Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 1st July 2004, 22:14   #21  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks Wheelie4 for bringing this information to my knowledge.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2004, 04:28   #22  |  Link
DMagic1

Nice, I have to try this.
DMagic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2004, 04:34   #23  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Beta testers wanted!

If you are interested in doing some beta testing to help me debug and improve PgcEdit, you may download the v0.3.0beta here.

Thanks in advance.

[EDIT:] Beta removed: v0.3.0 (final) released.

Last edited by r0lZ; 17th July 2004 at 23:33.
Old 8th July 2004, 17:28   #24  |  Link
Chetwood

Using PgcEdit to denote streams attributes?

The readme that comes with your tool states

Quote:
I wrote PgcEdit to supplement IfoEdit. PgcEdit is a program much more limited than IfoEdit: it only makes possible to edit the commands and to modify certain parameters of PGCs (Program Chains).
Having no clue of DVD standards Id' like to know if one can use your tool to denote a streams attributes like marking the third audio and subpicture stream as 'director's comments'. Thanks.
Chetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2004, 17:51   #25  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Yes, it's possible, and easy!
Old 10th July 2004, 00:18   #26  |  Link
M!ro

Let me first say thank you for this awesome program r0lZ!

When you select line that has goto command, destination line flashes. Is it posibile to create such hilighting when selecting link or jump lines? Or even maybe a follow command on right-click?

For example if you have line that has LinkPGCN PGC 3, when you select it PGC 3 in the same domain flashes, and when you right-click it and select "follow" then it opens PGC 3 in main frame.
M!ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2004, 05:13   #27  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally posted by M!ro
When you select line that has goto command, destination line flashes. Is it posibile to create such hilighting when selecting link or jump lines? Or even maybe a follow command on right-click?

For example if you have line that has LinkPGCN PGC 3, when you select it PGC 3 in the same domain flashes, and when you right-click it and select "follow" then it opens PGC 3 in main frame.
Great minds are meeting!
It's already done, in the v 0.3.0 beta. Click on the link 4 posts above to download it.
See also the post of sweetness, above. He must be credited for the idea, too.
Old 15th July 2004, 16:05   #28  |  Link
ffroms

Hi r0lZ!
Thank you for this tool. It's great but I have problem. In previous version (0.2.1) I had no problem with "Move Up" and "Move Down" but in version 0.3.0beta it doesn't work. Is it me or...?

I have one request. Is it possible to play some parts of VOB by clicking (or double clicking) on VTS or parts that have + sign to view video? This will make it easy way to bypass some unwanted parts of DVD.

FFS
Old 15th July 2004, 16:07   #29  |  Link
M!ro

I was working something with pgcedit 0.3.0 beta, and i must say it saved me at least 2 hours typing in ifoedit
i needed to edit pgc command for 7 titles (they had most of the lines same), so i modified it in scratchbook and then just copy-paste in each of that 7 titles.

There is a small bug in this beta that allows you to paste command over the caption lines ("pre commands", "post commands" etc).

And few thing that might be usefull:
- undo for scratchbook
- quicksave on scratchbook, so it could be loaded on pgcedit startup
- open single ifo
Old 15th July 2004, 18:12   #30  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

@ ffroms:
Quote:
In previous version (0.2.1) I had no problem with "Move Up" and "Move Down" but in version 0.3.0beta it doesn't work. Is it me or...?
In previous versions, it was possible to 'Move Up' or 'Move Down' a block of commands across the 'post commands' and 'cell commands' markers. This is not possible anymore because of the automatic GOTO renumbering feature: try to imagine what the program must do when a line to which a goto is branching is moved in another section, and you'll understand why. You may use Cut/Paste to obtain the same result.
Of course, you may still use the functions to move up/down commands inside the pre, post or cell commands group.

Quote:
Is it possible to play some parts of VOB by clicking (or double clicking) on VTS or parts that have + sign to view video? This will make it easy way to bypass some unwanted parts of DVD.
Unfortunately not. At least yet. Because PgcEdit is only an IFO parser/editor. It doesn't read VOBs at all.
If you know a VOB player able to display only a specific VOB/Cell ID, please let me know: I may try to integrate it to PgcEdit.
Or if any programmer out there is able to write such a tool, it will be appreciated!
Old 15th July 2004, 18:32   #31  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

@M!ro
Quote:
There is a small bug in this beta that allows you to paste command over the caption lines ("pre commands", "post commands" etc).
Thanks for singalling it. However, I discovered it too, and it is already fixed. Next version will be soon available...

Quote:
- undo for scratchbook
The way I have implemented the Undo makes this useless: if you do an Undo in the scratchbook, it will simply remove all lines (because the scratchbook is originally empty).
Of course, your suggestion makes sense if I implement your second suggestion:
Quote:
- quicksave on scratchbook, so it could be loaded on pgcedit startup
Good idea, indeed. Maybe in next release...

Quote:
- open single ifo
This will be verry difficult to implement in PgcEdit, because the overall philosophy is to edit a full DVD, so that everything is coherent. For example, if I implement your suggestion, I also need to implement a 'Get VTS Sectors' function that will need to read the missing IFOs anyway. And the 'Highlight Target' and 'Jump to Target' features would not work properly...
If you really need to edit a single IFO, you must use the good old IfoEdit. Sorry
Old 15th July 2004, 19:01   #32  |  Link
M!ro

Quote:
Originally posted by r0lZ
The way I have implemented the Undo makes this useless: if you do an Undo in the scratchbook, it will simply remove all lines (because the scratchbook is originally empty).
Of course, your suggestion makes sense if I implement your second suggestion:Good idea, indeed. Maybe in next release...
Great thinking r0lZ!

If you make quicksave/quickload for scratchbook it would act like undo function And that would be wonderfull!
Old 15th July 2004, 20:37   #33  |  Link
ffroms

Thanks r0lZ for explanation. I usually check manually for any goto lines and correct them so I never thought of that. I've notice same problem as M!ro with copy/paste so I didn't use it. I prefer to use previous version for "move up" and "move down". I use them to move all post commands to pre commands.
Anyway, I'm looking forward for next release.

FFromS
Old 15th July 2004, 22:04   #34  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

@M!ro
It's implemented now. You'll have an "Options/Save current scratchbook as default" menu, and Undo will reload it.
Watch the next version...
Old 15th July 2004, 22:21   #35  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

@ffroms
The paste doesn't crash in beta IF you take care to select only command lines, without pre, post, cells or scratchbook labels.

BTW, have you tried the "Kill PGC Playback" macro? This function was not working verry well before v0.3.0beta, but is fully operational now. It does exactly what you want: copy the post commands at the end the pre section, renumber the gotos in the copied commands, and take care of the break pre-commands, if any.
Old 16th July 2004, 15:56   #36  |  Link
ffroms

What!?! How did I not see that? I'll try that ASAP. Maybe I saw that but didn't try it. Thank you again.

FFS

P.S. Maybe a little manual would be good just to know what some functions do
Old 16th July 2004, 23:06   #37  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Maybe a little manual would be good just to know what some functions do
I can't do much more than the Readme text: my english is too bad
Maybe some people here are able to write some guides, with wonderful illustrations and tricks I haven't discovered myself...
Old 17th July 2004, 14:50   #38  |  Link
ccc_p

add a new VTS_PGC 2 ?

first of all thanks for the great tool!

my question is: if its possible with pgcedit to add a new VTS_PGC(2) into VTS_PGCITI tible where already exist
VTS_PGC(1) and if is really possible how can I do this?

Thnaks in advance
cccp
ccc_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2004, 15:51   #39  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Yes, it is possible.

Select the original PGC in the left pane, then use the "Utilities/New PGC" menu. A new dummy PGC will be created in the same domain.

IMPORTANT: I wrote this function to add a dummy PGC in the menu domain, not in the title domain. However, it is possible. But take in mind that the new PGC is a so called DUMMY PGC, ie it has no cells nor programs associated with it. This, in the title domain, is really illegal in terms of DVD standards (although my Sony Player accept that without problems). You must understand that and use this feature with caution!

Last edited by r0lZ; 17th July 2004 at 15:56.
Old 17th July 2004, 16:48   #40  |  Link
ccc_p

Thank you!

cccp

Last edited by ccc_p; 17th July 2004 at 16:55.
ccc_p is offline   Reply With Quote