Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 4th December 2008, 01:53   #3301  |  Link
nwg

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarian View Post
Yes. TrueHD contains an AC3 core + HD data, like DTSHD Master Audio. The HD data is extra. DTSHD-MA and TrueHD work the same: at the basis is the 'core' data, and attached to each channel is extra HD data to complete the track to full HD audio. So, stripping the core would simply make a full HD audio track incomplete/broken.
Thanks. I will be soon making BD-R movie only discs. A lot of movies are already under 25GB but some are over which would mean using Ripbot to make it fit. It is my intention to only use the HD Audio tracks. I can then play the disc on my DD/DTS amp but if I upgrade to full HD audio, I will then full TrueHD and DT-HD MA/HR. I suppose I will have to include either a DD or DTS track to go with uncompressed PCM so I will have to mux the second track later with tsmuxer. Atm, umcompressed 5.1/7.1 audio only comes out in 2 channel with my amp.
nwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 02:13   #3302  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwg View Post
Thanks. I will be soon making BD-R movie only discs. A lot of movies are already under 25GB but some are over which would mean using Ripbot to make it fit. It is my intention to only use the HD Audio tracks. I can then play the disc on my DD/DTS amp but if I upgrade to full HD audio, I will then full TrueHD and DT-HD MA/HR. I suppose I will have to include either a DD or DTS track to go with uncompressed PCM so I will have to mux the second track later with tsmuxer. Atm, umcompressed 5.1/7.1 audio only comes out in 2 channel with my amp.
I've been experimenting with my Wall-E Blu-Ray disc-set for the same reason: getting it to fit on a BD-R, whilst keeping the pretty menus; which works wonderfully well, in terms of replacing the m2ts file with a reencoded one (even with my 'insane' setting, Wall-E actually compresses equally insane well: one ~6G). Chapter selection proves a little harder, though.

Yeah, LPCM 7.1 requires an HDMI 1.3 receiver (which I don't have either, yet). But with eac3to and the Surcode encoder, you could make a nice DTS-ES track, and simply keep the LPCM track inside the m2ts for later.
Old 4th December 2008, 03:02   #3303  |  Link
nwg

Quote:
I've been experimenting with my Wall-E Blu-Ray disc-set for the same reason: getting it to fit on a BD-R, whilst keeping the pretty menus; which works wonderfully well, in terms of replacing the m2ts file with a reencoded one (even with my 'insane' setting, Wall-E actually compresses equally insane well: one ~6G). Chapter selection proves a little harder, though.

Yeah, LPCM 7.1 requires an HDMI 1.3 receiver (which I don't have either, yet). But with eac3to and the Surcode encoder, you could make a nice DTS-ES track, and simply keep the LPCM track inside the m2ts for later.
Not worried about menus. A simple movie only disc with one or two audio tracks, English subs and original chapters will do.

I found a program that make it even easier to make a disc under 25GB. It is called Blu Ray to DVD Pro (but also burns to BD) and can read ripped files. All I need to do is choose rhe audio and subs. It creates a movie only structure and then burns it. Not sure if it is worth risking a blank BD. They are still not that cheap.

LPCM 7.1 still sounds great through 5.1.
Old 4th December 2008, 14:41   #3304  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwg View Post

I found a program that make it even easier to make a disc under 25GB. It is called Blu Ray to DVD Pro (but also burns to BD) and can read ripped files. All I need to do is choose rhe audio and subs. It creates a movie only structure and then burns it. Not sure if it is worth risking a blank BD. They are still not that cheap.
Well, both RipBot264 and tsMuxeR can create a 'movie-only' BD structure, too, which can be burnt immediately with, say, imgburn. I know both their structures result in a working BD disc. But if you don't trust it, simply mount the image in whatever virtual device you use, and play it first (or play from folder first with, say, TotalMedia Theatre).
Old 4th December 2008, 15:28   #3305  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Well, both RipBot264 and tsMuxeR can create a 'movie-only' BD structure, too,
RipBot264 uses tsmuxer to create blu-ray structure
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 15:42   #3306  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

I thought I read somewhere here that you would show your size calculation algorithm Atak, but I can't seem to find it.

If I'm mistaken about that, fine--but I was curious to know how your app hits the target size bullseye every time!? :wow:
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 15:48   #3307  |  Link
nwg

Quote:
Well, both RipBot264 and tsMuxeR can create a 'movie-only' BD structure, too, which can be burnt immediately with, say, imgburn. I know both their structures result in a working BD disc. But if you don't trust it, simply mount the image in whatever virtual device you use, and play it first (or play from folder first with, say, TotalMedia Theatre).
I know as I use both to do that. However, ripbot will reencode and I am looking at user friendliness with as much ease as possible in little steps as possible.
Old 4th December 2008, 15:55   #3308  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
I thought I read somewhere here that you would show your size calculation algorithm Atak, but I can't seem to find it.
Code:
if copyaudiostream=1 then audiobitrate:=strtofloat(audiobps)/1000*1024; //audio bitrate taken via MediaInfo
      if audiobitrate=196608 then multiplier:=1/(size*0.008267196)/100 else  //0.00027 for 4480 MB
      if audiobitrate=229376 then multiplier:=1/(size*0.013130252)/100 else  //0.00017
      if audiobitrate=262144 then multiplier:=1/(size*0.010629252)/100 else  //0.00021
      if audiobitrate=393216 then multiplier:=1/(size*0.009704969)/100 else  //0.00023
      if audiobitrate=458752 then multiplier:=1/(size*0.013130252)/100 else  //0.00017
      if audiobitrate=655360 then multiplier:=1/(size*0.008267196)/100 else  //0.00027
      if audiobitrate=786432 then multiplier:=1/(size*0.0067640693)/100 else //0.00033  dts real bitrate is lower 737 kbps
      if audiobitrate=1572864 then multiplier:=1/(size*0.0044642857)/100;    //0.00050  dts real bitrate is lower 1474 kbps

if audiobitrate=0 then overhead:=1.074 else overhead:=1+(duration*multiplier+4.34)/100; //if m2ts has no audio overhead is constant 

if copyaudiostream=0 then tempcalc:=( (size*1048576/overhead-SubtitleFileSize*2) /duration*8-audiobitrate)/1000;
    if copyaudiostream=1 then tempcalc:=(size*1048576/overhead-AudioFileSize*1.024-SubtitleFileSize*2)/duration*8/1000; // SubtitleFileSize*2 was added in v1.11.5 to avoid oversized files with subtitles

calculatebitrate:=round(tempcalc);

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 4th December 2008 at 16:01.
Old 4th December 2008, 16:08   #3309  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Code:
if copyaudiostream=1 then audiobitrate:=strtofloat(audiobps)/1000*1024; //audio bitrate taken via MediaInfo
calculatebitrate:=round(tempcalc);
Many thanks for your reply, and congrats on a nice app!
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 19:29   #3310  |  Link
Electrox3d

Hi. RipBot is my favorite application for converting to MKV and when it works it works beautifully! Getting this started I ran into a little issue, even though it said I had Avisynth and Haali media splitter installed, the software would just stop (not freeze, just stop) when trying to demux until I re-installed Avisynth and Haali media splitter. (not sure which one fixed it cause I reinstalled both before testing again), but then it worked.

Thank you very much for this application. It has worked on a couple episodes of a Blu-ray TV show I have. There is a question I have on one of my movies the demux fails. Here's an excerpt from the video - Log.txt:
[a03] Creating file "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.ac3"...
[s06] Creating file "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\subtitle.1.sup"...
[a03] The source seems to be damaged (discontinuity) at file pos 10096644480.
[a03] You can use "-ignoreDiscon" to make eac3to ignore discontinuities.
[a03] Doing that might result in artifacts during playback, though.
Aborted at file position 10096656384.

Can I use this -ignoreDiscon tag within RipBot somehow?
Old 4th December 2008, 19:51   #3311  |  Link
asarian

I'm having the strangest issue with the Macross Frontier Blu-Ray discs. Since my Japanese isn't exactly what it used to be (or worse, actually: exactly what it used to be, LOL), I'll need to add English subs. No problemo, as I've done that many times before. However, upon examining the result this morning, turns out the subs were rather out of sync. Upon further examination, I found out that it's actually the movie which slows down a bit somehow (also relative to its own sound). Weird. So, I tried something else, like use an existing fan-subbed mkv (these were aired TV episodes first, of course), of which this is a small sample:

http://rapidshare.com/files/17022203...-test.mkv.html

And added ".Lanczos4Resize(1920,1080)" to the 720 source. And, low and behold, the movie starts seriously lagging behind again; as the title song starts (at approx 1 min.), the movie is already 4-5 seconds behind. The same happens for the Blu-Ray episode, even when I leave it completely untouched, but the slowdown is stretched out too much to show you here, as it's ~7G file for a single 24 minutes episode, and the lag only becomes noticeable after a few minutes or so (which is still after several hundreds of megabytes).

The original m2ts file plays just fine, with image and sound in perfect sync. Here's a sample of the original Blu-Ray m2ts, but the video-delay is still extremely small here (only several milliseconds at the start of the title song):

http://rapidshare.com/files/17023877...cut1.m2ts.html

This is the only movie this happens with. Last time I added subs was for the Kill Bill Blu-Rays, and they were just fine. But that was done with RipBot 1.10.5, and an older ffdshow and haali splitter version. So I'm getting a bit worried here. I've tested this on 3 different machines, all with the same result.

I hope someone can help me out here.

Last edited by asarian; 4th December 2008 at 21:50. Reason: Typo
asarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 19:57   #3312  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

asarian
i'm downloading now. BTW Next time use www.mediafire.com
Old 4th December 2008, 20:04   #3313  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
asarian
i'm downloading now. BTW Next time use www.mediafire.com
Thanks for looking into this, Atak. I've already done many movies with the new 1.11.5 actually, and none of them gives me any problem. It's really rather bizarre. It's a straightforward H264 source, neatly at 23.976 fps; and I can think of no reason why this would occur.

P.S. I'll use mediafire next time; rapidshare is annoyingly limited, it seems.
Old 4th December 2008, 22:03   #3314  |  Link
x_specter_x

out of sync audio for DTS

maybe someone can help. I am using the latest ripbot, mediasplitter, ffdshow. I just installed them all yesterday. When i try to convert a H264 movie with DTS sound into an mkv file the audio is out of sync. I used tsremux to demux the original movie file and save it in .264 and .dts format. Is this the problem? should I use ripbot to demux the video? In ripbot, i am just doing a copy of the audio track. I tried playback with several programs and different ffdshow settings, but no luck. The audio is out of sync from the beginning of the movie. Any suggestions? should i try converting the dts file to ac3 first?

It takes a little over 24 hours on my computer to the 1920x1080 movie. So I can try different things blindly, but that can take forever to see the results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Great program, by the way!
x_specter_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 22:25   #3315  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Who told you to use TSMuxer?!?!?! is that hard to import .m2ts or .evo directly from original Blu-Ray/HD-DVD structure???
Old 4th December 2008, 22:26   #3316  |  Link
asarian

Atak, regarding my Macross Frontier issue, I did some more testing. For starters, the intermediate mkv you create is still correct. There's an easy test for that (with or without sound). The title song kicks in at precisely 00:00:52 hours, at which exact moment the video scene of the Macross Fleet cuts to the two dancing figurines in space. So, while the mkv is still in order, in preview mode, and actual encoding, that scene only cuts to the two twirling girls at 00:00:58, already having incurred a 4 seconds, inexplicable delay.

So, this leaves either AviSynth, ffdshow or the haali splitter. I downgraded ffdshow to a RipBot 1.10.5 version (and tried with RipBot 1.10.5); both to no avail, alas. AviSynth has always worked and has never been changed, so I'm really leaning towards the new haali splitter. Unfortunately, I can't locate an older haali splitter any more, so I can't test that.
Old 4th December 2008, 23:11   #3317  |  Link
what2be

Possible bug?

Not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but when you pick the apple tv profile, it defaults to 1280x1024 instead of 1280x720. I have to go into the advanced options and have it resize to 1280x720 so its viewable in Apple TV.

other than that, great program. Congratulations on a very nice piece of software.
what2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 23:56   #3318  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but when you pick the apple tv profile, it defaults to 1280x1024 instead of 1280x720. I have to go into the advanced options and have it resize to 1280x720 so its viewable in Apple TV.
it's not a bug.
Old 5th December 2008, 00:22   #3319  |  Link
dvgeek

Hi Atak,

Sorry be bothering you again - but any info on my earlier post?

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...43#post1218343

Thanks.
dvgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 00:47   #3320  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

rename .m2ts to .mts (AVCHD camcorder extension)

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360