Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Closed Thread

Old 4th March 2009, 23:59   #81  |  Link
blubberbirne

@chefkoch_ico

you talking about the same problem i have

I think the cuvidserver is not 64bit compilant, but neuron can't test it, cause he has no 64bit os.
Old 5th March 2009, 01:06   #82  |  Link
woah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubberbirne View Post
@chefkoch_ico

you talking about the same problem i have

I think the cuvidserver is not 64bit compilant, but neuron can't test it, cause he has no 64bit os.
same thing here on xp with his sample he posted,so its not a vista issue ...
Old 5th March 2009, 16:21   #83  |  Link

I suspect that the blended fields are getting PureVideo confused. Can you make this happen on a clip that is not field-blended?
Old 8th March 2009, 17:15   #84  |  Link
lucassp

I think there is a problem with the PureVideo deinterlacer. Here are the scripts and the results:

1. Single rate deinterlacing:
Code:
MPGSource("E:\Columbia\VTS_01_1.demuxed.dgm", deinterlace=1)
crop( 10, 4, -10, -2)
LanczosResize(640,528)
trim(0,2500)
Result: http://www.mediafire.com/?0i22dlmaj2n

2. Double rate deinterlacing:
Code:
MPGSource("E:\Columbia\VTS_01_1.demuxed.dgm", deinterlace=2)
ChangeFPS(25, linear=true)
crop( 10, 4, -10, -2)
LanczosResize(640,528)
trim(0,2500)
Result: http://www.mediafire.com/?1id02naju2a

The first video seems choppy to me and the second one smoother. Shouldn't those two videos look the same?
Old 10th March 2009, 16:33   #85  |  Link
agilpwc

I use HDV cameras that output m2t files with mpg2 video and mpg1 audio.
When I open these files in the index program it comes up with an error about audio streams types not matching. Mentions ac3 and aac, which these files have neither of these types. This is preventing me from doing batch command line encodes and also this didn't happen with your non GPU version.

I either need a way to specify the audio pid or disable error messages or both I guess. Or make it work like it did in the non accelerated version.

Thanks

Here is a link to sample file

http://avs-scratch.s3.amazonaws.com/...ooper-mjmp.m2t
Old 11th March 2009, 02:08   #86  |  Link
meatwad

Here's a sample of the audio delay issue I'm experiencing if I use VideoRedo to edit my files:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4...4e75f6e8ebb871

It's very similar to the one xopowo discussed in the DGAVCDecNV thread.

DGIndex= 32ms.
DGMPGDecNV =-619 ms

Thanks for wanting to fix the issue Neuron2.
Old 11th March 2009, 02:23   #87  |  Link

Okay, I've just released updates to DGAVCDec, DGAVCDecNV, and DGVC1DevNV, so I'm on the case over here now.
Old 12th March 2009, 07:37   #88  |  Link
UsedUser

Works nicely. Using the PureVideo deinterlacer on 1080i TS -> 720p AVC encodes, I'm seeing 24% speed bump on first pass, and 12% on second pass. That's the fastest increase I've seen on anything, from swapping out any one piece in my encoding process. Thanks.

Question: How do I get audio to demux? The documentation makes it look like it's supported, but I'm assuming this just isn't implemented yet. I select Audio > Audio Demux. Set the one and only audio stream (which is already set anyway); close the window. Save the project. No audio demuxed.

Last edited by UsedUser; 12th March 2009 at 07:45.
Old 12th March 2009, 08:24   #89  |  Link
UsedUser

I'm getting an error then a crash on drag & drop of multiple files in sequence. Something is not re-initialized between files.

Drag & drop a TS file into the app. Do something if you like, or don't do anything. Drag & drop another TS file into the app. Try to play or save the project. Try File > Close then drag & drop again.

On Play: "No video frames found!"
On Save: "Timed out looking for sequence header."
Or sometimes the attached image then a crash. Couldn't reproduce the exact steps on the crash.
Attached Images

Last edited by UsedUser; 12th March 2009 at 08:46.
Old 12th March 2009, 08:49   #90  |  Link
UsedUser

Is it a requirement that the screen saver and Windows account locking be disabled?

When I lock my Windows account (i.e., on screen saver start), the CUVID server fails. I get two pop ups:

Server: cuvidMapVideoFrame() error.
Server: cuvidDecodePicture() error.

The cuvidDecodePicture() error repeats until I quit encoding and restart the CUVID server.
Old 12th March 2009, 14:38   #91  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedUser View Post
Question: How do I get audio to demux? The documentation makes it look like it's supported, but I'm assuming this just isn't implemented yet. I select Audio > Audio Demux. Set the one and only audio stream (which is already set anyway); close the window. Save the project. No audio demuxed.
It should be working. Can you upload a fragment of your source stream that I can use to duplicate your issue?

As clearly described in the release notes, multiple file opening is not yet supported.

I don't know anything about the screensaver issue. It may be an Nvidia driver strangeness that I have no control over.
Old 12th March 2009, 14:44   #92  |  Link
squid_80

Probably the same as the remote desktop issue - direct3d apps get the boot when windows returns to the login screen.
Old 13th March 2009, 01:15   #93  |  Link
UsedUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
It should be working. Can you upload a fragment of your source stream that I can use to duplicate your issue?
Linky. Thanks for taking a look.

Quote:
As clearly described in the release notes, multiple file opening is not yet supported.
Ah, I see that now. I did read all the documentation. Don't know what I thought it meant at the time, but it didn't occur to me that it meant that. In a future release, you might consider clarifying what the statement means for the user: "The application must be closed and reopened between opening each new file." Thanks.
Old 13th March 2009, 01:29   #94  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedUser View Post
Linky. Thanks for taking a look.
Looking now.

Quote:
Ah, I see that now. I did read all the documentation. Don't know what I thought it meant at the time, but it didn't occur to me that it meant that. In a future release, you might consider clarifying what the statement means for the user: "The application must be closed and reopened between opening each new file." Thanks.
Oh, I see what you meant now. What you say should work. I'll look at that too.
Old 13th March 2009, 02:12   #95  |  Link

OK, I've got the audio demux issue fixed. It's an unusual case. But ouch, it affects all the other tools and I just released updates of them.

Looking at the other issue...
Old 13th March 2009, 02:21   #96  |  Link
UsedUser

Quote:
OK, I've got the audio demux issue fixed. It's an unusual case. But ouch, it affects all the other tools and I just released updates of them.
Sorry! At least DGIndex was able to handle it ok.

Can I ask what was unusual about this case? I'm curious about the details.

It was originally an ATSC broadcast transport stream, which I segmented with VideoReDo. Also wondering if I should contact my local broadcast affiliate or VideoReDo developers about something they could avoid doing.
Old 13th March 2009, 02:40   #97  |  Link

The stream is fine.

As I parse video transport packets during Save Project, I look for the first I frame right in the packet data so that I can start demuxing audio packets as soon as possible (I don't want to wait until the video decoder sees that it is an I frame because some audio packets could be skipped). But I was looking only in packets with payload_unit_start_indicator set. The problem was that the sequence header carried quant matrices and this pushed the I frame picture header into the next transport packet, which did not have payload_unit_start_indicator set. And so I never detected the I frames and audio demuxing never got started.

Last edited by Guest; 13th March 2009 at 14:00.
Old 13th March 2009, 02:50   #98  |  Link

I just put the fixed version up for you:

http://neuron2.net/misc/DGMPGIndexNV.exe

Let me know how it works for you.

Still have to look at the drag-and-drop issue.
Old 13th March 2009, 07:21   #99  |  Link
UsedUser

Quote:
I just put the fixed version up for you: http://neuron2.net/misc/DGMPGIndexNV.exe
Worked like a charm, thanks.
Old 13th March 2009, 22:29   #100  |  Link
meatwad

neuron2,

I found a solution to the audio delay issue with VideoReDo. After reading some of the above posts I decided to look at VideoReDo's options. By default, VideoReDo is checked to convert all I frames to GOP. Once I saw that, I unchecked the box and now the audio delay issue is gone.

Edit: Nevermind. I forgot I put your new exe inside the folder last night. The results were the same with I frames being converted to GOP. I didn't think you'd fixed the issue I was having with VideoReDo files, just UsedUsers. Anyway, the new .exe seems to have fixed my issue as well. I must have missed something in the above posts.

Last edited by meatwad; 13th March 2009 at 23:41.
Closed Thread