Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 27th May 2009, 03:30   #1  |  Link
MKVCrazy
HD-Fan

I want to fix these "things"

Hi, I'm so sorry if this kind of question has been posted. If you don't have the time to answer please at least give me a clue what I should be looking at.

I want to make the 2nd picture look like the 1st one. Right now the 2nd picture has a lot of some "things" like the aluminum-like borders around the light windows etc, the 1st picture looks more smooth than the 2nd picture. But when I compare the up close shot faces, they both look sharpen enough and hard to differentiate the two. The problem is only at some scenes like these.

1st picture

2nd picture

Please make a close/good comparison between the two captures and suggest me some tweak I should do to make the 2nd one look like the 1st picture (smotth and no those very tiny noise-like dots).

Thanks,
MKVCrazy
MKVCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 04:20   #2  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Post an unprocessed sample of your source.
Inspector.Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 19:26   #3  |  Link
MKVCrazy
HD-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector.Gadget View Post
Post an unprocessed sample of your source.
I converted short frame only using Avisynth command in the .avs file. What you mean by "unprocessed"? You mean the source?
Old 27th May 2009, 20:00   #4  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Yes. Cut and demux a portion of the main movie (not credits or similar) using DGIndex.
Old 27th May 2009, 20:11   #5  |  Link
poisondeathray

Post your avs script as well.

#2 looks like it was an encode (compression artifacts), not just an screengrab from avs script of the original. If this is the case, then this is more likely and encoding setting problem, not an avs script problem and you posted in the wrong subforum
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 01:04   #6  |  Link
MKVCrazy
HD-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
Post your avs script as well.

#2 looks like it was an encode (compression artifacts), not just an screengrab from avs script of the original. If this is the case, then this is more likely and encoding setting problem, not an avs script problem and you posted in the wrong subforum
Yes, the 2nd picture is the one I rencoded. The first one is the source. I encoded and when I did a screen to screen comparing, it doesn't look like I did right. I don't know what to use to fix those "artifacts". So I'm looking for some advice about Avisynth plugins/filters.
Old 29th May 2009, 01:10   #7  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

You must post a sample of your original source so that everyone trying to help you can test various Avisynth scripts.
Old 29th May 2009, 10:15   #8  |  Link
*.mp4 guy

It looks like you sharpened at some point, also, the artifacts you are seeing look to be DCT block discontinuities, IE blocking. So, use a higher bitrate, turn up deblocking, don't sharpen, use slower settings, do more denoising, use a lower resolution, etc.
*.mp4 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 09:23   #9  |  Link
MKVCrazy
HD-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *.mp4 guy View Post
It looks like you sharpened at some point, also, the artifacts you are seeing look to be DCT block discontinuities, IE blocking. So, use a higher bitrate, turn up deblocking, don't sharpen, use slower settings, do more denoising, use a lower resolution, etc.
is there any other way of removing the artifacts besides increasing the bitrate?
Old 1st June 2009, 04:48   #10  |  Link
thetoof
Sleepy overworked fellow

The rest of the sentence... in other words, lower the spatial and temporal complexity of your clip (less details, less information/data...).
thetoof is offline   Reply With Quote