Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15th August 2002, 04:06   #1  |  Link
Sy

Questions for you CCE Pros

In rempeg you can set the scale factor to a certain percentage so that when remuxed it will fit on a DVD. I followed the guide Here and I don't see where you specify a desired filesize or percentage (unless that what that quantization number is for?) Or does it automatically set it for you?

There is a part in the guide (In the chapter extracter section) that says "In case you have an NTSC title don't forget to change the FPS rate in ChapterXtractor to 23976". I take it this is a typo and is meant to be 29970. Am I wrong?

Also is the next version going to support Dual Athalons? I have a Dual MP1800 rig with 1 gig of ram and I'm only getting 1.568 speed.

I forgot one last question: In the examples for CCE the author has "Zigzag scanning order" checked but he didn't cover why we should or should no do so... So do we or don't we... if so why?

Thanks for your help

~Sy

Last edited by Sy; 15th August 2002 at 04:10.
Sy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2002, 14:13   #2  |  Link
auenf

in CCE you have to set the bitrate, not a percentage or final file size, pick multi pass vbr and enter a bitrate and set the number of passes.

the 23976 is NTSC FILM, where pulldown is needed after cce encodes, if your source is 29.976 fps (ie non-FILM) then set 29.976.

not sure about the next version (there are a thread or two about 2.66beta in this forum somewhere), but 1.5 is quite fast anyway.

Zig Zag scanning order supposedly helps with progressive source or something, i remember robshot mentioned it in his guide.

Enf...
auenf is offline   Reply With Quote