Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 30th December 2011, 15:38   #7821  |  Link
dbone1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Sounds like mmg has it wrong.
You can always check in MPC-HC by going to the Filters -> LAV Splitter context menu, which would show the flags it detected.
Thx, that is what I thought. Just wanted to confirm before I spoke with the mmg dev. Have a happy new year

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
dbone1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 15:51   #7822  |  Link
robpdotcom

I don't think MakeMKV is capable of setting a "forced" flag on streams yet. However, LAV is capable of detecting forced subs that are part of the full subtitle stream. I suspect that is why you are seeing the correct subs displayed, even though none of the streams are flagged as forced.

MakeMKV might have extracted the forced subs, created a new stream that contains only the forced subs, but still kept the flag for each individual line. So, the entire stream does not have the forced flag in the mkv header, but each line within the stream is flagged as forced.

mmg probably has it right - you can check by opening the file in mmg's header editor, and look to see if the streams are set with the forced flag (and set the flags if they aren't). You could also extract the stream with mkvExtract - run it through BDsup2sub, and I'll bet it tells you that all of the subs are forced subs.
AMD 6870

Last edited by robpdotcom; 30th December 2011 at 15:58.
robpdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 15:57   #7823  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpdotcom View Post
I. However, LAV is capable of detecting forced subs that are part of the full subtitle stream. I suspect that is why you are seeing the correct subs displayed, even though none of the streams are flagged as forced.
That might also be the case.
In any case, look at the stream list in MPC-HC and see which flags are there.
Old 30th December 2011, 15:58   #7824  |  Link
dbone1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpdotcom View Post
I don't think MakeMKV is capable of setting a "forced" flag on streams yet. However, LAV is capable of detecting forced subs that are part of the full subtitle stream. I suspect that is why you are seeing the correct subs displayed, even though none of the streams are flagged as forced.

MakeMKV might have extracted the forced subs, created a new stream that contains only the forced subs, but still kept the flag for each individual line. So, the entire stream does not have the forced flag in the mkv header, but each line within the stream is flagged as forced.

mmg probably has it right - you can check by opening the file in mmg's header editor, and look to see if the streams are set with the forced flag (and set the flags if they aren't).
I think it is the second point as MakeMKV is extracting the forced subtitles, not keeping the full subtitle stream. Interesting, I did not know each line could have its own flag. If this is the case then is LAV looking at each line and not the full stream?

Old 30th December 2011, 15:58   #7825  |  Link
dbone1026

Quote:
That might also be the case.
In any case, look at the stream list in MPC-HC and see which flags are there.
Going to look at now

Old 30th December 2011, 16:53   #7826  |  Link
glorp

Quote:
Sounds like mmg has it wrong.
You can always check in MPC-HC by going to the Filters -> LAV Splitter context menu, which would show the flags it detected.
MediaInfo GUI also shows the status of the forced and default flags in an mkv now. IIRC, a recent (and welcome) addition.
glorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 18:04   #7827  |  Link
graeme

Hi Nev.

Is there any chance you could provide a workaround for this crash in graphedit when the LAV decoders are installed? I know it's not a problem of your making, but really want to be able to GraphEdit with the LAV decoders install. I'm happy to avoid using the LAV decoders with GraphEdit, but I'd like it to not crash with LAV installed.

I want the LAV decoders to work well with my application (NextPVR previously known as GBPVR), but for now I've had to leave the LAV decoders uninstalled because I really need GraphEdit working. I have tried numerous times in the past few years to use GraphStudio, but it's just not for me. I prefer to work in GraphEdit.

Is there possibly some workaround you can do in the decoder if the process name is "GraphEdit.exe", or if some registry flag is set?
graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 18:05   #7828  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme View Post
Is there any chance you could provide a workaround for this crash in graphedit when the LAV decoders are installed? I know it's not a problem of your making, but really want to be able to GraphEdit with the LAV decoders install. I'm happy to avoid using the LAV decoders with GraphEdit, but I'd like it to not crash with LAV installed.
Use GraphStudio. Workaround as good as any.
Old 30th December 2011, 18:13   #7829  |  Link
graeme

I commented above about not wanting to use GraphStudio.

There must be something else we could do to get GraphEdit to function on a machine with LAV installed?
Old 30th December 2011, 18:17   #7830  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme View Post
There must be something else we could do to get GraphEdit to function on a machine with LAV installed?
There is not.
It crashes as soon as one filter has more then 100 media types registered. You cannot make that conditional.

I see no reason to not use GraphStudio, it offers basically everything GraphEdit offers, plus more. Anyhow, its your choice. I'll not artificially cripple my filters to support a broken tool.
Old 30th December 2011, 18:21   #7831  |  Link
clsid

You would have to manually reduce the number of mediasubtypes in the filterdata to avoid the crash with graphedit. GSpot has the ability to edit the filterdata. You will lose the ability to play any formats for which you remove the subtype.
Old 30th December 2011, 18:38   #7832  |  Link
graeme

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
You would have to manually reduce the number of mediasubtypes in the filterdata to avoid the crash with graphedit. GSpot has the ability to edit the filterdata. You will lose the ability to play any formats for which you remove the subtype.
That'd be fine with me. The reality is I'll only ever use LAV for certain audio video formats (those used in digital tv). I just want it not to crash GraphEdit having these decoders installed. Thanks - I'll check it out.
Old 31st December 2011, 00:28   #7833  |  Link
Mixer73

Nev,

I mainly use my machine for playing back DVR-MS files recorded by the TV Scheduler Pro program, basically just MPEG2 content in DVR-MS for compatibility with Windows Media Centre.

I note your splitter doesn't support DVR-MS, is this something that could be added?
Mixer73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2012, 20:24   #7834  |  Link
mindbomb

I just experienced a bug.

While watching an mkv with several different vobsub tracks, the subtitle track actually switched mid video without me doing anything.
mindbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2012, 20:33   #7835  |  Link
DragonQ

Nev, could you have a look at this file please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonQ View Post
I have an MKV file that plays fine when using the MPC-HC decoder but not when using the LAV Video Decoder (CUVID disabled). It plays a second or so, then freezes, then continues, with a crazy graph. Here's a sample:

http://www.mediafire.com/?54asyk494jkgd20

It doesn't seem to matter if I tick or untick LAV Splitter (which is set to "preferred") within MPC-HC, although I'm not entirely sure whether it's being used or not.
If it's EVR's fault then I guess not much can be done but if it's an LAV problem hopefully it can be fixed!
DragonQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2012, 21:11   #7836  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbomb View Post
I just experienced a bug.

While watching an mkv with several different vobsub tracks, the subtitle track actually switched mid video without me doing anything.
Thats impossible, either your player did something or the track itself suddenly contained something different.
Old 1st January 2012, 23:21   #7837  |  Link
mindbomb

yea, i thought it was very peculiar too.
I think it may be an mpc hc bug then.

edit:
On further analysis, yea, it looks it was a problem with the bluray itself. They screwed up their subtitles.

Last edited by mindbomb; 2nd January 2012 at 06:59.
mindbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 21:07   #7838  |  Link
RBG

Bug report.

I've got video file from cam. recorder, every time I try to rewind it forward, video just stops and sound keeps going. The bug occurs when LAV decoder is being used with every avi splitter present in my system(mpc avi, pot avi, avslplitter, windows avi splitter), except LAV splitter itself. When I am using another AVC decoder(Cyberlink, Arcsoft) everything is fine with all splitters.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/c1bbb12/n/00000002.AVI - sample.

mediaInfo

Code:
Video
ID                                       : 0
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : Main@L5.0
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP                     : M=1, N=15
Codec ID                                 : H264
Duration                                 : 3mn 3s
Bit rate                                 : 8 389 Kbps
Width                                    : 1 440 pixels
Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 4:3
Frame rate                               : 15.000 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.360
Stream size                              : 183 MiB (90%)
RBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 03:40   #7839  |  Link
Stephen R. Savage

nevcairiel,

I don't know if this has been requested before, but can you make it so LAV Splitter exports track information such that the audio track can e.g. be selected from the "Languages" menu in MPC-HC? If not, a tray icon to switch tracks would be appreciated, as currently the only way to change tracks is to go to Filters --> <filename> --> Submenu, which can be quite tedious.

Edit:
Also, can you comment on this suggestion I made several pages ago?
Quote:
Well, might as well as another question. nevcairiel, is support for tags planned? It'd be neat to show Author/Track information for stuff like MP3, MP4, FLAC, OGG, etc. like in audio players.

Last edited by Stephen R. Savage; 3rd January 2012 at 03:53.
Stephen R. Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 07:49   #7840  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen R. Savage View Post
I don't know if this has been requested before, but can you make it so LAV Splitter exports track information such that the audio track can e.g. be selected from the "Languages" menu in MPC-HC? If not, a tray icon to switch tracks would be appreciated, as currently the only way to change tracks is to go to Filters --> <filename> --> Submenu, which can be quite tedious.
You can use Navigate -> Audio Language/Subtitle Language, those should already populate and work fine.
Not sure what other Language option you would mean? I see nothing.

Quote:
Well, might as well as another question. nevcairiel, is support for tags planned? It'd be neat to show Author/Track information for stuff like MP3, MP4, FLAC, OGG, etc. like in audio players.
I suppose thats possible, not sure any player would actually show it. There is one pre-defined API from MS which has fields for Author and (Track-)Title (and some other fields), but its no generic way to export all metadata.

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter