Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 24th January 2003, 16:25   #1  |  Link
moko

avisynth logo plugin

I was wondering if there's any logo plugin for anisynth. Of course there's the excelent logo plugin for vdub but I want to use anisynth. I tried to load the vdub plugin in avisynth but I don't know the exact arguments for it and I also don't want to be limited only to RGB32 surface. If anyone know about that kind of plugin or maybe make one (very simple, with the exact options as in vdub) that will be great.
moko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2003, 16:33   #2  |  Link
Wilbert

You can try it with Layer.
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2003, 19:08   #3  |  Link
Sigma9

There is a simple way to use VDUB filters in AVS scripts: I am using this 'vdub_filters.avs' to make the 'DeLogo' filter accesible. I am killing opaque station logos with this, which works very nicely - inspecting the result you can hardly see there had been a logo.

The only drawback is this takes plenty of time, but (for me) its worth it.

All filters incl. how-to can be found via links on Donalds VDUB homepage.

Try it.

/Sigma9
Sigma9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2003, 20:52   #4  |  Link
theReal
Piper at theGates of Dawn

Not quite the same, but similar: I'm using DeLogo (VDub filter) a lot with avisynth. It loads easily like this:
Code:
LoadVirtualdubPlugin("drive:\path\delogo.vdf","delogo",int_preroll)
(...)
delogo(*insert delogo commandline from VDub .vdf file here*)
...however I'd also like to have that filter for YUY2 or even better YV12 instead of RGB32 only...
Old 25th January 2003, 13:39   #5  |  Link
Walda

I'm trying to write very simple Logo YUV12 resp. YUY2 plugin for Avisynth 2,5 with very simple alpha masking. But first version with only XY bluring was very slow, and even the test version of Plugin with only memcpy (srcp,dstp,sizeof) is slower then using Delogo in Vdub??. I don't understand why?? So I'm not sure if i'll continue in this work.

Zdenek W.
Walda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2003, 14:34   #6  |  Link
moko

Walda
If you'll finaly get it to work so don't forget to tell me... (btw, I think alpha masking is not realy needed, what it needs is just transparency option)

Sigma9, the Real
I tried to use vdub's delogo filter, but so far couldn't get it to work. I tried using the template script containing the functions but it didn't work.
Old 25th January 2003, 15:23   #7  |  Link
cweb

This would really be useful and on my wish list

Quote:
Originally posted by theReal
Not quite the same, but similar: I'm using DeLogo (VDub filter) a lot with avisynth. It loads easily like this:
Code:
LoadVirtualdubPlugin("drive:\path\delogo.vdf","delogo",int_preroll)
(...)
delogo(*insert delogo commandline from VDub .vdf file here*)
...however I'd also like to have that filter for YUY2 or even better YV12 instead of RGB32 only...
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2003, 12:56   #8  |  Link
Sigma9

@moko:

For me it went straightforward - no probs at all.
So give more details: which OS? which version of DeLogo? Did you follow the guide on the *.html page (this is really step-by-step)? Or DID it work technically and you are just not pleased with the result?

/Sigma9
Old 26th January 2003, 17:40   #9  |  Link
theReal

Quote:
It doesn't work for you??

I've been using it daily since avisynth 2.05. Now I'm using it with avisynth 2.5, I'll give you an example of my perfectly working script:

Code:
LoadVirtualDubPlugin("H:\avisynth2\delogo.vdf", "delogo", 2)

avisource("Futurama.avi")

crop(6,6,708,564)

#tweak(bright=-10)

LanczosResize(384,288)

temporalsoften(6,10,8,scenechange=10,mode=2)

SpatialSoften(2,5,8)

converttoRGB32()

delogo(1, "", "", "", "", "G:/ProSieben.bmp", 10, 140, 0, 0)

convertbacktoyuy2()

temporalsoften(4,10,8,scenechange=10,mode=2)

converttoyv12()

warpsharp(30,30)
xsharpen(20,30)

MonitorFilter()
Note that it's for the Simpsons, so the heavy filtering is ok. Also the color-format conversions are still necessary in avisynth 2.5 (MJPEG is YUY2 only, temporalsoften has a bug in YV12, spatialsoften only works in YUY2 and Warpsharp only works in YV12 - but I guess all that will change sooner or later (at least I hope so...)
Old 27th January 2003, 01:03   #10  |  Link
moko

theReal
Thanks for the last reply. I just want you to explain a bit more about this operation if you can

first, when you loaded the plugin: why did you put the 2 at the end og the line?

second,

delogo(1, "", "", "", "", "G:/ProSieben.bmp", 10, 140, 0, 0)

Please explain about every parameter. what I need is just put a bitmap at a defined position with totally no blurring/alpha, but with transparency.
For example: Let's say I have bitmap that I want to put at: x 300 y 120, with tranparency that's solid blue (0,0,255), how's my script (well, only the delogo line...) should look like?

btw, I don't know if it really matters, but for now I generaly prefer to use avisynth 2.07 not the alpha release, so take that in mind. If it's necessary I will use the alpha.
Old 27th January 2003, 05:19   #11  |  Link

The 2 parameter is the "preroll":

Quote:
The preroll should be set to at least the number of frames the filter needs to pre-process to fill its buffers and/or updates its internal variables. This last argument is used in some filters like: SmartBob?, SmartDeinterlace?, TemporalCleaner? and others. The reason is that due to filtering architecture of Virtual Dub the future frames can't be accessed by a filter. Dividee reports: "In the "Add filter" dialog of VirtualDub, some filters have a "Lag:" value in their description. I think this is the value that must be used as preroll. Unfortunately, this indication is not always present. In those cases you have to guess." Of course you can always ask the creator of the filter.
The Delogo filter is for removing logos whereas it sounds like you want to apply a logo. You want to get my Logo filter from the URL below and import that.

Last edited by Guest; 27th January 2003 at 05:59.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2003, 11:46   #12  |  Link
theReal

I'm not sure if a preroll of 2 is good - it works just as well without this parameter, but I thought 2 can't hurt...

I only used the example of delogo to show how you can load (most) VDub filters in avisynth. It is, as neuron2 said, made to remove logos (which it does quite well).

The commandline:
(1, "", "", "", "", "G:/ProSieben.bmp", 10, 140, 0, 0)

is copied and pasted directly from a VDub .vcf file: I configured the filter in VDub, then I saved the processing settings ("File"->"Save processing settings") to a .vcf file. I opened this file with a text editor and looked for the commandline for the delogo filter. I just copied everything between the brackets right into the avisynth script, ready!

btw. in LoadVirtualDubPlugin("H:\avisynth2\delogo.vdf", "delogo", 2) the second parameter "delogo" is the name with which you can call the filter later on in the avisynth script. So if you write "xyz" instead, you have to call the filter like this:

xyz(*parameters*)
Old 27th January 2003, 16:22   #13  |  Link
cweb

Of course I was thinking of Chris Wojdon's LogoAway filter actually.

Quote:
Originally posted by cweb
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2003, 17:03   #14  |  Link
Sigma9

@moko:

I can only say again: read the docu! The use of all the parameters IS explained in detail there. Also, if you look into the include file which manages the import of VDUB stuff into AVS scripts - it has plenty of comments, too.

In short: the first are names of files that contain bitmaps with special purposes; the last ones correspond 10:1 to parameter settings made interactively when using the filter in VDUB.

Hope you can get it running - as I said, it does a very nice job.

/Sigma9
Old 27th January 2003, 18:01   #15  |  Link
theReal

Quote:
Of course I was thinking of Chris Wojdon's LogoAway filter actually.
Logoaway works in avisynth just as well as Delogo. The only reason I'm using delogo is that it seems a little faster to me and it removes a certain tv-channel logo better in my Simpsons captures.
Old 27th January 2003, 22:10   #16  |  Link
moko

theReal
Thanks very much. I didn't know that when you save vcf files the filters commands are also saved so now I will be able to properly use Donald Graft's logo plugin.

But anyway, just to remind that if there's someone who could make a simple logo plugin for avisynth that supports YUY2 and maybe even YV12 it will be most apreciated. I would make one myself if I knew how...
Old 15th August 2003, 17:05   #17  |  Link
kikounet

Quote:
Originally posted by theReal
Logoaway works in avisynth just as well as Delogo. The only reason I'm using delogo is that it seems a little faster to me and it removes a certain tv-channel logo better in my Simpsons captures.
So it would work in YV12 ?

So who could please an example?

I use Gordian Knot 0.28.5.2 to convert my satellite captures into DivX 5.02

I tried to use VDubMod to set up LogoAway but could not export the "magic sentence" to modify the AVS created by Gordian Knot...
kikounet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2003, 21:27   #18  |  Link
Wilbert

No, it works in RGB32. See VD_DeLogo in

http://www.avisynth.org/index.php?page=VirtualDub_II

for more info. You also need the first part:

http://www.avisynth.org/index.php?page=VirtualDub_I
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote