Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23rd November 2005, 20:06   #1  |  Link
silentdang

help my audio is out of sync! plz help!!!

i have use this guide over @ http://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/185077.php to convert my avi to dvd(m2v file) and i have use the ac3machine to make my audio but the audio is out of sync...i have calculated the audio bitrate to 384kb with the bitcalculater and encode with this script below.

#loadplugin"D:\pathof\anyplugin.dll
Avisource("C:\Documents and Settings\john\Desktop\S.P.L.2005.DVDSCR.XviD-FoX\fox-spl.avi")
LanczosResize(720,390)
AddBorders(0,45,0,45)
ConvertToYUY2()
ResampleAudio(44100)

**i have calculated my X,Y frame and its correct! i tested it with my window media player**

once its encoded the movie(NTSC) i author my dvd and when its finished authoring the audio is out of sync...

i have use pulldown and i selected the pulldown framerate to 29.97 (which the other m2v file was already 29.3fps, it came out the same lol) and author my dvd again and it still out of sync...(lol)

*encoding* the original avi movie file was 24fps (framrate) and i have select 23.976 framerate using cce to encode....its 23.976 is right(24fps)?

i have 1 question about pulldown...using DVDLAB...when i author my m2v file which i got after encoded with cce in the dvdlab says that my framerate is 29.97 and the pulldown was 2:3....

now if i use pulldown which framerate should i select and yet can u guys show me wat setting do i have to put in so that my aduio will not be out of sync? should i select 23.9 because my original avi movie was 24fps? or should i select 25fps or the 29.9fps(i dont think this 1 works)

well i havnt tried the 23.9 & 25fps framerate yet but i will now and i hope it will work or some 1 can help me which setting should i select using the pulldown program ....o man i really needed help on this damn audio problem!

*again the bitrate for my aduio which i calculated was 384kb (the original audio was 122kb) and yeah i selected 384 when i use the bitrate calculater and use ac3machine to make my AC3 audio

and yes i have use the bitratecalculater to calculate my time and aduio setting

(bitratecaluclater)
video length : 1:28:37
audio bitrate : 384kb
dvd(s) : 1 DVD(5)
calculated bitrate : 6490 kbits/s
dvd max birate : 9406

(yes i put the bitrate on my CCE and yes when its finished the movie is widescreen 16:9 = works good)

damn u audio!!! can any 1 help me plz? damn dumb audio is killing my time!

Last edited by silentdang; 23rd November 2005 at 20:09.
silentdang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2005, 10:15   #2  |  Link
ariga
Learning...

BTW, shouldn't audio be 48kHz for DVD ?
SSRC(48000)

Last edited by ariga; 5th December 2005 at 09:20.
ariga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2005, 16:31   #3  |  Link
Abond

The ResampleAudio(44100) line is a special line for CCE 2.50 to work properly with Avisynth. It has nothing to do with audio encoding.
Abond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2005, 05:56   #4  |  Link
manono

silentdang-

How do you know the AVI framerate is 24fps? Are you absolutely sure about that? Open it in GSpot to confirm. If it is, then doing a standard pulldown on it will cause audio asynch. It may be a few seconds off by the end of the movie.

If it's really 24fps, then use DGPulldown with the Custom box checked and set for 24->29.97.

There may be other problems that might prevent the audio from synching up. Maybe there was an initial delay you didn't take into account. And although I see how you extracted the audio by following that guide, if the audio was VBR MP3, I wouldn't trust Virtual Dub to do it correctly, and would use VDubMod instead. However, if the audio starts out OK, and gets progressively more off as the movie goes along, it's probably a pulldown problem.

Nor did you give the original resolution of the AVI. I'm a bit suspicious of your AviSynth script, to put it mildly.

**i have calculated my X,Y frame and its correct! i tested it with my window media player**

What did you test? The AviSynth script? Then baloney. As far as I know, crappy old WMP can't do the 16:9 resizing, which is going to happen after the file is converted to MPEG-2. Nothing to do with your audio problem, however.
manono is offline   Reply With Quote