Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 6th April 2006, 20:25   #1  |  Link
umkay316

Crashes at 98% of the rebuild phase???

Just bought the pro version yesterday and haven't had a successful run at it yet. I am trying to back up Brokeback Mountain, but it crashed at 98% (btw using one click)? I am using CCE and when i was using the trial version had no problems before. I used dvd shrink with no compression and "still imaged" some of the extra features and created a iso. Can someone please help? I also tried Narnia and got error 0006 very early in the rebuild phase? Please help! thanks
umkay316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2006, 20:34   #2  |  Link
jptheripper

dont use shrink at all.

you can still images in rebuilder with the preview editor
jptheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2006, 20:41   #3  |  Link
umkay316

Would that mean that i would have to use the 3 click mode and edit before the encode phase or before rebuilding? Also, if i did no compression, doesn't shrink just act liek a ripping tool and doesn't do anything fancy? Not sure why shrink would be an issue...
Old 6th April 2006, 21:21   #4  |  Link
JohnG

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkay316
Just bought the pro version yesterday and haven't had a successful run at it yet. I am trying to back up Brokeback Mountain, but it crashed at 98% (btw using one click)? I am using CCE and when i was using the trial version had no problems before. I used dvd shrink with no compression and "still imaged" some of the extra features and created a iso. Can someone please help? I also tried Narnia and got error 0006 very early in the rebuild phase? Please help! thanks
I experienced a similar error/problem when doing Narnia. You might find some help in the "error 006" thread on this page.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2006, 22:04   #5  |  Link
jptheripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkay316
Would that mean that i would have to use the 3 click mode and edit before the encode phase or before rebuilding? Also, if i did no compression, doesn't shrink just act liek a ripping tool and doesn't do anything fancy? Not sure why shrink would be an issue...
shrink is an issue because it changes values, and *may* end up out of spec.

yes you would have to go to three click mode
jptheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2006, 22:22   #6  |  Link
umkay316

what about dvd decrypter? does that just do a straight rip?
Old 7th April 2006, 03:50   #7  |  Link
jdobbs

On some of the newer titles you are better off using DVD Fab or AnyDVD. DVD Decrypter has problems with the later copy protections.

Preprocessing with Shrink or any other package for that matter can very definitely cause this type of problem. One of the common misconceptions is that "if it plays it must be good, so the problem has to be DVD-RB" -- but that just isn't a fact. Players are very forgiving and will accept almost anything... they just skip the bad parts. An authoring package, however, doesn't have that luxury. It depends on the source being legitimate.

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th April 2006 at 03:53.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2006, 04:28   #8  |  Link
umkay316

I use Anydvd in the background with dvd shrink. Is that still considered preprocessing with shrink or am i preprocessing with anydvd? the reason i use shrink is becuase i want to take out certain extras and with dvd rebuilder i would have to do the 3 click mode in order for me to view which extras i want to take out. I prefer using 1 click mode, thus the reason i use shrink to preprocess. I don't have dvd Fab, can you edit the dvd before you rip it like in shrink? By the way, thanks for the answers!
Old 7th April 2006, 11:28   #9  |  Link
jdobbs

You, of course, can do whatever you want to the sources. But if you use Shink to edit the source first -- I just can't support any problems you run into. The problem you are seeing (Error #0006) is DVD Rebuilder telling you that the source has been corrupted. Usually it indicates a "bad cut" in which the DVD timing indicators have become invalid.

I wouldn't consider AnyDVD as "preprocessing" but editing with Shrink certainly is. DVD Fab isn't necessary if you're using AnyDVD.

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th April 2006 at 11:31.
Old 8th April 2006, 22:31   #10  |  Link
rapscallion
NY Frame of Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs
....snipped
I wouldn't consider AnyDVD as "preprocessing" but editing with Shrink certainly is. DVD Fab isn't necessary if you're using AnyDVD.
jdobbs...I have found on a number of newer dvd's that AnyDVD indicates what the protection is and that it is being corrected/removed (particularly invalid sector protection, etc). However, when used in conjunction with DVDecrypter ( with the appropriate settngs ) that the resultant rip has problems. DVDFab Decryter worked 100% on those same dvd's.
rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2006, 22:55   #11  |  Link
jdobbs

I pretty much use AnyDVD with Decrypter on all my titles and haven't had a problem yet. Of course there's always a first time (crosses fingers). I've found that making sure the "CSS Cracking Mechanism" is set to "None" in Decrypter solves most of the problems people report. Essentially it makes Decrypter nothing more than an ISO creation tool (which is what I want from it anyway). I let AnyDVD do all the heavy lifting.

Last edited by jdobbs; 8th April 2006 at 22:57.
Old 9th April 2006, 19:17   #12  |  Link
rapscallion
NY Frame of Mind

Yes, also, as I read in another area of the forum, "Use ElbyCDIO as the I/O model". I would prefer to use DVDecypter beacause it is quite a bit faster than Fab.
Edit: Hopefuilly this isn't hijacking the thread

Last edited by rapscallion; 9th April 2006 at 20:28.
rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2006, 22:24   #13  |  Link
jdobbs

I have mine set to SPTI (Microsoft), which I think is the DVD Decrypter default -- but I believe that either of these two settings (SPTI or ElbyCDIO) is recommended by the AnyDVD folks.
Old 13th April 2006, 05:34   #14  |  Link
JFerguson

No problems here doing this title from mounted ISO, ripped using DVD Decrytper v3.5.4.0 raw (no AnyDVD, etc.).

The rip did result in 122MB of unreferenced material in V00, but I oversized the rebuild to account for this -- VobBlanker will clean it out...
JFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2006, 08:28   #15  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs
I pretty much use AnyDVD with Decrypter on all my titles and haven't had a problem yet. Of course there's always a first time (crosses fingers). I've found that making sure the "CSS Cracking Mechanism" is set to "None" in Decrypter solves most of the problems people report. Essentially it makes Decrypter nothing more than an ISO creation tool (which is what I want from it anyway). I let AnyDVD do all the heavy lifting.
Sorry if this has been discussed before - I have AnyDVD and I always simply copy the VIDEO_TS folder from the DVD to the HD which works great.
Why do you use DVDDecrypter in combination with AnyDVD?
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2006, 12:43   #16  |  Link
jdobbs

As you might imagine I am continually testing DVDs -- so I have many on my hard drives at a time. By using Decrypter to create ISOs I can store each disc as a single file and mount/use it very conveniently. Since the mounted image is write-protected I can also be assured that the source is protected against accidental overwrites...
Old 13th April 2006, 14:04   #17  |  Link
Groucho2004

I see - thanks.
I almost thought there is some magic that DVDDecrypter could add to AnyDVD that I was not aware of :-)
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote