Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 10th January 2013, 13:36   #16821  |  Link
annovif

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6233638 View Post
Have you got the same comparison for JINC 3-4-8 with and without AR (or only if AR is already 'the best quality that we can have)
Thank you, Fabio
annovif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 13:46   #16822  |  Link
annovif

Quote:
If you need it, use a pixelshader to do it.
Ok , you're all against me

I' m using Jriver and not mpc, now , because it is the only player that has Internal 64-bit processing for audio and i don't know if there is the possibility to use pixel shaders in it. I will try.

Thank you , Fabio
Old 10th January 2013, 16:03   #16823  |  Link
mzso

Quote:
Originally Posted by annovif View Post
No, he didn't
He wrote about wanting to possibly include in its list of things to do, and then........nothing
But it 's too important for the image quality, WE ABSOLUTELY NEED IT
BS. Probably a small minority messes with sharpening. And it certainly doesn't increase the quality.
mzso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 18:58   #16824  |  Link
annovif

Don't forget that many people spend thousands of dollars to have a video processor that applies an high level sharpness : Dvdo and Lumagen , for example.
Old 10th January 2013, 19:19   #16825  |  Link
yahyoh

first i want to thank madshi for all the great work with madvr

second : i have small things with madvr :

1- frame step seems buggy if i want to step many frames MPC get stuck for 1-2 second

2- colors look darker and washed out

madvr and lav

EVR + FFDshow

madvr + lav

EVR + FFDshow

madvr + lav

EVR + FFDshow

Last edited by yahyoh; 10th January 2013 at 19:32.
yahyoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 19:47   #16826  |  Link
kerimcem

@yahyoh
yes ,colors look darker
why the dark?
kerimcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 20:26   #16827  |  Link
truexfan81

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerimcem View Post
@yahyoh
yes ,colors look darker
why the dark?
i think it depends on settings, i have to make mine darker
truexfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 21:05   #16828  |  Link
yahyoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by truexfan81 View Post
i think it depends on settings, i have to make mine darker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerimcem View Post
@yahyoh
yes ,colors look darker
why the dark?
IDK i'm using stock setting
yahyoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 21:11   #16829  |  Link
truexfan81

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyoh View Post
IDK i'm using stock setting
and i'm not
truexfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 21:38   #16830  |  Link
aufkrawall

I see some filters applied with EVR. Try to disable every image quality "enhancement" in your video driver's settings.
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2013, 01:42   #16831  |  Link
madhatter300871

I have searched through this thread, but it is very big and, well, I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I have 2 questions, which I am sure have been asked a thousand times before.

1. In an ideal world, with the perfect graphics card and CPU, what resizer settings give the best results ? (I know we hate saying "best" here, as it's subjective, but I am not exactly sure on a technical level which resizers should be considered best.

2. I'm on the market for a new Nvidia graphics card, only want to spend about £50. Thinking of a GT430/GT440. Anybody got any pointers on how Nvidia label their cards, in general is the higher the number the better the card.

I currently use a 8400GS, works a treat for SD material with madvr, decodes HD no problems at all, but chokes with HD if I set madvr resizing to anything other than bilinear. Any pointers to pages in this thread would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
madhatter300871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2013, 01:57   #16832  |  Link
nekrovski

Hello

I started using madVR and I have stumbled upon a small issue and I'm wondering if there's an option to fix this. I'm positive that it's a madVR issue because it doesn't happen when I use haali or some other thingy.

My desktop resolution is 1440x900 and I mainly watch 720p videos on fullscreen, meaning there are black bars up and down.
Anyways, when I open the video and I use any of the shortcuts in mpchc for fullscreen (there are 2, one that says fullscreen and the other that says fullscreen without resolution change) for a split second the video gets stretched out (covering the black bars) and goes back to it's normal fullscreen/resolution. This is kind of annoying. Once again, this does not happen when I use haali or something else.

If you can't understand me I'd be ok with making a video to present this problem.
nekrovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2013, 03:26   #16833  |  Link
druneau

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrovski View Post
Hello

I started using madVR and I have stumbled upon a small issue and I'm wondering if there's an option to fix this. I'm positive that it's a madVR issue because it doesn't happen when I use haali or some other thingy.

My desktop resolution is 1440x900 and I mainly watch 720p videos on fullscreen, meaning there are black bars up and down.
Anyways, when I open the video and I use any of the shortcuts in mpchc for fullscreen (there are 2, one that says fullscreen and the other that says fullscreen without resolution change) for a split second the video gets stretched out (covering the black bars) and goes back to it's normal fullscreen/resolution. This is kind of annoying. Once again, this does not happen when I use haali or something else.

If you can't understand me I'd be ok with making a video to present this problem.
Pretty sure this is normal behavior. My understanding is that when you switch to fullscreen the current frame just gets a quick resize to new dimensions, then rendering continues. Unless it doesn't resize for 1 second? On my PC it's like .1sec max.
druneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2013, 05:08   #16834  |  Link
pei

Subtitles using ZoomPlayer in 720p videos with madVR 100% CPU Usage

Hi, when I use subtitles with 720p videos in ZoomPlayer with madVR, it uses 100% of my CPU and drops frames like crazy with VobSub and ffdshow subtitle filter. It will also do it in MPC-HC if I call up ffdshow subtitle filter, but does not have issues natively. So I'm guessing it's something to do with ffdshow subtitle filter and VobSub and 720p, and I've tried every option I can think of. Even when "disabling" the subtitle stream and it's not even showing subtitles it still eats the CPU like crazy.
I've searched and searched on google but to no avail. Can someone point out what is going on here? Thanks so much.

Last edited by pei; 11th January 2013 at 05:18.
pei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2013, 05:47   #16835  |  Link
Asmodian

I am using Zoom Player 8.6 beta 4, LAV Filters 0.55, MadVR v0.85.7, and DirectVobSub 3.0.0.211 (xy-VSFilter).

I can play 720p H.264 with either ASS or SRT subtitiles with ~4% CPU usage.

Sorry it isn't much help diagnosing your issue but at least I can say it isn't a problem with MadVR.

Are you using both ffdshow subtitle filter and DirectVobSub at the same time?

Last edited by Asmodian; 11th January 2013 at 06:48.
Asmodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2013, 08:35   #16836  |  Link
turbojet

Instead of cropping to mod4 what about padding to mod4 instead? But can this only be done when it really needs it, deinterlacing?

The issue with playing multiple videos with dxva2 is in fact a memory issue. I had process explorer set to show gpu system memory instead of gpu dedicated memory. On a 9800GTX 512MB dxva2 takes roughly 200 MB (SD) and 300 MB (HD) at 1680x1050 about half of that at 1024x768. Like system ram it seems to scale by memory capacity, on an intel 3000HD 64 MB dedicated, it takes about 20MB (SD) 30MB (HD) on 1366x768, about 2/3 of that on 1024x768. PS scalers use about half of what dxva2 does. Is there any way to control gpu ram in dxva2?
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2013, 10:03   #16837  |  Link
nx6
Playing with MKV files...

Quote:
Originally Posted by annovif View Post
Don't forget that many people spend thousands of dollars to have a video processor that applies an high level sharpness : Dvdo and Lumagen , for example.
Many people also spend hundreds of dollars on wooden volume knobs for their receivers under some delusion it improves their sound quality

...or hundreds of dollars on Monster cables because all that extra shielding and gold plated connectors make a huge difference on a signal made entirely of 1s and 0s.
Old 11th January 2013, 11:30   #16838  |  Link
pei

Quote:
Originally Posted by pei View Post
Hi, when I use subtitles with 720p videos in ZoomPlayer with madVR, it uses 100% of my CPU and drops frames like crazy with VobSub and ffdshow subtitle filter. It will also do it in MPC-HC if I call up ffdshow subtitle filter, but does not have issues natively. So I'm guessing it's something to do with ffdshow subtitle filter and VobSub and 720p, and I've tried every option I can think of. Even when "disabling" the subtitle stream and it's not even showing subtitles it still eats the CPU like crazy.
I've searched and searched on google but to no avail. Can someone point out what is going on here? Thanks so much.
So I kind of figured it out, it was cuz I had it set to DXVA2 (native), i switched it to DXVA2 (copy-back) in the LAV filter and it works a little better but not totally, still eats my CPU like crazy. ZoomPlayer uses ~33% cpu no subtitles, and about 47% cpu with subtitles... *sigh* Like I said this is for 720p video...
Old 11th January 2013, 11:41   #16839  |  Link
nekrovski

Quote:
Originally Posted by druneau View Post
Pretty sure this is normal behavior. My understanding is that when you switch to fullscreen the current frame just gets a quick resize to new dimensions, then rendering continues. Unless it doesn't resize for 1 second? On my PC it's like .1sec max.
Well I can't really tell whether it's 0.5 or 0.2 or 0.1... it's kind of annoying to me and why it is not normal behavior for other renderers?
nekrovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2013, 11:49   #16840  |  Link
THX-UltraII

I m using latest versions of madVR/MPC-HC/LAV Filters. Is it possible with this software setup to move subtitles when running 2:35:1 content from the black bars (letterbox) up? And if so, is it both possible for BDMV blu-ray structure folder content which has embedded subtitles, and for .m2ts content with added .srt subtitle file.
THX-UltraII is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling