Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 17th May 2013, 13:39   #17221  |  Link
jdobbs

I'm not upset. I just want enough information to actually do something about a posted bug.

But... to post an issue in the "Bug Reports Only" thread and then say "It was not my intent to get you involved" is a little disingenuous, don't you think?
Old 17th May 2013, 16:48   #17222  |  Link
sojourner353

Just a quick question, now BDRB has made it possible to backup and re-encode 3DBD's to MKV & MP4, is there a future plan to bring MVC encoding into the picture to backup and re-author a 3DBD50 to a 3DBD25?

There is a few ways out there to achieve it I have found but big $ and experience is required and the cheaper alternative DVDFab is hit and miss as to if the end result actually works without freezing, MIB3 3D and Monsters Inc. 3D are classic examples of miss with DVDFab, cheers.
sojourner353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2013, 17:48   #17223  |  Link
dfsooner

Mr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
to post an issue in the "Bug Reports Only" thread and then say "It was not my intent to get you involved" is a little disingenuous, don't you think?
No, I don't.

You are obviously preoccupied with mkv, 3D, etc. and I didn't want to send you off on a tangent. I didn't give particulars about the failures because they were obviously not title-specific and I didn't think anyone else could reproduce them to determine a cause. I asked for general information from other posters on this forum because they sometimes provide insight to each other. The only forums I am aware of relative to BDRB are this one and the one on "new feature requests". This didn't fall in to either category. So ... where else do I go to ask such questions?
dfsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2013, 18:51   #17224  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsooner View Post
No, I don't.

You are obviously preoccupied with mkv, 3D, etc. and I didn't want to send you off on a tangent. I didn't give particulars about the failures because they were obviously not title-specific and I didn't think anyone else could reproduce them to determine a cause. I asked for general information from other posters on this forum because they sometimes provide insight to each other. The only forums I am aware of relative to BDRB are this one and the one on "new feature requests". This didn't fall in to either category. So ... where else do I go to ask such questions?
You post them in a new thread, not in the BUG REPORTS ONLY thread.
Old 17th May 2013, 18:54   #17225  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourner353 View Post
Just a quick question, now BDRB has made it possible to backup and re-encode 3DBD's to MKV & MP4, is there a future plan to bring MVC encoding into the picture to backup and re-author a 3DBD50 to a 3DBD25?

There is a few ways out there to achieve it I have found but big $ and experience is required and the cheaper alternative DVDFab is hit and miss as to if the end result actually works without freezing, MIB3 3D and Monsters Inc. 3D are classic examples of miss with DVDFab, cheers.
Yes. But there are two limiting factors today: 1) There is no freeware MVC encoder available. 2.) There is no burning software capable of burning the SSIF/M2TS shared sector format.

Until those two things happen, it isn't possible outside of a couple very, very expensive authoring packages. It may be possible to get around #2, but only by duplicating sectors (which will lower available bitrate/quality). Outside of those two things 3D disc creation isn't really very complicated.

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th May 2013 at 19:00.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2013, 03:20   #17226  |  Link
sojourner353

Quote:
Yes. But there are two limiting factors today: 1) There is no freeware MVC encoder available. 2.) There is no burning software capable of burning the SSIF/M2TS shared sector format.

Until those two things happen, it isn't possible outside of a couple very, very expensive authoring packages. It may be possible to get around #2, but only by duplicating sectors (which will lower available bitrate/quality). Outside of those two things 3D disc creation isn't really very complicated.
Thanks for the explanation, I am assuming DVDFab gets around #2 like you mention resulting in the hit and miss results many have, does DVDFab even re-author to MVC? I am assuming it does because the ssif files are still there after a re-author.

Would it be possible for us users who own DVDFab to take/borrow the MVC encoder out of DVDFab and use it in BDRB, that is if it uses an MVC encoder at all?

Don't flame me for asking that please, cheers.
sojourner353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2013, 05:37   #17227  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation, I am assuming DVDFab gets around #2 like you mention resulting in the hit and miss results many have, does DVDFab even re-author to MVC? I am assuming it does because the ssif files are still there after a re-author.

Would it be possible for us users who own DVDFab to take/borrow the MVC encoder out of DVDFab and use it in BDRB, that is if it uses an MVC encoder at all?

I doubt that it has one. But I have no idea how DVDFab works.
Old 18th May 2013, 06:30   #17228  |  Link
HWK

Quote:

Quote:
I doubt that it has one. But I have no idea how DVDFab works.
I know it is debugging thread, but I will support Jdobbs in this case. If you take two identical file you cannot make stereo view file or at least I haven’t seen it as an option. What it probably does compress m2ts file separately and then during burning it create ssif file to link them together.

If you think about for a second if he had mvc encoder he probably add this option in another modules of his program. (I am not talking about side by side, over and under ones)

Fengtao was also mentioning about if you use dvdfab virtual to mount folder and it will create ssif on the fly.
HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2013, 09:51   #17229  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
But I have no idea how DVDFab works.
It hardly ever does.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2013, 15:26   #17230  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

@Colinhunt: QFT on that one. I tried DVDCrap a few times to compress full 3D only and hybrid 3D discs. Only 1 managed to complete successfully and after a while it was riddled with artifacts to the point where the movie just "stuck". The timer kept going but the movie didn't. All the others (of over a dozen i tried", processed for a while and then the thing errored out with some random "filter error". I wouldn't spend a penny on it for there 3D shrink feature
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2013, 19:56   #17231  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
@Colinhunt: QFT on that one. I tried DVDCrap a few times to compress full 3D only and hybrid 3D discs. Only 1 managed to complete successfully and after a while it was riddled with artifacts to the point where the movie just "stuck". The timer kept going but the movie didn't. All the others (of over a dozen i tried", processed for a while and then the thing errored out with some random "filter error". I wouldn't spend a penny on it for there 3D shrink feature
Why I won't be surprised I gave another try last night and it really mess up the color in video file; when blue become orange you know program is messed up. Ch3vr0n call it DVDCrap and I call it DVDBug because by definition it is exactly that. On a side note I used Rovi MVC encoder and so far I like it and best part about encoder is it's ability to accept avisynth input without any problem. $ 6K is not bad for it, if you compare it to cinema craft MVC and Sony do studio mvc encoder.

Last edited by HWK; 18th May 2013 at 22:19.
HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2013, 23:01   #17232  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
$ 6K is not bad for it, if you compare it to cinema craft MVC and Sony do studio mvc encoder.
Ughhh... $6K is too much to pay for any software.

With that said, let's get off the side discussions and bring this thread back on-topic.
Old 19th May 2013, 02:02   #17233  |  Link
Winenut

Just switched to the latest version v0.44.06 (from 43.04, which was working just fine) and got his with this message "AnyDVD Remove Annoying Adverts: Incompatible", which I'd never seen before...and have been using that AnyDVD since it was introduced without issue. But I figured I'd turn it off, and re-rip the source. And I still get that error message.

This is a Movie Only encode, and so I'm having trouble understanding what effect that setting would have...and why I would still get this message after turning this feature off in AnyDVD?

Does this somehow alter the time tables or something that messes with your encoding? Also, I noticed that I no longer see the sets of tasks (I'm used to seeing, such as FFDSHOW) in the tray. Does this version encode differently from the prior version I was using?

Also, I had run this (both with and without that AnyDVD setting turned on) to a full output file (no re-Encode). That worked (or seemed to), but then BD Builder threw the same error message for both versions of the combined (single M2TS file). Note that the resultant M2TS file plays just fine via Splash Pro...even at the point where the two files are put together. Both video and audio.

But here's the latest attempt to re-encode the pair of M2TS files into a very slightly compressed single M2TS file. Note that it fails on the 2nd M2TS file.

----------------------
[05/18/13] BD Rebuilder v0.44.06 (beta)
[15:54:04] Source: BECKET_00002
- Input BD size: 26.73 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:28:20.725]
- Target BD size: 23.93 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- Quality: High-Speed Option (BD-25), ABR
- Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow [3-way]
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=0 Kbs=640
[15:54:06] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [15:54:06] Processing: VID_00035 (1 of 2)
- [15:54:06] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00035]
- [16:00:10] Reencoding video [VID_00035]
- Source Video: VC-1, 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 118,806 frames
- Bitrate: 20,992 Kbs
- [16:00:10] Reencoding: VID_00035, Pass 1 of 1
- [16:50:30] Video Encode complete
- [16:50:31] Processing audio tracks
- Track 4352 (eng): Keeping original audio
- [16:50:31] Processing: VID_00036 (2 of 2)
- [16:50:31] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00036]
- [16:53:54] Reencoding video [VID_00036]
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 94,598 frames
- Bitrate: 20,391 Kbs
- [16:53:54] Reencoding: VID_00036, Pass 1 of 1
- Encode failed. Aborting.
- BD-Rebuilder v0.44.06 (beta)
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.8.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: 1.9.42.1, Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3882, Ok
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- AnyDVD Remove Annoying Adverts: Incompatible
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok
[16:57:31] - Failed video encode, aborted
Winenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 02:21   #17234  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

slightly OT, but something i just noticed. under the executable name of bdrb.exe it lists "BD Rebuilder" & "jdobbs softworks" (as usual), but inspect.exe yields "Haskell Industries"? Never noticed that before, who's that?
Old 19th May 2013, 02:45   #17235  |  Link
jdobbs

@Winenut

That check has been there for many releases including 43.04. You need to turn it off -- because it has been proven to cause issues in the past. With that said, it probably isn't what stopped your system. I'd recommend you reinstall BD-RB, AVISYNTH, HAALI, a FFDSHOW.

Last edited by jdobbs; 20th May 2013 at 01:53.
Old 19th May 2013, 02:46   #17236  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
slightly OT, but something i just noticed. under the executable name of bdrb.exe it lists "BD Rebuilder" & "jdobbs softworks" (as usual), but inspect.exe yields "Haskell Industries"? Never noticed that before, who's that?
Funny nobody ever noticed it before. That's just a little tip-of-the-hat to Eddie Haskell (from Leave it to Beaver). It kinda' gives my age away, doesn't it?

Last edited by jdobbs; 19th May 2013 at 02:50.
Old 19th May 2013, 03:26   #17237  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

kinda, since the original show where that dude appears in 1st dates back to nov 1st, '57. Reboot dates back to '80s. I'm from that 2nd generation. '83 to be exact. Dude itself doesn't ring a bell though. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Haskell

anyways. Thx for allowing me to go slightly OT. Now back on
Old 19th May 2013, 04:57   #17238  |  Link
Winenut

With this latest version, unchecking does not remove the error. Apparently you have to ALSO uncheck the REMOVE PROHIBITIVE USER OPERATIONS before that message will disappear. But even then, it failed again...and with no indication of the error...

[05/18/13] BD Rebuilder v0.44.06 (beta)
[18:50:01] Source: BECKET_00002
- Input BD size: 26.73 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:28:20.725]
- Target BD size: 23.93 GB
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- Quality: High-Speed Option (BD-25), ABR
- Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow [3-way]
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=0 Kbs=640
[18:50:04] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [18:50:04] Processing: VID_00035 (1 of 2)
- [18:50:04] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00035]
- [18:57:31] Reencoding video [VID_00035]
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 118,806 frames
- Bitrate: 20,992 Kbs
- [18:57:31] Reencoding: VID_00035, Pass 1 of 1
- [19:47:12] Video Encode complete
- [19:47:13] Processing audio tracks
- Track 4352 (eng): Keeping original audio
- [19:47:13] Processing: VID_00036 (2 of 2)
- [19:47:13] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00036]
- [19:50:32] Reencoding video [VID_00036]
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 94,598 frames
- Bitrate: 20,391 Kbs
- [19:50:32] Reencoding: VID_00036, Pass 1 of 1
- Encode failed. Aborting.
- BD-Rebuilder v0.44.06 (beta)
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.8.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: 1.9.42.1, Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3882, Ok
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- AnyDVD settings check: Ok.
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok
[19:54:02] - Failed video encode, aborted

Also, I might add that the new version encodes much slower...when it's actually running. And uses up considerbly less CPU, while running slower. If I get it working again, perhaps I'll increase the number of concurrent encode threads. I had been using 3, which was more than enough...with the older version.

As this is VC-1, which in the past has occasionally caused issues, I'll try another one, encoded using AVC...and let you know how that goes. But I don't think this issue has anything to do with the AnyDVD settings. And BTW, I didn't recently change my AnyDVD version. Running 7.1.8.0.
Winenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 06:32   #17239  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
kinda, since the original show where that dude appears in 1st dates back to nov 1st, '57. Reboot dates back to '80s. I'm from that 2nd generation. '83 to be exact. Dude itself doesn't ring a bell though. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Haskell

anyways. Thx for allowing me to go slightly OT. Now back on
1957? Really? Ok... I'm old, but not that old
Old 19th May 2013, 06:34   #17240  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winenut View Post
With this latest version, unchecking does not remove the error. Apparently you have to ALSO uncheck the REMOVE PROHIBITIVE USER OPERATIONS before that message will disappear. But even then, it failed again...and with no indication of the error...

Also, I might add that the new version encodes much slower...when it's actually running. And uses up considerbly less CPU, while running slower. If I get it working again, perhaps I'll increase the number of concurrent encode threads. I had been using 3, which was more than enough...with the older version.

As this is VC-1, which in the past has occasionally caused issues, I'll try another one, encoded using AVC...and let you know how that goes. But I don't think this issue has anything to do with the AnyDVD settings. And BTW, I didn't recently change my AnyDVD version. Running 7.1.8.0.
You need to reinstall... because this version isn't slower, if anything it should be slightly faster. Also, the way BD-RB handles multiple instances hasn't changed at all. It sounds like you may have other issues.

By the way, you have to uncheck the box before you rip. Doing so after the disc has been ripped to HD won't have any affect -- and the damage is already done. But.. BD-RB looks in the registry and checks the current state of that setting.

Last edited by jdobbs; 19th May 2013 at 06:44.