Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 26th January 2017, 23:43   #1  |  Link
Cyber Akuma

MeGui randomely fails on 3-pass encode with STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

This is driving me nuts. I never had much issues with MeGui before, and usually when I did, the error was consistent and the error message gave some insight into what was wrong.

But this latest encode is driving me up a wall trying to get it to work.

I created an AviSynth script to try to join several MP4 files together with transitions. The avs file itself plays ok, though laggy.

I am also trying to do a three-pass x264 encode of the file.

When I load this file in MeGui, first it complains about the colorspace ("AviSynth clip is in 1610612740 not in YV12, even though ConvertToYV12() has been appended. Continue anyway?") but lets me continue.

After this however, either pass 1, 2, or 3 fails. It seems to be random, usually pass 1 finishes, but sometimes it fails. But then pass 2 usually fails. One time pass 2 did work, but then 3 failed. I never managed to get all three passes to finish, and once a pass fails, attempting to re-start it always fails. The failure happens right at the start of the pass too.

The only error message MeGui gives me is "Process exits with error: 0xC0000005 STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION", which is pretty generic and doesn't seem to really help.

Can anyone help or even give suggestions how I can try to find in more detail what the error is?
Old 27th January 2017, 00:47   #2  |  Link
locotus

Perhaps you should give a bit more information, because if your running Win10,
just had to move your files to an un-protected windows directory.

That's what the access- violation suggest to me.
locotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2017, 01:27   #3  |  Link
Cyber Akuma

Sure, what other information do you need?

And yes, this is on Win10.
Old 27th January 2017, 02:32   #4  |  Link
hello_hello

If it makes you fell any better, MeGUI has crashed on me a couple of times in the last few days as it's moved on to the next encoding job. I almost never run 2 pass encoding but I did for a particular encode several days ago, and MeGUI crashed as the second pass commenced.

I put it down to running XP, but maybe that's not the reason. If I open a preview with Interframe in a script, MeGUI now crashes every time I close the preview. That's new. The same happens when I include any script that uses the latest version of the dither plugin, so I've been using an older version for a while now to try and maintain some sanity, but I don't know why Interframe is suddenly doing the same.

It occurred to me as I typed that maybe I should go back to using the portable Avisynth to see if it makes a difference. MeGUI is currently using the installed version on my PC. I can't do that just yet as I'm in the middle of an encode, but maybe it's worth a try later on. Sorry. I have no idea what's causing it.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote