Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 29th January 2008, 09:24   #3081  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickardk View Post
All channels are written (and in correct blu-ray lpcm order) when I connect the dump filter to haali media splitter in graph edit. Same thing with another sample from another 8channel lpcm track.

I also have samples with 6 channel LPCM. Same dwChannelMask: 0x00000003 but all 6 channels is working with ffdshow!

Any ideas why?

Maybe earlier ffdshow had a workaround or did not depend on having a valid dwChannelMask?
Im 100% sure I played 8 channels from Crank Blu-ray with one of the first ffdshow revs with 8 channel support.
It doesn't matter. dwChannelMask MUST be valid (or 0).
Quote:
May this be a Haali Media Splitter thing?
I think Haali can tell you if the file is broken or he can fix it.
Quote:
Is a workaround possible?
It is possible. If Haali said he can't support you, please let me know.

Last edited by haruhiko_yamagata; 29th January 2008 at 09:57.
haruhiko_yamagata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 16:00   #3082  |  Link
rickardk

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruhiko_yamagata View Post
It doesn't matter. dwChannelMask MUST be valid (or 0).I think Haali can tell you if the file is broken or he can fix it.
It is possible. If Haali said he can't support you, please let me know.
I also tested 12 titles in original m2ts (2 titles with 8 ch LPCM and 10 titles with 6 ch LPCM). Using Haali Media Splitter they all use dwChannelMask: 0x00000003.

All 10 titles with 6 ch LPCM does work with ffdshow even though they use wrong channel mask. But the 2 titles with 8 ch will not work.

So I guess the files are not broken.

I have PM:ed Haali and waiting for response.

EDITED:

Haali will fix this in next release!

Last edited by rickardk; 30th January 2008 at 10:41.
rickardk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 02:16   #3083  |  Link
ImAhNoBoDy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
The mixer works perfectly fine for me in the latest build. And afaik nothing has changed recently to that part of ffdshow.

Use this to reset your ffdshow settings to defaults:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GNU\ffdshow]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GNU\ffdshow_audio]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GNU\ffdshow_vfw]
So basically just delete ffdshow folders with regedit? o.O
ImAhNoBoDy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 08:44   #3084  |  Link
rickardk

I have a suggestion:

In ffdshow audio it would be great to have access to ffdshow video stuff in the preset autoload page. I will explain why...

Been working with my audio/video setup for a couple of days and found out that I have to use diffrent delays on audio to get perfect lip sync when using diffrent refresh rates on my graphic card.

I have a Pioneer lx608 Kuro display that can use all kinds of refresh rates. Diffrent refresh rates may introduce diffrent video delays. And someone may have additional video post processing taking place in the display for just a certain refresh rate. As an example there is 150ms diffrence in audio between setting the graphic card refresh rate at 23.976Hz and 59.94Hz. Not sure if the graphic card also introduces diffrent video delays at diffrent refresh rates.

So there is really a need to have diffrent audio presets loaded at diffrent frame rates (movie fps).
Also diffrent video codecs may give additional video delay I think. Because I have to switch audio delay when using CoreAVC and libav.

So if we could have video codec and fps available in ffdshow audio preset auto loading conditions it would help alot!

-----------------------------------------------------------
The author of Media Control working on having Vista Media Center switching the refresh rate to match the frame rate on video. Media Control gets the fps from ffdshow video.
So I guess ffdshow audio could also read the frame rate from ffdshow video?

Is this feature possible?

Last edited by rickardk; 31st January 2008 at 09:17.
Old 31st January 2008, 11:24   #3085  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickardk View Post
I have a suggestion:

In ffdshow audio it would be great to have access to ffdshow video stuff in the preset autoload page. I will explain why...

Been working with my audio/video setup for a couple of days and found out that I have to use diffrent delays on audio to get perfect lip sync when using diffrent refresh rates on my graphic card.

I have a Pioneer lx608 Kuro display that can use all kinds of refresh rates. Diffrent refresh rates may introduce diffrent video delays. And someone may have additional video post processing taking place in the display for just a certain refresh rate. As an example there is 150ms diffrence in audio between setting the graphic card refresh rate at 23.976Hz and 59.94Hz. Not sure if the graphic card also introduces diffrent video delays at diffrent refresh rates.

So there is really a need to have diffrent audio presets loaded at diffrent frame rates (movie fps).
Also diffrent video codecs may give additional video delay I think. Because I have to switch audio delay when using CoreAVC and libav.

So if we could have video codec and fps available in ffdshow audio preset auto loading conditions it would help alot!

-----------------------------------------------------------
The author of Media Control working on having Vista Media Center switching the refresh rate to match the frame rate on video. Media Control gets the fps from ffdshow video.
So I guess ffdshow audio could also read the frame rate from ffdshow video?

Is this feature possible?
I think it is not possible to get fps from ffdshow audio at the time of loading preset.
It is done at the early stage of DirectShow filter connection.
It is possible to get fps during playback though.

You can use video delay (in "Queue & misc" page) instead.
Decrease video delay to increase audio delay.
In ffdshow audio configuration, set constant audio delay.
Old 31st January 2008, 11:33   #3086  |  Link
rickardk

You just made my day!!
I thought video delay was global.
One step closer to the perfect setup...Thanks!!!
Old 31st January 2008, 18:22   #3087  |  Link
jeffy

I don't know how to solve the following problem, therefore I am asking someone wise for help.

When I encode a standard definition PAL video (720 × 576 pixels) into the following format in VirtualDubMod, I keep getting some dropped frames on playback in Media Player Classic. My CPU is E6600 C2D, currently 3.51 GHz, 800 MHz DDR2 RAM (780 effective), GPU GF6200 (128 MB DDR onboard, non-Turbo Cache version), Windows XP SP2:

Codec: ffdshow video codec, MPEG-4, fourcc XVID, one pass quality 90, Quantization type H263, macroblock decision mode: fewest bits, ME compare functions: SAD+chroma, Subpixel ME...: SAD, Macroblock compare: SAD, EPSZ: 1 diamond, all other settings default, 1 thread, no b-frames, output format: bobbed video 720 × 576 × 50 fps. The harddrive should be no issue as well, according to HDTune benchmark approx. 60 MB/sec.

Can you please help me? What should I set in ffdshow to get the rid of the dropped frames? Or what else could I try? CPU usage is only 2-6%! I have even tried queue output samples in the ffdshow settings, yet MPC is still dropping some frames. Under decoder options I have even unchecked Drop frame on delay 1500 ms.

Thank you for your help.
jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2008, 02:12   #3088  |  Link
thuan

@ffdshow_tryouts devs: I have a problem with ffdshow_tryouts Keys&Remote enabled which is descibed here http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...78#post1094678 and the forth post down. Please take a look.
thuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2008, 10:12   #3089  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuan View Post
@ffdshow_tryouts devs: I have a problem with ffdshow_tryouts Keys&Remote enabled which is descibed here http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...78#post1094678 and the forth post down. Please take a look.
Thanks, I can reproduce.
Old 1st February 2008, 12:04   #3090  |  Link
chros

@jeffy: what kind of renderer are you using? On secondary monitor?
Try Overlay in MPC, and see what's happening ...

(For me a 1280x720 59.94fps x264 didn't go well with Haali's+ffdshow+sec-monitor on Athlon X2 4600+, I had to switch to Overlay+CoreAVC and this time it wasn't perfect as well, but it's acceptable ...)
chros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2008, 18:02   #3091  |  Link
taklubaba

ffdshow build on VS 2005 and inserting ffdshow filter in Graph Edit.

Hi,
I have built ffdshow source (ffdshow_beta1_20061211) on Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.
The ffdshow filters gets registered and can be seen in the Graph Edit Insert Filters list.
When I try to insert the registered ffdshow filter, ffdshow video encoder filter to be precise, the Graph Edit gives an error message "The filter cannot be added to the graph. No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection. (Return code: 0x80040217) ".

Before building the ffdshow source and registering the filters, I had installed the ffdshow-rev1803_20080120_xxl.exe. Here too the ffdshow related filters were seen in Graph Edit, and in this case I was able to insert and use the ffdshow video encoder filter in Graph Edit.

What then am I missing in the building of the ffdshow source code?
Do I have to build it in some specified way?
Do I have to add some other code/project and build the same?
Do I have to install some other packages?

Please help.
Thanks,
Taklu.
taklubaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2008, 18:35   #3092  |  Link
clsid

The files libavcodec.dll and libmplayer.dll must be present in the same directory as ffdshow.ax.
Old 3rd February 2008, 01:37   #3093  |  Link
Delerue

I want to thank you, dev guys, for the last two patches (H.264 deinterlace and DVD menu with resize bug). Very good things, IMO.
Delerue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 00:09   #3094  |  Link
cc979
Curious BetaTester

i just tried to compile svn 1842 but got this error:

Code:
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/User/svn/ffdshow-tryout/ffdshow-tryout/src/subtitles'
gcc -c -mno-cygwin -mdll -fno-rtti -mthreads -pipe -D_WINGDI_ -DUCLIBCPP -D_GLIBCPP_HAVE_MBSTATE_T -D_WIN32_IE=0x0500 -DARCH_IS_IA32 -DARCH_IS_32BIT -DHAVE_MMX -mmmx -msse -mfpmath=sse -w -DNDEBUG -UDEBUG -DFFDEBUG=0 -I. -I.. -Iuclibc++ -Ibaseclasses -I../baseclasses -IimgFilters -I../imgFilters -Implayer -I../mplayer -Isettings -I../settings -Isettings/filters -I../settings/filters -Icodecs -I../codecs -Isubtitles -I../subtitles -Iconvert -I../convert -Idialog -I../dialog -IaudioFilters -I../audioFilters -Icygwin -I../cygwin -Iffmpeg -I../ffmpeg -Iacm -I../acm -Ifilters -I../filters -Imuxers -I../muxers -I/dx/Include -L/dx/MingLib -ldx9 -O2 -march=pentium-mmx -mtune=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer -finline-functions -finline -frename-registers -fweb -funit-at-a-time -MMD -o ffdshow_subtitles_all.o ffdshow_subtitles_all.cpp
TsubtitleText.cpp: In member function 'void TsubtitleTextBase<tchar>::prepareKaraoke()':
TsubtitleText.cpp:1242: error: there are no arguments to 'clear' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of 'clear' must be available
TsubtitleText.cpp:1242: error: (if you use '-fpermissive', G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
make[1]: *** [ffdshow_subtitles_all.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/User/svn/ffdshow-tryout/ffdshow-tryout/src/subtitles'
make: *** [lib] Error 2

Tools: ProcessExplorer & ProcessMonitor - BatchCompressor

Guide: MinGW Compiling GCC
cc979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 00:19   #3095  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

just read this:

Revision 1837 - Directory Listing
Modified Sat Feb 2 12:56:58 2008 UTC (34 hours, 18 minutes ago) by clsid2

Updated libavcodec.
H.264 decoding now supports interlaced + spacial direct mode.

does this mean that all H.264 features are implemented now, its 'complete' ? so there shouldnt be any more problems regarding features ffdshow cant decode properly?
Thunderbolt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 10:19   #3096  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc979 View Post
i just tried to compile svn 1842 but got this error:
fixed at 1843. Thanks.
Old 4th February 2008, 14:31   #3097  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

sorry to be asking a prolly retarded question, but I'd like to have 2 profiles in the audio ffdshow filter.

one for music, with "supereq" enabled, and one for movies where it's disabled..........because its buffer is giving dropouts in MPC HC.

so I wanna setup the autoload option with "audio sampling frequency match", the first profile being for <47999 and the second for >47999.

I've tried many combinations, to no avaible

TIA,
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 15:42   #3098  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
sorry to be asking a prolly retarded question, but I'd like to have 2 profiles in the audio ffdshow filter.

one for music, with "supereq" enabled, and one for movies where it's disabled..........because its buffer is giving dropouts in MPC HC.

so I wanna setup the autoload option with "audio sampling frequency match", the first profile being for <47999 and the second for >47999.

I've tried many combinations, to no avaible

TIA,
Did you enter freq?
Quote:
freq<47999
Old 4th February 2008, 15:50   #3099  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
just read this:

Revision 1837 - Directory Listing
Modified Sat Feb 2 12:56:58 2008 UTC (34 hours, 18 minutes ago) by clsid2

Updated libavcodec.
H.264 decoding now supports interlaced + spacial direct mode.

does this mean that all H.264 features are implemented now, its 'complete' ? so there shouldnt be any more problems regarding features ffdshow cant decode properly?
someone already mentioned there are still rainbow frames in some movies (which arent there when using coreavc). when I have time during the week ill send you a sample.
Thunderbolt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 16:19   #3100  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruhiko_yamagata View Post
Did you enter freq?
works perfect, thanks!

Last edited by leeperry; 5th February 2008 at 00:03.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl