Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 26th June 2007, 20:50   #241  |  Link
The_Keymaker

EAC3toGUI new version

New version of EAC3toGUI (version 1.01). EDIT: Version 1.00 had a channel mapping bug! The following link is for the latest bug free version

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pkz6ew

There are extensive changes and and improvements for this latest release. Some that can be noticed are:

- Changed to TABBED GUI interface.
- Added custom channel order capability w/error checking.
- Added a channel order preview window.
- Added additional (32kbit) data rate.
- Renamed "orbitlee" filter to "Sonic-Orbitlee".
- Fixed a bug that disabled destination file input when source file changed.

Remember, this is just a GUI. Fot it to work, you must download and install Madshi's eac3to.exe program as well as the others listed in the first post of this thread. Just copy EAC3toGUI to the same directory as eac3to.exe and run (if you decide to place EAC3toGUI in a different directory, please set the location of eac3to.exe using the "Settings" menu item in EAC3toGUI).

Please feel free to post bugs, improvement suggestions or usage experience.

Regards,

Last edited by The_Keymaker; 27th June 2007 at 01:11.
Old 27th June 2007, 01:24   #242  |  Link
xkodi

@madshi
new Sonic decoders version 4.3 are capable to decode raw MLP/TrueHD stream, so they connect to both EVOB or raw MLP/TrueHD stream.

i made the same test i made before with Nero:

24fake4851_nero_decode and 24fake4851_sonic_decode are identical

244851_nero_decode and 244851_sonic_decode are indentical

but 164851_nero_decode and 164851_sonic_decode are not, Nero output is 24bit with least significant byte zero, but Sonic properly detects, that the stream is 16bit and outputs only 16bit:

and the result from the test with TrueHD:

Vendetta TrueHD stream, Sonic output:

Vendetta TrueHD stream, Nero output:

so Sonic decode of Vendetta TrueHD stream has least significant byte of every sample set to zero, but when listen to the decoded stream it has some kind of noise, so seems it's faulty.

Nine Inch Nails: BYIT' bonus track TrueHD, Sonic output:

Nine Inch Nails: BYIT' bonus track TrueHD, Nero output:

with NIN TrueHD track there are some different bytes, but most of the bytes are identical, from previous tests we know, that NIN TrueHD is probably 24bit, so seems that with 24 Sonic performs almost perfect, again there is some noise in the sound.

so both Nero and Sonic are perfect with MLP, Sonic is better, because has 16bit output, when MLP stream is 16bit, plus can decode raw MLP.

when it comes to TrueHD, like Nero, Sonic always reports the TrueHD stream as 24bit, but when TrueHD stream is 16bit (Vendetta) seems Sonic has faulty decode, because there is noise, when TrueHD stream is 24bit (NIN bonus track) again there is noise, but as bytes the output is almost identical to Nero.

Last edited by xkodi; 27th June 2007 at 01:27.
Old 27th June 2007, 08:41   #243  |  Link
ACrowley

@xkodi have you properly reg the 4.3 Decoder dll , or only overwritten the 4.2 Decoder ?
Cause i cvant reg the 4.3 dll.

When i overwrite the old 4.2 ( from Oct.2006 new dll are from march 2007) i can use teh Decoder in graphedit or for playback.
But avisyth cant use them with a incorrect Pin Error Message

IS there DRC on TrueHD from Sonic? So i still prefer Nero cause i know surely no DRC will be appilied on anything

But im not sure if theres any DRC in a MLP decoded Stream

I have a noise in backround on the EVO truehh of Matrix with Sonic

@madhsi and keymaker

A FLAC output Function would be nice. I mean output 24bit to 16Bit flac
And mono wave would be nice too

Last edited by ACrowley; 27th June 2007 at 08:49.
Old 27th June 2007, 10:32   #244  |  Link
xkodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACrowley View Post
@xkodi have you properly reg the 4.3 Decoder dll , or only overwritten the 4.2 Decoder ?
Cause i cvant reg the 4.3 dll.

When i overwrite the old 4.2 ( from Oct.2006 new dll are from march 2007) i can use teh Decoder in graphedit or for playback.
But avisyth cant use them with a incorrect Pin Error Message
i overwrote the old 4.2 DLLs with the new 4.3 ones, because trying to regsvr32 them doesn't work and after that - no problems using them with GraphEdit without any kind of error messages, i don't know for Avisynth, because i haven't tried that yet, but probably it won't work and give the same error message like you said.

Quote:
IS there DRC on TrueHD from Sonic? So i still prefer Nero cause i know surely no DRC will be appilied on anything

But im not sure if theres any DRC in a MLP decoded Stream

I have a noise in backround on the EVO truehh of Matrix with Sonic
at least with MLP stream the output of Sonic is byte by byte identical to the original PCM source from which the stream is created, so nothing is additionally applied, with TrueHD stream, i don't know, i also have noise and i'm still not sure what is the cause, because in hex editor the output of Sonic filter seems much more proper than Nero - every least significant byte of the Vendetta TrueHD track decode is zero as it should be, because my previous test with MLP compression ratios shows that Vendetta should be made from 16bit PCM source and with the NIN TrueHD track, which should be made from 24bit PCM source, the Sonic output is almost identical to Nero, very few bytes are different, but there is still noise

Last edited by xkodi; 27th June 2007 at 10:35.
Old 27th June 2007, 12:18   #245  |  Link
ACrowley

Maybe ist possible to tweak the Registry Settings from Sonic Audio Decoder 4.2, to get clean TrueHD Output c

There are a lot of more Options as in System Control Panel

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sonic\CommonMPEGDecoders\4.2\AudioDecoder

Last edited by ACrowley; 27th June 2007 at 12:24.
Old 27th June 2007, 12:36   #246  |  Link
xkodi

Quote:
Maybe ist possible to tweak the Registry Settings from Sonic Audio Decoder 4.2, to get clean TrueHD Output c

There are a lot of more Options as in System Control Panel

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sonic\CommonMPEGDecoders\4.2\AudioDecoder
according to CineVision help:

Quote:
The Audio track allows you to select an audio file for playback with the encoded video during preview. You can select the following types of audio files:

PCM (.WAV)
DTS (.dts, .cpt)
DTS-HD (all modes)
Dolby Digital (.AC3)
Dolby Digital +
Dolby Tru-HD
but i don't know how to open file for preview using CineVision and need to read more of the help, but if Tru-HD file plays fine in CineVision, there is hope, that it can be made to work correctly outside CineVision, because these filters are beta and maybe simply the TrueHD decode is broken, so first we should learn how to play TrueHD using CineVision and then if the playback is OK search for solution, how to use the filters with GraphEdit.

Last edited by xkodi; 27th June 2007 at 12:39.
Old 27th June 2007, 13:32   #247  |  Link
ACrowley

yes, youre right

With 4.3 and new HDDemuxer i can start/play a single trueHD (.mlp) in zoomplayer.
But also with the backround noise and crazy runtime (few thousand h)

Is there any chance to output SPDif as AC3 from DD+.TrueHD etc ?

I tried some registry switches and i got the Audiooutput Option " DolbyDigital" avaible in the Sonic Audio System Control Panel.
I cant rember which Registry switch it was.
Sonic should be able to output HD Audio as AC3 ,or not ? i m not sure..

However, i use AC3 Filter behind NeroAudioDecoder2 , works perfect

Last edited by ACrowley; 27th June 2007 at 14:06.
Old 27th June 2007, 13:36   #248  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kweek View Post
Hi, thanks for you response. But the post was more about that eac3to doesn't set the streaminfo right.
I'm aware of that problem - and it can't be fixed right now. Why? Because I'm intentionally calling flac.exe in a way that produces the un-initialized header info.

I have to do that because flac.exe can't cope with >2GB output files otherwise. Try your "fix" on a flac file which is bigger than 2GB and you'll see that it won't work. Flac.exe just can't handle such big flac files (in Windows only), unless you run it in a special mode. The special mode results in the flac header not being fully initialized, unfortunately.
Old 27th June 2007, 13:40   #249  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

@xkodi & ACrowley, that's nice that Sonic's newest beta filters handle MLP and TrueHD! Too bad, though, that they are buggy with TrueHD decoding right now... Hopefully they'll fix that in the final version.

@xkodi, it seems that we finally have a final confirmation about that the Vendetta track is really only 16bit and the NIN one really more than 16bit. It's good that we have this information confirmed!! Now we just need a bug free TrueHD decoder, of course.

Have you guys tried "Sonic HD Demuxer -> Nero Audio Decoder" yet? Of course that's no full solution right now, either, but at least it might allow direct playback of TrueHD tracks without background noise right now? (Haven't had a chance yet to check out the beta Sonic filters myself yet).
Old 27th June 2007, 13:52   #250  |  Link
ACrowley

@madshi
No NeroAudioDecoder cant connect with SonicHDDemuxer
Old 27th June 2007, 13:54   #251  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
No NeroAudioDecoder cant connect with SonicHDDemuxer
Too bad!!
Old 27th June 2007, 14:23   #252  |  Link
ACrowley

edit. SRY

NeroAudioDecoder2 "can" connect to SonicHDDemuxer 4.3.
But only to the EVO. not to the single mlp.
But when i select the TrueHD the graph fails

I made my own encodes in MLP 16bit 5.1
Playback in Zoomplayer with SonicHDDemuxer-SonicCinemasterAudioDecoder4.2 (4.3) works pervect without backround noise
In othe rDShow Players too.

But SonicHDDemxuer must have Propbmes cause the Runtime is always wrong. Must be 1min39sec ,but Runtime is 18h23min .
Runtime from SupermanReturns TrueHD in Zoomplayer is thousand of hours. Must be caused by Sonic
But Playback is clean

Last edited by ACrowley; 27th June 2007 at 16:15.
Old 28th June 2007, 20:35   #253  |  Link
xkodi

@madshi and @ACrowley

do you know how to distinct DirectShow filter from DMO? i'm asking this, because i think that Sonic decoder 4.3 is DMO and it's not DirectShow filter, because with both MLP and TrueHD there are a lot of "discontinuities" :

and in text on msdn.microsoft.com i've read something like:

Quote:
When a DMO, which was not designed to work in DirectShow, receives the DISCONTINUITY flag, it performs a flush and loses the data stored. To work around this issue, the best solution is probably to write a custom DMO Wrapper filter that does not set the DISCONTINUITY flag.
so maybe Sonic 4.3 is DMO and some buffer are flushed and thus from time to time random values are send on the filter output and that results in noise, it affects only the TrueHD implementation, because there are a lot of "discontinuities" when playing MLP too, but the sound is normal.

i don't know if there are any DMO wrapper DirectShow filters available, that can be tried with Sonic 4.3 filter or how to know for sure that it is DMO ...

[EDIT] using 'InterVideo Container DMO' connected to the output of Sonic audio 4.3 fixed the "discontinuities" errors, but sound still has noise ...

Last edited by xkodi; 29th June 2007 at 08:10.
Old 29th June 2007, 11:35   #254  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkodi View Post
using 'InterVideo Container DMO' connected to the output of Sonic audio 4.3 fixed the "discontinuities" errors, but sound still has noise ...
Too bad. It sounded promising...
Old 29th June 2007, 11:47   #255  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

eac3to 1.9 released:

http://madshi.net/eac3to.zip

Most important new features:
Code:
(1) multi channel mono wav output added
(2) automated SurCode DTS encoding added
Full list of changes:
Code:
(1) 24bit PCM handling works now (was buggy before)
(2) "-blu-ray" option removed
(3) with PCM input files "bigendian" is default now
(4) with 5.1 PCM input blu-ray style channel remapping is default now
(5) switches "-16" and "-24" are valid for both TrueHD and PCM input now
(6) eac3to now creates the WAV files on its own instead of using sox
(7) target extension ".wavs" results in one mono wav for each channel being created
(8) SurCode DVD DTS encoding automation added
(9) new options "-768" and "-1536" for DTS encoding
(10) TrueHD output is not downconverted to 16bit by default, anymore.
(11) new option "-down16" downconverts the raw data from 24 -> 16 bit (not limited to TrueHD input)
Due to the many changes I did to the code, some new bugs may appear. Please let me know about any problems you run into.

For Blu-Ray PCM you can now get multiple mono wavs or a DTS encoding simply by doing:

"eac3to source.pcm dest.wavs"
"eac3to source.pcm dest.dts"

No additional parameters are needed, unless eac3to fails to automatically detect the bitdepth. In that case you need to specify "-16" or "-24".

My apologies to The_Keymaker, cause he has to redo the option checkboxes so often...
Old 29th June 2007, 11:48   #256  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
I can say :eac3to fails (for me)on these 24bit lpcm
Fixed in eac3to 1.9. Thanks for the sample!
Old 29th June 2007, 12:06   #257  |  Link
honai

@madshi

Great work, thank you so much for filling that request! Your dedication is very much appreciated!

Old 29th June 2007, 12:18   #258  |  Link
Beastie Boy

Many thanks madshi, the mono wave output is just what I need.
The_Keymaker, over to you...

Cheers, Beastie.
Old 29th June 2007, 12:39   #259  |  Link
ACrowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Fixed in eac3to 1.9. Thanks for the sample!

nice madhsi...i will try it

Otherwise i found a 100% working Method for any LPCM24 bit to whatever

Mono wave output is what i need so i can feed Steinberg Nuendo without a extra Step

great work!
@xskodi i dont know a DMO wrapper...
Yes, all my tested mlp sounds normal in any dshow Player. But in TrueHD theres still noise with Sonic 4.3 Decoder
However, Nero works so far

Last edited by ACrowley; 29th June 2007 at 15:19.
Old 29th June 2007, 17:42   #260  |  Link
crapz0rs

I have surcode 1.0.2.3 installed, but the dts creating doesn't work.
Code:
Audio Decoder output was 24 bit this time.
Convert the multi channel raw file to mono wav files. Please wait...
Convert the mono wav files to dts. Please wait...
Creating the DTS file failed. The multi channel wav files are valid, though.
Encoding the 6 mono wavs in surcode works fine though :-)

Last edited by crapz0rs; 29th June 2007 at 17:58.
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to