Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2nd February 2002, 19:51   #1  |  Link
DSPguru
BeSweet Author

How To Submit A Bug Report

1 a. make sure you're using the latest release of BeSweet. (i can't support old versions).
2 b. feel free to report bugs for beta releases, unLess i already released a newer stable release.
3 c. don't send me bug-reports/query-for-help on Private-Message, this isn't a private issue! lots of people are interested in those bugs.
4 d. please state the command line was used. (if you use the GUI - click the "Copy command to clipboard" button).
5 e. always create a logfile and paste it in your thread. the whole logfile ! (let me decide what is relevant, and what isn't)
6 f. if BeSweet raised gpf (crashed), please state the process that raised the gpf (for instance : BeSweet.exe , hip.dll , azid.dll,...).
7 g. if it could be relevant - point out the operating system/computer system was used.

8 Latest stable release is : v1.4. Latest beta release is v1.5b31.
9 if you've downloaded a beta version, beware it's sometimes an upgrade to the latest stable version, and you must unpack the stable version first.

10 Known issues in v1.5 :
11 - not all FRC (frame-rate-conversion) values are supported. common FRCs are supported (NTSC2PAL / PAL2NTSC).
12 - OGG Vorbis output requires installation of OggDs.
13 - currently '-6chogg' doesn't work with -ssrc( .. ), -boost( .. ), -ota( -g .. ).
14 - ABR Ogg on 48khz isn't supported by the RC3 dlls, and will be switched with VBR Ogg. if you insist on using ABR, downsample the track using -ssrc( --rate 44100 ).
15 - Mono2Stereo plugin sometimes crashes when used together with SSRC. (this plugin isn't needed anymore, since v1.5)
16 - ac3enc.dll creates (almost) useless ac3 streams. don't use it to encode things you care for. it's there only for test purposes.
17 - Downsampling from 48Khz to 44.1Khz and doing frame-rate conversion of PAL to NTSC doesn't work at the same time. (simultaneous NTSC to PAL + downsampling does work). this should work if you use -soundtouch( ) for the PAL2NTSC instead of "-r"

18 Latest stable & beta releases of BeSweet can be found on my site.

Last edited by DSPguru; 8th September 2005 at 21:15.
DSPguru is offline   Reply With Quote