating the Info dialog while saving project. This speeds up indexing substantially.

* Add support for DTS audio in program streams.

@Jeff

Please advise if DTS support is working properly.

http://neuron2.net/dgdecnv/dgdecnv200b5.zip
I just did a test indexing with extraction of DTS and it seems to be. I'll keep you updated when I actually have something ready to fire through x264 and test the final result.

Old 7th December 2009, 02:24   #659  |  Link
Jeff Flowerday

Ok I just tried throwing the resultant dts file into mkvmerge and it's giving me no valid header errors when I try to mux the dts into a MKA file.

mediainfo doesn't give me details on the resultant dts file either?
Old 7th December 2009, 02:35   #660  |  Link

Checking it...