Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 24th March 2004, 09:02   #141  |  Link
hypo20

Quote:
Originally posted by jdobbs
@hypo20At any rate it pointed directly to the problem. All I had to do was run IFOEdit against my output, compare it to a first run with a file compare -- and it pointed me directly to the error. I'm just happy to be putting this one behind me.

MB: MSI K8D Master F
CPU: 2x AMD Opteron 244 (1800Mhz)
SYS HDD: Maxtor Atlas 36GB SCSI 10K RPM
DATA HDD: 3.2TB RAID6 SCSI DISK SUBSYSTEM
VGA: MSI GeforceFX 9590Ultra 256MB DDRAM ViVo
MONITOR: iMAC 19" 16:9 LCD
CASE: ThermalTake Xaser III Silver
RAM: 12GB DDR400 ECC (6x Kingston KVR333X72RC25/2G)
KB & MOUSE: MS Optical Wireless Desktop
DVD-RW: NEC ND-2500A
DVD-ROM: Pioneer DVD-120
VIDEO CARD: Matrox RT.X100 Xtreme Pro
hypo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2004, 09:27   #142  |  Link
KungFuCow

Im running a test now to confirm this but I wanted to toss it out there now just in case before JDobbs checks this in the morning.

I believe that using the "Remove All DTS" option screws up DVD-RB's target sizing. Ive done the same DVD over and over (and over) testing this app and the size has always been spot on. Tonight I tried it with the "Remove All DTS" option ticked and the DVD came out about 800MB too small (And no, the DVD should have still been full sized even without the DTS streams) so I wanted to report on this so JDobbs could check it out.

Anyone else notice this?
KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2004, 09:29   #143  |  Link
robgarib

Sorry
i have posted the bug report without viewing before the last pages of the thead where the audio problem is solved with version 0.23.
I'll download it immediately.
Thanks Jdobbs for your beautiful program.
robgarib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2004, 09:44   #144  |  Link
JvD
VSOP

KungFuCow, I noticed the same thing. Didnt really think of it but I say that the produced sets of DVD files was smaller than 4.37, like 1gb or so. This on a movie with five audio tracks. I removed all but one. So I THINK you might have a point.

I tried the new version (0,23) during the night, recoding Reservoir Dogs (Complet, not stripped). I didnt touch anything. Ripped the files and fired DVD-RB away. Went to sleep and woke up to my usual Runtime 9 error. Happy? No! I allways thought that the problem was in the app BUT now I wonder. I cant do anything right now but Ill report back later. Ill try reinstall Avisynth 2.54 and look foth the .avs extension mentioned by 2COOL.
JvD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2004, 10:12   #145  |  Link
Pedro Gouveia

jdobbs thanx 4 the quick fix

moving on on bug report. new version 0.23 rebuilds ok... but VTS_XX_0.IFO differs from VTS_XX_0.BUP

In *.BUP
- menu attributes changes
- In VTSI_MAT audio attributes changes, sub-pic_X changes

A Quick fix 4 this is to open all *.IFO in ifoedit and save overwriting *.BUP or use the dos command COPY *.IFO *.BUP
in directory VIDEO_TS just created by RB

Last edited by Pedro Gouveia; 24th March 2004 at 12:25.
Pedro Gouveia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2004, 10:35   #146  |  Link
gvittoz

Hi
Thank you very much for your work...
I installed dvdrb and tried to work but after the first scanning and writing. D2V files it stop with this message: "Erreur d'execution '9': indice en dehors de la plage"

Do you understand ???
My computer is with XP professionnal in French is it important ???

Thanks for your work
gvittoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2004, 10:48   #147  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally posted by robgarib
I have encoded 2 dvd with Dvd Rebuilder.
In both cases i don't have any error during the process and the result is a video_ts folder of 4.30 gb with very good quality.
When i test the files on hard disk with power dvd everything is ok but when i burn them on a dvd+rw for testing on a dvd case (philips dvd 612) i don't hear any audio in any language.

These are my settings:

Dvd 1:
Ocean Eleven pal italian-english
dvd rebuilder 0.21
Cce 2.67.00.23 trial + eclcce
Avisinth 2.54 + dvd2avi dg

Dvd 2:
Spiderman disk 1 pal italian-english
dvd rebuilder 0.22
Cce 2.67.00.23 trial + eclcce
Avisinth 2.54 + dvd2avi dg + alternative Mpeg2Dec3
Use the latest version (above 0.23), it fixes the "audio missing" problem.
Old 24th March 2004, 10:51   #148  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally posted by KungFuCow
Im running a test now to confirm this but I wanted to toss it out there now just in case before JDobbs checks this in the morning.

I believe that using the "Remove All DTS" option screws up DVD-RB's target sizing. Ive done the same DVD over and over (and over) testing this app and the size has always been spot on. Tonight I tried it with the "Remove All DTS" option ticked and the DVD came out about 800MB too small (And no, the DVD should have still been full sized even without the DTS streams) so I wanted to report on this so JDobbs could check it out.

Anyone else notice this?
Very possible. I'll go back and check it tonight.
Old 24th March 2004, 10:54   #149  |  Link
broken_bricks

Downloaded version 0.23 and still getting the same problem as below, anyone have any idea what it could be.
This is from a homemade 2 Disc DVD-R of a concert that I want to convert to 1 DVD-R with menu.
I extracted both discs renamed the VOB's and used VOBedit to join clips. I then used IFOedit and did the "Get VTS Sectors"

I know this worked because I used Intervideo DVD Copy and it worked and saved the menu's etc...

Any ideas or suggestions why I am getting the "Error in UpdateIFO: Shouldn't happen - contact developer" - seems to happen when it is in the updating ifo, stage if that makes sense.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally posted by broken_bricks
1. DVD-R Version: 0.21
2. Encoder being used: CCE 2.50
3. Using eclCCE? Y
4. Bug encountered: After it went through all the encoding I get this error "Error in UpdateIFO: Shouldn't happen - contact developer"
When I hit Ok I get "Stop statement encountered"
Then I hit ok and the program disappears.

Any idea what might cause this?

Thanks.
broken_bricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2004, 10:55   #150  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally posted by gvittoz
Hi
Thank you very much for your work...
I installed dvdrb and tried to work but after the first scanning and writing. D2V files it stop with this message: "Erreur d'execution '9': indice en dehors de la plage"

Do you understand ???
My computer is with XP professionnal in French is it important ???

Thanks for your work
The problem is probably an incorrect installation of AVISYNTH 2.54
Old 24th March 2004, 11:00   #151  |  Link
RB
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Purplered
this is what i get every time i want to use RB

Purplered
Finding Nemo R2/PAL has multiple angles. As jdobbs stated multiple times, this is not yet supported.
RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2004, 11:07   #152  |  Link
gvittoz

thanks for the answer (very quick)
I installed Avisynth normaly in C: programes files
how I have to do
Old 24th March 2004, 11:09   #153  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally posted by broken_bricks
Downloaded version 0.23 and still getting the same problem as below, anyone have any idea what it could be.
This is from a homemade 2 Disc DVD-R of a concert that I want to convert to 1 DVD-R with menu.
I extracted both discs renamed the VOB's and used VOBedit to join clips. I then used IFOedit and did the "Get VTS Sectors"

I know this worked because I used Intervideo DVD Copy and it worked and saved the menu's etc...

Any ideas or suggestions why I am getting the "Error in UpdateIFO: Shouldn't happen - contact developer" - seems to happen when it is in the updating ifo, stage if that makes sense.

Thanks.
As I recall this means there is an error in which the IFO is referencing a VOBID/CELLID that does not exist.
Old 24th March 2004, 11:18   #154  |  Link
acido

Quote:
Originally posted by hypo20
@jdobbs

It was not to you. It was to ACIDO.
This is not about crediting me or someone else. But when someone just copy and paste someone else's post (or it's main part) and then publish it as his own....that's what I'm not accepting.

But this is off-topic. Let's test new version of YOUR baby.
If you read my original post carefully ...
I have NOT TOLD "I SOLVED THE PROBLEM" but "PROBLEM WAS SOLVED by" and i pointed also to the specific SKIPPING CHAPTERS one.
You have the ownership of the post but was unclear what it was useful for, i don't want to take any kind of credits, i just only want DVD-RB to be fully functional.
Your post really helped me to create a perfect backup, glad this let jdobbs discover the problem inside navpacks.
So ... peace,i owe you a beer ;-)
Ciao.
acido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2004, 11:19   #155  |  Link
gvittoz

Quote:
Originally posted by RB
Finding Nemo R2/PAL has multiple angles. As jdobbs stated multiple times, this is not yet supported.
This is the same error
but I've got just one angle also why ???
Old 24th March 2004, 12:12   #156  |  Link
petesafool

Odd errors

Don't know if it will help anyone but...

Early on when using v0.15 i was getting a lot of hangs and errors from CCE & DVD-RB (as well as those damn multiple .ecl windows . Anyway I noticed my Norton Antivirus 2004 (SystemWorks installation) was waiting for a scan of my DVD files. Turning it off before running DVD-RB got rid of the problem.

I mention it because because Norton also seems to screw up other things on my system unless it's turned off:

* VOB InstantDisc v6.5, it crashes and restarts the PC every time I burn a DVD - although the DVD is burned properly so it's not too bad.
* Sometimes takes explorer multiple attempts at copying and pasting data files from a CD/DVD while Norton 'requests' scans.

@hypo20
Could I have a little clarification on 'Everything other you should leave as it is' in the IFOedit fix please. That means leave 'strip streams checked'? As my DVD-RB'd Pirates of the Caribean still lists the multiple audios and IFOedit unchecks them. Am I just running this to correct the IFO/BUPs?

Last edited by petesafool; 24th March 2004 at 12:21.
petesafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2004, 13:28   #157  |  Link
gvittoz

Thank you for the answer
I tried but it's not that
I'm just sorry I don't speak english very well
Old 24th March 2004, 13:44   #158  |  Link
Pedro Gouveia

Jdobbs! Hi again. After analysing a VOB created by RB and the same VOB corrected by ifo edit, there seem to be an error on some of the navigation packs.
The "offset to audio packet for audio stream X" is pointing to the "right AC3-Audio Pack"+1.

In my case the first wrong Nav Pack was the second one in the VOB

Hope this helps
Pedro Gouveia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2004, 13:59   #159  |  Link
brikin

I know everyone is getting the 9 error but has anyone got the 5 error?

DVD Rebuilder v0.23
QuEnc 0.43

Problem:
When I press Rebuild I get a "Run Time error '5' Invalid procedure call or argument error" that closes the program down.

I see the progress bar go up for VTS_01_00.VOB to 100% then it flips to VTS_03_01.VOB really quick and throws this error. This all happens within 3 seconds of pushing the button. In the status window I see

Copying IFO, BUP, and menu files...
Processing VTS_01
Rebuilding segment 0 VOBID:1 CELLID:1

Let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks for the tool
brikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2004, 14:16   #160  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally posted by acido
If you read my original post carefully ...
I have NOT TOLD "I SOLVED THE PROBLEM" but "PROBLEM WAS SOLVED by" and i pointed also to the specific SKIPPING CHAPTERS one.
You have the ownership of the post but was unclear what it was useful for, i don't want to take any kind of credits, i just only want DVD-RB to be fully functional.
Your post really helped me to create a perfect backup, glad this let jdobbs discover the problem inside navpacks.
So ... peace,i owe you a beer ;-)
Ciao.
If you're handing out beers...