Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 14th August 2018, 11:29   #1  |  Link
Frank62

Can't get AutoOverlay to work

Please help, I have no further ideas what to try next...

-I installed the newest version of AvsFilterNet and AutoOverlay, as specified in the ReadMe, doesn't work.

-AVSMeter says:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\AutoOverlay_netautoload.dll"
Exception 0xC0000005 [STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION]
Module: D:\Programme\AVSMeter281\AVSMeter281\AVSMeter.exe
Address: 0x010DC51B

AvsFilterNet loads well.

-I tried older versions, down to 0.1.3 - the same

-.net 4 is installed and works, even Visual Studio 2015 is installed on this machine (Win 7 64 Bits)

-I tried everything on another machine (also Win 7 64) - the same

-Just to get it somehow to work I tried it on Win 10 - doesn't work

Is there any trick to get this installed? If missing dependencies I could understand, but why access violation, and how then can it work at all?

Any idea, friends?
Frank62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2018, 12:30   #2  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\AutoOverlay_netautoload.dll"
You got Avs+ latest installed ? [it is required]

EDIT: I got it working here on XP32, although I aint got any idea what I'm doing, but at least it dont crash.
EDIT: with manual dll load here works.

Code:
LoadPlugin(".\AvsFilterNet.dll")
LoadNetPlugin(".\AutoOverlay_netautoload.dll")
Avisource("D:\Parade.avi")
OM=Crop(0,0,Width/4*4,Height/4*4).ConvertToYV12
WS=OM.Crop(0,0,-64,-64)
OM=OM.Crop(64,64,-8,-8)
#OM=AviSource("c:\test\OpenMatte.avs")  # YV12 clip
#WS=AviSource("c:\test\Widescreen.avs") # YV12 clip

OverlayEngine(OM.ConvertToY8(), WS.ConvertToY8(), configs=OverlayConfig(subpixel=2))
OverlayRender(OM.ConvertToYV24(), WS.ConvertToYV24(), debug=true)
ConvertToYV12()

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 14th August 2018 at 12:42.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2018, 12:41   #3  |  Link
Frank62

Yes, I have only avisynth 2.6 installed, without the plus. The requirements say:

AviSynth 2.6 or higher, AviSynth+

I interpreted the comma as an OR. I will give A+ a try - never used before.
so far!
Old 14th August 2018, 12:46   #4  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Oops, yes you are correct, musta misread that.

Moved plugs to autoload plugins directory, just getting blank frame, looks like I'm also having problems with the autoload stuff, but
not with manual load of dlls.

EDIT: Autoload plugins, and same script as posted above, and with "avsmeter test.avs", getting Buffer overflow message from
Avsmeter v2.81.

EDIT: With AvsMeter Avsinfo, getting
Code:
"C:\Program Files\AviSynth+\plugins\AutoOverlay_netautoload.dll"
Module:   C:\BIN\AVSMeter.exe
Address:  0x0040C51B
EDIT: Maybe its an AVS+ autoload problem, which version avs you using, I'm on r2728.

EDIT: Below no problem with dll's in plugins directory
Code:
return version
EDIT: Also copied AutoOverlayNative.dll (which aint mentioned in readme) into plugins dir and got this
Code:
"C:\Program Files\AviSynth+\plugins\AutoOverlayNative.dll"

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 14th August 2018 at 13:09.
Old 14th August 2018, 14:49   #5  |  Link
Frank62

I just installed also A+ r2728. Simple script works fine, so everythng fine about my other plugins.

But AvsFilterNet:
No crashing any more, but pure loading of the AvsFilterNet-plugin now lasts forever.
Also the older ones that were provided with the older versions of AutoOverlay show the same behaviour: VirtualDub: CPU utilization 13%, about 45MB memory not fluctuating.
I also renamed the dll, removed the autoload part, no other autoloads of this kind in the directory - useless.
I will try under XP, if I get .net 4 installed...
Old 14th August 2018, 16:21   #6  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
With AvsMeter Avsinfo, getting
Code:
The "AutoOverlay_netautoload.dll" is not a plugin, it just contains the code for "AutoOverlay" accessed through avsfilternet.dll which is the plugin that interfaces with Avisynth.
The reason why Avsmeter throws an exception is that "AutoOverlay_netautoload.dll" seems to have a non-standard PE header and WinAPI functions like "MapAndLoad()" are choking on it.

Apart from that, I can't get this to work at all (VDub, mpchc), auto-load or not. I get .NET unhandled exceptions all over the place.

Last edited by Groucho2004; 14th August 2018 at 16:34.
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2018, 17:10   #7  |  Link
Frank62

AvsFilterNet is only the wrapper, you are of course right. I just thought that in spite of this fact AVSMeter would gather some information via AVSFilterNet about its sub-plugins, that's why I tried to get some help on this way.

I just installed different versions of AVSFilterNet on a CLEAN and new Win10-installation. I installed AVISynth+ and put ONLY the two plugins in the plugins directory (later, just to see, in the plugins+ dir.) AVSFilterNet loads correctly. But always the error when trying to load AutoOverlay-plugin that it were no correct .net-assembly. Different versions. The "native" plugins are not accepted at all, don't know what is meant by "native" then?

Just to be sure:
@stainlessS, the pure plugin-loading worked for you on XP? Did I get this right?

I read a lot about this plugin, and it would be very interesting for some tasks for me. Other people strangely seem to have not many problems with it?

I formerly used some other ideas for getting two clips exactly overlayed (after interleaving then DeShaker, and some handwork the results were not too bad) but it is a lot of work with a lot of problems, which could be omitted if this plugin worked...
Old 14th August 2018, 18:02   #8  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank62 View Post
I just thought that in spite of this fact AVSMeter would gather some information via AVSFilterNet about its sub-plugins, that's why I tried to get some help on this way.
I'll fix the exception problem in AVSMeter (AutoOverlay_netautoload.dll will be listed as "uncategorized DLL").

Even with the current version (2.8.1) you can use "avsmeter avsinfo -log" and get the list of external functions:
Code:
[External (plugin) functions]
    AvsFilterNet_BilinearRotate
    AvsFilterNet_ColorAdjust
    AvsFilterNet_ColorRangeMask
    AvsFilterNet_CustomOverlayRender
    AvsFilterNet_LoadNetPlugin
    AvsFilterNet_OverlayCompare
    AvsFilterNet_OverlayConfig
    AvsFilterNet_OverlayEngine
    AvsFilterNet_OverlayMask
    AvsFilterNet_OverlayRender
    AvsFilterNet_StaticOverlayRender
Old 14th August 2018, 18:27   #9  |  Link
Frank62

Thank you! But you won't believe it: Just started with -log and the same hang-up as with script and VirtualDub. Lasts forever, does nothing, but 13% CPU load.
By now I give sadly up, no more time.
Thank you for your kind help so far!
Old 14th August 2018, 21:29   #10  |  Link
Frank62

Just got it at least on Win 10. The two plugins load. I think it must have been the "This file came from another computer and might be blocked ..." thing. Never had heard of those issues, sorry, if this was trivial.

After all I get some black frames with colour adjust(), but no errors so far. Looking forward to learn how it works!
Old 14th August 2018, 22:24   #11  |  Link
Frank62

If someone is interested:
With avsfilternet 1.0.4 from mysteryX's github it works, NOT with the included ones.
I am very curious, how good it works!
Old 15th August 2018, 05:45   #12  |  Link
introspected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank62 View Post
If someone is interested:
With avsfilternet 1.0.4 from mysteryX's github it works, NOT with the included ones.
I am very curious, how good it works!
It will cause memory leaks. Try new version of autooverlay and avsfilternet with fixed back compability with old avisynth.
introspected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2018, 09:42   #13  |  Link
Frank62

Thanks for your reply, but:

-I have a clean Win10-installation without AviSynth classic, ONLY AviSynth+

-Your version 0.22 works fine (apart from memory leaks you mentioned), but not together with the included AvsFilterNet, only with the newest one from mysteryX

-Your new version 0.23 does EDIT:
load correctly (I forgot again to unblock the dlls, but never again...), but then throws a lot of errors. I keep trying.

This on my system, of course - but as I said: a clean, new Win10-professional installation.

Last edited by Frank62; 15th August 2018 at 10:00.
Old 15th August 2018, 12:23   #14  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

By G2K4,
Quote:
Apart from that, I can't get this to work at all (VDub, mpchc), auto-load or not. I get .NET unhandled exceptions all over the place.
The previously posted code works for me (at least it dont crash on XP32, AVS+ r2728)
Code:
#return version

LoadPlugin(".\AvsFilterNet.dll")
LoadNetPlugin(".\AutoOverlay_netautoload.dll")  # EDIT: dll's in current directory, (works with/without also in Plugins)
Avisource("D:\Parade.avi")                      # GamMac'ed YV12 W Mod 4, H Mod 4 version of JohnMeyer parade clip
OM=Crop(0,0,Width/4*4,Height/4*4).ConvertToYV12 # EDIT: Crop(/4*4) stuff not necessary with this clip)
WS=OM.Crop(0,0,-64,-64)
OM=OM.Crop(64,64,-8,-8)
#OM=AviSource("c:\test\OpenMatte.avs")  # YV12 clip
#WS=AviSource("c:\test\Widescreen.avs") # YV12 clip

OverlayEngine(OM.ConvertToY8(), WS.ConvertToY8(), configs=OverlayConfig(subpixel=2))
OverlayRender(OM.ConvertToYV24(), WS.ConvertToYV24(), debug=true)
ConvertToYV12()
by Frank62
Quote:
Just to be sure:
@stainlessS, the pure plugin-loading worked for you on XP? Did I get this right?
Exactly as in code block above, (although dont really [EDIT: know for] sure what you mean by pure plugin-loading).
Also, what does "Lasts Forever" mean.

Quote:
But AvsFilterNet:
No crashing any more, but pure loading of the AvsFilterNet-plugin now lasts forever.

Last edited by StainlessS; 15th August 2018 at 14:44.
Old 15th August 2018, 14:10   #15  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
By G2K4,
Quote:
This may have been due to the .NET4 version I had installed.

Anyway, this .NET stuff adds yet another layer of complexity (and obviously problems) to an already complex system. I wonder what happens when you try to multi-thread this thing.
Old 15th August 2018, 14:26   #16  |  Link
Frank62

Stuck again... after trying the newer version with different avsfilternet-dlls it hangs again with 100% the same versions that worked last night, unblocked or not. Must have been a dream.

@StainlessS
"lasts forever" meant that VirtualDub hang, no response any more, no matter, how long I waited, but CPU load of constant 13%. Forgive my not perfect English.
"pure plugin loading" meant just the two lines for the loading plus a version-line, no rendering.

I'll wait until this will be more stable, too much time waisted. My technique with deshaking the interleaved clips does work, so I can wait. If stable this would be extremely useful!
Old 15th August 2018, 22:31   #17  |  Link
poisondeathray

I can't get it working either, avs+ x64 , or avs classic x86. But I have .Net 4.7.2 or do you need a specific version ?

It "hangs" in vdub2 like Frank62 describes. No error message

But the same script in avspmod, produces an error message - one error that sticks out in avspmod is "Could not load file or assembly 'AutoOverlayNative, Version=0.0.0.0 Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of it's dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I tried loading the AutoOverlayNative.dll ,and various combinations of manual/autoloading - no luck. The docs don't say anything about AutoOverlayNative.dll even though it's included in the package
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 05:49   #18  |  Link
introspected

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
I can't get it working either, avs+ x64 , or avs classic x86. But I have .Net 4.7.2 or do you need a specific version ?

It "hangs" in vdub2 like Frank62 describes. No error message

But the same script in avspmod, produces an error message - one error that sticks out in avspmod is "Could not load file or assembly 'AutoOverlayNative, Version=0.0.0.0 Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of it's dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I tried loading the AutoOverlayNative.dll ,and various combinations of manual/autoloading - no luck. The docs don't say anything about AutoOverlayNative.dll even though it's included in the package
I don't test plugin in virtualdubmod. Just in avspmod. It is good for x64 avisynth.
AutoOverlayNative is the new module. All three files should be copy to plugins folder. After that check that they are not blocked by windows. Windows 10 have such chekbox in file properties dialog. https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...53#post1848953
.NET 4.7 includes 4.0 and AutoOverlayNative is not a .net plugin. Just tested again x86 and x64 latest releases on my win 10 pro .net 4.7 machine in AvsPMod x86 and x64 with avisynth 2.6 x86 and avs+ x64. Works well.
introspected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 09:11   #19  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by introspected View Post
I don't test plugin in virtualdubmod. Just in avspmod. It is good for x64 avisynth.
AutoOverlayNative is the new module. All three files should be copy to plugins folder. After that check that they are not blocked by windows. Windows 10 have such chekbox in file properties dialog. https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...53#post1848953
.NET 4.7 includes 4.0 and AutoOverlayNative is not a .net plugin. Just tested again x86 and x64 latest releases on my win 10 pro .net 4.7 machine in AvsPMod x86 and x64 with avisynth 2.6 x86 and avs+ x64. Works well.
OK, I got it working now on XP64 (32 and 64 bit plug) using your sample from the source zip file. I installed .NET4 from here and followed your instructions. Next I'll try W7_64.

Edit: W7 works fine, too.

Last edited by Groucho2004; 16th August 2018 at 20:51. Reason: typo
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 14:54   #20  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by introspected View Post
Thanks, I got it working

All three files was the key for me. I think it would help if you updated the docs to clarify this

Also, I couldn't manually load AutoOverlayNative.dll, nor combinations of autoloading AutoOverlayNative.dll with manually loading the others. All 3 had to be in the plugins directory
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote