Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion

Old 14th December 2001, 04:01   #1  |  Link
madrona

What is Doom9's response time?

I sent a software submission to submission@doom9.net last week and I've heard nothing back. Does anybody know what his normal response time is in processing new submissions?
madrona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2001, 10:03   #2  |  Link
BlackSun
CoreCodec

What kind of software did you submit to Doom9 ? Lot of tools are not accepted...
Old 14th December 2001, 10:32   #3  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

I got your tool, the first time already. But I'd like to live a life too, and at this time of the year I'm really busy with school as we have a lot of exams. And with all the emails I get, the forum, having to update the page each and every day, and the shitload of server problems occurring right now I really have no time to test your tool, and with a size of 3mb I want to be sure it's useful before I upload anything.

More and more I'm beginning to think that I can't manage the whole workload alone anymore.. I wished I had someone to pre-process all the stuff that comes my way..
Old 14th December 2001, 11:15   #4  |  Link
cofferscuffs
uber-toddler!

Is that a cry for help... I'm sure the majority of people on the forums would love to pay you back in some way for your site.
Old 14th December 2001, 15:55   #5  |  Link
ppera2

Re:

Quote:
Originally posted by Doom9
More and more I'm beginning to think that I can't manage the whole workload alone anymore.. I wished I had someone to pre-process all the stuff that comes my way..
Well, Doom9, you just read my thoughts .
ppera2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2001, 19:21   #6  |  Link
Kaizen
Forum Administrator

Thats what i'm here for :-D

to run the board.....

I get loads of emails and try to answer all of them.
Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2001, 21:11   #7  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

well.. you're here for the board... I was more talking about the site itself. Would be nice to have someone on the other end of the submission email sorting them, test new apps and submit only the important stuff to me. If there's a new version of an already present prog it gets right thru and into the news.. but digging thru all the new submissions and ack that you received them (I know there I have a HUGE problem.. there's a considerable emails that get lost because I don't treat them immediately.. and that kinda makes me look really bad). When I started out the software archive I only put stuff there that I previously tested, but it's been so big now and the submissions are that frequent that I just can't do this anymore... but I still don't want to slip some bad stuff thru so I'm rather conservative when it comes to uploading new apps.
Old 14th December 2001, 23:08   #8  |  Link
Kaizen
Forum Administrator

I have some programming experience.

But I would not be able to test them out fully because i dont know how to rip etc.

I will help in anyway that i can.
Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2001, 23:21   #9  |  Link
madrona

Doom9, I don't know what to say. I didn't mean to sound demanding. I genuinely didn't know if my email was reaching you (like the email address had changed but wasn't reflected on the website yet), or if there were special requirements not mentioned on the submission webpage (like only zip files of less than 1mb each, etc...). I understand your desire to test everything that gets posted, and I am sure that with the volume of submission software that must be extremely demanding of your time.

I appreciate you posting here to let me know my submission reached you. I won't do anything further apart from sending you any new versions of my submitted software as I complete them. It's up to you when and if you post them.

My ONLY suggestion might be to implement an autoresponder of some sort to let senders know their email was received and to let them know that it may take awhile for you to respond or post the submission.

Thanks!
madrona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2001, 23:23   #10  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

we are putting something in place now. in the future all submissions should be acknowledged and will be looked into by a third party to take some of the workload off my shoulders. Once your program has been accepted you'll be given means to bypass this screening process so that your new software will be put online at the earliest possible moment.