Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 15th June 2007, 06:41   #301  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz01 View Post
If you set your chapter lenght to that of the entire feature, it would be equivalent to turning chapter marks off. No?
Good point.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 08:48   #302  |  Link
oldpainless

Hi....not sure if this will be useful re MKV direct input...but seems as though it might be of use?.....

http://www.zju.edu.cn/jzus/2006/A06S1/A06S113.pdf

Let me know if it helps

Kevin

Last edited by oldpainless; 15th June 2007 at 09:08.
oldpainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 14:30   #303  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Sure...

Here's an 27.0MB (.VOB) sample, that I have compressed using 7-zip.

http://www.mytempdir.com/1355317

Cheers

Fixed in 0.0.15. The size issues was due to the fact that I originally had 1:1 correspondance between SCR and PCR. I now create PCRs from SCRs close to the 1/10 of a sec optimal.

New version 0.0.15 only contains VOB/EVO -> TS/M2TS/Blu-Ray fixes.

Last edited by dmz01; 15th June 2007 at 14:54.
dmz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 14:53   #304  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Fixed in 0.0.15. The size issues was due to the fact that I originally had 1:1 correspondance between SCR and PCR. I now create PCRs from SCRs close to the 1/10 of a sec optimal.
Hi Dmz,

I've just tried v0.0.15 with the .VOB sample I provided and I'm still obtaining in-correct playtime and bit-rate properties

Cheers
Old 15th June 2007, 15:17   #305  |  Link
trilko

Quote:
Size fix seems to be ok, but I still get problems with audio. In original VOB they are ok (can demux them to elementary stream). In TS they seem to be corrupted somehow, cause when I try to demux them to ES I only get m2v file. Subtitles also don't work for me...
trilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 15:40   #306  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Hi Dmz,

I've just tried v0.0.15 with the .VOB sample I provided and I'm still obtaining in-correct playtime and bit-rate properties

Cheers
I'm not sure what tool you're using, various players (powerdvd, windvd, nero showtime) shows those to be correct. Do you know how playtime is computed in your tool?

EDIT: I tried the Manzanita TS Analyzer and it confirmed the length and bit-rate to be correct. I would trust that over your tool.

Last edited by dmz01; 15th June 2007 at 15:51.
Old 15th June 2007, 15:42   #307  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilko View Post
Size fix seems to be ok, but I still get problems with audio. In original VOB they are ok (can demux them to elementary stream). In TS they seem to be corrupted somehow, cause when I try to demux them to ES I only get m2v file. Subtitles also don't work for me...
I don't have any support for subtitles since the formats are different across all three - DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-Ray. I cannot reproduce your audio issue. For me audio works fine.

EDIT: I figured out what the audio issue is. Blu-Ray format requires the stream type of the DD audio to be "extended_stream_id" or 0xFD. In the past DD stream type was set to 0xBD or "private_stream_1". Players not compatible with new blu-ray format will most likely not be able to play TS files coming form Blu-Ray or TsRemux. The same applies to the various TS splitters like haali etc.

Last edited by dmz01; 15th June 2007 at 16:00.
Old 15th June 2007, 16:09   #308  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
I'm not sure what tool you're using, various players (powerdvd, windvd, nero showtime) shows those to be correct. Do you know how playtime is computed in your tool?
I'm using MediaInfo version 0.7.4.7.

With the "VOB source" MediaInfo reports this: -

And with "TSremux 0.0.15" MediaInfo reports this: -

From what I can determine MediaInfo appears to be quite accurate with other .TS (captured) sources....

Hope that helps.
Old 15th June 2007, 16:56   #309  |  Link
dmz01

Could be MediaInfo incompatibility with blu-ray TS. I can't think of any other reason why the Manzanita (pretty much industry standard) and various players show the time/bitrate correctly vs. the MediaInfo tool.
Old 15th June 2007, 17:24   #310  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Could be MediaInfo incompatibility with blu-ray TS...
Hmmm... that's a good point.

I've been testing TSremux for generating .TS files for use/compatibility with high-def hardware playback devices, like the ones mentioned here. All .TS files are stored on HDD's and served to the afore mentioned devices via an ethernet connection.
Old 15th June 2007, 23:08   #311  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Hmmm... that's a good point.

I've been testing TSremux for generating .TS files for use/compatibility with high-def hardware playback devices, like the ones mentioned here. All .TS files are stored on HDD's and served to the afore mentioned devices via an ethernet connection.
It's definitively a MediaInfo bug. Here's the output of MediaInfo on a generic (never been through TsRemux) blu-ray file:

Old 16th June 2007, 11:25   #312  |  Link
oldpainless

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1677c View Post
Firstly thanks for making this program secondly what is the TS output? Also I would like to make a request to go from m2ts to mp4 avc with an adjustable file size to fit on one dvd for example.
Don't think that's what this proggy is about.....you will need to reencode...see videohelp.com

Kevin
oldpainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2007, 11:31   #313  |  Link
baudi

New request

Dear Dmz01:

Could it be possible to implement a framerate changer in TSRemux for a .ts output (video stream only)?

Thank you for your great TSRemux.
baudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2007, 11:47   #314  |  Link
Adbear

Thanks for this program, keep up the good work. Still got a problem though, can take an evo file from a HD-dvd, get it to create a bdmv folder from the vc-1 and dd+ stream, plays back fine in powerdvd but plays back slow and jerky off blu-ray disc on a PS3. PS3 reports vc-1 for video, and Dolby digital multi-channel 48khz 112kbps for the audio
Adbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2007, 14:32   #315  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adbear View Post
Thanks for this program, keep up the good work. Still got a problem though, can take an evo file from a HD-dvd, get it to create a bdmv folder from the vc-1 and dd+ stream, plays back fine in powerdvd but plays back slow and jerky off blu-ray disc on a PS3. PS3 reports vc-1 for video, and Dolby digital multi-channel 48khz 112kbps for the audio
You could read the thread before asking questions that have been answered already. DD+ from HD DVD is not compatible with Blu-ray as-is; the frame size is not supported by Blu-ray players. As audio and video are synced, that causes the video to play improperly as well. PowerDVD plays the data, because it supports both BD and HD DVD.
Old 16th June 2007, 15:03   #316  |  Link
Adbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
You could read the thread before asking questions that have been answered already. DD+ from HD DVD is not compatible with Blu-ray as-is; the frame size is not supported by Blu-ray players. As audio and video are synced, that causes the video to play improperly as well. PowerDVD plays the data, because it supports both BD and HD DVD.
I did read the thread, but as there was a comment about having fixed the audio it was unclear whether he'd got round this problem
Adbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2007, 15:03   #317  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by baudi View Post
Dear Dmz01:

Could it be possible to implement a framerate changer in TSRemux for a .ts output (video stream only)?

Thank you for your great TSRemux.
What exactly do you mean by framerate changer? What are you trying to achieve?
Old 16th June 2007, 15:13   #318  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adbear View Post
I did read the thread, but as there was a comment about having fixed the audio it was unclear whether he'd got round this problem
You would have to re-encode to get around this problem. TsRemux is not about re-encoding.
Old 16th June 2007, 16:01   #319  |  Link
colinhunt

dmz01, there was talk earlier of adding muxer capabilities to TsRemux. I bumped into a file (AVC) which has DD2.0 audio, but I also have a synched dts audio for the movie. It would be really nice to drop the movie and the dts track into TsRemux, disable the DD2.0 audio and have TsRemux create a muxed .ts with dts audio.
Old 16th June 2007, 17:33   #320  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
dmz01, there was talk earlier of adding muxer capabilities to TsRemux. I bumped into a file (AVC) which has DD2.0 audio, but I also have a synched dts audio for the movie. It would be really nice to drop the movie and the dts track into TsRemux, disable the DD2.0 audio and have TsRemux create a muxed .ts with dts audio.
I'm working on MKV input now. Maybe afterwards.