Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Closed Thread

Old 1st December 2008, 11:22   #741  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
If you are looking for a player, try MPC Home Theater version, which supports DXVA.
well that's the thing.
I wanna use CUDA to decode H264 so I can use ffdshow A/V on top of it.
DXVA in MPC means no ffdshow.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by squid_80 View Post
Sorry for the confusion, I was quoting you to demonstrate to leeperry that the topic has already been covered in this thread and that the information available on wikipedia etc. is generally inaccurate.
well the 9500GT is also G98.
and from what DXVAChecker tells me, it seems to support full bitstream H264 & VC1
Old 1st December 2008, 14:13   #742  |  Link

I don't have any plans to write a DirectShow filter. But you could write one based on my open source code for the CUVID server and client.
Old 1st December 2008, 17:45   #743  |  Link
kai0n7

Hi Donald,

I'm having an issue when using DGAVCDecNV which I hope you might be able to help me out with:

When I use the "trim" function in avisynth, the frame numbers don't seem to be matching up to what I see when I view the whole file. For example, I open my avs file in Virtualdub, and want to isolate a scene that plays between frames 1000-2000. When I add the trim command with that frame range specified to the script, it seems to be starting at frame 1002. In order to get all the frames I want, I need to change the start of the trim to 998. This happens with every bluray stream I've ripped thus far.

My apologies if this is a known issue that has already been covered.
Old 1st December 2008, 18:35   #744  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai0n7 View Post
This happens with every bluray stream I've ripped thus far.
Then please provide a source stream fragment and script that will allow me to duplicate the issue.

EDIT: I've now duplicated it. Investigating...

Last edited by Guest; 1st December 2008 at 23:47.
Old 2nd December 2008, 00:23   #745  |  Link
kai0n7

Quote:
Then please provide a source stream fragment and script that will allow me to duplicate the issue.

EDIT: I've now duplicated it. Investigating...
Well, since I went through the trouble, here's a link to the sample clip you requested anyways:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RR7BDFGW

Here's the script:

Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\DGAVCDecodeNV.dll")
avcsource("D:\00002.dga")
Trim(133,351)
It's weird... the only time it hasn't occurred for me is if I play the file from beginning to end in virtualdub, then seek until I find the trimming points. If I seek right after opening the file, usually it pulls this weirdness.

Hope its something simple. ^_^
Old 2nd December 2008, 00:24   #746  |  Link
Clumpco

Neuron2

One or two little bugs.

I used to use the Nvidia mpeg decoder for my Sat card viewer (DVBViewer) - now if the CUVID server is running the video pauses every second or so. Obviously fixed by choosing a different mpeg decoder but a bit of a niggle all the same.

I had a bluescreen a short time after I began the second pass on a Megui/x264 encode.

Code:
EventID 1003
Code erreur 1000008e, paramètre 1 c000001d, paramètre 2 d33c0005, \
paramètre 3 baa67a30, paramètre 4 00000000.
This is usually a driver/hardware problem if I remember correctly and may actually have nothing to do with DGAVCDecNV.

I have turned down Megui priority to "Normal" and done another encode since with no problems.

Cheers

Last edited by Guest; 2nd December 2008 at 01:03.
Old 2nd December 2008, 01:03   #747  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai0n7 View Post
Hope its something simple.
Not simple, but not too hard. libavcodec drops nondecodable orphaned frames while CUDA does not. I needed to allow for that difference. It will happen only with open GOPs, so you must have the Treat I as IDR option enabled. If you disable that it won't happen. Anyway, I have fixed it and will release it soon. Thank you for your trouble report.
Old 2nd December 2008, 01:07   #748  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumpco View Post
I used to use the Nvidia mpeg decoder for my Sat card viewer (DVBViewer) - now if the CUVID server is running the video pauses every second or so. Obviously fixed by choosing a different mpeg decoder but a bit of a niggle all the same.
What do you mean by "CUVID server is running"? You mean sitting there idle in the taskbar, or actively decoding? If the former it's a bug, if the latter, what do you expect, given that the processes have to share the GPU? I'm surprised the latter case works at all and doesn't garble up the encode.

Quote:
I had a bluescreen a short time after I began the second pass on a Megui/x264 encode.
Maybe your machine is not fully stable. Is it overclocked?
Old 2nd December 2008, 08:02   #749  |  Link
Clumpco

Quote:
What do you mean by "CUVID server is running"? You mean sitting there idle in the taskbar, or actively decoding? If the former it's a bug, if the latter, what do you expect, given that the processes have to share the GPU? I'm surprised the latter case works at all and doesn't garble up the encode.
When it happened the server was idling. I turned if off and the problem stopped. However it does not seem to happen if I haven't been encoding, only after the server has been used. I will do some testing this evening and try to define the exact circumstances.

Quote:
Maybe your machine is not fully stable. Is it overclocked?
The machine was rock solid before I swapped out my 7600 for the 9600. No CPU overclock, memory is 900MHz underclocked at 824 MHz and no graphics overclocking. I have two 120mm case fans and a 120mm fan in the psu. CPU cooler is an Asus Silent Square.

However, like you, I suspect a stability problem because fitting the 9600 (and the latest driver - 180.48) also broke Xvid (cured by a re-install) and h164ts_cutter refuses to show any video except immediately after a re-boot.

I know that this thread is probably not the correct place to discuss this if it is my machine that is at fault rather than your excellent software, but if anyone has any ideas?

Cheers
Old 2nd December 2008, 17:42   #750  |  Link
hklck516

dgavcdecnv can support deinterlace - MBAFF or not ??
Old 2nd December 2008, 18:06   #751  |  Link
Clumpco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumpco View Post
When it happened the server was idling. I turned if off and the problem stopped. However it does not seem to happen if I haven't been encoding, only after the server has been used. I will do some testing this evening and try to define the exact circumstances.
Spot on Neuron2! It only actually starts pausing if some frame serving/encoding goes on while using the NVidia mpeg decoderboth (It doesn't do it if indexing). If you stop encoding, the pauses continue and only shutting down the server or the decoder clears it.

SO not a bug after all. However it might be an idea to test if the NVidia mpeg encoder is being used when frame serving starts and issuing a warning?

I suspect that the blue screen might be linked to me having run
both together and not having stopped/restarted the server before doing another encode.

h164ts_cutter problem looks as if it's linked to the Cyberlink h264 decoder being broken - removing it now.

Cheers
Old 2nd December 2008, 18:28   #752  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by hklck516 View Post
dgavcdecnv can support deinterlace - MBAFF or not ??
Your question is unclear so I'll make some statements and hope to answer you.

DGAVCDecNV can decode MBAFF correctly.

DGAVCDecNV can deinterlace via Nvidia PureVideo.

You can alternatively deinterlace using any Avisynth deinterlacer in your Avisynth script.

If I've missed your point, please clarify it.
Old 2nd December 2008, 19:24   #753  |  Link
ultratoto14

Hi neuron2, any news on MPEG2 and VC1 support ?
Old 2nd December 2008, 19:57   #754  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultratoto14 View Post
Hi neuron2, any news on MPEG2 and VC1 support ?
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=142961
Old 2nd December 2008, 20:34   #755  |  Link

Version 1.0.8

* Fix bug in demuxing of DTS audio tracks.

* Fix problem with random access.

http://neuron2.net/dgavcdecnv/dgavcdecnv.html
Old 2nd December 2008, 23:25   #756  |  Link
ultratoto14

Great, i follow this thread and do not see the other, will try it as soon as i get a source. Thanks for your work.
Old 4th December 2008, 13:19   #757  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
I don't have any plans to write a DirectShow filter. But you could write one based on my open source code for the CUVID server and client.
that's too bad....coz if you wanna go shareware I believe there's far more $$$ to make from a DXVA decoder that's compatible w/ ffdshow & any video renderer/player, than w/ some Avisynth plugin for encoders.

plus I see you're also working on VC1, that would be a nice combo.

CoreAVC isn't gonna support CUDA before a long while, and their CoreVC1 vaporware isn't gonna show up anytime soon either.

you're the code guru and the ffdshow coders are registered users of this forum, maybe a simple option could make your server compatible w/ ffdshow using an AVS call ?

Last edited by leeperry; 4th December 2008 at 13:26.
Old 4th December 2008, 13:37   #758  |  Link
CruNcher

indeed a direct implementation via the Ncuvid API inside ffdshow would rock so selecting Nvidia in the Dropdown instead of libavcodec and then adding Nvidias De-Interlacer to the De-Interlacing Options
Leeperry there are already a lot of DXVA Decoder available MPC- Video Decoder, Cyberlink , Intervideo (Corel), Arcsoft, Elecard (DivX) currently

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 4th December 2008 at 13:52.
Old 4th December 2008, 13:46   #759  |  Link
video_magic

Perhaps I will appear as a fool, perhaps not.

Many of these experts, including Neuron2, have given of their time whether it be coding-knowledge, contributions in code, or general advice to newbies - so the majority of us - recipients of their kindness in sharing, should probably be thankful.

If you are going to file bug-reports, spend a little extra time before posting, prepare - post usefully.

Be thankful if you haven't paid nor contributed. Complaints or wishes? - ask and give details rather than just complain.
Old 4th December 2008, 14:11   #760  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruNcher View Post
Leeperry there are already a lot of DXVA Decoder available MPC- Video Decoder, Cyberlink , Intervideo (Corel), Arcsoft, Elecard (DivX) currently
well yeah, I'm the one who translated the official MPC HC website from french to english, I know that

but they only work in NV12 and/or VMR9/EVR(on Vista), and you can't add ffdshow post-processing...and on ATI cards you get that lousy red blockiness(the drivers are unable to do progressively upsampled chroma RGB32).

so adding support for neuron2's code in ffdshow would allow post-processing in combination w/ DXVA...in any video renderer/player you want....be it MCE/WMP/KMP in EVR(on XP)/VMR7/HR/Mplayer OGL renderers.

that'd be a major leap for HTPC's I think.

Last edited by leeperry; 4th December 2008 at 14:14.
Closed Thread