Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11th June 2010, 08:59   #5821  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

It is up now... I forgot to pay the internet bill
Old 11th June 2010, 16:36   #5822  |  Link
dvgeek

Earlier post on randomize function

Dean - I've tried modifying the menu templates - looks like there's no way to disable the randomize function for menu BG video and motion titles.

Am I missing something?

Love your program, but in this instance looks like I'll have to manually create and assemble each element of the structure from different programs to achieve what I need.
dvgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 17:25   #5823  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Hmm... Load your video file (not a project) and try again. I'll check the the randomize function later.
Old 11th June 2010, 17:32   #5824  |  Link
mic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
Dean, I have a big problem with the quality of thumbmails produced by multiAVCHD for chapter menus. Some are with a lot of macroblocks. Is it something that could be relative to my ffdshow configuration ? Codec for the titles is VC-1 and libavcodec is selected for this codec in ffdhow configuration (not wmv9).

Should the thumbnail be the picture displayed exactly at the chapter mark ? Because I have an example for which the thumbnail created for the last chapter is a picture located before the real chapter mark (less than one second before).

I have the feeling that the thumbmails are very dark compared to what I see when playing the title. Is it a wrong feeling ?

And to finish, I find the thumbs in chapter menu too much small. No way to have something bigger ?
I can't comment on making the thumbs bigger, but here's what I've done last...

After preparing the disc layout in multiAVCHD there's a folder called HDAVCTN, & inside are all the images used. While I've used other apps for video snapshots & it worked out quite well, this last time I used VirtualDub -- may need AviSynth, & possibly dgavcdec or dgmpgdec. After opening the video file, if it behaves sluggishly, maybe try adding a resize filter, downsizing as needed, & display only the output pane [it helps in this case to reverse the pane displays]. Then I opened P/Shop [many other editors should work too], & created a new image the same size as the video in V/Dub. Then it's simply a matter of going to the chapter times in V/Dub, finding a good frame for the image [usually a short time after the chapter], copying the output frame to the clipboard, & pasting it into the new image in P/Shop.

Each time you paste a frame it shows up on a new layer, so when you're done copying & pasting you can crop &/or resize [to match the images in HDAVCTN], &/or adjust things like brightness/contrast, & so on -- ideally you only have to do this once for all the layers in the image rather than individually for each thumbnail. Once things are set as you want them, in P/shop "Save for web" or otherwise export jpgs - turning off the layers one at a time top to bottom, naming the files the same as the existing images.

Once your images are in place in that HDAVCTN folder, open the multiAVCHD project file that was saved with your rendered layout -- not the one you saved while creating the project. Then I change the color slightly for the rectangle around the chapter thumbnails, and render the project again... the main video is just moved to the new folder, so it doesn't take long at all, & all my images are used for the chapters.

//////

Almost forgot, regarding BD avc & vc1, I've seen some problems on this rig, mainly when in 7 ult, related *I think* to AviSynth conflicting with other video software I have installed, in particular Vegas 9... Not saying that's why you got the garbaged frames -- only that I've had this occur randomly in video on Vegas' timeline using AviSynth & VFAPI, & in other apps if Vegas is running, or has even been run & then shut down... no prob if I don't start Vegas after booting into 7. Don't know if you have any Sony apps or not, but wanted to point out the possibility of having some similar conflict on your system causing problems.

Last edited by mic; 11th June 2010 at 17:42.
mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 17:44   #5825  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Resolution and bit-depth of JPEG images in HDAVCTN folder can be anything you wish. multiAVCHD will resize the images anyway, so you may not bother and skip the 'resize' step. As long images are 16:9 you'll get what you need.

If you don't need special processing you can extract images with MPC, too - fast and easy.

Dean
Old 11th June 2010, 19:22   #5826  |  Link
insaneoctane

Ok, so I made good progress on my Win 7 Ultimate new install.
I unistalled the 3 pcs you recommended (ffdshow, haali, and avisynth) and re-installed in the order you recommended. Then I installed the latest MAVCHD and things are looking up. As an interesting side note, the multiTEST tool has ALWAYS showed success at rendering.
I'm still struggling with a few VC-1 files that seem to be causing me trouble and I'm reaching out here to see if someone can offer a suggestion on how to troubleshoot the problem. When I try to play them in MPC, I simply get the message "cannot render the file". My PS3 has played this AVCHD no problem. I've read a lot of stuff on the net, but they all want me to install codecs out the yin-yang and that is the LAST thing I want to do. As a matter of fact, I'd like to keep it as clean as it is now (ffdshow and haali!). Anyway the source of these AVCHD files is blu ray, so I don't know WHY they won't work. Here's the details: MPC won't play, MAVCHD can't render the preview (see snapshot below)...if I click on "preview", I DO GET THUMBNAILS (how is that!?). I attached ANOTHER VC-1 film that seems fine to prove the system can handle VC-1...I'd love some help if you'd be so kind...

Thanks again!
Attached Images

insaneoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 19:52   #5827  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

The 'problem' is that multiAVCHD creates the thumbnails and motion bg/chapters AFTER a compilation is complete. It means that it will use M2TS files for source.

The major problem with most configurations is the inability to directshow-decode video inside m2ts container.

As I posted few days ago, transcoding of VC-1 WMV file on Win7 doesn't even need haali or ffdshow. But once multiAVCHD multiplexes it (tsmuxer) without transcoding into m2ts - things go down and no images (chapters/title-thumbs) can be extracted from the re-muxed file.

In short - for multiAVCHD to do its job, it needs your PC to be able to play M2TS files with various video-codecs.
Old 11th June 2010, 20:59   #5828  |  Link
mic

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneoctane View Post
Ok, so I made good progress on my Win 7 Ultimate new install.
I unistalled the 3 pcs you recommended (ffdshow, haali, and avisynth) and re-installed in the order you recommended. Then I installed the latest MAVCHD and things are looking up. As an interesting side note, the multiTEST tool has ALWAYS showed success at rendering.
I'm still struggling with a few VC-1 files that seem to be causing me trouble and I'm reaching out here to see if someone can offer a suggestion on how to troubleshoot the problem. When I try to play them in MPC, I simply get the message "cannot render the file". My PS3 has played this AVCHD no problem. I've read a lot of stuff on the net, but they all want me to install codecs out the yin-yang and that is the LAST thing I want to do. As a matter of fact, I'd like to keep it as clean as it is now (ffdshow and haali!). Anyway the source of these AVCHD files is blu ray, so I don't know WHY they won't work. Here's the details: MPC won't play, MAVCHD can't render the preview (see snapshot below)...if I click on "preview", I DO GET THUMBNAILS (how is that!?). I attached ANOTHER VC-1 film that seems fine to prove the system can handle VC-1...I'd love some help if you'd be so kind...

Thanks again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
The 'problem' is that multiAVCHD creates the thumbnails and motion bg/chapters AFTER a compilation is complete. It means that it will use M2TS files for source.

The major problem with most configurations is the inability to directshow-decode video inside m2ts container.

In short - for multiAVCHD to do its job, it needs your PC to be able to play M2TS files with various video-codecs.

If it helps at all troubleshooting etc...

When it comes to DS filters, Windows apps rely [I *think* among other things] on the filter's Merit [i.e. rank], when they assemble the chain [i.e. build a graph] of the filters needed to play whatever media. Potential prob # 1) not all filters are compatible, so there's often more than one attempt made at putting together such a chain. If you use one of the SysInternals or Nirsoft process monitoring tools or similar you'll often see those DS filters that were rejected are still active, & still potentially causing problems. [As in an earlier post, I can have problems if I just run Vegas once & shut it down.] You can change a filter's merit in something like graphstudio or filmerit, but it can take a bit of trial & error changing values for several rather than just one Direct Show filter or file to get things working. I've also run into filters, notably from Sonic, that were near impossible to control in this respect. And you can have problems with DS filters lying to Windows about their capabilities, so attempts are made to use them when/where they can't be used.

Problem 2) I've seen cases where graphics hardware drivers [in my case ATI] interfered -- regardless what they should/should not be capable of, I've sometimes found the only way to get whatever video working was to disable hardware accel in the card's controls [ATI's CCC], in wmplayer, in the registry for certain apps, &/or in PowerDVD -- this is in spite of the fact that any of those settings should be un-related & have absolutely no effect at all -- I wouldn't expect Wmplayer settings to be valid with non-wmv video not using wmplayer, but they sometimes were/are. For me, running ATI, results for a while depended on that month's Avivo [video processing] drivers -- I frequently had to avoid the current release. To fix these sorts of problems I had to resort to trial & error, which while a PITA, also more-or-less proved the driver software was involved.

Problem 3) file name extension associations can be all it takes for one sort of video or another to not work properly -- I've run into cases where a DS filter was provided by an app that refused to recognize file name extensions that weren't specifically entered into it's registry keys. Generally in my experience if that sort of thing's the case, renaming the file causes it to work when dragged & dropped onto whatever app or player.

Playing/rendering video in graphedit or graphstudio often tells you if your system can work with whatever format using Direct Show. The Microsoft file: vc1esparser.dll from one of their SDKs [avail on-line - Google/Bing], copied to whatever folder & registered with Windows often helps with VC1 specifically, but I still need ffdshow for VFW in V/dub etc. I've also found that BD VC1 handling can sometimes be so slow & trouble prone that using it via Direct Show is impractical, though bear in mind I'm still slowly getting to the root of a compatibility problem or 3 myself. In 7 don't forget to check out Windows default decoders & renderers too -- in XP .NET 3.5 I think adds the newer video renderer that can help in some situations.
Old 12th June 2010, 10:58   #5829  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

A quick note:

The latest update has some fixes for motion-chapter-thumbnails, especially when dealing with more than 1 title and when titles have different number of chapters.

If for some reason motion chapters cannot be extracted, multiAVCHD will fall back to static and will not error out.

Dean
Old 12th June 2010, 18:12   #5830  |  Link
daberti

Quote:
A quick note:

The latest update has some fixes for motion-chapter-thumbnails, especially when dealing with more than 1 title and when titles have different number of chapters.

If for some reason motion chapters cannot be extracted, multiAVCHD will fall back to static and will not error out.

Dean
You restless mighty programmer
daberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 18:28   #5831  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Just say it works already... Please!

If this 'fix' doesn't do the job I'd recommend users not to use motion-chapter-thumbs. I just don't know what else to do.
Old 13th June 2010, 16:10   #5832  |  Link
Challes_gyn

Can you help me, this compilation don't work.
The problem is ref frames = 9, but multiavchd show:
[00:32:07] Initialising...
[00:32:07] Checking for new version...
[00:32:10] You have the latest build.
[00:32:10] [08/06/2010] build 756 (latest is: 756) - Motion chapter-thumbnails improvement (Win7). M2TS join selection window.
[00:32:10] Consistency check finished!
[00:32:10] Initialization finished. multiAVCHD is ready!

[00:32:10] 1 year and 169 days since multiAVCHD was published.
[00:32:10] 319 people supported it with donations
[00:32:10] and you are the 1898255 one to launch the program...
[00:32:10] Support multiAVCHD to extend its features and keep it going!

[00:32:10] multiAVCHD.dat version: [04010755]

[00:33:24] Checking for available space and drive types (FAT32/NTFS)...
[00:33:30] Destination [E:]: NTFS, 51235.97 MiB (50.035 GiB) free space
[00:33:30] Temp folder [c:]: NTFS, 18160.37 MiB (17.735 GiB) free space

[00:33:30] Log started for multiAVCHD v4.1 (build 756)
[00:33:30] Selected output mode: Playstation 3 (USB/SDHC/MS)

[00:33:30] Processing one title...
[00:33:30] Existing E:\Filme_HD_recodificado\AVCHD\ cannot be used as destination folder!
[00:33:30] Output will be written to: E:\Filme_HD_recodificado\AVCHD-20100613-003330
[00:33:32] Processing (E:\Filmes HD\Thimisou.720p.mkv)...
[00:33:32] This title is marked for reencoding / uncropping...
[00:33:32] Encoding process may take 10 min to 10 hours, so be patient...

[00:33:32] *** Initiating video encoding:

[00:33:32] *** Original : 1280x720
[00:33:32] *** Crop : 0
[00:33:32] *** Resize : 1280x720 (No change)
[00:33:32] *** Uncrop to : 1280x720
[00:33:32] *** Sharpen : 0
[00:33:32] *** Bitrate : 8600 kbps
[00:33:32] *** Frame rate: Original (29.970)
[00:33:32] *** Level : 4
[00:33:32] *** B-frames : 3
[00:33:32] *** Ref-frames: 4
[00:33:32] *** GOP size : 60 (keyframe min. each 4 frames)
[00:33:32] *** Quality : One pass (turbo)
[00:33:32] *** SAR : 1:1
[00:33:32] *** DAR : 1280x720
[00:33:32] *** Profile : Blu-ray

[00:33:32] *** Encoding : One pass - content: [02:31:24]
[00:33:32] *** Encoding : x264 options: --preset veryfast -B 8600 -I 60 --level 4 -i 8 -b 3 -r 4 -m 2 --mvrange 511 -A p8x8,i8x8 --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 20000 --qcomp 0.5 --threads auto --thread-input --aud --nal-hrd vbr --sar 1:1 --b-pyramid strict --slices 0 --weightp 0 --rc-lookahead 60 -o "c:\multiAVCHD\_TEMP\multiTEMP-20100613\Thimisou.720p.[1280x720-29.970].264" "C:\multiAVCHD\tools\20100613-003332-uncrop-running.avs"
[07:04:04] *** Close to completion - closing preview...
[07:30:57] *** Speed : 10.87 fps (elapsed: 06:57:24 - Realtime x 0.36)

[07:30:57] *** Transcoding successful!

[07:31:05] Detected frame reference count: 3 (max:6).
[07:31:05] Detected video: ID#0:V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC 1280x720, fps=29.970, ref=3
[07:31:05] Detected audio: ID#2:A_DTS (48000Hz 24bit 6ch) Language: eng
[07:31:05] Added audio: A_DTS, "E:\Filmes HD\Thimisou.720p.mkv", track=2, lang=eng, timeshift=0ms
[07:31:05] M2TS stream split set at 4000MiB...
[07:31:05] Creating clip and playlist info (tsMuxeR)...

tsMuxeR (Version 1.10.6) output:
===============================================================================
Decoding H264 stream (track 1): Profile: High@4.0 Resolution: 1280:720p Frame rate: 29.9701
H.264 manual setted fps not equal stream fps. Change H.264 fps from 29.9701 to 29.97
Decoding DTS stream (track 2): Bitrate: 1536Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 5.1
B-pyramid level 1 detected. Shift DTS to 2 frames
H264 bitstream changed: insert SPS/PPS units

tsMuxeR meta:
MUXOPT --no-pcr-on-video-pid --new-audio-pes --blu-ray --vbr --custom-chapters=00:00:00.000 --split-size=4000MiB --vbv-len=500
V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC, "c:\multiAVCHD\_TEMP\multiTEMP-20100613\Thimisou.720p.[1280x720-29.970].264", insertSEI, contSPS, lang=eng, fps=29.970
A_DTS, "E:\Filmes HD\Thimisou.720p.mkv", track=2, lang=eng, timeshift=0ms
[08:28:39] Important files missing (clpi/mpls/m2ts)...
[08:28:39] Possible tsMuxeR failure to process your input file (E:\Filmes HD\Thimisou.720p.mkv).
[08:28:39] M2TS (media) file count: 3
[08:28:39] CLPI (clipinfo) file count: 0
[08:28:39] MPLS (playlist) file count: 0

[08:28:39] Skipping to next...

[08:28:39] ERROR: Compilation does not contain any HD-DVD/AVCHD/Blu-ray titles!

[08:28:39] Preparing menu pages...
[08:28:39] Setting main menu for 0 titles...
[08:28:40] Selected TV system: [NTSC]
[08:28:43] Preparing AVCHDTN database...
[08:28:44] Database and index created!
[08:28:44] Done!

Compilation summary:
Format: Playstation 3 (USB/SDHC/MS)
Name : multiAVCHD
Output size : 2 MiB (0.001 GiB)

[08:28:44] Warnings/errors for this compilation: 1
[08:28:44] E:\Filme_HD_recodificado\AVCHD-20100613-003330 folder created (AVCHD/Blu-ray output)!
[08:28:45] Copy E:\Filme_HD_recodificado\AVCHD-20100613-003330 to root of USB stick/disk or MemoryStick card or to X:\PRIVATE\ of SDHC/SD/MMC card and rename to AVCHD!
[08:28:47] You may now remove temp folder (c:\multiAVCHD\_TEMP\multiTEMP-20100613\).

[08:28:47] multiAVCHD finished in 28516.375 seconds (07:55:16.375)!

[08:28:47] End of log.
Challes_gyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 18:08   #5833  |  Link
sreemv

Hi Dean,

I understand you said multiAVCHD will not work for PS3 with BD-J authored titles, has this changed or is there a work around? - looking to convert recent bluray titles which appear to be all BD-J authored - would love to re-author these so they can be played untouched with full menus on the PS3.

Thanks again for all your work.
sreemv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 18:54   #5834  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

BD-J discs don't work in PS3 only when using DVD discs or USB disks. There is no problem with BD25 and BD50. Use BD-Rebuilder to shrink your titles to BD25.
Old 16th June 2010, 17:39   #5835  |  Link
Beatnut

Hi dean, i think i have a problem, i converted a mkv to a dvd5 compliant video with 2 folders, audio ts and video ts, i transcoded it with the tools that are build in multiavchd, but i accidentally chose the commentary audiothrack, because i wanted to save space for a higher bitrate,

how do i remove the current audiotrack and replace it with the audio of the movie without encoding the video?
Beatnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 17:56   #5836  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

hmm...

I think you can import VIDEO_TS folder... multiAVCHD will detect it as DVD.

Open [properties] and replace the audio track.

Click [alter detected properties] and mark the title as (HD)DVD compliant.

Then process it.
Old 16th June 2010, 18:22   #5837  |  Link
mic

Quote:
hmm...

I think you can import VIDEO_TS folder... multiAVCHD will detect it as DVD...
**If** that doesn't work, PGCDemux will give you your separate tracks out of your existing DVD layout, & muxman will create a new DVD layout -- just substitute your *new* audio file for the existing one with the commentary. If you have menus that you want to preserve, VOBBlanker will let you replace your original VOB files with the ones you just created in muxman.
Old 16th June 2010, 18:23   #5838  |  Link
Beatnut

is it a problem that it is a DTS audio track?

and btw Mic and dean, option 1 didnt work

mic, Can you explain it a bit further?

how do i remove an audio track from a mkv

it is HD dts, how do i fix this, muxman doesnt support it

Last edited by Beatnut; 16th June 2010 at 18:50.
Beatnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 18:58   #5839  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Did you follow the directions in my previous post?

1) Load this VIDEO_TS folder which multiAVCHD created with the wrong audio
2) Click [properties]
3) Go to [AUDIO] tab and remove the track
4) Click [ADD] to add your proper audio-track. At this point you can even select your MKV. multiAVCHD will use the audio from it. OR you can use mkvextract and extract the DTS audio and then add it as a track.

alter detected properties to avoid transcoding and go on.

multiAVCHD will re-encode DTS audio to AC3, even if it is DTS HD... At least I think so.

//

About what you said about selecting the wrong track to save space/bitrate - have in mind that multiAVCHD will re-encode the audio to AC3 if the bitrate of the detected audio is higher than the value set in subtitles&audio tab for Non-hd audio to AC3 bitrate.

Last edited by deank; 16th June 2010 at 19:08.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 19:23   #5840  |  Link
pio011

Motion Chapter

Hi Deank & everyone,

I didn't really follow the discussion about the problems with motion chapter, so forgive me if I'm asking something which has been solved already. But I thought that the problems were solved with the recent update of multiAVCHD - I was wrong...maybe. Last night I tried for the first time to author a BR-Disc with motion chapters. And it failed! Windows gave me an error message, that mx264.exe crashed and has to be closed.
My OS is Win 7 ultimate / 64bit.
I don't know if it helps, but here's a part of the logfile of multiAVCHD - I don't think it's necessary to show the whole log:

Code:
[21:24:30] Preparing menu pages...

[21:24:31] Encoding static XMB menu page [1/3] [Static title thumbnail].
[21:24:31] Extracting motion chapters for page #1...
[21:31:30] Encoding static XMB menu page [1/3]: Chapter page [1/1].
[22:27:46] Error encoding chapter menu page #1 for title #1!
[22:28:02] Failure to mux menu and to create playlist [00601.mpls]
[22:28:02] *** User defined thumblink #1 -> Chapter #1
[22:28:02] *** User defined thumblink #2 -> Chapter #2
[22:28:02] *** User defined thumblink #3 -> Chapter #3
[22:28:02] *** User defined thumblink #4 -> Chapter #4
[22:28:02] *** User defined thumblink #5 -> Chapter #5
[22:28:02] *** User defined thumblink #6 -> Chapter #6
[22:28:02] *** User defined thumblink #7 -> Chapter #7
[22:28:02] *** User defined thumblink #8 -> Chapter #8
[22:28:02] *** User defined thumblink #9 -> Chapter #9
[22:28:02] *** User defined thumblink #10 -> Chapter #10
[22:28:02] *** User defined thumblink #11 -> Chapter #11
[22:28:02] *** User defined thumblink #12 -> Chapter #12
[22:28:02] Error encoding/muxing chapter menu page #1 for title #1!
[22:28:03] Encoding static XMB menu page [1/3]: Setup page (audio/subtitle).

[22:28:06] Encoding static XMB menu page [2/3] [Static title thumbnail].
[22:28:06] Extracting motion chapters for page #1...
[22:33:21] Encoding static XMB menu page [2/3]: Chapter page [1/1].
[22:35:26] Error encoding chapter menu page #1 for title #2!
[22:35:36] Failure to mux menu and to create playlist [00602.mpls]
[22:35:36] *** User defined thumblink #1 -> Chapter #1
[22:35:36] *** User defined thumblink #2 -> Chapter #2
[22:35:36] *** User defined thumblink #3 -> Chapter #3
[22:35:36] *** User defined thumblink #4 -> Chapter #4
[22:35:36] *** User defined thumblink #5 -> Chapter #5
[22:35:36] *** User defined thumblink #6 -> Chapter #6
[22:35:36] *** User defined thumblink #7 -> Chapter #7
[22:35:36] *** User defined thumblink #8 -> Chapter #8
[22:35:36] *** User defined thumblink #9 -> Chapter #9
[22:35:36] *** User defined thumblink #10 -> Chapter #10
[22:35:36] *** User defined thumblink #11 -> Chapter #11
[22:35:36] *** User defined thumblink #12 -> Chapter #12
[22:35:36] Error encoding/muxing chapter menu page #1 for title #2!
So, any help would be great. Thanks in advance!
pio011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author