Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 22nd February 2010, 16:19   #6941  |  Link
soneca

Quote:
if I update x264 64bit to rev. 1442 Ripbot crash. why ?
I'm using this rev.x86(Komisar) and it works perfectly.

Last edited by soneca; 22nd February 2010 at 16:20. Reason: edit
soneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:31   #6942  |  Link
stasi

Hi Atak,
I found a little warning in my job.txt:

Quote:
D:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\RipBot264\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "D:\Video.mkv" --title Video" --default-duration 0:25fps -d 0 -A -S "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" --language 0:ger -a 0 -D -S "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac" --chapters "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"

mkvmerge v3.2.0 ('Beginnings') built on Feb 12 2010 16:46:17

'D:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264': Using the AVC/h.264 ES demultiplexer.

'D:\temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac': Using the AAC demultiplexer.

'D:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264' track 0: Extracted the aspect ratio information from the MPEG-4 layer 10 (AVC) video data and set the display dimensions to 720/406.

'D:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264' track 0: Using the MPEG-4 part 10 ES video output module.

Warning: AAC files may contain HE-AAC / AAC+ / SBR AAC audio. This can NOT be detected automatically. Therefore you have to specifiy '--aac-is-sbr 0' manually for this input file if the file actually contains SBR AAC. The file will be muxed in the WRONG way otherwise. Also read mkvmerge's documentation.

'D:\temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac' track 0: Using the AAC output module.

The file 'D:\Video.mkv' has been opened for writing.
As you can see I´m using mkvtoolnix 3.2.0. The Video created plays fine. I post this just for information, it seems a little paramter is missing.
stasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2010, 19:51   #6943  |  Link
pacaveli211

xantius: make sure your last step is going into the video properties (where you set resize, crop, etc options) and clicking ok. if you don't do this sometimes, it seems, it doesn't properly write the script, then consequently the video doesn't process properly and you end up with a scrolling / flickering green thing. at least this is what I've found from my experience.
pacaveli211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2010, 20:12   #6944  |  Link
xantius

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacaveli211 View Post
xantius: make sure your last step is going into the video properties (where you set resize, crop, etc options) and clicking ok. if you don't do this sometimes, it seems, it doesn't properly write the script, then consequently the video doesn't process properly and you end up with a scrolling / flickering green thing. at least this is what I've found from my experience.
I've had videos that were in queue. Some were resized to run on my blackberry (480x360) and others were resized to 720p, but that still happened. In fact, if I convert 1 video after a fresh reboot, it will convert fine. Then if I exit RipBot and start it again, and then load the same file to convert (didn't keep it in que, but browsing for it just like it did the 1st time), it will still be scrambled like that.
xantius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2010, 22:09   #6945  |  Link
illestdomer2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel40204 View Post
Application Name: x264_x86.exe.
i posted the log above few replies if you look back . avisynth is the application in the log crashing . but i removed and reinstalled without any result. this is really frustrating . i am using bsplayer 2.51 with its own codecs . but i noticed fddshows changes when i use ripbot and bsplayer crashes afterwards.
this should be simple. installation . was working under xp . but another beast under windows 7 .32bits
this is really frustrating as i can't understand why when following simple guidelines of install . i get this crap .
and i an not a pc geek on ffdshows and other codecs use .
Did you uninstall bsplayer and try it? I'm not sure if it installs codecs on your system or not, but that could be a problem. As a rule of thumb, you only want ONE set of codecs on your system. You don't want K-Lite, CCCP, FFdshow, et al installed on there at the same time...

Also, it looks like x264 crashed. You might try replacing x264 with a previous version. Has this same thing happened for you on multiple discs, or are you just trying the same one? I have had problems in the past with a certain disc, and it ended up being scratched or faulty in some other way.
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2010, 23:13   #6946  |  Link
xantius

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacaveli211 View Post
pacaveli211, when I got home, I tried it to make sure that was the last step I did, and sure enough it works fine.

Thanks a bunch!
xantius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 01:02   #6947  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

@xantius
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/files/
BTW. I had the same problem some time ago. Problem disapeared when I installed newer ffdshow version.

@stasi
I will add that switch

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 23rd February 2010 at 01:05.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 01:23   #6948  |  Link
pacaveli211

last time I tried to update my ffdshow it broke everything else =\
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:55   #6949  |  Link
WildTexasChef

Is there anyway in rip bot to change the Frame reference number from 2 to 3, or even to 4?

I ahve also noticed that in 2-Pass mode that KBPS is limited to 8192kbps. Is there anyway to increase that?

I have a Blu-ray that I ripped to my hard drive with AnyDVD and stored on my NAS server as backup. The original video encoding of the Blu-ray is allready in H.264.

I notice a HUGE difference in video quality on my 65" plasma between playing the M2TS file at its full bit rate of almost 25mbps and after I make it into an MKV with a bit rate of only 8192kbsp.

I love how RiPbot works. Expecaily when converting VC-1 to H.264. However the Bitrate is to low for my needs. I would like it to be higher so that I can get better quality video.

Thanks

WTC
WildTexasChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:07   #6950  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
I ahve also noticed that in 2-Pass mode that KBPS is limited to 8192kbps. Is there anyway to increase that?
eee i don't know. You will have to figure out something.

Quote:
I love how RiPbot works. Expecaily when converting VC-1 to H.264. However the Bitrate is to low for my needs. I would like it to be higher so that I can get better quality video.
You should ask yourself "WHY I don't just use CQ@18"??
Answer to that question would be "Because I like to waste time and space"
Old 23rd February 2010, 15:35   #6951  |  Link
Balthazar2k4

Since I really don't feel like experimenting, does the latest ffdshow still cause problems with RipBot?
Balthazar2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 15:42   #6952  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

why don't you check?
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:11   #6953  |  Link
Discoboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar2k4 View Post
Since I really don't feel like experimenting, does the latest ffdshow still cause problems with RipBot?
Yes r3274 Feb 19th 2010 is working all OK for me
Discoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 19:01   #6954  |  Link
consultant

Stops without error

Any ideas why RipBot would just stop. I'm encoding Star Trek 2 Search for Spock and at 28.1% done, it doesn't go any further. No error or crash message, the progress just freezes. I restarted the encode and it did the exact same thing.
consultant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 19:24   #6955  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

try different ffdshow versions. Also make sure that your movie is not damaged @ 28.1%. Check frames belond that point.
Old 23rd February 2010, 20:24   #6956  |  Link
Balthazar2k4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
why don't you check?
Well I wasn't being lazy as much as I didn't want to put on the latest and then have to turn around and dig up and install an older version if it didn't work. Just trying to save some leg work as I figured someone had already tried it.
Old 23rd February 2010, 20:24   #6957  |  Link
Balthazar2k4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discoboy View Post
Yes r3274 Feb 19th 2010 is working all OK for me
Thanks!
Old 24th February 2010, 15:13   #6958  |  Link
pacaveli211

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildTexasChef View Post
Is there anyway in rip bot to change the Frame reference number from 2 to 3, or even to 4?
yes, click the [...] next to the profile in the encoding settings window

Quote:
no it's not, you can type in any custom kbps

Quote:
I have a Blu-ray that I ripped to my hard drive with AnyDVD and stored on my NAS server as backup. The original video encoding of the Blu-ray is allready in H.264.

I notice a HUGE difference in video quality on my 65" plasma between playing the M2TS file at its full bit rate of almost 25mbps and after I make it into an MKV with a bit rate of only 8192kbsp.
no you don't =P

Quote:
as atak said, maybe you should just be using cq18 instead of messing with 2pass
Old 24th February 2010, 16:29   #6959  |  Link
beb7089

RipBot264 and iPod syncing

Has anybody ever successfully been able to encode a video with RipBot264 for the iPod and been able to sync it to their iPod? I get a message in iTunes that states that the video is not compatiable with my iPod.

My iPod is the 5.5G and firmware 1.3

I have successfully created hundreds and hundres of video for my AppleTV using RipBot264 that work flawlessly. But I have always use Handbrake when I want to create videos specifically for my iPod. I would like to use RipBot264 due to it updated with the latest tools and the fact it performs inverse telcine with better quality than handbrake could.

I've tried the [Base3.0] iPod... profile just the way it was distributed. I also altered the profile to level 2.1, 2.2 with no help. Tried removing all the microblock option and no work. Tried removing adaptive quantization and no work. Reduced MaxBitrate and no work.

I took one of my videos done on handbrake and a the video done with the default [Base3.0] iPod profile and use mediainfo to compare. Couldn't find anything setting that is different other than the encoding and wrapping tools used.

Could mp4box be causing the issue? I've tried removing the -MPEG4 switch out of the mux.cmd file.

Please assist.

Thanks
beb7089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 16:40   #6960  |  Link
prettyboy85712

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb7089 View Post
Has anybody ever successfully been able to encode a video with RipBot264 for the iPod and been able to sync it to their iPod? I get a message in iTunes that states that the video is not compatiable with my iPod.

My iPod is the 5.5G and firmware 1.3

I have successfully created hundreds and hundres of video for my AppleTV using RipBot264 that work flawlessly. But I have always use Handbrake when I want to create videos specifically for my iPod. I would like to use RipBot264 due to it updated with the latest tools and the fact it performs inverse telcine with better quality than handbrake could.

I've tried the [Base3.0] iPod... profile just the way it was distributed. I also altered the profile to level 2.1, 2.2 with no help. Tried removing all the microblock option and no work. Tried removing adaptive quantization and no work. Reduced MaxBitrate and no work.

I took one of my videos done on handbrake and a the video done with the default [Base3.0] iPod profile and use mediainfo to compare. Couldn't find anything setting that is different other than the encoding and wrapping tools used.

Could mp4box be causing the issue? I've tried removing the -MPEG4 switch out of the mux.cmd file.

Please assist.

Thanks
Obviously you didn't search this thread very hard.
prettyboy85712 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360