Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 8th November 2009, 14:02   #3821  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I'm not sure if it is possible. I'm not aware of a way to make VSFilter.dll process external fonts (passed as files).

Something I added in the last update (and fixed a typo printing NTSC instead of NTFS):

Code:
[14:55:38] Destination [D:]: NTFS, 11593.38 MiB (11.322 GiB) free space
[14:55:38] Temp folder [C:]: NTFS, 18747.56 MiB (18.308 GiB) free space
[14:55:38] Expected compilation size exceeds available free space!
[14:55:38] Required space: ~14622 MiB (14.279 GiB)
multiAVCHD will try to detect available free space on both Destination and Temp folder drives. Should one of both has less space than roughly required, it will issue a warning in the LOG and will pop-up a message for user to decide whether to continue or not.

Also a warning pop-up will be displayed if Destination or Temp drives are FAT32 formatted, but user has set MEDIA SPLIT to a value bigger than 4GB.
Code:
Destination or TEMP drive is FAT32 (4 GB restricted)! Reset split to 4000MiB?
p.s. Tool used for detection: %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\wbem\WMIC.exe, which is present in Windows XP, Vista and 7.

Dean

Last edited by deank; 8th November 2009 at 17:31.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 20:52   #3822  |  Link
Rodger

Currently Rapidshare is once again out of free slots.

I had the luck to get one free slot after almost an hour !!!

For those who need multiAVCHD right now....I uploaded it for those of you:

Here is the link: LINK REMOVED

@ Dean: I have some webspace @ my ISP free....I could check if I could help you out....donīt know If I am to pay if traffic overcome a certain limit.
Iīd have to ask for it.....but only if there is any interest.

Last edited by Rodger; 8th November 2009 at 21:47. Reason: Link Removed!
Rodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 20:57   #3823  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

No, please do not post other links!

There is ALWAYS a current (latest) version of multiAVCHD @ videohelp.com:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/multiAVCHD

The owner of the site was kind enough to allow me to FTP the latest versions directly to videohelp, so please use it instead.

Dean

edit: If you can handle 360GB per month... yeah... If I could pay for such download traffic I would've used my server. Sadly - I can't.

edit2: Current/old users of multiAVHCD do not need to download the full package, unless there is a specific note in the LOG TAB or multiAVCHD.dat file update. Base .exe updates are handled by my servers and provide build-to-build updates.

Last edited by deank; 8th November 2009 at 21:06.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 21:38   #3824  |  Link
WildTexasChef

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
First (because you're testing) you could've used encoding profile Turbo or Insane to get the work done faster (although Turbo is a great profile and delivers good quality). 60+ hours is WAY too much.

Can you post your log, so I can see what is happening and what may cause the audio sync?

Dean
I am assuming here... if I am wrong. My apologies, but that your replying to my post.

No multiAVCHD only took about 24 hours to process. Not bad. I can handle that. BD-Rebuilder is what is taking 3.5 days to finish processing. BTW as of this post, it is sitll processing. But I also think part of that is the computer. As that computer is a 1.8ghz Celeron processor with 2gb of memory.

I closed multiAVCHD waiting for reponse from the forums here... So I don't know how I can get the log back. Unless I run the program again. Which I am doing now. This time before I close I will save the log and post it in the forum. Figure that will be about 24 hours from the time of this post.

WTC
WildTexasChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 21:43   #3825  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

A Celeron processor is not good enough for h.264 encoding (read slow!). You could've used master cut options in AUTHOR tab (or cut/trim start/end in "TITLE PROPERTIES") and encode just 10-20 minutes of your video just to see if it is all okay.
Old 8th November 2009, 21:48   #3826  |  Link
Rodger

Hi dean,

I didnīt use it for quite a while and had what seemed like a messed up installation, which DID NOT Update at all.
The dat file was out of date was told.

Only way to fix this seemed the full installation.
Which worked.

By the way the result DID NOT PLAY on my Pioneer BDP-LX52.
Will have to check what went wrong.

/EDIT: Just did a check....I have free traffic of 10GB
So wonīt work

But If you are planning on localizations Iīd be happy to help you out for german language

Last edited by Rodger; 8th November 2009 at 21:51.
Old 9th November 2009, 09:08   #3827  |  Link
WildTexasChef

Quote:
A Celeron processor is not good enough for h.264 encoding (read slow!). You could've used master cut options in AUTHOR tab (or cut/trim start/end in "TITLE PROPERTIES") and encode just 10-20 minutes of your video just to see if it is all okay.
The Celeron processor is the computer running BD-Rebuilder. The computer running multiAVCHD is a Duo 2 Quad.

That computer is still running the file as previously mentioned.

Now a THIRD comptuer I have. (Duo 2 Quad) is trying to process a Star Trek episode. It read the disc folder structure just fine and the playlist as well. So it figured out that episode 1 on this disc was a playlist of about 18 M2TS files. When I clicked on the play list and it brought up "Title #1" properties. The "Transcode" button which is the button on top of "preview" is grayed out. It won't let me click on it to choose my transcoding options.

It also won't let me remove any of the audio tracks. (There are 7 audio tracks as well as 9 Subtitle tracks. It won't let me remove any of them)

Whats up with that? How can I change the transcoding options?

WTC
WildTexasChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 09:10   #3828  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

There is a button "Normal/Playlist" in Title Properties. Click it and you will 'unlock' advanced editing and transcoding.
Old 9th November 2009, 12:29   #3829  |  Link
daberti

Deank, DTSMA encoded files once put into a BD (classic menu)
with cue still are not allowed by my player (Panasonic BD60) to skip chapters.
I think I'll stick to 5.1 LPCM @24/48Khz, since the source is 41Khz and I don't think that going to 24/96 will improve the performances.

Said that I've many DD2.0 encoded DVDs.
Do you think that demuxing the audio stream to WAV and upmixing to 5.1 LPCM (leaving Khz as original) would lead to some performance improvements?
How could I remux via MultiAVCHD the resulting WAV audio with original video file (encoding the whole stuff to keep it AVCHD/Bluray compatible?
Last but not least: would it be enough performancewise to transcode DVDs using Turbo one pass at 2500kbps to ensure that no detail is lost compared to DVD source?

Thanks in advance, Dan
daberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 12:36   #3830  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I really don't know what is it with your player and these chapters. They should work, no matter the audio codec.

I'm not sure what you mean with the question about your DVD discs.

You can import a DVD and create blu-ray without transcoding the video and without touching the audio.

Should you decide to transcode it - yes TURBO with 2500 is more than enough. In fact ~1500-2000 is good enough for 720x... resolution.

You don't have to encode the audio from DD to WAV. If you decide to, then you can add WAVs as external audio tracks in "Title properties".
Old 9th November 2009, 12:49   #3831  |  Link
daberti

Quote:
I really don't know what is it with your player and these chapters. They should work, no matter the audio codec.

I'm not sure what you mean with the question about your DVD discs.

You can import a DVD and create blu-ray without transcoding the video and without touching the audio.

Should you decide to transcode it - yes TURBO with 2500 is more than enough. In fact ~1500-2000 is good enough for 720x... resolution.

You don't have to encode the audio from DD to WAV. If you decide to, then you can add WAVs as external audio tracks in "Title properties".
I'll do some more "Audio BD" experimenting.

DVD: question.
Some example may be useful.
The Longest Day has a Dolby Digital 2.0 Italian audio track.
48Khz. Do you think that putting it as 5.1 24/48 LPCM would add something?

The remaining part of your reply is quite clear.

Thanks, Dan
Old 9th November 2009, 12:55   #3832  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Any conversion (video or audio) leads to quality degradation. I see no point in converting DD to LPCM
Old 9th November 2009, 13:12   #3833  |  Link
daberti

Quote:
Any conversion (video or audio) leads to quality degradation. I see no point in converting DD to LPCM
The point would be going from 2.0 channels to 5.1 .
Old 9th November 2009, 13:18   #3834  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I believe your AMP will do a better job for 2.0 to 5.1... At least you have some surround presets which you can play with... You can't get real 5.1 off of 2 channels.
Old 9th November 2009, 13:24   #3835  |  Link
daberti

Quote:
I believe your AMP will do a better job for 2.0 to 5.1... At least you have some surround presets which you can play with... You can't get real 5.1 off of 2 channels.
Got it
Thus I'll score a video degradation as well if transcoding, am I right? (even without resizing I mean)
Old 9th November 2009, 13:34   #3836  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Yes, transcoding is never lossless. But you won't notice the difference, so don't worry.
Old 9th November 2009, 14:17   #3837  |  Link
daberti

Quote:
Yes, transcoding is never lossless. But you won't notice the difference, so don't worry.
Thanks
Old 9th November 2009, 16:37   #3838  |  Link
Music Fan

Anyway it's not useful because the Dolby Digital is decompressed to PCM by your player (or your receiver), thus you would do with your pc what your player would do, and the quality is the same (it's easier to decode ac3 to PCM than encode PCM to ac3).
And the place that you save with the video (from mpeg-2 to AVC with a lower rate), you loose it with the sound.
A lot of work and time spent for nothing.
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 18:34   #3839  |  Link
daberti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Fan View Post
Anyway it's not useful because the Dolby Digital is decompressed to PCM by your player (or your receiver), thus you would do with your pc what your player would do, and the quality is the same (it's easier to decode ac3 to PCM than encode PCM to ac3).
And the place that you save with the video (from mpeg-2 to AVC with a lower rate), you loose it with the sound.
A lot of work and time spent for nothing.
Thanks.
Once again.
Old 9th November 2009, 22:49   #3840  |  Link
Rodger

By the way I found the problem!
Both Players (Pioneer BDP-LX52 AND Samsung BD-P2500) refuse to play streams with Profile 4.0 !!!

PATCHED the stream to Profile 4.1 and instandly it played fine
but ONLY on Samsung. Pioneer still "Canīt Play".

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author