Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25th September 2009, 09:48   #8101  |  Link
G_M_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by albain View Post

I know that TotalMedia relies on directshow, but I am not sure for the last versions.
Maybe this is possible to build a graph manually with graphedit with arcsoft decoder and grab the media type that is passed to the renderer.
[...]
I've managed to register the AS HD audio decoder. I'll build a graph with that to see what it outputs to the renderer.
G_M_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 10:24   #8102  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_M_C View Post
I've managed to register the AS HD audio decoder. I'll build a graph with that to see what it outputs to the renderer.
Great ! Could you also check if there is a custom audio renderer among all arcsoft filters ?
albain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 10:54   #8103  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
Great ! Could you also check if there is a custom audio renderer among all arcsoft filters ?
Old 25th September 2009, 11:33   #8104  |  Link
G_M_C

Quote:
I'll get on it later today. But I think there is much more to this.

for ex. I've also managed to register ArcSofts Video decoder. It behaves strangely though, cant set fps of get it to connect to VC-1 streams. I think all AS filters have a direct link to the renderer/software, and that all settings are controlled via that way. If the behaviour of the video-decoder is any indication on how the audio-filters behave ....

But EAC3TO can conect to AS HD audio-filter and can get its bit-perfect decoded audio through it. But i think it is AS' software/renderer that is the only thing that can set HDMI-passtrough.

Last edited by G_M_C; 25th September 2009 at 11:52.
Old 25th September 2009, 11:35   #8105  |  Link
alexins
MPC-BE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by XhmikosR View Post
@alexins: Yes, I know. I created a patch to revert this change because I'm using komisar's MinGW for the 64bit version. Everything is fine now.

PS. If you read some posts before, you'll see that Mercury_22 is not the only one who's having issues with ICL 11.1.038 builds while 11.0.072 works as expected. Maybe you should change your ICL version to 11.0.072. (If you don't have it, send me a PM).
Intel issued a revised version of ICL 11.1.046.

NOTES

You must have a valid license for the Intel® Compiler Professional Edition or Intel® C++ Compiler Suite Professional Edition to install and use this product.
For mixed language applications built with the /Qipo option, we recommend using the Intel® Visual Fortran Compiler Professional Edition for Windows*, Version 11.1.046, package id w_cprof_p_11.1.046.
Intel Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel IPP) in Intel C++ Compiler Professional Edition for Windows* offers extensive sample code for application usage in Multimedia (Image, Audio, Video and Speech), Image/Signal Processing, Data Communication , multi-programming language support and more. Sample code and download information can be found at the Intel IPP Sample page.
For a list of defects fixed in this product version, please see http://software.intel.com/en-us/arti...11-fixes-list/.
Important note:

Title: Errata Reference Number DPD200139120

Problem: Applications built with the Intel® C++ and Visual Fortran Compilers Professional Edition, version 11.1 may hang or encounter a segmentation-fault when run on Microsoft* Windows 7* or Windows Server 2008* R2. Also, a similar issue may occur during installation of these compiler versions on these operating system versions.

Version:

Intel® C++ & Visual Fortran Compilers for Windows* 11.1 initial release and update 1 release:

Intel® C++ & Visual Fortran Compiler for Windows* 11.1.035

Intel® C++ & Visual Fortran Compiler for Windows* 11.1.038

Previous versions of the Intel® Compilers (version 11.0 or earlier) do not have this issue. Please refer to the corresponding Release Notes for additional information on minimum system requirements for which operating systems are supported by that product version.

For applications built with the Intel Compilers version 11.1, the problem is contained within the libirc.lib, libircmt.lib on Windows.

Last edited by alexins; 25th September 2009 at 11:42.
alexins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 16:02   #8106  |  Link
G_M_C

Quote:
I'll get on it later today. But I think there is much more to this.

for ex. I've also managed to register ArcSofts Video decoder. It behaves strangely though, cant set fps of get it to connect to VC-1 streams. I think all AS filters have a direct link to the renderer/software, and that all settings are controlled via that way. If the behaviour of the video-decoder is any indication on how the audio-filters behave ....

But EAC3TO can connect to AS HD audio-filter and can get its bit-perfect decoded audio through it. But i think it is AS' software/renderer that is the only thing that can set HDMI-passtrough.
Nope, cant get the AS audio decoder to connect to anything in Graphstudio. Somehow Madshi got EAC3TO to connect to it, but i dont know what to do/how to do it. Some tips might be helpfull.
Old 25th September 2009, 16:45   #8107  |  Link
XhmikosR

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexins View Post
Intel issued a revised version of ICL 11.1.046.
Thanks for letting me know. So maybe this will fix the problem Mercury_22 had since with ICL 11.0.072 everything was fine. Can you build an ICL version with 11.1.046? Because I'm on a slow connection and it will take me a while to download the new ICL.

Last edited by XhmikosR; 25th September 2009 at 16:47.
XhmikosR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 18:14   #8108  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
Nope, cant get the AS audio decoder to connect to anything in Graphstudio. Somehow Madshi got EAC3TO to connect to it, but i dont know what to do/how to do it. Some tips might be helpfull.
How do you know that eac3to connects to arcsoft decoder ?

AFAIK Masdhi uses ffmpeg decoders and holds its own parsers but he won't use directshow for that

Maybe arcsoft decoders have security checks : they may check the executable of the player, the input source filters...
Or maybe they won't accept the media types that are pushed in I know that Arcsoft defined its own mediaguids for DTSHD and TrueHD, so this may be the cause (the source filter/splitter).

Also are you able to use arcsoft source filters/splitters, connect it to arcsoft decoder and then to arcsoft renderer(s) ?

@Nicholi or anyone
Can someone post a link to a vorbis 6channels in order to fix this bug

Extract from ffdshow sources :
DEFINE_GUID(MEDIASUBTYPE_ARCSOFT_MLP ,0x4288b843, 0x610b, 0x4e15, 0xa5, 0x3b, 0x43, 0x00, 0x7f, 0xcf, 0xf6, 0x14);
DEFINE_GUID(MEDIASUBTYPE_ARCSOFT_DDPLUS ,0x71cfa727, 0x37e4, 0x404a, 0xae, 0xc0, 0x34, 0x84, 0x25, 0x32, 0xef, 0xf7);
DEFINE_GUID(MEDIASUBTYPE_ARCSOFT_DTSHD ,0xf6498f57, 0xb399, 0x4a43, 0xa6, 0xfa, 0xf6, 0x94, 0xad, 0x42, 0xb9, 0xbe);

Last edited by albain; 25th September 2009 at 18:18.
Old 25th September 2009, 18:23   #8109  |  Link
clsid

Here is a test file:
sample
Old 25th September 2009, 20:22   #8110  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
Thanks for letting me know. So maybe this will fix the problem Mercury_22 had since with ICL 11.0.072 everything was fine. Can you build an ICL version with 11.1.046? Because I'm on a slow connection and it will take me a while to download the new ICL.
No luck, same error. Info & CPU is still b0rked:

ICL 11.1.046 build: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IEN5TTCS
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.

Last edited by STaRGaZeR; 25th September 2009 at 20:26.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 21:19   #8111  |  Link
whurlston

Quote:
However we know that TotalMedia theatre + Asus Xonar will output bitstream successfully, but to do that did they use hidden APIs or an alternate audio renderer ? also did they use special mediatypes between the decoder and the renderer ?
I'm the guy who supplied the GUIDs you posted above. Those were taken from TMT version 2 when connecting the ArcSoft demux to the HD audio decoder. I beleive TMT uses hidden APIs and/or different media types to connect to the Xonar in order to bitstream. I have not been able to find them unfortunately. I also can't find an alternate audio renderer if they are using one. The TMT version 3 HD audio filter cannot be used in anything other than TMT itself due to the new protections being used.

I'll throw my Xonar back in and try again but G_A_W is using the new 5xxx GPU which bitstreams with PowerDVD 9, not TMT. It might also be easier to find out the media types being used by PowerDVD 9.

Last edited by whurlston; 25th September 2009 at 21:22.
whurlston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 22:27   #8112  |  Link
XhmikosR

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
No luck, same error. Info & CPU is still b0rked:

ICL 11.1.046 build: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IEN5TTCS
I'm not talking about this. This can be fixed by disabling vectorization ("/Qvec-" option), although I don't know if it's 100% safe to use.
I'm talking about the problem Mercury_22 and BatKnight had with regsvr32 hanging while installing.

ffdshow rev3088
Old 25th September 2009, 22:44   #8113  |  Link
clsid

Disabling an optimization should be safe.
Old 25th September 2009, 22:52   #8114  |  Link
XhmikosR

Thanks for the reply, clsid. I haven't noticed anything wrong myself with vectorization disabled. Do you plan to update the project files for ICL 11?
Old 25th September 2009, 23:26   #8115  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
I'm not talking about this. This can be fixed by disabling vectorization ("/Qvec-" option), although I don't know if it's 100% safe to use.
I'm talking about the problem Mercury_22 and BatKnight had with regsvr32 hanging while installing.

ffdshow rev3088
It's working now ! (ffdshow_rev3088_20090925_xhmikosr_icl11)
Old 25th September 2009, 23:28   #8116  |  Link
XhmikosR

OK, so it was indeed a bug with ICL11. Glad it's fixed now.
Old 26th September 2009, 00:26   #8117  |  Link
BatKnight

Quote:
Indeed. I've tested xvidvideo.ru's ffdshow 3088 ICL11 which is already 11.1.046 and it works fine, no more regsvr32 problems.

Bat
LAV Filters
BatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 08:32   #8118  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
Originally Posted by whurlston View Post
I'm the guy who supplied the GUIDs you posted above. Those were taken from TMT version 2 when connecting the ArcSoft demux to the HD audio decoder. I beleive TMT uses hidden APIs and/or different media types to connect to the Xonar in order to bitstream. I have not been able to find them unfortunately. I also can't find an alternate audio renderer if they are using one. The TMT version 3 HD audio filter cannot be used in anything other than TMT itself due to the new protections being used.

I'll throw my Xonar back in and try again but G_A_W is using the new 5xxx GPU which bitstreams with PowerDVD 9, not TMT. It might also be easier to find out the media types being used by PowerDVD 9.
OK I didn't know it was you.
You can extract the GUID mediatypes by disassembling with IDA pro but it is not trivial, I will try it

About new radeons, things are different because we can ask AMD about the implementation, this is no more corporate agreements such as asus+arcsoft, or cyberlink+azuentech
Old 26th September 2009, 09:22   #8119  |  Link
G_M_C

Quote:
[...]
About new radeons, things are different because we can ask AMD about the implementation, this is no more corporate agreements such as asus+arcsoft, or cyberlink+azuentech
On that front there is more news, bad news for me and my Asus maybe, but its news. I guess that as of next year PAP and HD audio streaming will become mainstream. Not only did Ati provide this possibility into their Graphics boards, but Intel has provided it into theirs as well.

As of the P57 chipset and their next chips (Clarkdale/Arrandale) Intel will provide streaming HD audio too. See Anandtech's article on this; Direct link to page 8 of the article where this is confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3648&p=8
The Radeon HD 5870 was the first graphics card to properly support bitstreaming of high definition Blu-ray audio codecs. Clarkdale/Arrandale is the second.

These CPUs come with an on-package GPU and that GPU supports the appropriate protected audio path to enable bitstreaming of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA. Of course 8-channel LPCM output is also still an option.
[...]
(like i said elsewhere, i rather like reading up on things there ).
Old 26th September 2009, 09:55   #8120  |  Link
whurlston

Quote:
OK I didn't know it was you.
You can extract the GUID mediatypes by disassembling with IDA pro but it is not trivial, I will try it
Ah yeah, that's a little beyond me.

Quote:
That's good news.
whurlston is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl