Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 20th January 2010, 12:52   #641  |  Link
[ReX]

It's using vfw4x264.exe now instead of avs4x264.exe?

Why the change?

avs4x264.exe is faster here.
[ReX] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 14:10   #642  |  Link
TheProfosist

im having problems using the DGcreator and DGindexNV it creates a file incompatible with DGsource and fails going into AVS script creator is this because it hasnt been update for latest version and any plan to fix it?
TheProfosist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 14:16   #643  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfosist View Post
im having problems using the DGcreator and DGindexNV it creates a file incompatible with DGsource and fails going into AVS script creator is this because it hasnt been update for latest version and any plan to fix it?
It works perfectly for me. Have you tried creating your own script to verify that "DGcreator" and DGIndexNV is creating an invalid file?
rack04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 14:25   #644  |  Link
TheProfosist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack04 View Post
It works perfectly for me. Have you tried creating your own script to verify that "DGcreator" and DGIndexNV is creating an invalid file?
i have updated it to the latest build 2003

i did create one using DGindexNV and it puts out a dgm file. when using MeGUI it puts out a dgi file then when trying to load AVS script creator throws an error message saying some comand for DGSource is invalid

at the moment i create index file using DGindexNV crop inside it the create AVS scrip by hand having DGSource deinterlace and resize then tack on setting for FFT3dGPU

also i know with regular DGindex ColorMatrix is in AVS script is this needed with DGSource if so what script would be there?
Old 20th January 2010, 14:48   #645  |  Link

Quote:
i have updated it to the latest build 2003

i did create one using DGindexNV and it puts out a dgm file.
Build 2003 cannot create DGM files.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 17:47   #646  |  Link
TheProfosist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Build 2003 cannot create DGM files.
oops sorry!
im totally doing everything outside MeGUI at this point then just inputing the avsscript i manually made

i have build 2.0.0 beta 3
i input to DGindexNV a mpg file index file comes out is dgm

then i use this AVS script:
loadplugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\megui\tools\dgindexnv\DGDecodeNV.dll")

DGSource("C:\TEMP\Lain\07 - Cvt Vid\01.track_224-002_Track1.dgm", deinterlace=1, use_top_field=true, use_pf=true, resize_w=616, resize_h=480)

FFT3dGPU(sigma=4,sharpen=1.0,plane=4,precision=2,degrid=1.0)

hit enqueue takes a bit then hit start and its encoding at 6.7fps using the below x264 code:
program --profile high --level 5.1 --preset placebo --pass 3 --bitrate 1500 --stats ".stats" --thread-input --deblock 2:2 --bframes 5 --b-pyramid normal --rc-lookahead 40 --aq-mode 2 --aq-strength 1.5 --merange 16 --me umh --subme 7 --psy-rd 1.0:0.20 --no-mixed-refs --non-deterministic --vbv-maxrate 9800 --output "output" "input"

and it works but i cant for the life of me get DG NV to work through MeGUI like its supposed to.
Old 20th January 2010, 17:51   #647  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
i input to DGindexNV a mpg file index file comes out is dgm

then i use this AVS script:
loadplugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\megui\tools\dgindexnv\DGDecodeNV.dll")

DGSource("C:\TEMP\Lain\07 - Cvt Vid\01.track_224-002_Track1.dgm", deinterlace=1, use_top_field=true, use_pf=true, resize_w=616, resize_h=480
As neuron2 stated, "Build 2003 cannot create DGM files." The output extension is DGI.
Old 20th January 2010, 17:56   #648  |  Link
TheProfosist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack04 View Post
As neuron2 stated, "Build 2003 cannot create DGM files." The output extension is DGI.
then how did i just make one using the program and use it in a script then encode useing it?

also dgi is listed as imcompatible when i tried to use it
Old 20th January 2010, 18:27   #649  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ReX] View Post
It's using vfw4x264.exe now instead of avs4x264.exe?
Why the change?
avs4x264.exe is faster here.
Because avs4x264 produces garbage if the source is mpeg2 with DGDecode_mpeg2source serving this file (I do not know if dgmpg is the source of the problem or mpeg2 in general or avs4x264). vfw4x264 has no known problems.

Last edited by Zathor; 20th January 2010 at 18:50.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 18:27   #650  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
then how did i just make one using the program and use it in a script then encode useing it?

also dgi is listed as imcompatible when i tried to use it
No clue. Maybe MeGUI update server has older version of DGIndexNV. Where is it listed as incompatible?
Old 20th January 2010, 18:30   #651  |  Link

Quote:
Use the latest build: DGDecNV build 2003!
Old 21st January 2010, 01:21   #652  |  Link
TheProfosist

Quote:
hmm i though that was what i had because i just went to this site yesterday to get it http://neuron2.net/dgdecnv/dgdecnv.html

homefully 2003 will fix some of the huge pixelation that i just got when encoding also
Old 21st January 2010, 01:47   #653  |  Link
TheProfosist

ok dled 2003 got dgi file. still using dgindexnv outside megui because i need to crop but i can now put a dgi files right into the script editor which is good. but im having problems with the fieldop option because i dot know how to tell the difference between something being 3:2 pulldown or interlaced
Old 21st January 2010, 01:55   #654  |  Link

"Build 2003" and "2.0.0 beta 3" are not the same thing!

I recently went to the 4 digit build number.

I answered your 3:2 versus interlaced question in the DGNV thread.
Old 21st January 2010, 02:09   #655  |  Link
TheProfosist

Quote:
"Build 2003" and "2.0.0 beta 3" are not the same thing!

I recently went to the 4 digit build number.

I answered your 3:2 versus interlaced question in the DGNV thread.
yep got it! thanks for all the help! i must have just started useing the day u switched
Old 21st January 2010, 07:37   #656  |  Link
CIHx264

Hi Zathor, thanks for taking over megui and putting in, what must be a lot of work.
I may have found a bug in the x264 configuration.
In the Frame-Type tab if I set the B-Pyramid to disabled, and then move the Presets slider to any position the B-Pyramid stays disabled.
But if I set it to normal and then move the slider, it stays on normal on every position except Ultra Fast where it is set to disabled. Moving it back to a slower setting B-Pyramid stays disabled.
Is this how it’s supposed to work?
CIHx264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 09:35   #657  |  Link
Puncakes

BeSplit doesn't appear to be included, but is required for the audio cutter. It's also called from the main megui directory rather than a folder in the tools directory. Are these intended? If not, the latest BeSplit can be found here.
Puncakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 12:26   #658  |  Link
MOS-Marauder

Quote:
MeGui still uses 2002

Chris

I found something out... If i want to Crop a Source i cannot use NV Resize due Dimensions are not ok then. (error Message bust be Multiple by.... and so on.)

Is there a way to do the cropping also in the DGI Source Line?

Edit: found a bad but working solution.... I Cropped with DGIndexNV and after creating the AVS in MeGUI (Enabling NV Resizer) i entered manually in the AVS the final Resolution. Quick n Dirty but worked due in MeGui i cannot go over the input resolution ..eg if its 1244x720 i cannot enter 1280x720.

Maybe it is possible to make it that way that the Cropping Paramters are entered in the .dgi file by MeGui on enabling HW Resize? (CLIP 16 20 0 0 - top/bottom/left/right)
Im not sure if i have to enter left/right as positive or neg (2 or -2 for example like @ avisynth)

Chris

Last edited by MOS-Marauder; 21st January 2010 at 15:16.
MOS-Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 19:56   #659  |  Link
jmrenrav

I have a small request if possible.

Can you add an option for 2 pass encoding via Nero AAC Encoder? I have ran into some problems with the encoder giving me an error message, especially 5.1 HE audio. I manually created a 5.1 Wav using Besweet and replicated the same errors. Once I enabled the 2 pass option, everything worked great.

Errors were generated using directshow and avi input with MeGUI.
jmrenrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 20:02   #660  |  Link
jmrenrav

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS-Marauder View Post
MeGui still uses 2002

Chris

I found something out... If i want to Crop a Source i cannot use NV Resize due Dimensions are not ok then. (error Message bust be Multiple by.... and so on.)

Is there a way to do the cropping also in the DGI Source Line?

Edit: found a bad but working solution.... I Cropped with DGIndexNV and after creating the AVS in MeGUI (Enabling NV Resizer) i entered manually in the AVS the final Resolution. Quick n Dirty but worked due in MeGui i cannot go over the input resolution ..eg if its 1244x720 i cannot enter 1280x720.

Maybe it is possible to make it that way that the Cropping Paramters are entered in the .dgi file by MeGui on enabling HW Resize? (CLIP 16 20 0 0 - top/bottom/left/right)
Im not sure if i have to enter left/right as positive or neg (2 or -2 for example like @ avisynth)

Chris
Are you talking about when you crop it comes up with numbers divisible by 2 and you change it to a uneven number it gives you that error message?

I found a workaround by converting it to RGB32 before the crop and then back to YV12 after resize. I don't even like the idea of having one line of movie cropped if it's not needed
jmrenrav is offline   Reply With Quote