Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 8th February 2003, 17:10   #1  |  Link
Caleb666

Almost no bass while watching a movie (AC3)

hey,

I have a LOTR:TTT movie that was encoded with the AC3 stream.

I used Media Player Classic to watch it and set the WinDVD decoder to 6 channels.

You know this feeling when ur watching a movie in the cinema.. when everything is kinda shaking.. the LFE effects.. well i didnt hear them or felt them.

For example.. the sound of Gandalf riding from the barn.. well i didnt feel anything and the sound of the horse stomping wasn't that heart pumping.

So i launched WMP9, enabled SRS wow and SRS TruBass .. put it to the middle and chose LARGE SPEAKERS. (i have a regular 5.1ch setup.. the bass isn't that strong.. all in all it's a 48W RMS system).

NOW i could actually hear everything really well!! the stomping of the horse made my room shake and stuff and it was really awesome!!
The problem is.. it's only 2.1 now.

Maybe what i was doing earlier was a mistake? maybe someone could help me fix it so i could have great basses without enabling DSP effects and still have a 5.1 sound!

Please help!
Caleb666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2003, 02:27   #2  |  Link
OvERaCiD23

try using AC3 filter to decode the audio (in the downloads section).
OvERaCiD23 is offline   Reply With Quote