Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 23rd March 2008, 03:10   #221  |  Link
DeadlyFoez

Hey all, I've been following the dvd-a extracting scene for quite some time now, and recently I have seen the best improvements.

Well, because I dont have my actual hard copies available right now, I started over with online backups I had of the Dark Side of the Moon and Linkin Park's Reanimation.

With dvda explorer, I am having 2 issues, First with the Dark Side..., it will extract all but the 10th track. It will lock up there and I have to End Task with it. It will work fine if I dont have it output to a wav.

Second issue, Reanimation, it will not extract anythign from it, it just gives an error of not being able to open up the mlp converter. If I have it go straight to mlp, the files will be unplayable in the Creative Media Player which normally can play mlps.

My issue might just be that i had to download them from my online backups, and their big files so there is a slight chance for corrupted data, but I doubt it.

Oh, and one more issue is trying to straight encode into flac. I have the the flac binaries into the folder with dvdaexplorer and I have also used the flac codec installer and I still can't get the command line to work.

It would be cool to incorporate CDDB into this if possible, but I'm sure there'd be some smal obsticles, but nothign like ripping dvd-a's.

sweet ass program otherwise. Great job

Last edited by DeadlyFoez; 23rd March 2008 at 17:02.
DeadlyFoez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2008, 03:14   #222  |  Link
frenchglen

DeadlyFoez: please read forum rules. Especially rule no. 6
frenchglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2008, 03:38   #223  |  Link
DeadlyFoez

ummm, I haven't post any links, I have not talked about illegally sharing or downloaded media since it is linking park is somethign I do own, but just in storage because we are moving, and the 4.1 pink floyd was a freely distributed copy, and I didn't mention any names of any sites.

So given those circumstances, if you still feel my post was out of line in any ways then I'll change it, but I did think before I typed out my first post. Thank you for your concern
Old 23rd March 2008, 16:57   #224  |  Link
DeadlyFoez

ok, Thanx for the info. Now I have tried exactly that, only exception is that i have all the binary files in that folder, but that should not make a difference because they aren't being referenced.

I'll try it now.

Nope, still not working. I tried both with deleting the files and without. I have everything checked properly. No reason of why it shouldn't work.

And I'm not a newbie to computers bc I am a tech, so no dummy mistakes on this end. weird.
Old 23rd March 2008, 17:04   #225  |  Link
mommyman

Guys, is it legal to share and put links to inconvertible mlps to PM box? It won't be used for any other puposes except debugging.

DeadlyFoez
Have you tried to check "Log messages" and see what is put in DVDAExplorerEnc.log file?
You can try to use full path to flac.exe in "Run program" like: "c:\flac\flac.exe" "%filepath%"

Last edited by mommyman; 23rd March 2008 at 17:27.
mommyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2008, 17:26   #226  |  Link
Wilbert

Quote:
Guys, is it legal to share and put links to inconvertible mlps to PM box?
Of course.
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 09:37   #227  |  Link
elshagon

Tried Alpha 12, and it was much improved....very impressive.
elshagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 17:48   #228  |  Link
ron spencer
DVD Magistrate

@mommyman

this looks good!!!

hydrogen audio testing seems great as well!!!

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...8&#entry554597

THANKS!!!

you know what post 48 means?

I think it is from:

http://www.multimediadirector.com/he...daud_audio.htm
ron spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 19:01   #229  |  Link
mommyman

It seems to be about extracting stereo downmix from multichannel mlp stream. Standard (licensed) decoder does this by decoding substream 0 only. Downmixing coefficients would be needed if you were going to re-encode multichannel.
Old 25th March 2008, 22:45   #230  |  Link
ArgonIO

The problem with indexed mlp tracks still exists -- some tracks displayed without audio stream info. In my case of Alan Parsons -- I Robot, beta 7 showed info only for 1st track info, beta 8 and next -- for all tracks except last.

MLP without audio info can be extracted, but can't be decoded... There is suggestion to combine mlp without info with previous track WITH info solves problem. Yes, combined mlp CAN be decoded, BUT an audible CLICK emerges in place of append of file without info.

Sorry for my english, i'm hope you will understand my problem.
ArgonIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2008, 22:52   #231  |  Link
Wilbert

Quote:
The problem with indexed mlp tracks still exists -- some tracks displayed without audio stream info.
Just curious. How do you recognize "indexed mlp" tracks?
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 01:42   #232  |  Link
ron spencer
DVD Magistrate

indexed tracks are tracks that have "sub-tracks" in them

for example, the DVD-A could have 5 tracks

but you can have tracks within tracks....for example, say in track 3 you make 3 sub tracks, so when you get to track 3 and hit next, you will get sub-track 3 in track 3 as opposed to jumping to track 4....you see this alot in sympohony music.

see more at surcode webiste for discwelder....download Chrome manual here for better than my writing LOL!!!!

http://masi.hosting4less.com/PDFs/CHROME.pdf
Old 26th March 2008, 08:43   #233  |  Link
mommyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonIO View Post
The problem with indexed mlp tracks still exists -- some tracks displayed without audio stream info.
That sounds like mlp major sync doesn't fit in the first block of such track. Or the last track can de dummy one (length one second). What's play time?
Old 26th March 2008, 22:57   #234  |  Link
ArgonIO

The last track is wonderful "Genesis", a masterpiece of The Alan Parsons Project... Length is near 2,5 min.

While playing DVD-A throught PowedDVD there's no click on track change. Is there any way to extract all dvd a in single wav or mlp file, then make cue manually?
Attached Images

Last edited by ArgonIO; 26th March 2008 at 23:02. Reason: screenshot added
ArgonIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2008, 12:34   #235  |  Link
mommyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonIO View Post
While playing DVD-A throught PowedDVD there's no click on track change. Is there any way to extract all dvd a in single wav or mlp file, then make cue manually?
Definitely this occurs when major sync offset is closer to 2000 and it will be fixed. It's not possible to extract all disc as single wav or mlp because different tracks might have differnt formats. Nevertheless, you can gather number of mlps in the single one by command like this: "copy /b 1.mlp + 2.mlp + 3.mlp all.mlp".
Old 29th March 2008, 23:03   #236  |  Link
gfxnow

Problem with certain DVD-A

For some of my discs DVDAExplorer does not display any info about the MLP track and is unable to convert it to wav (although it does rip the MLP*). This is especially weird because not all tracks of the album are like that, some are fine while others are arbitrarily like this. I am using the latest version, Alpha12.
Interesting Caveat: With Alpha7 I was having the same problem with one of my discs (Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream) but the newer versions fixed it and i was able to backup that disc.

* = The ripped MLP seems to be garbage as reversing the Surcode MLP encoder on it doesn't extract it into wav files (like normal MLP files).
Attached Images

gfxnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 13:24   #237  |  Link
mommyman

Although there are some issues with mlp decoding (see ReadMe.txt) the final Alpha is out: http://www.sendspace.com/file/000tbq

--- ReadMe.txt ----------------------------------------------------------------

Changes:

Alpha 12 => Alpha "Final":

1. Major sync search fixed.
2. "Output directory" file dialog changed.
3. Drag & Drop support for "Open DVD-Audio zone" action.

Alpha 11 => Alpha 12:

1. Various UI improvements.
2. "Wait threshold" option added.
3. MLP decoding module (mlpdec.c) replaced.

Alpha 10 => Alpha 11:

1. "Run program" option added.

Alpha 9 => Alpha 10:

1. Bug in extraction of 16 bit MLP tracks fixed.
2. New wave format added.
3. Channel remapping when "Mergre groups" option checked.

Alpha 8 => Alpha 9:

1. Multiplatform, open source project.
2. MLP decoder has been moved into the main code.

since Alpha 7:

1. Indexed tracks supported.
2. Multiple tracks extraction.
3. Extraction from protected media with libdvdcpxm library.
4. MLP stream decoding with mlpdec module (part of FFmpeg project).

How To:

To run external program on extracted files enter command line in "Run program" edit box.
Select appropriate value for "Wait threshold". Extraction process will wait until difference
in sizes between extracted and processed files drops below threshold. Use smaller values when
short of free space.
Check "Delete files" to remove extracted files after exit from external program.
Command line substitution:
%path% - file path without file name
%filepath% - file name with path
%filename% - file name without file path
%filebase% - file name without extensions
%ext% - file extension
%channels% - total number of channels in file
%samplerate% - sample rate for group 1
%bits% - bits in sample for group 1

Examples:

1. To encode files with flac: flac -f %filepath%
2. To encode files with ffmpeg: ffmpeg -i %filepath% -y %path%/%filebase%.flac

Caveats:

1. When converting MLP tracks check DVDAExplorer.log file for messages from mlpdec.
If there is something like "[24] Lossless check failed - expected XX, calculated YY"
then extracted track should contain glitches.

Known Issues:

1. Track 09 on The Alan Parsons Project "The Turn of a Friendly Card" disc cannot
be extracted due to MLP decoder error: "FIR and IIR filters must use same precision".
2. Track 10 on The Alan Parsons Project "The Turn of a Friendly Card" disc is one block shorter
than declared in ATS_01_0.IFO.

Last edited by mommyman; 2nd April 2008 at 19:19.
Old 2nd April 2008, 18:37   #238  |  Link
ron spencer
DVD Magistrate

can you post the readme as a post here so all can see?

thanks
Old 2nd April 2008, 19:21   #239  |  Link
73ChargerFan

From readme.txt....

Caveats:

1. When converting MLP tracks check DVDAExplorer.log file for messages from mlpdec.
If there is something like "[24] Lossless check failed - expected XX, calculated YY"
then extracted track should contain glitches.

Known Issues:

1. Track 09 on The Alan Parsons Project "The Turn of a Friendly Card" disc cannot
be extracted due to MLP decoder error: "FIR and IIR filters must use same precision".
2. Track 10 on The Alan Parsons Project "The Turn of a Friendly Card" disc is one block shorter
than declared in ATS_01_0.IFO.
73ChargerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 10:47   #240  |  Link
mommyman

Flac is stuck after launch. Then DVDAExplorer extracts 1000MB of data and waits for flac. Try to check "Log messages" and see what is put into DVDAExplorerEnc.log file (must be flac log).