Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Closed Thread

Old 8th August 2009, 23:29   #221  |  Link
prokhozhijj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revgen View Post
^I'm not having this problem.
May be this error happens due to my OS (Vista)?

Quote:
Tried NVBeta6?
I do not see NVBeta6 URL o neuron2.net.

Quote:
Try uninstalling and reinstalling drivers?
Why? I had no such problem with NVbeta4.

== Edit 1==
With NVBeta6 the same problem. I found NVBeta6 there http://neuron2.net/dgavcdecnv/NVbeta6.zip

Last edited by prokhozhijj; 8th August 2009 at 23:43.
Old 9th August 2009, 00:55   #222  |  Link

Make sure you have the latest Nvidia drivers installed and try beta 7.
Old 9th August 2009, 07:53   #223  |  Link
cweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokhozhijj View Post
May be this error happens due to my OS (Vista)?

I do not see NVBeta6 URL o neuron2.net.
Just change the link you get from the site, replace the 5 by a 6 and you can download it..
Old 9th August 2009, 21:05   #224  |  Link
prokhozhijj

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Make sure you have the latest Nvidia drivers installed and try beta 7.
With NVBeta7 I have the same issue as with NVBeta5 and NVBeta6.

With NVBeta4 I have no such issue.

I've tried to reinstall NVidia drivers (190.38 International for Vista32, this is latest version for my video card 8800GTS) but it did not help.
Old 10th August 2009, 01:46   #225  |  Link

I'll ask Nvidia about it.
Old 14th August 2009, 15:57   #226  |  Link
prokhozhijj

Quote:
I'll ask Nvidia about it.
Any progress?
Old 14th August 2009, 18:08   #227  |  Link

You're the only guy with this problem. One other person had it and the cause was an old version of the DLL in the Avisynth plugin directory. Have you checked that? It's consistent with the fact tha beta 4 works for you.
Old 14th August 2009, 19:53   #228  |  Link
prokhozhijj

Quote:
You're the only guy with this problem. One other person had it and the cause was an old version of the DLL in the Avisynth plugin directory. Have you checked that? It's consistent with the fact tha beta 4 works for you.
Sorry, Neuron2, but I have two problems. You forgot probably about that. First problem is error generated by your application DGMPGIndexNV.exe after opening vob files - "GPU decoder: Failed to create video decoder [100]". Is this error happens due to old library in Avisynth plugins directory?

After this error arised your application can generate index file but after that I can not legally shutdown the program (through menu or window button "Close").

I've checked my Avisynth version. I wrote already that I have the latest stable official release. This is 2.5.8 AFAIK. But I've reinstalled Avisynth JIC. The second problem still occured when I do not see anything when using avs-script.

Are others guys have Windows Vista 32 SP2? May be problem in operating system difference (Xp SP3 and Vista SP2)?

== Edit 1 ==
I found old version nvcuvid.dll in this folder C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_disp.inf_df3f64cf. In others folders (C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_disp.inf_12c1d22e) there is newest version of this dll. I think that old version of this library saved by OS for possibility to rollback in case when new drivers installed incorrectly.

== Edit 2 ==
Version of DGDecodeNV.dll in NVBeta7.zip is 1.0.2.0. The same version of this library in plugins Avisynth folder. I rewrote this dll in plugins folder from NVBeta7.zip archive.

Last edited by prokhozhijj; 14th August 2009 at 21:07.
Old 14th August 2009, 20:51   #229  |  Link
cweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokhozhijj View Post
I've checked my Avisynth version. I wrote already that I have the latest stable official release. This is 2.5.8 AFAIK. But I've reinstalled Avisynth JIC. The second problem still occured when I do not see anything when using avs-script.

Are others guys have Windows Vista 32 SP2? May be problem in operating system difference (Xp SP3 and Vista SP2)?
I use 2.5.8 (mt version), XP SP3 (32 bit). Im using the beta 6 version successfully.
Old 14th August 2009, 21:16   #230  |  Link

Make sure you have 190.38 or later for your Nvidia driver. Make sure you are not loading a rogue nvcuvid.dll from the past. It should be the latest one installed by Nvidia.

Does it happen with all VOB files?
Old 14th August 2009, 21:49   #231  |  Link
prokhozhijj

Quote:
Make sure you have 190.38 or later for your Nvidia driver. Make sure you are not loading a rogue nvcuvid.dll from the past. It should be the latest one installed by Nvidia.

Does it happen with all VOB files?
Neuron2, please read my previous posts. I've already reinstall all stuff which I can (drivers, Avisynth). Why repeat this question twice?

I did not load nvcuvid.dll from the past. I wrote which dll's from NVidia I have and where they located. Please read my posts carefully.

I've noticed that when I firstly close the project than I can to close DGMPGIndexNV.exe legally.

Issue happens with all VOB files.

Last edited by prokhozhijj; 14th August 2009 at 22:02.
Old 14th August 2009, 22:09   #232  |  Link

I don't know how to help you further.
Old 14th August 2009, 22:12   #233  |  Link
prokhozhijj

Quote:
I don't know how to help you further.

But did you test your soft on Vista 32 SP2? I did not found any restriction (except for deinterlacing) about Vista using.

And may be you'll make your application with extended logging? It may help. I see that you just do not want to investigate my problem. All advices comes to "just reinstall your soft". How you can make conclusion about anything without any logs?

Last edited by prokhozhijj; 14th August 2009 at 22:27.
Old 15th August 2009, 16:17   #234  |  Link
SomeJoe

I believe somewhere on your system is an old version of something, probably something associated with the NVidia drivers.

Be aware that NVidia used to have a large control panel/control suite called nView that was bundled with older versions of their drivers. They removed nView support for GeForce cards in the drivers starting several months ago, nView is for Quadro cards only now.

If you had older nVidia drivers on the system when you upgraded to 190.38, nView may have stayed behind, and it will cause problems with the latest drivers. My recommendation:

1. Remove your nVidia drivers.
2. Remove nView if it is listed in the Add/Remove programs control panel.
3. Do a search on the Windows directory for all nVidia-related DLLs, especially nvcuvid.dll, and delete if any are found.
4. Delete C:\Program Files\nVidia if present.
5. Remove all versions of DG's NV tools from your system, including any DGNV-related DLLs present in C:\Program Files\Avisynth\plugins (like DGDecode.dll)
6. Restart and reinstall nVidia drivers 190.38.
7. Download and unzip the latest DGNV Beta 7 from neuron's site.
8. Try your steps again.

If this does not work, I'm not sure where else to go. Many other people here are running DGNV Tools beta 7 under XP SP3, Vista 32, Vista 64, and Win 7 with no issues.

Edit: Just saw in the other thread that you discovered that your GeForce card may not have sufficient hardware support for the NV Tools. If this turns out to be the case, please disregard.

Last edited by SomeJoe; 15th August 2009 at 16:20.
Old 29th August 2009, 19:56   #235  |  Link
rica

Hi neuron.
Sorry in advance if i've missed something since i've been away for a while.

I have DGMPGNV 1.0.2.0.

I have this system:

Here is the MediaInfo report of the original VOB:

And here is the sample rar including log, original VOB and dgm files:

http://rapidshare.com/files/273106157/DG.rar.html

1) Log is empty.
2) Created dgm is slow-motion.
3) Even MediaInfo says the original is progressive and even more "enable purevideo deinterlacer" is selected in "double rate", interlacing artifacts are very clear.

What's wrong with me?
Old 29th August 2009, 20:17   #236  |  Link
rica

Quote:
Originally Posted by rica View Post
What's wrong with me?
Missing DGNVTools beta
Old 30th August 2009, 00:59   #237  |  Link

The logs were broken. I have just updated beta 9 with the fix for the logs.

Regarding your interlacing, the stream is hosed. Turn off deinterlacing, serve the video with SeparateFields() to look at the source fields. See what I mean?

I don't know what you mean by the dgm is slow-motion. Please redownload beta 9 and try with that, and if there is an issue tell me what you do to make it happen.
Old 30th August 2009, 01:14   #238  |  Link
rica

neuron,

i've already done.

No problem left here.

Sorry, but i haven't been realized DGTools beta until now.

I was dreaming this morning a software which makes HW decoding-resizing on the fly like SimHD and now i found it.

Thanks neuron.

Here are my test results:

aviscrypt:

Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\users\rica\desktop\Tools\DGNVTools\DGDecodeNV.dll")

DGSource("C:\users\rica\desktop\Copy\DG_Newest\output_newest.dgm", resize_w=1280, resize_h=720)

WMP:

GraphEdit:

GraphStudio:

Thanks again

Last edited by rica; 30th August 2009 at 01:24.
Old 30th August 2009, 01:20   #239  |  Link

You've helped me a lot in the past, rica, so you know I'll get right on the case when you call. Thanks for pointing out the problem with the logs.
Old 30th August 2009, 01:23   #240  |  Link
rica

Always pleasure
Closed Thread