Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 17th March 2008, 04:13   #941  |  Link
Ryu77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax_Undone View Post
LOL

Yeah but atak is right codec packs are crap and should not under any circumstance be used...
Yes, that is a valid statement. It wasn't his intention that I felt was inappropriate. It was the way he said it which wasn't necessary.

I agree that most codec packs are rubbish. However, I have found K-lite to be very good and I have never experienced any codec conflicts. I find it much less time consuming to get my required codecs through K-lite.

Can I ask, why do you say K-lite mega codec pack is crap? What exactly gives it that status? If I can see a valid reason then I certainly will start to acquire my codecs individually.

Last edited by Ryu77; 17th March 2008 at 06:06.
Ryu77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 12:12   #942  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

@ Atak

maybe a lil post to let us know there is an update for people who have subscribed to this thread. cheers!

UPDATE: still no audio in Blu-ray format with the same sample from previous post but good news is that the audio is actually being encoded correctly this time, its just not getting muxed.

Last edited by ~bT~; 17th March 2008 at 12:31.
~bT~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 13:20   #943  |  Link
arrarro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
DO NOT INSTALL THIS SHIT!!!!! CODEC PACKS ARE FOR LAMERS AND NOOBS!

open *.m2ts in MPC. Simple!
Atak I think your software is simply amazing but unfortunately I use K-Lite mega codec pack, too. Can you explain how to install and update all the codecs we need without using any codec pack? I am not a noob but maybe a little lamer on this matter
arrarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 13:26   #944  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

^ install FFDShow.
Old 17th March 2008, 13:42   #945  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Atak I think your software is simply amazing but unfortunately I use K-Lite mega codec pack, too. Can you explain how to install and update all the codecs we need without using any codec pack? I am not a noob but maybe a little lamer on this matter
K-Lite codec packs and similar are causing havok in system. Look in screenshot. There is everything what is required.

Quote:
UPDATE: still no audio in Blu-ray format with the same sample from previous post but good news is that the audio is actually being encoded correctly this time, its just not getting muxed.
TSMuxer does not recognize AC3?!?!?!? (stereo) I will have to ask Roman for help.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 17th March 2008 at 14:30.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 18:52   #946  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

Quote:
I agree that most codec packs are rubbish.
All Codec packs are rubbish there isn't one been produced yet that holds any validity for use in encoding circumstances...

FFD should be the only *UPDATED* codec bundle used... and that can be installed from my installer for ripbot and autoMKV... www.stage-x.org here you can find the download links... Enjoy...

If you wish to update the ffdshow codecs at anytime just go here http://ffdshow.info/ and download the clsid latest nightly build... (ie the latest build will have the highest build number in clsid genaric builds)...

*Edit Ok now you can get the latest installer from my site...

Last edited by Ajax_Undone; 18th March 2008 at 01:10.
Ajax_Undone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 01:32   #947  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

@~bT~
Replace
Audiorate(audio)<44100?ResampleAudio(audio,48000):audio
with this
audio=ResampleAudio(audio,48000)

TSMuxer does not like AC3 encoded at 44100 Hz
Old 18th March 2008, 02:09   #948  |  Link
survivant001

@Atak_Snajpera

is it possible to split the ouputed 264/ac3 files by 4 gigs max ?

the reason is this : I have a external HD that I want to use to transport the movie to the PS3.. but it's FAT32 (no choice, the PS3 doesn't read NTFS).. If I choose 1DVD as output.. it doesn't fit on the HD (limit 4 gigs)

tsmuxer doesn't have the support to split files yet.
survivant001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 02:11   #949  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

^ testing now..

UPDATE: same problem..

Last edited by ~bT~; 18th March 2008 at 02:20.
Old 18th March 2008, 05:28   #950  |  Link
Ryu77

I still don't see anything to warrant that the K-lite codec pack is rubbish except very opinionated ideas.

I have been using K-lite for about 6 years now and I have encoded to many formats including mpeg2, mpeg4 sp/asp (h263), AVC/h264, DTS, ac3, aac, mp3... etc. etc. SD/HD, upside down, flip it and reverse it... LOL! Never have I once experienced any problems or conflicts with my encoding applications.

I am not claiming to be an expert as there are obviously a lot of people here that are quite switched on. However, I still have enough experience to validate my opinion here.

I still can not understand why K-lite is considered crap. You can easily check or uncheck any codec configurations you like. There is also a full direct show control panel that allows you to select which codecs are enabled or disabled. So if any problems occur you can easily rectify this through some tweaking of these controls. The codecs installed are generally vfw or acm, so if you wish to use command line codecs like RipBot264 does then of course K-lite has no effect on that whatsoever.

I am completely ready to listen and even accept your opinion. All that I ask for is some reasoning behind these statements. Would that be possible please?

Last edited by Ryu77; 18th March 2008 at 05:32.
Old 18th March 2008, 06:26   #951  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu77 View Post
I still don't see anything to warrant that the K-lite codec pack is rubbish except very opinionated ideas.

First mistake we are not opinionated but actually quite right it is not our opinion that Packs suck it is a firm knowledge...

I have been using K-lite for about 6 years now and I have encoded to many formats including mpeg2, mpeg4 sp/asp (h263), AVC/h264, DTS, ac3, aac, mp3... etc. etc. SD/HD, upside down, flip it and reverse it... LOL! Never have I once experienced any problems or conflicts with my encoding applications.

You've been lucky or you lied (don't take offence I never do)

I am not claiming to be an expert as there are obviously a lot of people here that are quite switched on. However, I still have enough experience to validate my opinion here.

Yes much to base it one but fact none... The reason you even showed up on this forum was to tell us about errors you had with this software... (the codec packs are a usual suspect) <--See you lied you had a problem--No biggie

I still can not understand why K-lite is considered crap. You can easily check or uncheck any codec configurations you like. There is also a full direct show control panel that allows you to select which codecs are enabled or disabled. So if any problems occur you can easily rectify this through some tweaking of these controls. The codecs installed are generally vfw or acm, so if you wish to use command line codecs like RipBot264 does then of course K-lite has no effect on that whatsoever.

Now if you can't

Oh but I can :-P

I am completely ready to listen and even accept your opinion. All that I ask for is some reasoning behind these statements. Would that be possible please?
Ok since you have declared you are not an expert fallow the instruct of the people who are... Its for your own good really...

Ok reasoning ---> Un ---> Explained ---> Errors.....

1) The command line does use the codecs that are on the system to decode what ever is being encoded...

2) We can not identify problems you are having in the wares on your computer unless we subject our selves to the madness that is/are Codec packs...

3) K-lite and others configure the codecs in ways that leave much to be desired.

(Example) Lets say you have lame for decoding your mp3 but you also have on that same system FFDshow and Fraunhofer or other doing the same. The mp3 because the person had the audacity to install a codec pack plays back choppy Why well to many codecs only one mp3...

The same is true for video...

4) The idea behind FFDshow is that you will only need one codec (ie one codec fits all) FFD will decode most any format file you can ever imagine... And more every day...

haali is the proverbial mascot of MKV/MP4 it complements FFDshow directly...

Last edited by Ajax_Undone; 18th March 2008 at 06:45.
Ajax_Undone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 07:01   #952  |  Link
ajamils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax_Undone View Post
All Codec packs are rubbish there isn't one been produced yet that holds any validity for use in encoding circumstances...

FFD should be the only *UPDATED* codec bundle used... and that can be installed from my installer for ripbot and autoMKV... www.stage-x.org here you can find the download links... Enjoy...

If you wish to update the ffdshow codecs at anytime just go here http://ffdshow.info/ and download the clsid latest nightly build... (ie the latest build will have the highest build number in clsid genaric builds)...

*Edit Ok now you can get the latest installer from my site...
I uninstalled the K-Lite codec pack and used the installer for RipBot on your site. Installation went fine but when I tried to convert a mkv file I got the error message (inside Media Player Classic - getinfo.avs).......
Code:
"Load Plugin: unable to load "C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\AviSynth plugins\BassAudio\Bassaudio.dll"

(C:\Users\Aj\AppData\Local\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line3)

Any Idea ??
ajamils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 07:11   #953  |  Link
Ryu77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu77 View Post
Hello Atak_Snajpera, thank you very much for this awesome application.

Just wanted to mention...

I loaded up an AVIsynth script and DTS audio seperately. When RipBot attempted to encode the audio, I received the notorious Windows warning "aften.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."... but RipBot continues to encode the audio regardless of this warning.

I swapped the aften.exe with the x86 (non SSE) version that I downloaded previously and it's working fine now (without the Windows warning).

Any idea what caused this?

EDIT: Also, after RipBot has finished encoding the audio where does it go? Does it get stored in a temp folder? It didn't appear in the output folder I allocated.
That was my first post on this thread. 100% based on a command line encoder (controlled by RipBot264's GUI), which I fixed myself by exchanging it with a different version (Aften).

It's all good. You obviously have your opinion and I'll have mine. Ajax, all your points are completely valid for somebody that doesn't know how to configure codecs correctly. See, the difference is that I don't use K-lite as a lazy way of configuring everything automatically. Instead I see it as an efficient way of obtaining most of the codecs I need as I am quite dedicated to my career and I simply don't have the time to download everything one by one. With some careful installation and configurations, I have found that there will be no confilcts occuring.

I was looking for solutions not ways to exploit any weaknesses that RipBot264 may have had. Nothing is perfect.

Note: My very first opening sentence thanked Atak for creating this software.

I would really like to make amends here. If I can back track a little bit... The problem I had was not with Atak's opinion of K-lite, he is certainly entitled to that. It was the way he said it. He should have known that since I was the person that suggested K-lite that I would take offence. Who wouldn't to this?... "DO NOT INSTALL THIS SHIT!!!!! CODEC PACKS ARE FOR LAMERS AND NOOBS!".

Now to answer your post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax_Undone
Ok reasoning ---> Un ---> Explained ---> Errors.....

1) The command line does use the codecs that are on the system to decode what ever is being encoded...
Agreed... To decode! But not to encode. In RipBot264, all the encoders are in the "tools" folder. The problem I had, as I mentioned above was with the Aften ac3 encoder.

Quote:
2) We can not identify problems you are having in the wares on your computer unless we subject our selves to the madness that is/are Codec packs...

3) K-lite and others configure the codecs in ways that leave much to be desired.

(Example) Lets say you have lame for decoding your mp3 but you also have on that same system FFDshow and Fraunhofer or other doing the same. The mp3 because the person had the audacity to install a codec pack plays back choppy Why well to many codecs only one mp3...

The same is true for video...
Didn't you see the part where I mentioned that K-lite includes a "control panel" to prevent this? It is called the "Codec Tweak Tool". Admittidly, most nOObs probably don't know about this feature or how to use it. I don't see it as too much of a challenge to make sure that one decoder is set to decode each type of format. Also as FFDshow is an integral part of K-lite, you also get the FFDshow video and audio decoder configuration panel, also ensuring that no conflicts will occur.

Quote:
4) The idea behind FFDshow is that you will only need one codec (ie one codec fits all) FFD will decode most any format file you can ever imagine... And more every day...

haali is the proverbial mascot of MKV/MP4 it complements FFDshow directly...
I agree 100%. Haali is a fantastic container splitter as is FFDshow as a decoder. As I said above K-lite is pretty much FFDshow and Haali with a few extra codecs thrown into the mix also. I use Media Player Classic... This is included. I prefer to use the DivX decoder for mpeg4 sp/asp... This is also included (as the pro version). I sometimes use HuffyUV (lossless compression) to create an edited "master" file as an in between for testing purposes to get optimum results... This is also included. I could continue explaining my reasons but it really doesn't matter because they are important to me but not so much to you.

I would much rather make friends here as I believe that we all have something to offer that someone else doesn't. Working together we can surely achieve more. My point was never to try to prove anyone wrong or inferior. I have better virtues than that. I was simply disappointed that Atak didn't consider his words before he spoke them. I guess I had higher expectations of him as I felt that he did a very good job of putting RipBot264 together. I thought a person of his intelligence would have a larger vocabulary to choose from. Since then I have realised that his English isn't 100%, so I find that I could easily put all this in the past. However, ever since I made my "K-lite" post, I seem to have been defending my reasons for using the K-lite mega codec pack, which was besides the point. My point seems to have been lost in a different argument now. I hope we can move past this and start focusing on ways to improve all this software which we all love and know so well.

Last edited by Ryu77; 18th March 2008 at 08:41.
Old 18th March 2008, 07:12   #954  |  Link
IYG

I have a problem.
Even I choose "do not crop" or "Automatically", I still didn't receive a right aspect ratio.
Any idea what caused this?
IYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 08:52   #955  |  Link
IYG

And my final movie's pictures is kind of like this:

I used [ level 4.1 ] HD . BluRay . Consoles
What should I change?
Old 18th March 2008, 09:01   #956  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

It's called interlacing, hombre. You have to de-interlace to get it back to "normal". There are billions of ways to do it, so for more info just look into the avisynth options.
Old 18th March 2008, 11:18   #957  |  Link
IYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin7777 View Post
It's called interlacing, hombre. You have to de-interlace to get it back to "normal". There are billions of ways to do it, so for more info just look into the avisynth options.
May you be more specific?
I appreciate it.
I usually have this problem with music show too.
Old 18th March 2008, 12:19   #958  |  Link
Ryu77

Quote:
Originally Posted by IYG View Post
May you be more specific?
I appreciate it.
I usually have this problem with music show too.
It is more than likely pulldown material. What I would suggest is that you load the video into AVIsynth and scan through the frames one by one via using your right cursor key.

Do you get 3 progressive (clear and smooth) frames followed by 2 interlaced frames (like the photo you posted)?

If you do, then you need to apply inverse 3:2 pulldown.
Old 18th March 2008, 13:44   #959  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

just a suggestion, but maybe Atak can incorporate source detector like buzzqw has done with automkv?
Old 18th March 2008, 13:58   #960  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
^ testing now..

UPDATE: same problem..
I've converted (once again Kelly_rowland.mkv with forced resampling and everything is ok. Audio correctly muxed and plays fine in MPC.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360