Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20th March 2011, 02:40   #6101  |  Link
Razoola

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairchild View Post
Yes, I've pretty much given up on using MPC-HC 32-bit because of this. I'll be patient though and hopefully Madshi will have a version of MadVR with working subs for other players. for trying to help.
Probably a silly question to ask but I'll ask it anyway as it popped into my head. Are you using the special 32bit MPC-HC builds that madshi and nevcairiel posted links to a few pages back?
Razoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2011, 02:49   #6102  |  Link
fairchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
Probably a silly question to ask but I'll ask it anyway as it popped into my head. Are you using the special 32bit MPC-HC builds that madshi and nevcairiel posted links to a few pages back?
Yes, I tried those as well with the same result. It hangs on my system the moment I try to open/play any file. I have to go into the task manager to end the process because my system becomes unresponsive.

Edit: the version of MPC-HC that Madshi posted doesn't hang my system, it just stays forever on Opening, when I try to open/play any file. It's pretty weird what is screwed up in my system and why the 32-bit version won't run. If there was some way I could debug this I would but I have no clue how or if it can be done.

Last edited by fairchild; 20th March 2011 at 02:58.
fairchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2011, 03:03   #6103  |  Link
Razoola

Quote:
Yes, I tried those as well with the same result. It hangs on my system the moment I try to open/play any file. I have to go into the task manager to end the process because my system becomes unresponsive.

Edit: the version of MPC-HC that Madshi posted doesn't hang my system, it just stays forever on Opening, when I try to open/play any file. It's pretty weird what is screwed up in my system and why the 32-bit version won't run. If there was some way I could debug this I would but I have no clue how or if it can be done.
Maybe a madVR log file might help madshi from this point.
Old 20th March 2011, 03:09   #6104  |  Link
fairchild

Quote:
Maybe a madVR log file might help madshi from this point.
The player doesn't get to the point where it even opens the file and loads all the decoders, renderers, filters etc. So it's not even connecting to MadVR for it to create a log. It's just majorly borked and won't do anything.
Old 20th March 2011, 04:22   #6105  |  Link
jmone

FYI - Had to rollback to V43 from the new V45 as I was getting Black Screens and a non response MC (but Audio would play on). Let me know if you want JR or madVR Logs.

(cross post at J.River Media Center Beta Forum)
jmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2011, 04:24   #6106  |  Link
Hypernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
madVR v0.44 released

http://madshi.net/madVR.zip

Code:
* fixed ZoomPlayer OSD graphical corruption problem (again)
* fixed bug in OSD text message handling
* added support for subtitle rendering through ISubRenderCallback

The MPC-HC subtitle renderer now fully works with madVR! However, I had to fix a couple of bugs in MPC-HC to make it work properly. Furthermore I've patched MPC-HC so that it now draws its text messages by using madVR's internal OSD text message system. My bugfixes are already committed to the MPC-HC SVN, so all new SVN builds compiled by other people should also work just fine with madVR v0.44. For your convenience I've uploaded a fixed MPC-HC executable file here:

http://madshi.net/mpc-hc.zip

Enjoy!
Oh yesssssssssss! I was thinking that I should not get any hope on subtitle since I hear nothing from you and you said you're busy fixing bug, so I tried not to ask you about it either, but my biggest thing in madVR wishlist is finally done! Woohoo, I'm so testing this right away. Sorry I have to post to get my excitement out.
Old 20th March 2011, 04:33   #6107  |  Link
blaster00

Any chance of x64 version?
blaster00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2011, 04:46   #6108  |  Link
Hypernova

OK, I have problem to report. I'm using the same file as ranpha as reference.

I have the "Position..." option fully enable. In fullscreen exclusive mode, if I do something so madVR has to switch out of exclusive mode, the subtitle will go outside of the video frame as if the "Position..." option is disabled. It won't go back even when madVR switched back to exclusive mode.

Other than that it works great, outside of squeezed text which also happen in EVR.

Edit: Kinda obvious but I should say that if I disable exclusive mode altogether then there is no problem, which is what I'll be doing right now.

Edit2: I use MPC-HC 2990 Black edition from xvidvideo.ru, but I also double check with your version to make sure and it does the same thing.

Last edited by Hypernova; 20th March 2011 at 04:49.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2011, 05:56   #6109  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

Quote:
Anyways, I digress this is just something screwed up in my Win7 install and I don't want to format and reinstall just to run mpc-hc 32-bit. My problems on my system are running the new version of MadVR with potplayer. If there is another 32-bit media player that runs reclock and madvr fine and has the new subtitle support I'd be willing to try that.
Most MPC crashes actually come from codecs. Do you check the "module" in the crash report? That should give you an idea of where to start, but some codecs corrupt memory in such a way that the crash comes in another module. Lots of crash dumps combined with a debugger usually helps; you can collect and post a 7z in case someone has the time to check out why. Please make another thread if you do, though.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2011, 07:07   #6110  |  Link
fairchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
Most MPC crashes actually come from codecs. Do you check the "module" in the crash report? That should give you an idea of where to start, but some codecs corrupt memory in such a way that the crash comes in another module. Lots of crash dumps combined with a debugger usually helps; you can collect and post a 7z in case someone has the time to check out why. Please make another thread if you do, though.
There is no crash report generated, so I have nothing to check. I've tried using all the stock decoders and filters as well as configuring it to use ffdshow same as the other media player I use, but same results.

I have tried requesting support back in november, but I was just directed to this page and told to delete some registry entries and any residual files which I did, but that never helped.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc...ing_guidelines
Old 20th March 2011, 09:21   #6111  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
I expected the next version to be related to fullscreen exclusive mode.
Me, too...

Quote:
I have had a play with subtitles and problems are coming here if I seek forwards and backwards a single movie file, it dosent happen all the time but most times it does. It basically continues the subtitles without taking into account I have seeked to an earlier point in the movie. I quickly checked with the EVR renderer to confirm it does not happen there.
I can't seem to reproduce that here. Can you create a log file for me, please? Please try to reproduce the problem with only one seek. If you can't in the first try, please delete the log, close MPC-HC and try again. Having only one seek in the log file would help saving time for me. Thanks.

Quote:
this hopefully means subtitle support for all players may be coming.
All players which support "ISubRenderCallback" (which is the method used by MPC-HC's internal subtitle renderer) should work just fine with madVR now - except some players may need a bugfix or two.

Quote:
Anyways this new version is spitting out this error and locks up my player randomly and I have to go into the task manager and end the task. Also sometimes it loads, but when I try to go fullscreen and enter exclusive mode it spits this error out:

MadVR reports:
-resetting Direct3D device failed (8876086c)

I've tried un-registering, deleting all files, reinstalling, re-registering and same thing. I haven't changed any MadVR settings, they are all at default when I install fresh. I tried disabling reclock so basically it's just potplayer's splitters for everything but MKV and ffdshow for decoding. If I roll back to the previous version I was using 0.43 everything works again.

I'm using the config in my sig. Is this update just designed for MPC-HC and that's why it's not working for me since I'm trying to use it with PotPlayer.

Basically for some reason on my system it's just not working.
The reason is a bug in PotPlayer. The same bug I already fixed myself in MPC-HC. Basically madVR is calling "ISubRenderCallback.SetDevice(NULL)" to release all subtitle Direct3D resources, and PotPlayer ignores the command. madVR can not reset the Direct3D device while there are still active D3D resources, so that's where the problem is coming from. This needs to be fixed by the PotPlayer developer. If he wants to have it easy, he can just double check how I fixed the problem in MPC-HC. See here:

http://mpc-hc.svn.sourceforge.net/vi...&view=revision

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmone View Post
Wow never knew you were so dangerous!
Can you please complain to Trend Micro? Thanks!!

Quote:
FYI - Had to rollback to V43 from the new V45 as I was getting Black Screens and a non response MC (but Audio would play on). Let me know if you want JR or madVR Logs.

(cross post at J.River Media Center Beta Forum)
Hmmmm... It works for me here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster00 View Post
Any chance of x64 version?
What would you need that for? The x86 version works just fine on 64bit OSs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
OK, I have problem to report. I'm using the same file as ranpha as reference.

I have the "Position..." option fully enable. In fullscreen exclusive mode, if I do something so madVR has to switch out of exclusive mode, the subtitle will go outside of the video frame as if the "Position..." option is disabled. It won't go back even when madVR switched back to exclusive mode.

Other than that it works great, outside of squeezed text which also happen in EVR.

Edit: Kinda obvious but I should say that if I disable exclusive mode altogether then there is no problem, which is what I'll be doing right now.
This makes the 3rd reported subtitle problem I can't reproduce on my PC... Which zoom/aspect ratio etc settings are you using in MPC-HC when you experience this problem?

Last edited by madshi; 20th March 2011 at 09:28.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2011, 09:26   #6112  |  Link
namaiki

Quote:
This makes the 3rd reported subtitle problem I can't reproduce on my PC... Which zoom/aspect ratio etc settings are you using in MPC-HC when you experience this problem?
madshi, did you test on Windows 7/Aero? (if related at all :/)
namaiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2011, 09:32   #6113  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

No, I didn't test on win7/Aero, but I don't think it has anything to do with that. E.g. rendering the subtitles at the wrong position is a "logic bug" which should be OS/Aero independent.
Old 20th March 2011, 10:19   #6114  |  Link
neb1236

Thanks a lot for the subtitle rendering support madshi, good work.
Some threads before someone talked about a proportion bug, this bug is about video that don't have a 1:1 Pixel aspect ratio.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc-hc/ticket/60 here it is, if anyone could fix it since mph-hc team doesn’t want to work on it. Grab the test case at the end of the ticket for easy understanding.
Of course non 1:1 PAR video are getting very rare, and the problem can be solved by writing the ASS script without PAR compensation.
neb1236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2011, 10:24   #6115  |  Link
Razoola

Here is a log, http://unibios.free.fr/madlog.rar

Just to give some specs, Im on Win7x64SP1. After the single seek forward the subs are display way out of sync.
Old 20th March 2011, 10:40   #6116  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Oh well, can't see much wrong in that log. Anyway, I'll try a different syncing mechanism in the next build, maybe it will work better.
Old 20th March 2011, 10:44   #6117  |  Link
Razoola

Quote:
Oh well, can't see much wrong in that log. Anyway, I'll try a different syncing mechanism in the next build, maybe it will work better.
Here is a screenshot that shows the problem clearly Bottom subtitle is madVR, top is ffdshow with a manual placement. This is only happening with external subtitles (in sub /srt files), those within mkv are working fine.

Old 20th March 2011, 11:10   #6118  |  Link
jmone

Not that this helps - but subs have worked for me in this and earlier versions of madVR in JR MC using LAVSplitter, FFDSHOW (with Subs Selected) and madVR just fine
Old 20th March 2011, 11:15   #6119  |  Link
jmone

Quote:
Can you please complain to Trend Micro? Thanks!!
Done - O evil one
Old 20th March 2011, 11:22   #6120  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Not that this helps - but subs have worked for me in this and earlier versions of madVR in JR MC using LAVSplitter, FFDSHOW (with Subs Selected) and madVR just fine
Thats because you're using ffdshow to render the subs, and not the MPC-HC sub renderer which works with every decoder. ffdshow directly pins the subs onto the decoded image, the renderer does not know about it. The MPC-HC sub renderer creates a surface with the sub information on, and relys on the renderer to merge that surface onto the picture from the decoder.

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling