Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20th August 2009, 08:23   #21  |  Link
Alex_ander

Thanks for your tool (didn't try it yet). How does the generated code behave in case one calls Top menu from playback (or from chapter page previously called from playback)? Will it provide default chapter button highlighting if one goes then from top to chapter page? I'm asking just because I have that problem (not resetting to defaults) in TAW4, which also generates such codes using chapter SPRM. Or can it be simply edited to restore defaults on going to top menu?
Alex_ander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 08:34   #22  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

It depends if the top menu resets the title that is playing. If the top menu is simply a redirection to the main menu, then the chapter commands will work. If it basically resets the DVD, then you are out of luck.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 09:30   #23  |  Link
Alex_ander

I meant I'd like to reset chapter button highlighting to default (e.g. to chapter #1 button) if top (title selection) menu is called (assuming there's no exit DVD or 'going to first play' command):
a) from playback
b) from chapter menu after chapter playback,

and (preferably) keep proper title # button highlighted in top menu + (maybe) keep resume ability. Is it possible with the tool?
BTW, is there any VM command for resetting title (or chapter, or killing 'resume') other than Exit?
Old 20th August 2009, 09:58   #24  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

This program doesn't do that, no.

In order to reset the chapter number, you can do what lots of commercial DVDs do in the post commands of the title (but do it in your top menu instead). Set a register (e.g. gprm(3)=100) and re-enter the title. In the first few precommands, test for gprm(3)=100 and if so, branch to the main menu; otherwise, play the title. This way, the last title played will be the main title and it will be chapter 1 since it never got to play.

Now, you can't have it both ways - keeping the RSM point and resetting to chapter 1. It's one or the other, as only a single resume point is ever set.

Regards

Old 21st August 2009, 13:05   #25  |  Link
Alex_ander

Thank you. One more playback situation: going to VTS chapter menu after a title finishes playing.
In TAW4 (in case of 'return to chapter menu' option for titles) I have the last chapter' button highlighted (same as if the menu were called from the last chapter) while it would be more natural to have highlighting for chapter one in the end. I guess it is possible to set a GPRM in post-commands and on checking its state, bypass the part of menu pre-command list which analyses chapter SPRM, then reset the used GPRM and force default highlighting (for chapter 1 in that menu). Will the proggy do it internally?
Old 21st August 2009, 15:34   #26  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

This is quite common. Make sure the resume flag is turned off after playback of the title (or again, go through another "dummy" title before returning to the main menu - this will ensure that the chapter is reset to 1).

Regards