Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12th April 2009, 20:51   #21  |  Link
larénion

Here is the link

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b...018c8114394287

2 files .zip (I had to create 2 files to upload)
larénion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 18:59   #22  |  Link
b66pak

here is my avs:

Code:
DGDecode_mpeg2source("F:\VTS_01_1.d2v", info=3)

ColorMatrix(hints=true, interlaced=true, threads=0)

#blank deinterlace line

crop( 4, 2, -4, -2)

Spline36Resize(720,528) # Spline36 (Neutral)

#denoise

the audio has a +192 ms delay...

here is the encoded version (h264@1000mbs in .mkv + original .ac3)

http://www.mediafire.com/?xlhxn2tmbja
_
b66pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2009, 19:52   #23  |  Link
larénion

Hi,
Thanks for your job.

I download the .mkv
How did you find the +192ms delay?

Do you have an idea of the origin of this delay?
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:10   #24  |  Link
larénion

Hi,

The initial vob and the dvd have already an V/A delay, so to get the exact sync, 192ms is a good value.

But to have the same delay of the dvd, I think that 50 ms is perhaps good.

So to conclude, I have 10 small pgc ( of 5 min cartoons) on the dvd. Each cartoons produce a 50ms delay when we make the .avs
When I encode the entire dvd, I note an approximately 500ms delay between Video and audio at the end of the film but it is progressive delay!!!

So if I can't remove those delays, can somebody tell me how can modify the framerate of the video (in the .avs script?) to make the V/A synch at the end of the film.

Thanks for help
Old 2nd May 2009, 05:49   #25  |  Link
sat-jokar

this is from one guy name guns1inger and its work fantastic ,

Quote:
open the avi in g-spot 2.60beta and check the audio. There is a good chance that the audio has been encoded with VBR MP3, which seems to cause sync issues with a lot of encoders. The latest version of ConvertXtoDVD (DivxtoDVD's big brother) has a lot less problems with it, but even it isn't immune.

If this is the case, open the avi in virtualdubmod (click OK to the VBR warning you will get), then go Streams->Stream List. Right click on the audio and select Full Processing. Right-click again and select Compression. Choose Uncompressed PCM. Click OK, then click Save WAV and create new file. The file size should be around 100mb per 10 minutes of footage (i.e. 90 minute file should produce a 900mb file, give or take a few MB). Once this completes, click on Add, and select your wav file. Click on the MP3 audio track, then click on the disable button. Click OK, then go File->Save as. Make sure it is set to Direct Stream Copy, and save a new avi file with just your new audio track. Finally, open this new avi file, and test it for audio sync. If everything is good, use this in DivxtoDVD and see how it goes.

Of course, if it isn't VBR MP3 audio, you have something else to worry about, so do a scan for bad frames in virtualdubmod at this point.

the source

http://forum.videohelp.com/topic309224.html
sat-jokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 05:38   #26  |  Link
7ekno

Tried DGIndexing each individual cartoon as the video starts (to avoid the common anti-ripping measure of blank audio cells to havoc sync)?!?

That is, find the first full video frame, step one frame back from that, and mark the DGIndex start, then set the end marker at the end of video ...

Use DGIndex on each cartoon, queue them all in MeGUI seperately (but can keep the single VOB in which they will reference) ...

Progressive sync problems are either VBR audio issues, or blank audio cells in the VOB inserted delibreately to hamper ripping (a common Disney trick) ...

7ek