Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 3rd January 2016, 12:51   #681  |  Link
GZZ

I can play the AVS file in MPC-HC (32 bit), says cannot render in 64 bit version. But on the 32 bit version its playing and show the correct duration, but only getting black screen.

I got AVSSynth vers. 2.6.0.6 installed

My AVS script:

Quote:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\BDtoAVCHD\MVCsource.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\BDtoAVCHD\SupTitle\SupTitle.dll")

Interleaved = MVCsource("E:\Encoding\Temp\The_Martian_3D-HTAB.job_0.avc.h264", "E:\Encoding\Temp\The_Martian_3D-HTAB.job_0.mvc.h264", 203743, 2)

Right = SelectOdd(Interleaved).SupTitle("E:\Encoding\Temp\The_Martian_3D-HTAB.job_0.sup", forcedOnly=false, swapCbCr=false, relocate=false)
Left = SelectEven(Interleaved).SupTitle("E:\Encoding\Temp\The_Martian_3D-HTAB.job_0.sup", forcedOnly=false, swapCbCr=false, relocate=false)

return StackVertical(VerticalReduceBy2(Left), VerticalReduceBy2(Right))
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 13:34   #682  |  Link
pistacho

Maybe it's a problem with the Intel Graphics drivers. Rename Intel Media SDK path to force use internal libmfxsw32.dll included with BDtoAVCHD (SW mode):

Code:
C:\Program Files\Intel\Media SDK => C:\Program Files\Intel\Media SDK xxx
And try again.
pistacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 16:38   #683  |  Link
GZZ

I updated my GFX driver using the intel update tool and it found a new driver, but upon install it said it was older then my current driver, but I updated anyway and now its working as it should.
Old 3rd January 2016, 17:54   #684  |  Link
GZZ

Installing the new driver did work until 80%, then it stopped servering frames and stall the encoding. After a reboot it still didnt want to just play my avs file. So know I'm trying SW Mode, by renaming the Media SDK folder and move the libmfxsw32 to C:\Windows\System32 folder. Lets hope it works.

On my system, it dosnt seem like there is any improvement in using HW instead of SW when it comes to speed. But lets hope it works.
Old 3rd January 2016, 18:13   #685  |  Link
pistacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZZ View Post
So know I'm trying SW Mode, by renaming the Media SDK folder and move the libmfxsw32 to C:\Windows\System32 folder.
Do not move "libmfxsw32.dll" anywhere. Only renaming Media SDK Folder. (I did not say anything more)
Old 3rd January 2016, 19:31   #686  |  Link
GZZ

if I just rename the "Media SDK" folder to something else I get the error "Cant init decoder in line 4" when trying to play the AVS file, but if I move the "libmfxsw32.dll" to System32 it work just fine.
Old 3rd January 2016, 20:14   #687  |  Link
pistacho

You got something strange in your system. If BDtoAVCHD is installed on a clean system BDtoAVCHD works as it is (logically is not needed to manually copy files in system32 and the installer doesn't do).

EDIT: Probably you have others "libmfxsw32.dll" versions from others programs (maybe FRIM or BDrebuilder) with modifications on system default paths or something.

EDIT2: BDtoAVCHD installer does not change anything in system paths. BDtoAVCHD ony uses "libmfxsw32.dll" from it's local folder in normal (clean) conditions.

Last edited by pistacho; 3rd January 2016 at 20:23.
Old 3rd January 2016, 23:46   #688  |  Link
GZZ

I do have BDrebuilder, but never used it, will try uninstall it, but my file move did work and the movie did encode. So I know its working. Why not a switch in the application to use SW instead of HW?
Old 12th January 2016, 22:11   #689  |  Link
KaraokeAmerica

The Martian

Is there anything that could change from BR to BR that could affect the success of a rip?

I am trying to rip "The Martian" from an ISO that I ripped using AnyDVD-HD. I am getting this behavior again:

"[Step 2/3 - X264 CRF] Recode video using x264, single pass CRF..."

As described in this post:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...66#post1749666

In the last instance we couldn't get it to work until the latest version of the program came out. In this case, again, nothing has changed.

I am trying again now using the original BR disk instead of from the ISO. I also once again reset the program to defaults.

I will update once I have an outcome. Thank you!
KaraokeAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2016, 23:21   #690  |  Link
KaraokeAmerica

Sadly, it is hanging again.....
Old 13th January 2016, 11:47   #691  |  Link
pistacho

It's not the same thing... This time the fail is only with this disc (The Martian) and only with HW mode (related to Intel Graphics drivers).

It seems that this disc has something special and does not like Intel drivers.

As workaround rename Intel Media SDK folder in order to use SW mode and it should work fine:

Code:
C:\Program Files\Intel\Media SDK  =>  C:\Program Files\Intel\Media SDK xxx
(when finished this conversion restores the folder original name)
Old 13th January 2016, 22:18   #692  |  Link
Yasso

Subtitles

I have now tryed to incode a movie four times, but I cant get subtitles to show up!
Newer had this problem...
Can anyone help??
Yasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 22:43   #693  |  Link
KaraokeAmerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistacho View Post
It's not the same thing... This time the fail is only with this disc (The Martian) and only with HW mode (related to Intel Graphics drivers).

It seems that this disc has something special and does not like Intel drivers.

As workaround rename Intel Media SDK folder in order to use SW mode and it should work fine:

Code:
C:\Program Files\Intel\Media SDK  =>  C:\Program Files\Intel\Media SDK xxx
(when finished this conversion restores the folder original name)
Yes, this worked, thank you! It is much slower though!
Old 13th January 2016, 22:45   #694  |  Link
KaraokeAmerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasso View Post
I have now tryed to incode a movie four times, but I cant get subtitles to show up!
Newer had this problem...
Can anyone help??
I have only ever tried subtitles with a single movie: "The Walk" because the main characters are French and although most of the film is English there are times that they are speaking French with sub-titles.

I opted for ONLY forced sub-titles and although I haven't watched the entire movie yet, I know they showed up at least some of the time. As far as I know the entire thing is correct, but I haven't finished yet.
Old 2nd February 2016, 10:09   #695  |  Link
pistacho

Version 2.5.3 (02/02/2016)
  • Updated: Mkvmerge to version 8.8.0.
  • Updated: x264 encoder to version 148.2665.
  • Updated: x265 encoder to version 1.9.1.
DOWNLOAD => BDtoAVCHD_v2.5.3.msi
Old 14th March 2016, 11:01   #696  |  Link
pistacho

Version 2.5.4 (03/14/2016)
  • Updated: Mkvmerge to version 8.9.0.
  • Updated: x264 encoder to version 148.2682.
  • Updated: x265 encoder to version 1.9.88.
DOWNLOAD => BDtoAVCHD_v2.5.4.msi
Old 21st March 2016, 20:51   #697  |  Link
Caerbannog

Subtitle bug in 2.5.4 and feature request

I think I've found a bug in 2.5.4. I've been converting several of my 3D Blu-rays, and normally my preference is to leave both the audio and subtitles as untouched so that I can do more post-processing with them later. Lately, however, I've noticed that subtitles have been getting burned into the resulting .m2ts file. When I play it back through VLC, the subtitles are showing up even though VLC doesn't recognize that there's an active subtitle track. The only way to get around it is by re-encoding the disc again without any subtitles at all. (I haven't tried "forced only" because very few of my discs have forced subtitles.)

This has only been a recent problem. I guess I could reinstall a previous version to see if it's this particular version, but I wanted to mention this to you.

By the same token, I would really like it if BDtoAVCHD would not remove everything once a job is added to the queue. I normally only do one disc at a time; so for instances like the subtitle issue or if I want to also render the same disc in a 2D format, I need to go through and do everything from scratch, including going through the "Scan Bitrates" function. This seems like a waste of time if no other discs are involved.

I still love the program (and to show support I don't block your ads), but I wanted to mention these.
Caerbannog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2016, 11:16   #698  |  Link
pistacho

Caerbannog:

This is not a bug: the only subtitles format for 3D SBS/TAB output is burned subtitles (as is part of video cannot be disabled in player time).

Thera are four options:
  • "None": no subtitles are included in output (is the default when no exist forced subtitles in selected language).
  • "Untouched": entire track of selected language is included in output.
  • "Flagged Forced": entire track of selected language is included in output and subtitles are flagged as forced (is the default when the souce track contains only forced subtitles and is properly detected by program).
  • "Extract only Forced": only forced subtitles of selected language (if any) is included in output (is the default when source track contains mixed complete subtitles and forced subtitles and is properly detected by program).
In summary: if "Scan bitrates" is executed and default options are used the program detects if exist forced subtitles in souce and includes it in output only if matches with selected language.

EDIT:
If you want PGS subtitles (switchable at player time) is required 3D MVC output format but only is compatible with "real" 3D Blu-Ray players.

Last edited by pistacho; 29th March 2016 at 11:22.
Old 29th March 2016, 11:52   #699  |  Link
KaraokeAmerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistacho View Post
Caerbannog:
EDIT:
If you want PGS subtitles (switchable at player time) is required 3D MVC output format but only is compatible with "real" 3D Blu-Ray players.
Are there are any software players that can play these?
Old 29th March 2016, 18:19   #700  |  Link
pistacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraokeAmerica View Post
Are there are any software players that can play these?
Yes exits some SW players (e.g. PowerDVD 15) that can reproduce 3D Bluray isos with PGS subtitles, etc. although some requirements still needed: Graphics card with HDMI 1.4 or better and Windows 8.1 or 10 (Windows 7 or lower cannot output 3D video trough HDMI) and of course 3D TV or monitor.

Other alternative are network media players as Mede8er (http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_product_med600x3d.htm) can stream 3D isos from network shared folder.

Or recently LAV filers (https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases) is beginning to support MVC decoding but requires compatible player that also support 3D Blu-Ray (probably MPC-HC developer/nightly builds but I don't known current state).

Tags
avchd, bdtoavchd, blu-ray ripper, m2ts, ps3