Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th November 2012, 11:20   #1041  |  Link
mogobime

Wow, a lot of fixes/improvements!

I hope this didn't produce too much bugs

Time to encode some files.
mogobime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 21:09   #1042  |  Link
digitall.h

selur,
I tried the code. MP4Box does not complain, but it begins to load the ac3 file... and it never stops, it continue loading after 100%, and the temporal file grows and grows...
I killed the process when it has loaded 2545/100 and the temporal file was 16.5 GiB
Something wrong in this ac3?. Because MP4Box loaded previously other ac3 without a problem. Or may the problem be it is a 3 hour long film?.
I tried to load it in Audacity but it does not load. It plays well in VLC.
Any idea how to analyse the ac3, or see why MP4Box loads it forever?
digitall.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 21:32   #1043  |  Link
digitall.h

selur,
I loaded the ac3 in HeadAC3he (an old program from Windows times ) and it says stream is not perfect, that frame 357907 is incomplete...
It seems more clear that something in the ac3 creation went wrong, or in DelayCut. I passed it through DelayCut in Windows and it shows the uncomplete frame 357907 error. The total length of the file is 357910 frames.
Any clues?
Old 7th November 2012, 21:36   #1044  |  Link
Selur

helps to enabled:
1. 'Config->Internals->Use mplayer for dvd audio extraction'
and/or
2. 'Audio->Misc->Fix input with delay cut' (especially if like you say delaycut detects the stream as broken)
(before adding the audio to the audio queue)
Old 7th November 2012, 21:55   #1045  |  Link
digitall.h

selur,
the first option I had already enabled ('Use mplayer...').
The 'Fix input with delay cut' was not enabled. But DelayCut reports an error in the encoded ac3 stream when analysed in Windows, not the original.
I'm demuxing audio stream with Avidemux now, and I will analyse it with DelayCut then, and I'll report. Because I don't know if the error is in the original stream, or in the delay-corrected one.
I'm not even sure if MP4Box is failing due to this error in the stream, but it is better to verify that stream are Ok, isn't it?
Old 7th November 2012, 22:07   #1046  |  Link
Selur

"but it is better to verify that stream are Ok, isn't it? "
sure
Old 7th November 2012, 22:56   #1047  |  Link
digitall.h

I demuxed the audio track ac3 with avidemux, and in Windows DelayCut does not show any error.
So there was an error when mplayer extracted the audio or DelayCut adjusted delay (the stream was not processed, just copied and delay adjusted).
What can I do next?
Repeat the job (I erased ) and test the extracted ac3 stream (also erased)?.
Is thre a way to say Hybrid: 'just do this task of the job', or 'execute job partially and stop when you arrive to...'?
Old 8th November 2012, 00:37   #1048  |  Link
digitall.h

selur, as I keep the streams to be muxed, I'm repeating the job, but the video settings are the worst possible to make it run faster.
I will then look at the ac3 stream and see which is wrong: the original that mplayer extracts, or the one created by DelayCut.
To begin with, there's something VERY estrange. The ac3 from the previous job (the one that MP4Box loaded for ever) showed a '..._02_DELAY_117ms' in its name. The ac3 in the job being redone just shows '..._02'
Looks like it was detecting a delay in the first job, that now doesn't detect...
Which tool detects the delay?, mplayer?, or DelayCut?
Old 8th November 2012, 01:21   #1049  |  Link
Selur

Quote:
Which tool detects the delay?, mplayer?, or DelayCut?
1. delay is detected by MediaInfo by reading the headers of the input file (in your case 1st or last vob of the selected VTS). If the input file doesn't change the detected delay should not change either.
2. if you enable Config->Output settings->General Settings->Use delaycut to fix delays, Hybrid will try to use delaycut to fix the delay in the input file.

For DVD input either mplayer or mencoder is used to extract audio (if 'Use mplayer for dvd audio extraction' is enabled mplayer is used, if it's disabled mencoder).
If the audio stream mplayer/mencoder extracts is broken, there are two possibilities:
1. mplayer/mencoder is broken in regard of extracting DVD audio streams (which I doubt, since I use both without problems here)
2. the input is broken in some way, which might be caused by a copy protection that is nor properly circumvented.
In both cases, I sadly can't really to much if both mencoder&mplayer extract a broken ac3, I can't do anything much about it.

Quote:
Is thre a way to say Hybrid: 'just do this task of the job', or 'execute job partially and stop when you arrive to...'?
if you postpone a job while it's running, Hybrid will halt the processing after the sub-job currently executed.

Cu Selur
Old 8th November 2012, 20:42   #1050  |  Link
digitall.h

Well, MediaInfo showed in first vob 0ms delay, but in last vob 120ms delay...
As I said above, I reencoded the audio, and this time the result was opposite: it detected 0ms delay for spanish stream and 117ms for english stream , with the same version of tools and Hybrid ,

I muxed these streams with MP4Box, and this time everything worked OK.

I tried and saved GlobalDataModel, but it does not retain the 'Fix audio input with DelayCut' setting, that remains disabled, and I have to enable for every encode.

I will try later to load again a 264 raw stream and see if Hybrid loads it well
Old 8th November 2012, 21:03   #1051  |  Link
Selur

it's normal that different audio streams often have different delays,...

Quote:
I tried and saved GlobalDataModel, but it does not retain the 'Fix audio input with DelayCut' setting, that remains disabled, and I have to enable for every encode.
I assume you mean 'Fix input with delay cut' which is in the Audio Tab and therefore part of the AudioModel,...
Old 8th November 2012, 21:37   #1052  |  Link
digitall.h

yes, I see

thank you
Old 9th November 2012, 09:55   #1053  |  Link
DJ-1

Hi, I just gave this gui another try, updated to latest version (64bit) & was getting good results with x264 tests.
I thought I'd try the Pro-Res (as it's new to me) & do a fee tests with that... After looking over the audio tab (can't remember what I clicked, I think I tried the newer aac encoding) Hybrid crashed, & then refused to launch. Even after uninstal/re-install.

The only way I could get it to even launch at all was 'delete sys/app setting' on un-installation, & then it'd launch ok.

It turns out that as soon as tried to copy my profiles back to the app-data DIR hybrid would try to launch, but the 'hybrid. Exe' process under task manager would quit after a few seconds.
Would a 'create dump file' from task manager be any use to you in seeing why it won't launch? (if the Process stays open for long enough)

Cheers.
Sent from my Galaxy S II using tapatalk
DJ-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 09:58   #1054  |  Link
Selur

Nope, crash dump doesn't help, but I just fixed a bug that might be related to the crash, will send you a link to a test version.

Quote:
It turns out that as soon as tried to copy my profiles back to the app-data DIR hybrid would try to launch,...
if you can send me the profiles, I can have a look at it, other than that, if you deinstall, normally the profiles should not be deleted unless you specify to do so,..

Cu Selur
Old 9th November 2012, 10:57   #1055  |  Link
DJ-1

Ok, I'm not sure how 'clean' my Windows install is either, but i may re-install win7 as it ain't been done in ages...

Sent from my Galaxy S II using tapatalk
Old 10th November 2012, 13:30   #1056  |  Link
DJ-1

ok, it crashed messsing in the audio tab while configuring the Pro Res profile. (although there dont seem to be a ProRes 1 in there).

just setting up codecs etc (after re-instal of Win7...desperately needed it) and then ill get back to do a few test clips again..
Attached Files
File Type: rar Hybrid profiles.rar (3.9 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by DJ-1; 10th November 2012 at 13:35.
Old 10th November 2012, 17:37   #1057  |  Link
Selur

please upload the profile i.e. to pastebin or send it to me via email,... if you post it here I have to wait for an moderator to approve it,..
Old 10th November 2012, 20:24   #1058  |  Link
DJ-1

hopefully dropbox works..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6csbhstlbgc0tpn/Hybrid%20profiles.rar
Old 10th November 2012, 20:27   #1059  |  Link
Selur

got the profile, and I can reproduce the crash. -> will now look into it what is crashing why
Old 10th November 2012, 20:31   #1060  |  Link
DJ-1

yeah, im curently doing a test encode of pro res (to try n replicate the original crash), after dropping the profile into the appdata DIR.

Although i t doesnt seem to wanna crash (for me), if i close Hybrid, it wont re-open. just cant get it to `crash`