Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 17th January 2007, 17:06   #1861  |  Link
spanky123

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwallersv View Post
[*]adaptive muxer seems to have a problem with xvid/mp3 output. When I do an autoencode, the xvid and lame encoding output is fine, but the muxed video output in the avi container is junk. File sizes (video+audio != muxed file) don't add up right. I can take the separate video and audo files and mux them with VDM and they're perfect.
Yeah same. Autoencode is ok, but when done manually it gets all screwed up - i posted a screenshot of what the video looked like a few pages back. So I use VDM to mux now.

Also, MeGUI's hasn't updated anything for over a week. It connects to servers but says there's no updates.
These are the add's im using atm
megui.org/auto
mewiki.project357.com/auto

Are these wrong ? or is there just no updates. There's plenty of bug's being posted so I'd imagine I'm missin out on some updates
Old 17th January 2007, 17:14   #1862  |  Link
kurt
sidekick

@spanky: have a look at Sharktooth's statement
Old 17th January 2007, 18:20   #1863  |  Link
Carpo

@spanky i posted about this a while back use AVI-Mux_GUI - works a treat
Old 18th January 2007, 12:01   #1864  |  Link
spanky123

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
@spanky: have a look at Sharktooth's statement
Oh yeah. I forgot.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpo View Post
@spanky i posted about this a while back use AVI-Mux_GUI - works a treat
Thanks. There's nothing wrong with doing it in VDM is there ?

Btw. Before I said that "if i 'autoencode' with xvid, then it muxes alright" but i take that back. It never muxes alright, whether it's done automatically or manually afterwards

Also, I did use 'autoencode' and now it's been muxed and screwed up. Is there anyway I can get the original video file before it was muxed ? MeGUI seems to have deleted it. Doh
Old 18th January 2007, 17:15   #1865  |  Link
dbunder

Don't know if this has been reported yet - obviously don't have time to go through the whole thread.

version: latest build 0.2.4.1026

If you have multiple jobs queued and shift-select them all then hit the delete button, you get an exception and have to force kill MeGUI in the task manager. This is totally reproducable.

In one instance, I did the above, and MeGUI wouldn't start anymore, even after a reboot. I had to do a clean install/update of it. I haven't been able to reproduce this one yet - but it's definitely linked to the above bug.
Old 18th January 2007, 18:46   #1866  |  Link
Carpo

@spanky program i posted about is updated and can do all combinations of muxing you like xvid/ac3 etc - which i believe vdm has issues with
Old 18th January 2007, 23:53   #1867  |  Link
Boow

megui 0.2.4 1026

When I encode xvid It goes through all steps fine. When It get the muxing stage I end up with an avi with sound and a black screen. This happens using autoencode. I can manually encode the xvid avi and the audio and mux them externally using avimuxgui and everything is fine. this only happens with xvid and avi container.

well looks like im not the only one with this bug but as another user said 94 pages is alot to go through to see if its already posted. ill leave this post if a mod wants to delete its ok.

Last edited by Boow; 19th January 2007 at 16:40.
Old 19th January 2007, 07:30   #1868  |  Link
bananacreamandpeca

Megui reports error then skips job.

EDIT: I tried using the plein avisynth script as generated by D2V-creator with no modifications of my own whatsoever.
The problem is still there. Megui reports the job has error, but leves me no clue to what after 39 MB of encode.
Anyone any idea what it could be, or what info do I have to provide for you to take me seriously?

original message:
Hi, can someone help me figure out whats wrong?
I created an AVS script wich displays nicely in AVSp.
Megui also opens it. But after 4 Megs of encode it skips the job saying it contains errors,
Then the next job (same video, other script), same problem.
Twice.
Leaving me with no idea whatsoever.

I use WinXP SP2, Megui 0241026

AVS:

Quote:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\MSharpen.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\aWarpSharp.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\degrainmedian.dll")

DGDecode_mpeg2source("C:\HE-MAN II\chapter 1\VTS_01_PGC_01_1.d2v",cpu=4,info=3)
ColorMatrix(hints=true)
edeintted = AssumeTFF().SeparateFields().SelectEven().EEDI2(field=-1)
tdeintted = TDeint(edeint=edeintted,order=1)
tfm(order=1,clip2=tdeintted).tdecimate(hybrid=3)

DeGrainMedian()
BicubicResize(576,432,0,0.5)
aWarpSharp(7,2)
MSharpen(threshold=30,strength=70,mask=false,highq=true)
Settings:
Quote:
--qp 20 --keyint 240 --min-keyint 24 --ref 9 --mixed-refs --no-fast-pskip --bframes 5 --b-pyramid --b-rdo --bime --weightb --direct temporal --filter -3,-3 --subme 7 --analyse all --8x8dct --scenecut 35 --me umh --thread-input --progress --no-dct-decimate --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "C:\HE-MAN II\chapter 1\ sugg2.mkv" "C:\HE-MAN II\chapter 1\sugg2.avs"
error:

Looking for job processor for job...
Processor found!
Starting job job3 at 7:11:15
Starting preprocessing of job...
Preprocessing finished!
encoder commandline:
--qp 20 --keyint 240 --min-keyint 24 --ref 9 --mixed-refs --no-fast-pskip --bframes 5 --b-pyramid --b-rdo --bime --weightb --direct temporal --filter -3,-3 --subme 7 --analyse all --8x8dct --scenecut 35 --me umh --thread-input --progress --no-dct-decimate --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "C:\HE-MAN II\chapter 1\sugg1.mkv" "C:\HE-MAN II\chapter 1\chapter 1 sugg 1+msharpen+awarp7.2.avs"
successfully started encoding
Processing ended at 7:17:33
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Log for job job3

avis [info]: 576x432 @ 29.97 fps (38825 frames)
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities MMX MMXEXT SSE 3DNow!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The current job contains errors. Skipping chained jobs
Processor found!
Starting job job1 at 7:17:33
Preprocessing finished!
encoder commandline:
--qp 20 --keyint 240 --min-keyint 24 --ref 9 --mixed-refs --no-fast-pskip --bframes 5 --b-pyramid --b-rdo --bime --weightb --direct temporal --filter -3,-3 --subme 7 --analyse all --8x8dct --scenecut 35 --me umh --thread-input --progress --no-dct-decimate --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "C:\HE-MAN II\chapter 1\ sugg2.mkv" "C:\HE-MAN II\chapter 1\chapter 1 sugg 2.avs"
Processing ended at 7:23:42

Log for job job1

Last edited by bananacreamandpeca; 19th January 2007 at 14:54.
Old 19th January 2007, 07:40   #1869  |  Link
Blue_MiSfit
Derek Prestegard IRL

Hey everyone.. Not sure if this bug has been reported, but I'm not too excited about sifting through 94 pages

Anyway, it's still in the latest version and has been there for a long time. Basically, if you go into the configuration for x264, under the RC and ME tab there are lots of options as we all know. Sometimes it's nice to be able to use the 'tab' key on the keyboard to iterate through all the options, especially keyframe interval and min gop size. Unfortunately, when you do this, it doesn't iterate in any logical order!

for example, enter a value for keyframe interval, hit tab, and you will be in the noise reduction box two boxes down!!! Not too important, but it irritates me!

~MiSfit
Old 19th January 2007, 07:58   #1870  |  Link
Selur

Sorry, just saw the bug was psoted before.
---
Got the following problem with MeGui:
- whenever I use AutoEncode to create an avi(xvid/mp3), the avi ist broken.
- if I manually queue the streams there's not problem
- if I use another container, there's no problem
(And no neither avi-mux gui nor the adaptive muxer in megui can remux the stream to avi, so a workaround like first convert to mkv then remux doesn't work )

Would be nice if this could be fixed.

Cu Selur
Old 19th January 2007, 12:16   #1871  |  Link
spanky123

Quote:
@spanky program i posted about is updated and can do all combinations of muxing you like xvid/ac3 etc - which i believe vdm has issues with
Thanks. VDM muxes fine.
MeGUI's muxer's got the issues (not just for me but for many people).

It's no real problem. It would just be a lot easier if the Megui muxer would automatically mux - save me about 10 seconds of opening up VDM - or other muxer - and muxing there.
Old 19th January 2007, 16:01   #1872  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_MiSfit View Post
Hey everyone.. Not sure if this bug has been reported, but I'm not too excited about sifting through 94 pages

Anyway, it's still in the latest version and has been there for a long time. Basically, if you go into the configuration for x264, under the RC and ME tab there are lots of options as we all know. Sometimes it's nice to be able to use the 'tab' key on the keyboard to iterate through all the options, especially keyframe interval and min gop size. Unfortunately, when you do this, it doesn't iterate in any logical order!

for example, enter a value for keyframe interval, hit tab, and you will be in the noise reduction box two boxes down!!! Not too important, but it irritates me!

~MiSfit
I'm pretty sure this is an issue with the order in which the boxes are drawn.
Old 19th January 2007, 19:32   #1873  |  Link
bananacreamandpeca

I figured maybe the VOB vould be corrupt (if even possible)?
I randomly encoded a video,
(avi -> quicktime proflie, no post processing -> x264)
Log says output is succesful, yet displays a weird bitrate

"encoded 21611 frames, 4.77 fps, 1388590.28 kb/s "
And the output shows nothing but black.

I uninstalled Megui, end downloaded megui again,
reinstalled.
encoded a video with standard profile. no pst processing
again same error
Now tell me what did I didnt try yet or havent done to try and figure it out myself?

Nobody wants to help me? no?
Old 19th January 2007, 19:37   #1874  |  Link
bananacreamandpeca

Processor found!
Starting job job1 at 18:58:11
Preprocessing finished!
encoder commandline:
--qp 20 --keyint 300 --min-keyint 30 --ref 5 --mixed-refs --no-fast-pskip --bframes 3 --b-pyramid --bime --weightb --direct none --filter -3,-3 --subme 7 --analyse all --8x8dct --scenecut 39 --me dia --merange 10 --thread-input --progress --no-dct-decimate --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "C:\test.mkv" "C:\HE-MAN II\chapter 1\chapter 1 sugg 1+msharpen+awarp7.2.avs"
Processing ended at 19:10:51

Log for job job1

Processor found!
Preprocessing finished!
encoder commandline:
--qp 20 --keyint 300 --min-keyint 30 --ref 5 --mixed-refs --no-fast-pskip --bframes 3 --b-pyramid --bime --weightb --direct none --filter -3,-3 --subme 7 --analyse all --8x8dct --scenecut 39 --me dia --merange 10 --thread-input --progress --no-dct-decimate --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "C:\test.mkv" "C:\HE-MAN II\chapter 1\chapter 1 sugg 1+msharpen+awarp7.2.avs"

Log for job job1

Processor found!
Preprocessing finished!
encoder commandline:

Log for job job1

Processor found!
Preprocessing finished!
encoder commandline:

Log for job job1

Processor found!
Preprocessing finished!
encoder commandline:

Log for job job1

Processor found!
Preprocessing finished!
encoder commandline:

Log for job job1

Processor found!
Preprocessing finished!
encoder commandline:

Log for job job1

Processor found!
Preprocessing finished!
encoder commandline:

Log for job job1

Processor found!
Preprocessing finished!
encoder commandline:

Log for job job1

Processor found!
Preprocessing finished!
encoder commandline:

Log for job job1

Processor found!
Preprocessing finished!
encoder commandline:

Log for job job1

Processor found!
Preprocessing finished!
encoder commandline:

Log for job job1

Processor found!
Preprocessing finished!
encoder commandline:

Log for job job1

Processor found!
Preprocessing finished!
encoder commandline:

Log for job job1

Processor found!
Preprocessing finished!
encoder commandline:

Log for job job1

Old 20th January 2007, 10:02   #1875  |  Link
Carpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky123 View Post
Thanks. VDM muxes fine.
MeGUI's muxer's got the issues (not just for me but for many people).

It's no real problem. It would just be a lot easier if the Megui muxer would automatically mux - save me about 10 seconds of opening up VDM - or other muxer - and muxing there.
when i said vdm has issues with ac3 i meant if you try cutting the avi, there have been reports that it knocks it out of sync - believe this only happens with ac3 tho

@bananacreamandpeca

try it without spaces and the + in the folder and file names
Old 20th January 2007, 11:55   #1876  |  Link
spanky123

Quote:
when i said vdm has issues with ac3 i meant if you try cutting the avi, there have been reports that it knocks it out of sync - believe this only happens with ac3 tho
Ok. I never really do XviD with AC3 - always do MP3.

But I'll keep that AVI MUX GUI just in case.

Thanks again
Old 20th January 2007, 21:34   #1877  |  Link
ottar

MeGui seems to look for the .xcm files under /extra/ in the wrong place.

Starting job job1-2 at 12:30:06 PM
Preprocessing finished!
encoder commandline:
-i "C:\dvd images\TAS_DISC1\e3.avs" -pass1 "C:\dvd images\TAS_DISC1\e3.stats" -bitrate 579 -kboost 100 -chigh 30 -clow 15 -overhead 0 -nopacked -vhqmode 4 -qpel -qmatrix "extra\eqm_v3ulr_rev3.xcm" -closed_gop -lumimasking -imin 3 -imax 5 -pmin 3 -pmax 5 -max_bframes 2 -bvhq -bquant_ratio 162 -bquant_offset 0 -bmin 3 -bmax 5 -threads 2
Processing ended at 12:30:07 PM

Log for job job1-2

xvid_encraw - raw mpeg4 bitstream encoder written by Christoph Lampert 2002-2003

Error opening input file extra\eqm_v3ulr_rev3.xcm

Using FileMon, I found that it was actually trying to open:

C:\dvd images\TAS_DISC1\extra\eqm_v3ulr_rev3.xcm

Copying the xcm file to that directory worked.
Old 20th January 2007, 21:46   #1878  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

@bananacreamandpeca

why did you post that log? It's something with x264 crashing. Run x264 from the command line and see if it crashes and or closes without outputting any info.

Your error is likely a result of faulty ram or an overclocked/unstable system.
Old 21st January 2007, 00:59   #1879  |  Link
Carpo

@ottar

you have to point them to where the file actually sits, defaultly it sits under

eg C:\Program Files\megui\tools\xvid_encraw\extra\some.xcm

or look here

http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/Me...doesn.27t_work

Last edited by Carpo; 21st January 2007 at 01:01.
Old 21st January 2007, 03:21   #1880  |  Link
spanky123

@ ottar
When I put them in the directory
\megui\tools\xvidencraw\extra
it doesn't find them

I gotta find it manually (which is no big deal - and only takes about 5 seconds). Then I just update the profile so that I don't have to do it again next time

Click 'config' > zones > quantizer matrix and then just make sure you find the right one (the name is already listed there). Note that for different profiles, the matrix is different.
Closed Thread