Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 4th December 2009, 16:05   #9801  |  Link
Cheesegeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinleech View Post
What splitter are you using for mkv? Using Haali I had issues, using the MPC internal splitter they seem to work well for me.
Aha, I will try using the internals as I see Haali load up in the task bar.

Thanks for the advise.
Cheesegeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 16:07   #9802  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx View Post
Definitely ATI driver supports 24 bit as confirmed with foobar2000 and J. River MC. This is a bit old result with HD 4670, but the same is true for HD 5xxx. There might be a compatibility issue between MPC Audio Renderer and ATI HDMI driver.
That would mean reclock has the same issue. I'm not convinced yet.
Old 4th December 2009, 16:27   #9803  |  Link
Andy o

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx View Post
Realtek R2.35 driver:

- 16 bit integer: Works with correct sample rate, but channel count does not match (always the same as the one selected in Windows' Sound control panel).
- 24 bit integer, 32 bit integer, 32 bit fp: ffdshow does not connect to MPC Audio Renderer.
Then it doesn't seem like it's the same problem as with ReClock, cause ReClock can take in 24 and 32-bit, only that it can't output it with the ATI drivers. The MPC renderer it seems can't take in anything but 16-bit. This seems like it can be fixed fairly easily, no?

IOW, with the MPC audio renderer, higher-than-16 bit is failing before even reaching the driver.

Last edited by Andy o; 4th December 2009 at 16:30.
Andy o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 16:41   #9804  |  Link
Andy o

Does the MPC audio renderer only work with these betas of ffdshow? Cause I can't get it to connect with another ffdshow build (3126) even though I only enable 16-bit output.
Andy o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 16:47   #9805  |  Link
Skinleech
A.K.A Mangoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegeezer View Post
Aha, I will try using the internals as I see Haali load up in the task bar.

Thanks for the advise.
Good luck! Haali doesn't see TrueHD stream either, so pretty useless for our purposes.
Skinleech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 17:49   #9806  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
If absolutely necessary I can grab my dev tools and throw it on that machine. It'll likely break TMT3 because of their stupid protection, but, if it helps fix this issue I can grab VS. Should I go for VS 2010? I'll definitely need some help with the setup of the project, though. I haven't compiled anything in VS in a while. The stuff I do for a living is all Java using Eclipse these days.
Well if nobody else can do it (is there ?), you can set up a development enviromnent but there is some work :

1/ VS 2008 (not 2010 it is crappy and so sloooow)
2/ DirectX SDK
3/ Grab last SVN release from bitstreamHD branch
albain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 17:52   #9807  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by albain View Post
Well if nobody else can do it (is there ?), you can set up a development enviromnent but there is some work :

1/ VS 2008 (not 2010 it is crappy and so sloooow)
2/ DirectX SDK
3/ Grab last SVN release from bitstreamHD branch
Alright. I'll start getting that set up. It'll likely be sometime this weekend before I have everything set up. Also, I don't do anything with SVN, so, I will need assistance on how to get the latest SVN release code. (Where it's located, etc) But I've got experience debugging in VS, so, once I get it set up I should be able to help figure out what's going on.
Old 4th December 2009, 17:53   #9808  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post
Then it doesn't seem like it's the same problem as with ReClock, cause ReClock can take in 24 and 32-bit, only that it can't output it with the ATI drivers. The MPC renderer it seems can't take in anything but 16-bit. This seems like it can be fixed fairly easily, no?

IOW, with the MPC audio renderer, higher-than-16 bit is failing before even reaching the driver.

The MPC renderer would accept anything in condition the audio driver would accept it. This is how it works

However : LPCM has a special mediatype so this is the reason why you won't get 24/32 bits for now with the new ATIs.

This has to be fixed on FFDShow : there is a LPCM checkbox in output section but I don't know what it is used for (DVD audio from the code). I wonder if it shouldn't be used in conjonction with 16/24/32/32 floats checkbox instead of exclusive (checking LPCM will disable the 16/24/32 checkboxes) ?

Anyway, LPCM support is a second step, let's focus on HD audio bitstream : we need to confirm that THD/DTSHD are okay (EAC3, I am working on it) and that now with the last build the xonar is also working correctly

Last edited by albain; 4th December 2009 at 17:55.
Old 4th December 2009, 18:06   #9809  |  Link
SamuriHL

@albain

The latest DirectX SDK I see is from November 2007. Is that the right one to grab? I've got VS 2k8 downloading now and the SDK will download after that.
Old 4th December 2009, 18:13   #9810  |  Link
Snowknight26

Can we split the ffdshow bitstreaming discussion/development off to another thread? Seems like anything not relating to bitstreaming goes unnoticed and gets lost (bye bye, bug reports) in the 2/3 new pages made each day.
Snowknight26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 18:18   #9811  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
@albain

The latest DirectX SDK I see is from November 2007. Is that the right one to grab? I've got VS 2k8 downloading now and the SDK will download after that.
woah, classic lol.

Get the latest version here : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...playlang=en#dx
Old 4th December 2009, 18:20   #9812  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
@albain

No, there is a more recent one
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Old 4th December 2009, 18:23   #9813  |  Link
SamuriHL

Thanks, guys. Figures MSDN isn't up to date on that. The download of VS is still going. I found a subversion client to integrate into it. So, getting there.
Old 4th December 2009, 18:28   #9814  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
Can we split the ffdshow bitstreaming discussion/development off to another thread? Seems like anything not relating to bitstreaming goes unnoticed and gets lost (bye bye, bug reports) in the 2/3 new pages made each day.
No problem with that. However, this subject is nearly over, a few things apart (latest feedbacks) before merging modifications to the trunk.

I propose to start over with a new thread this monday if necessary
Old 4th December 2009, 18:38   #9815  |  Link
Skinleech
A.K.A Mangoat

Hi albain & fellow testers.

I'm sorry to say that I'm still not getting great results with this, certain files give me issues. One thing to note is that I'm playing back over a network currently - I don't think it will make a difference, but I will also try a problematic file from the local drive to be sure.

DTS-HD: All show was 96000hz with 8 channels in the Ffdshow tray icon, with varying bitrates. I get stutters & audio drop outs.
TrueHD: Seems to read the file data correctly, but I get audio stutter and drop outs on some files.

I have tried both in m2ts and mkv with no luck. Using MPC-HC 1373, the internal splitter, beta 46 and the Arcsoft renderer.

I'll post a sample for both problem files - do you want logs too? I guess yes.

Thanks.
Skinleech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 18:51   #9816  |  Link
sub24ox7
Audiophile

hello i have started testing now too and xonar with ffdshow beta 46 and arcsoft audio renderer works with dolby-true hd from the hangover blu-ray remuxed to m2ts with tsmuxer no drop outs or anything i can tell. I have A dolby true-hd blu-ray with 7.1 and 96000hz track if you would like me to try. i am playing these files over a network as well i don't think that will cuase any problems at all null

Last edited by sub24ox7; 4th December 2009 at 18:54.
sub24ox7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 19:00   #9817  |  Link
sub24ox7
Audiophile

alright the 7.1 dolby true-hd 96000hz bitreams perfect! no problems at all, same setup as the previous post WAIT EDIT there are some short dropouts but it is straight from disc with anydvd decrypting and playing the main movie m2ts. I don't think its because i am playing it from disc and not the hard drive so there are still a few things to be worked out. This is so wonderful i am not even taking the time to type a correct sentence or spell. Now i am going to try dts-hd and hr with the xonar

Last edited by sub24ox7; 4th December 2009 at 19:04.
Old 4th December 2009, 19:12   #9818  |  Link
sub24ox7
Audiophile

mpc-hc is crashing on me with dts-hd discs
Old 4th December 2009, 19:13   #9819  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub24ox7 View Post
mpc-hc is crashing on me with dts-hd discs
And chance you can look in the windows event viewer and post the offset that it's crashing at? This is an issue I'll be looking into as soon as I can get my dev env built up. Just want to see if the offset matches any of mine.
Old 4th December 2009, 19:35   #9820  |  Link
sub24ox7
Audiophile

yes i will do that now

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl