Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30th June 2007, 02:21   #421  |  Link
maya

Any Way to Reencode MPEG4/VC-1 Blu Ray Rip to MPEG2

I would like to play my MPEG4 and VC-1 blu ray rips on my Tvix 4100, but it will only accept MPEG2 rips in an m2ts container. Will tsremux or anything else help me here?
maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 16:24   #422  |  Link
AtomicStryker
on DeathCon 1

Yay THANKS A TON

Finally something to make my .MTS files work with Premiere - demuxed em to TS and finally the blast program works with them

It shows the Dolby Digital Sound Data in the Stream, too, but it can't demux that - it returns a file few KB big
AtomicStryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 20:41   #423  |  Link
dorati

@dmz01: When I use your TsRemux and select for output;Blu-Ray - you generated a file 00001.m2ts. You can change this to 00000.m2ts?? Why? I found this great solution, but I must rename some files and use a Hexeditor:

I don't have a Blu-Ray Burner.
I write the generated BDMV-Folder to DVD in all different formats, but my PS3 never wan't to play this DVD (Mini-BluRay).

But you can create HighDefinition DVD's using the AVCHD-Format.
The only Programm I found witch can write this format was NeroVision 4.
But always - you create a Projekt, the Video is Transcoding and it is not Possible for 23,975fps (only 25fps and 29,97).

But how to burn without transcoding?

I found a way, that is a little tricky - but it works --))

Start Nerovision and create a AVCHD Projekt.
Add some valid Videoclips (30 Sek. or so) and burn the Projekt on a DVD-RW. It is importand to burn and not to cancel. If cancel, all Tempdata are erased. Later Burn DON'T close the aplikation

Now, in Dokumente und Einstellungen\User\Lokale Einstellungen\Temp\NeroHDDVDxxxxxx (on German XP) you found a BDMV-Folder.
Nero generated a 00000.m2ts.
I change this with the 00001.m2ts from TSRemux (renamed).
Then I change in CLIPINF the 00000.clpi with the one of TSRemux (renamed). And at last in PLAYLIST the 00000.mpls. But in this 00000.mpls I changed with a HexEditor the 00001.m2ts in 00000.m2ts (For Play the right file).

Now you say in NeroVision Burn again and Nero is burning the updated Data.

All is playing fine on my PS3. Subtitle, AC3-Output.

So, you can split the orginal HD-Movie on 2 DVD-DL.

Now I test to transcode to 720p and use the same trick.

Thank you for your great program - i beginn to like this Blu-Ray --))
dorati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2007, 14:45   #424  |  Link
trilko

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz01 View Post
[LIST][*]Still working on MKV support
How does it look right now? Hardly waiting for it to test )
trilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2007, 16:38   #425  |  Link
oldpainless

Yeah I tried just about everything...It seems I can get 720p MKV (most of the time) to TS or AVI in sync, but 1080p....forget it...I can get about 2 out of 6 files done in sync....looks (i might be wrong?) that 720p MKV's most of the time are CFR, but 1080p MKV appear to be VFR (x.264 VFR codec?). So with most 1080p (and some 720p) MKV's, the timestamps are in the MKV container to maintain sync. So, the moment you demux....your buggered (with current tool sets anyway).

So, now it's time for me to wait for our good chap to work his magic...

Kevin

Last edited by oldpainless; 2nd July 2007 at 17:08.
oldpainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:10   #426  |  Link
oldpainless

PS to my above post...I'd be glad to be talking outta my behind on this one...cus it means I can feel safe knowing that someone who knows more is on the case!

Regards

Kevin
Old 3rd July 2007, 05:05   #427  |  Link
dmz01

Looks like I might have a test version ready next weekend. Sorry, but I only have time on weekends nowadays.
dmz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 06:48   #428  |  Link
oldpainless

Quote:
Looks like I might have a test version ready next weekend. Sorry, but I only have time on weekends nowadays.
Great if you can man.Look forward to testing it for you.

Kevin
Old 3rd July 2007, 07:38   #429  |  Link
Usul

Quote:
You are so awesome!!

Is there anyway that we all can donate by paypal to you for you awesome efforts??

Thanx again in advance,, can't wait for MKV ... Just awesome..
Usul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2007, 16:32   #430  |  Link
musicman2311

great tool for blu ray

Hi this is a great tool,

i tested with all codecs in blu ray (vc1, mpeg, avc).

However I also tested .ts streams and .evo.

Unfortunately none of them plays correctly on ps3 after running through tsremux.

are you still working on this ?

what support do you need ?

thanks
musicman2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2007, 18:11   #431  |  Link
robena

Sky Caps

Hi,

TSRemux is quite a work done so fast.

TSRemux has some issues with UK Sky HD caps. It sees their AC3 stream as a True HD one.

When you select this stream and remux, the output is somehow not audio compliant: a TVIX 4100 for example is not able to use it, and XMUXER Pro does not see the audio PID that TSREmux has created at all.

That's very likely because TSRemux flags that audio output as a True HD track also, so players don't recognize it as an AC3 track.

It would be a tremendous help if you could fix this issue, so here is a sample:

http://www.verzend.be/v/371416/SkyHDCap.ts.html

Thanks.

Edit: with other caps, TSRemux sees the AC3 track as lossless audio. Here is a second sample that shows that problem:

http://www.verzend.be/v/2237653/SkyHDCap2.ts.html

Last edited by robena; 4th July 2007 at 18:16.
robena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2007, 21:33   #432  |  Link
Adbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman2311 View Post
Hi this is a great tool,

i tested with all codecs in blu ray (vc1, mpeg, avc).

However I also tested .ts streams and .evo.

Unfortunately none of them plays correctly on ps3 after running through tsremux.

are you still working on this ?

what support do you need ?

thanks
Evo files won't work as a direct conversion due to the audio, you need to convert the audio to ac3 then remux it with the video and then build a bdmv folder in tsremux. Have done it with quite a few of my evo files
Adbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 11:23   #433  |  Link
jagaskywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorati View Post
...All is playing fine on my PS3. Subtitle, AC3-Output.
--))
This is very interesting information. Can you give us some more details on the source format ? (was it AVC/H264, or does it also work with mpeg2 ?)

Maybe it won't be difficult for TSRemux to use the same "template" and generate AVCHD "disk structures".......

What about your 720p tests ?

Thanks

PS: I think Pinnacle 11.1 does output now to AVCHD disks, so it might be another option
jagaskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 12:27   #434  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adbear View Post
Evo files won't work as a direct conversion due to the audio, you need to convert the audio to ac3 then remux it with the video and then build a bdmv folder in tsremux. Have done it with quite a few of my evo files
Could you please throw in some additional information regarding the process, such as what tools were used etc.? Thanks.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 13:14   #435  |  Link
jcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorati View Post
@dmz01: When I use your TsRemux and select for output;Blu-Ray - you generated a file 00001.m2ts. You can change this to 00000.m2ts?? Why? I found this great solution, but I must rename some files and use a Hexeditor:

I don't have a Blu-Ray Burner.
I write the generated BDMV-Folder to DVD in all different formats, but my PS3 never wan't to play this DVD (Mini-BluRay).

But you can create HighDefinition DVD's using the AVCHD-Format.
The only Programm I found witch can write this format was NeroVision 4.
But always - you create a Projekt, the Video is Transcoding and it is not Possible for 23,975fps (only 25fps and 29,97).

But how to burn without transcoding?

I found a way, that is a little tricky - but it works --))

Start Nerovision and create a AVCHD Projekt.
Add some valid Videoclips (30 Sek. or so) and burn the Projekt on a DVD-RW. It is importand to burn and not to cancel. If cancel, all Tempdata are erased. Later Burn DON'T close the aplikation

Now, in Dokumente und Einstellungen\User\Lokale Einstellungen\Temp\NeroHDDVDxxxxxx (on German XP) you found a BDMV-Folder.
Nero generated a 00000.m2ts.
I change this with the 00001.m2ts from TSRemux (renamed).
Then I change in CLIPINF the 00000.clpi with the one of TSRemux (renamed). And at last in PLAYLIST the 00000.mpls. But in this 00000.mpls I changed with a HexEditor the 00001.m2ts in 00000.m2ts (For Play the right file).

Now you say in NeroVision Burn again and Nero is burning the updated Data.

All is playing fine on my PS3. Subtitle, AC3-Output.

So, you can split the orginal HD-Movie on 2 DVD-DL.

Now I test to transcode to 720p and use the same trick.

Thank you for your great program - i beginn to like this Blu-Ray --))

When I made a AVCHD with nero, I remember I just copied the .mts file to a USB drive and played it directly from the PS3, without the need of the disc... the file would play just fine.

What's the advantage of playing it from a disc, apart from the menus and such things?
jcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 13:28   #436  |  Link
jagaskywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar View Post
When I made a AVCHD with nero, I remember I just copied the .mts file to a USB drive and played it directly from the PS3, without the need of the disc... the file would play just fine.

What's the advantage of playing it from a disc, apart from the menus and such things?
Playing it from the XMB (e.g. from USB drive) downmixes audio to 2.0 .... (who knows why)

J
Old 5th July 2007, 17:28   #437  |  Link
robena

Hi,

Here:

http://www.verzend.be/v/9501946/IndexOutOfBouds.ts.html

is a file which generates an "index out of bound" message when remuxing.

Thanks for looking into it.
robena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2007, 04:01   #438  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by robena View Post
Thanks for looking into it.
Thanks for the samples Robert. Will be fixed in the next version.
dmz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2007, 08:49   #439  |  Link
jagaskywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagaskywalker View Post
This is very interesting information. Can you give us some more details on the source format ? (was it AVC/H264, or does it also work with mpeg2 ?)
To answer myself, I tried it yesterday and it worked perfectly with a mpeg2 m2ts directly ripped from a BD. It seems PS3 can handle AVCHDs with 1080p mpeg2... (is that part of the AVCHD spec ?)

Good news anyway

UPDATE ! .... I tried right now to burn the BR disk structure created with TSRemux on a DVD, using UDF 2.6 and IT WORKED in the PS3 ! My source was a BR trailer from Terminator 2 BR (MPEG2, AC3) and it is recognised in the PS3 as a BDMV disk on a DVD. It plays perfectly. I have firmware 1.5, could somebody test it with the latest fw version (1.82) and/or with other sources (AVC/H264, VC1) ?

Once we have mkv support this is going to be amazing....

[According to the wikipedia, BD-9 is a red laser DVD with BD contents on. This disc should be rotated at 3x speed or more to satisfy the minimum transfer rate of 30.24 Mbit/s.... I do not know if the DVD I created plays at that speed.. I did not notice any lag or problem while reproducing the video, and it reached at least 20 Mb/s...]

Last edited by jagaskywalker; 6th July 2007 at 22:52.
Old 7th July 2007, 07:18   #440  |  Link
dorati

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagaskywalker View Post

Maybe it won't be difficult for TSRemux to use the same "template" and generate AVCHD "disk structures".......

What about your 720p tests ?

Thanks

PS: I think Pinnacle 11.1 does output now to AVCHD disks, so it might be another option
The Source was always AVC/H264. MPEG2 i have not testet.

It works fine with 1280x720p(23,97) 1920x1080p(23,97) and 1440x1080i(25fps). You must change in Clipinf and Playlist the Byte for the Resulution. If you don't know, with it is, I can look later at home. Here I don't have my paper. You can check with BD-Edit if the settings are ok.
I don't know, if other Resuluton works - like 1080i and 25fps (German TV) because I don't know, how to generate the m2ts-Stream. The only program I found is Scenarist and only accept InputStreams witch are Blu-Ray Spezifikation.

But I think!!, all Resulution explaint in this List will work:
http://www.emedialive.com/articles/r...rticleid=11397
dorati is offline   Reply With Quote